• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

Aperture Mafia - Page 50

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 136 Next
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
March 19 2012 02:32 GMT
#981
I don't think it's too helpful for all of us to bombard Velinath with questions: he's made it clear that he's going to be fully transparent, or be lynched otherwise, so let's give him enough time to do so, with mod approval. If that information isn't forthcoming, however, then we need to talk. Otherwise, we're just creating clutter.

Kenpachi, in light of your recent discovery, do you still want to kill GlaDOS? If not, do you have anything more to say about any of the actual players here? If not, can you please stop spamming?

Grackaroni, I'm still not willing to trust any of Drazerk's claims, especially ones hinging on abilities he may or may not have used, and items that may or may not have even existed. I doubt that Velinath is a Planar Dragon. A third party would probably not seek an elected role that came with so many conditions and threats.

Speaking of items, the Anger Core obviously never existed, and I doubt Drazerk started with any items in the first place. So someone should have a corrupted Portal Gun, and beyond that, nothing. If anyone wants lemons, they should grow a lemon tree.
Trust in Bayes.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 02:38 GMT
#982
##Grow: Lemon Tree
@Velinath : Are you able to gift yourself items and will you be doing that?
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 02:41 GMT
#983
We're on a new page, please check the last post on the last page for information.
@Grack I can gift myself items. I will not do so unless the town's okay with me doing so since people probably still have some reservations about my town alignment.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 02:43 GMT
#984
On March 19 2012 11:31 Velinath wrote:
Alright I have confirmation that I can release this.

The Wheatley role gives me access to the Black Market, where I can buy items (and apparently, "services" from other people with access to this) with currency. Right now, I can buy the items I've listed for you previously in the thread. I know for a fact right now that there are others with this access, but I don't know who they are or what faction they are.

I can sell items too, I think, but I'm a little hazy on that.

The way the whole "giving items" thing works is that I can buy an item and immediately have it given to a person I specify.

The Black Market is based around aliases, so if you ask me to buy a specific item and I then purchase it in the Black Market, other people with access to the Black Market will know the alias I post under (they'll be able to compare post times, etc). Please keep that in mind, if you'd like me to purchase items.



Ugh? So do you know which aliases are those? Do you know which people buy what, and what they sell?

Can you communicate to these "vendors"? How? Via PMs or QT?

Is there any information from there you can give us?




@Midnight: I think Drazerk said he gave all his items to the Cell Leader.
Whether that's true and there does exist an Anger Core, or that's all bullshit altogether we don't know (I'd want to assume that's bullshit though).

@Grack: Please post info about this Lemon Tree.
Did someone give you more lemons? What does the Lemon Tree do (apart I guess from just giving you more lemons)?
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 02:49 GMT
#985
I know which alias buys and sells stuff, but I don't know who those people are in the thread

I believe revealing how the market is conducted would merit a modkill. At the very least it's a grey area that I don't want to talk about unless I got direct confirmation that I could.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 02:59 GMT
#986
On March 19 2012 11:43 gonzaw wrote:
@Grack: Please post info about this Lemon Tree.
Did someone give you more lemons? What does the Lemon Tree do (apart I guess from just giving you more lemons)?

I'm a 4th party role. I am unlynchable, bullet proof and I win with all possible roles/factions. Once per day/night cycle I must plant a lemon tree. My win condition is that I must collect the entire game's supply of lemons. My only weakness is that I am susceptible to poisoned lemons....

In reality, MidnightGladius said that people looking for lemons should grow a lemon tree... so i grew a lemon tree. It did nothing, and has no meaning. I haven't gotten anymore lemons but it's no big deal... unless of course I was telling the truth about my above role.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 03:06 GMT
#987
On March 19 2012 11:49 Velinath wrote:
I know which alias buys and sells stuff, but I don't know who those people are in the thread

I believe revealing how the market is conducted would merit a modkill. At the very least it's a grey area that I don't want to talk about unless I got direct confirmation that I could.


Fine, then go and get direct confirmation that it could.

Can you post a list of these aliases to the thread at least?

Perhaps other blue roles can get more info about it.


On March 19 2012 11:59 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 11:43 gonzaw wrote:
@Grack: Please post info about this Lemon Tree.
Did someone give you more lemons? What does the Lemon Tree do (apart I guess from just giving you more lemons)?

I'm a 4th party role. I am unlynchable, bullet proof and I win with all possible roles/factions. Once per day/night cycle I must plant a lemon tree. My win condition is that I must collect the entire game's supply of lemons. My only weakness is that I am susceptible to poisoned lemons....

In reality, MidnightGladius said that people looking for lemons should grow a lemon tree... so i grew a lemon tree. It did nothing, and has no meaning. I haven't gotten anymore lemons but it's no big deal... unless of course I was telling the truth about my above role.


I really hope this isn't a fake-claim like Toad's/Rg's ones from AC

Once per day/night cycle I must plant a lemon tree.


In reality, MidnightGladius said that people looking for lemons should grow a lemon tree... so i grew a lemon tree. It did nothing, and has no meaning.


Really? It has no meaning, yet it apparently is in your Role PM and is a restriction?
Why did you plant a lemon tree because MG said so? Woudln't you just plant one each cycle because your role states so?

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 03:12 GMT
#988
Because MG is masoned with me and has a similar role.
He is trying to collect potatoes.
he just posted the bit about the lemons to make my lemon tree planting seem less suspicious
Anyone trying to get potatoes? grow them.
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 03:12 GMT
#989
On March 19 2012 12:06 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 11:49 Velinath wrote:
I know which alias buys and sells stuff, but I don't know who those people are in the thread

I believe revealing how the market is conducted would merit a modkill. At the very least it's a grey area that I don't want to talk about unless I got direct confirmation that I could.


Fine, then go and get direct confirmation that it could.

Can you post a list of these aliases to the thread at least?

Perhaps other blue roles can get more info about it.

Aliases are based on BW players. As far as I can tell these aliases have no relation to the actual game. I'd post a list, but there are like 3 people on that list so far and I'd rather not out myself that quickly to the other members of the market.

Unless you think that getting rid of my anonymity to two people I don't know is a good idea, in which case I guess I could.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
March 19 2012 03:12 GMT
#990
Gonzaw, I wasn't being serious about telling people seeking lemons to grow lemon trees :D. I was just poking fun at the idea of there being a black market trade in lemons, of all things.

Grackaroni, now you're being a bit too silly :D.
Trust in Bayes.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 03:14 GMT
#991
On March 19 2012 12:12 MidnightGladius wrote:
Gonzaw, I wasn't being serious about telling people seeking lemons to grow lemon trees :D. I was just poking fun at the idea of there being a black market trade in lemons, of all things.

Grackaroni, now you're being a bit too silly :D.

there's not much going on the thread anyways.
Besides I'm pretty sure there are a few players in here who aren't bothering to read the thread so it might actually help me get one
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 03:21 GMT
#992
On March 19 2012 12:12 Velinath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 12:06 gonzaw wrote:
On March 19 2012 11:49 Velinath wrote:
I know which alias buys and sells stuff, but I don't know who those people are in the thread

I believe revealing how the market is conducted would merit a modkill. At the very least it's a grey area that I don't want to talk about unless I got direct confirmation that I could.


Fine, then go and get direct confirmation that it could.

Can you post a list of these aliases to the thread at least?

Perhaps other blue roles can get more info about it.

Aliases are based on BW players. As far as I can tell these aliases have no relation to the actual game. I'd post a list, but there are like 3 people on that list so far and I'd rather not out myself that quickly to the other members of the market.

Unless you think that getting rid of my anonymity to two people I don't know is a good idea, in which case I guess I could.



I am not the one that should dictate your actions, the whole town should, so I'd want to wait for other people's thoughts on it.


Since you are in touch with town, maybe having your identity in the black market known will make things more transparent with you (for instance, you won't be afraid to post info in the thread fearing it will out yourself or something in the BM).

Also, I maybe we should have ALL people from the black market claim here and claim their aliases.
If everybody claims, then the BM will be completely transparent, and scum/3rd party won't be able to use it to their favour without gaining some suspicion.

If someone doesn't claim their alias, we can just assume they are mafia, so if any info is gotten about them, they should be instantly killed

Thoughts about this?




@Grack: Is this a joke then? Are you fake-claiming for shit and giggles?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 03:27 GMT
#993
On March 19 2012 12:21 gonzaw wrote:
@Grack: Is this a joke then? Are you fake-claiming for shit and giggles?

yeah, I wouldn't even consider it fake claiming its a pretty ridiculous role.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 03:36 GMT
#994
Now back to serious thoughts, Transparency for the black market is not always a good thing. The OP itself explicitly mentioned the fact that there could be roles capable of stealing items. I can only imagine those being scum roles if they exist so you could end up gifting a powerful item to scum rather than the townie player the item was originally made for.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
March 19 2012 03:39 GMT
#995
On March 19 2012 11:43 gonzaw wrote:
@Midnight: I think Drazerk said he gave all his items to the Cell Leader.
Whether that's true and there does exist an Anger Core, or that's all bullshit altogether we don't know (I'd want to assume that's bullshit though).


A good part of what Drazerk said is probably bullshit, but according to his role PM any items that come into his possession become permanently inoperable, so whatever became of them is now moot.
Bora Pain minha porra!
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 03:52 GMT
#996
On March 19 2012 12:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Now back to serious thoughts, Transparency for the black market is not always a good thing. The OP itself explicitly mentioned the fact that there could be roles capable of stealing items. I can only imagine those being scum roles if they exist so you could end up gifting a powerful item to scum rather than the townie player the item was originally made for.



Fuck, forgot about that.

Yeah, maybe it's a bad idea.



@Sbrubbles: It's odd seeing you here all of a sudden. This is the first time you've posted since the lynch, right? What thoughts do you have about it? Or thoughts about anything else?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 19 2012 04:00 GMT
#997
Curu has recieved -5 Science Collaboration Points for attempted intellectual property theft!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 19 2012 04:01 GMT
#998
On March 19 2012 08:19 gonzaw wrote:
@Lanaia: It seems to me you are just trying to blend in, I haven't seen you contribute that much, and the only relevant reads you've stated where you thought BH was town and Drazerk scum.

I've been a little busy. I will have more reads, come dayflip. With all the fuckery d1, I don't really have that many reads. Wiggles/Jay town, etc.


On March 19 2012 10:08 willz22912 wrote:
For gonzaw: I have null reads at this point towards Lanaia and Zephridd based on their filters to this point. I don't see any pro-town behavior, they are mostly just sheeping other peoples thoughts (electing BH, which I also agreed/voted for). I also don't have any reason to assume they are scum at this point either.

I see Zephridd's case against paperscraps more of paperscraps acting like a noob town more than paperscraps being a real scum.

Lanaia is calling out Kenpachi who I also am concerned with, Kenpachi hasn't posted anything useful except for asking for votes for GladOs, and he traded an item to Drazerk for a vote when the GladOs vote wasn't even close to being close to majority and passing. No reason to have traded an item that early especially to a claimed 3rd party, pretty anti-town.


Wasn't calling out kenpachi. I was asking him to be less abrasive. It's not a good look, you know?

That lemon thing is silly.

On March 19 2012 12:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Now back to serious thoughts, Transparency for the black market is not always a good thing. The OP itself explicitly mentioned the fact that there could be roles capable of stealing items. I can only imagine those being scum roles if they exist so you could end up gifting a powerful item to scum rather than the townie player the item was originally made for.


I agree with Grack completely here.
I'm willing to trust ven as town considering all the bullshit draz said. Least for now.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 04:18:27
March 19 2012 04:02 GMT
#999
wat
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 04:35 GMT
#1000
There's a very simple way to determine if Drazerk lied or not about giving his items to someone else (Cell Leader or not) now that I think about it:



-If you got the "Portal Gun", "Maia Gun", or "Angry Core" once Drazerk was lynched, then claim you got it.
If this was the case, then Drazerk was indeed bullshiting about that and we can just forget about it.
If nobody claims, then perhaps he did give his items to someone else, but it's also likely the items went to scum/3rd party.

The point is that Drazerk's role made his items obsolete, so there's no harm in claiming you got them, right?
(Unless I'm missing something).
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Codebar 16
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 988
Soma 955
Mini 845
Rush 400
actioN 394
Horang2 356
Light 314
BeSt 311
Larva 306
Stork 274
[ Show more ]
Snow 239
ggaemo 234
hero 187
Killer 133
Barracks 116
firebathero 114
Zeus 97
Sea.KH 76
Aegong 71
Mong 66
JYJ 66
Sharp 47
soO 46
ToSsGirL 42
Shinee 36
Shine 30
Bale 27
Sexy 19
sorry 18
Sacsri 16
Rock 16
Terrorterran 13
zelot 13
Icarus 10
Dewaltoss 9
JulyZerg 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7297
qojqva1554
Dendi760
XaKoH 469
420jenkins44
Counter-Strike
Fnx 701
kRYSTAL_676
edward78
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4786
Khaldor407
Other Games
gofns38311
singsing1739
B2W.Neo977
byalli540
Lowko391
DeMusliM231
mouzStarbuck171
Liquid`VortiX170
Livibee146
ArmadaUGS105
KnowMe104
amsayoshi22
Railgan17
Chillindude16
Mlord7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV266
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile113
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV379
League of Legends
• Nemesis2199
• Jankos1813
• TFBlade690
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 23m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.