• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:03
CEST 04:03
KST 11:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8596 users

Aperture Mafia - Page 51

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 136 Next
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 19 2012 04:41 GMT
#1001
On March 19 2012 13:35 gonzaw wrote:
There's a very simple way to determine if Drazerk lied or not about giving his items to someone else (Cell Leader or not) now that I think about it:



-If you got the "Portal Gun", "Maia Gun", or "Angry Core" once Drazerk was lynched, then claim you got it.
If this was the case, then Drazerk was indeed bullshiting about that and we can just forget about it.
If nobody claims, then perhaps he did give his items to someone else, but it's also likely the items went to scum/3rd party.

The point is that Drazerk's role made his items obsolete, so there's no harm in claiming you got them, right?
(Unless I'm missing something).



He claimed the angry core would take two people down with him, no?
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 04:42 GMT
#1002
On March 19 2012 13:41 Lanaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 13:35 gonzaw wrote:
There's a very simple way to determine if Drazerk lied or not about giving his items to someone else (Cell Leader or not) now that I think about it:



-If you got the "Portal Gun", "Maia Gun", or "Angry Core" once Drazerk was lynched, then claim you got it.
If this was the case, then Drazerk was indeed bullshiting about that and we can just forget about it.
If nobody claims, then perhaps he did give his items to someone else, but it's also likely the items went to scum/3rd party.

The point is that Drazerk's role made his items obsolete, so there's no harm in claiming you got them, right?
(Unless I'm missing something).



He claimed the angry core would take two people down with him, no?

Doesn't matter, even if he got it it would be disabled per his role PM.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 04:44 GMT
#1003
On March 19 2012 13:41 Lanaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 13:35 gonzaw wrote:
There's a very simple way to determine if Drazerk lied or not about giving his items to someone else (Cell Leader or not) now that I think about it:



-If you got the "Portal Gun", "Maia Gun", or "Angry Core" once Drazerk was lynched, then claim you got it.
If this was the case, then Drazerk was indeed bullshiting about that and we can just forget about it.
If nobody claims, then perhaps he did give his items to someone else, but it's also likely the items went to scum/3rd party.

The point is that Drazerk's role made his items obsolete, so there's no harm in claiming you got them, right?
(Unless I'm missing something).



He claimed the angry core would take two people down with him, no?

It was a lie. Kenpachi gave him an item, which made him bulletproof.
Just a desperate attempt to make town decide they would rather shoot him than risk lynching him.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 19 2012 04:51 GMT
#1004
Oh, okay. That makes sense I guess.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 19 2012 05:06 GMT
#1005
I gave him a Portal Gun zzzzzzzzz
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 05:29 GMT
#1006
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here lies a very Important statement!



I have the Destabilization Engine

This item has a large Aperture Science 1500 Megawatt Super-Colliding Super Switch, which at the moment is ON.
I can turn the switch ON or OFF each night.

I know nothing else about this item.



Thanks ghost for pointing this out:

On March 18 2012 11:22 ghost_403 wrote:
@sbrubbles - in one of the important posts from the sleeper cell game, it is stated that someone stole 5 portal guns. FYI.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=13516834



I forgot about the flavour text from Sleeper Cell 2, so I decided to check it again.

Here are some interesting exerpts from it:

“As always at the LR, safety is our number one concern. As you can see behind me we have constructed a rather large device I have dubbed the Destabilization Engine. We use this in conjunction with some other instruments to destabilize the Rift, so it can be shut down in the case of an emergency.”


"Hello everyone, Here i am at the institute with this stunning mechanical creation behind me. Now I'm told this creation is being called "GLADOS", and it was originally created to manage the Destabilization Engine among other assets of the company. While making a routine inspection, her AI found that 5 prototype "Portal Guns", or devices used to create rifts, were found missing and traced the theft back to Zephridd, an employee of the company. further investigation led to evidence that he was connected with the vicious sleeper cell, and has been taken away by the FBI."



After seeing this, I thought the D.Engine was a very important item for this game.
Because of this, I thought town should be given the knowledge of what it does, so we can figure it out together.
Also, maybe other roles know more about this than I do, and can give us more info too.

It seems to me, that as long as the D.Engine is ON, then the "Rift can be shut down in case of an emergency", but I don't really know what that would mean.
It also seems GLaDOS may be looking for this item as well, since she's supposed to manage it (if she's in this game)

Another thing that caught my eye was Drazerk's Role PM:

ALTERNATIVELY: You win immediately if the Rift hits Destabilization Level 5 and you possess the Destabilization Engine. You will instantly be transported to LOTR Mafia and destroy Everyone!


This made me think, that the D.Engine has something to do with the "Destabilization Levels" as well.

The Engine is ON for now, and never was it mentioned that the "Destabilization Level" rose or not in the Night Post, nor any other special announcement.
This makes me think that perhaps those Levels rise only when the Engine is OFF. Perhaps it raises 1 level each cycle it's OFF, or something.
Perhaps the "Destabilization Level" is just a fancy name for Day. So "Destabilization Level 5" would mean "Day 5" (meaning Drazerk would have needed to wait 5 days and have the D. Engine to win).
That makes sense as well, but I'm open to opinions.

If Drazerk has this "alternative" win condition, perhaps other "Great powers" have this one as well.
Maybe we can get the DLs up to 5, give the D.Engine to one of these 3rd parties to take them out of the game.
However, that's risky since we don't know what the DLs affect us (if it's not just a fancy name for "Day"), and we don't know if this "alternative" win condition is exclusive with other win conditions (for instance, if said win-con is achieved, the game ends and all other factions lose).

Anyways, I thought town could have the info, in case I died, scum got the item and I was never able to talk about it.


I'm making this colorful and shit so people can see it and not "ignore" it, since I think this may be an important item and want everybody to acknowledge its existance.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 19 2012 05:48 GMT
#1007
gonzaw, it is unbelievable that this I must do
but trust me when I say I wish it weren't true.
I try to be clear
with what I post here
If you have any questions just ask me dude!
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 19 2012 05:54 GMT
#1008
GLaDOS is the hosts
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 06:00 GMT
#1009
On March 19 2012 14:48 Foolishness wrote:
gonzaw, it is unbelievable that this I must do
but trust me when I say I wish it weren't true.
I try to be clear
with what I post here
If you have any questions just ask me dude!



Posting clear is a good thing, but not enough.

The Foolishness I've heard about is not one that just sits around waiting for people to ask him questions, or just comes in around every once in a while and makes a single "clear" point.
If you were anybody else, this would have been fine (for the most part).

But you are not, and I expect a lot of you; initially I expect you to be more active, and at least have posts that have more than 6-7 lines.


You tell me you can't write a 30-line poem or so? If you really want to keep up with this rhyme bullshit, then at least do it right.



If rhyming is your post restriction
It doesn't mean you have to follow it perfectly
Trying too hard to do it is just a constriction
You don't even need to do it subtly

For instance you can just make it apparent
that you want to write in verse
but then just post whatever is your intent
I mean, you can still write verse without it being a rhyme.


gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 06:02 GMT
#1010
EBWOP:

Ah:

"The Town Foolishness I've heard about is not one that just sits around waiting for people to ask him questions, or just comes in around once in a while and makes a single "clear" point."
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 06:03 GMT
#1011
On March 19 2012 15:00 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 14:48 Foolishness wrote:
gonzaw, it is unbelievable that this I must do
but trust me when I say I wish it weren't true.
I try to be clear
with what I post here
If you have any questions just ask me dude!



Posting clear is a good thing, but not enough.

The Foolishness I've heard about is not one that just sits around waiting for people to ask him questions, or just comes in around every once in a while and makes a single "clear" point.
If you were anybody else, this would have been fine (for the most part).

But you are not, and I expect a lot of you; initially I expect you to be more active, and at least have posts that have more than 6-7 lines.


You tell me you can't write a 30-line poem or so? If you really want to keep up with this rhyme bullshit, then at least do it right.



If rhyming is your post restriction
It doesn't mean you have to follow it perfectly
Trying too hard to do it is just a constriction
You don't even need to do it subtly

For instance you can just make it apparent
that you want to write in verse
but then just post whatever is your intent
I mean, you can still write verse without it being a rhyme.



His post restriction's probably limerick. That makes things a little trickier.
Velinath
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States694 Posts
March 19 2012 06:04 GMT
#1012
ebwop as opposed to just generalized verse.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 06:06 GMT
#1013
@Foolishness : is there any games that showcase what your town play normally looks like? You've got such a reputation but the game I found was personality mafia and it did not help me in the slightest lol
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 19 2012 06:10 GMT
#1014
On March 19 2012 15:03 Velinath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 15:00 gonzaw wrote:
On March 19 2012 14:48 Foolishness wrote:
gonzaw, it is unbelievable that this I must do
but trust me when I say I wish it weren't true.
I try to be clear
with what I post here
If you have any questions just ask me dude!



Posting clear is a good thing, but not enough.

The Foolishness I've heard about is not one that just sits around waiting for people to ask him questions, or just comes in around every once in a while and makes a single "clear" point.
If you were anybody else, this would have been fine (for the most part).

But you are not, and I expect a lot of you; initially I expect you to be more active, and at least have posts that have more than 6-7 lines.


You tell me you can't write a 30-line poem or so? If you really want to keep up with this rhyme bullshit, then at least do it right.



If rhyming is your post restriction
It doesn't mean you have to follow it perfectly
Trying too hard to do it is just a constriction
You don't even need to do it subtly

For instance you can just make it apparent
that you want to write in verse
but then just post whatever is your intent
I mean, you can still write verse without it being a rhyme.



His post restriction's probably limerick. That makes things a little trickier.



Right, so our "strongest" town player has a post restriction that basicly doesn't allow him to play the game?

Either that's VERY unfortunate and kind of dickish by the hosts (lol jk love you ....if this were true >_> ), or he's mafia/3rd party/townie TOTALLY uninterested in the game just doing shit for the lulz; and if the latter was the case, I don't feel confident in Foolishness being the latter of those options.


Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 19 2012 06:13 GMT
#1015
On March 19 2012 15:06 Grackaroni wrote:
@Foolishness : is there any games that showcase what your town play normally looks like? You've got such a reputation but the game I found was personality mafia and it did not help me in the slightest lol

You must look back a bit farther to find
a game where I force to mafia to resign.
A good possibility
would be Responsibility
or Mafia L, if you do not mind.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 19 2012 06:17 GMT
#1016
On March 19 2012 15:10 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 15:03 Velinath wrote:
On March 19 2012 15:00 gonzaw wrote:
On March 19 2012 14:48 Foolishness wrote:
gonzaw, it is unbelievable that this I must do
but trust me when I say I wish it weren't true.
I try to be clear
with what I post here
If you have any questions just ask me dude!



Posting clear is a good thing, but not enough.

The Foolishness I've heard about is not one that just sits around waiting for people to ask him questions, or just comes in around every once in a while and makes a single "clear" point.
If you were anybody else, this would have been fine (for the most part).

But you are not, and I expect a lot of you; initially I expect you to be more active, and at least have posts that have more than 6-7 lines.


You tell me you can't write a 30-line poem or so? If you really want to keep up with this rhyme bullshit, then at least do it right.



If rhyming is your post restriction
It doesn't mean you have to follow it perfectly
Trying too hard to do it is just a constriction
You don't even need to do it subtly

For instance you can just make it apparent
that you want to write in verse
but then just post whatever is your intent
I mean, you can still write verse without it being a rhyme.



His post restriction's probably limerick. That makes things a little trickier.



Right, so our "strongest" town player has a post restriction that basicly doesn't allow him to play the game?

Either that's VERY unfortunate and kind of dickish by the hosts (lol jk love you ....if this were true >_> ), or he's mafia/3rd party/townie TOTALLY uninterested in the game just doing shit for the lulz; and if the latter was the case, I don't feel confident in Foolishness being the latter of those options.



I know this situation is definitely awkward
that I have to do this, it makes me quite bothered,
thus if I do not make sense
or it seems I'm on the fence
just go ahead and ask me things, I would be honored!
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 19 2012 07:19 GMT
#1017
yo.

this is where the idea of the black market is coming from:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=313991&currentpage=24#467

maybe check that out. off to work now...see you in 9 hours or so.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 19 2012 08:05 GMT
#1018
A Tribute to Foolishness

Your need to speak poetry must surely be fake
but an anti-town player that does not always make.
you seemed too content to sit back and read
as if you were waiting to watch us all bleed.
(and we really could use a strong townie to lead!!)
New players ignored you, this is probably rare
your lynch target survived but you did not care.
I have now looked through four of your games
and they have confirmed the great town claims
Unlike most vets you do not use much pressure
you wait for scum to jump out at your own leisure
Your number one read has always flipped scum
Not lynching Dirk Hardpec seems pretty dumb
If somebody gives me the lemon I continue to seek
I promise to end the life of that scummy geek
If scum wants to kill me they can go right ahead
In fact I'll be pleased; no tears will be shed.

Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
March 19 2012 08:38 GMT
#1019
On March 19 2012 14:06 Kenpachi wrote:
I gave him a Portal Gun zzzzzzzzz


Did you really and if so, why give anything to him?
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
March 19 2012 08:47 GMT
#1020
On March 19 2012 11:31 Velinath wrote:
Alright I have confirmation that I can release this.

The Wheatley role gives me access to the Black Market, where I can buy items (and apparently, "services" from other people with access to this) with currency. Right now, I can buy the items I've listed for you previously in the thread. I know for a fact right now that there are others with this access, but I don't know who they are or what faction they are.

I can sell items too, I think, but I'm a little hazy on that.

The way the whole "giving items" thing works is that I can buy an item and immediately have it given to a person I specify.

The Black Market is based around aliases, so if you ask me to buy a specific item and I then purchase it in the Black Market, other people with access to the Black Market will know the alias I post under (they'll be able to compare post times, etc). Please keep that in mind, if you'd like me to purchase items.


Ok......... and what is the currency used in these transaction?
What do the sellers get from you if you buy something?
This seems quite a dangerous trade if you give something powerfull back to a person unknown.
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13510
Rain 2231
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 20
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever629
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1637
ArmadaUGS333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1257
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv716
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0193
Maynarde159
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick863
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv716
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 57m
OSC
10h 57m
Stellar Fest
10h 57m
OSC
21h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.