• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7815 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 28 Next All
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 06 2011 01:33 GMT
#221
I stopped trying because I thought not enough people would be here for the lynch. Anyway. I'm just gonna vote for OriginalName
##Unvote
##Vote: OriginalName
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
June 06 2011 01:33 GMT
#222
On June 06 2011 10:28 youngminii wrote:
Guys if you won't listen to logic, can you at least listen to math? IF, IF Sinani is vet, then we will be losing a pretty big town power role. Honestly, do you really want to risk that instead of waiting one more day for a confirmation?

Most, if not all, of the mafia would definitely agree with the lynch on Sinani (assuming he is vet). Don't get caught up in the bandwagoning imo.

man if sinani ends up being scum i'm never gonna play mafia ever again


Just saying, he was an aybsmal vet in the first place, what scum in his right mind would shoot him. A Vet who is not shot is just a vanilla townie. It's not a huge loss in the end.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 06 2011 01:34 GMT
#223
If anyone's still there, I'm sorry for not posting since 9:00 KST because I had a piano lesson. I brought this upon myself. If you are there, please switch your votes.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
June 06 2011 01:35 GMT
#224
On June 06 2011 10:33 OriginalName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:28 youngminii wrote:
Guys if you won't listen to logic, can you at least listen to math? IF, IF Sinani is vet, then we will be losing a pretty big town power role. Honestly, do you really want to risk that instead of waiting one more day for a confirmation?

Most, if not all, of the mafia would definitely agree with the lynch on Sinani (assuming he is vet). Don't get caught up in the bandwagoning imo.

man if sinani ends up being scum i'm never gonna play mafia ever again


Just saying, he was an aybsmal vet in the first place, what scum in his right mind would shoot him. A Vet who is not shot is just a vanilla townie. It's not a huge loss in the end.

This is so stupid

i
i
holy fuck
lalala
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
June 06 2011 01:38 GMT
#225
Okay.

prplhz
Palmar
Mataza
stefftastiq
OriginalName

You're all on my huge FoS list if Sinani flips non-red. I can't think of any reason why you all have such a strong opinion about lynching him. His actions are very non-scummy. If he had mafia friends I'd assume they'd try to change discussion to something else other than lynching him. Basically makes half the players <.<

Also, Varpulis jumping around with his voting pattern, basically accusing everyone. Don't know what to make of that, just noting it.

As for my vote, I'm basically defending Sinani now and I agree with Varpulis' plan. Also:

Just saying, he was an aybsmal townie in the first place. It's not a huge loss in the end.

##Vote OriginalName
lalala
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
June 06 2011 01:42 GMT
#226
@youngminii

Town should never rely on blues like that. What is this confirmation we can get on day2 that you are talking about?

And if we were going to lynch somebody else who would you suggest? Kavdragon and Palmar? And why do you think they would be better lynches?

But yea I'm also beginning to have doubts about sinani206's scummyness but I don't see anybody else with a strong case against them and with so little potential for doing something good for town on day2.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 06 2011 01:43 GMT
#227
I think sinani's death would've been too quiet.

##Unvote
##Vote OriginalName
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 06 2011 01:44 GMT
#228
if we have a cop, I would suggest checking VarpuliS instead of sinani206.
Computer says mafia
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 06 2011 01:45 GMT
#229
Right so, First off I've not had a connection for the past day, so let me run through a few responses. (I'm writing this offline, so pardon the lack of actual quotes.)

The discussion today went well imo. There was pressure, people who weren't posting started, and the people that I felt were scumiest from early in the day got looked at. (sinani for posting completely out of place post count lists.)

+ Show Spoiler [Day 1 Lynch] +

I know this is a bit late in the day, but let me make my opinions on the day 1 lynch clear: Lynching a lurker day 1 is good. This is why: First, it pressures people to stop lurking. We we only "pressure" without actually being willing to lynch, then the pressure is a facade, and people can safely lurk all they want. Second, lurkers cannot be analysed later because there will be little to no information that we can use to analyse them by.

Beyond that, we have several newer players in this game, and as is well known new scum players tend to lurk. (Not every new scum player, but the majority). This means that are more likly to find a player amongst the lurkers than we are amongst the more vocal people in the town. For this reason, untill we are able to look at more information (i.e. day 2) I suggest we lynch a lurker.

Now, I think that I need to clarify what I mean by a lurker: A lurker is someone who is not posting much, but more importantly is someone who is putting very little content in thier posts. (Content being original ideas, opinions, and reads)

+ Show Spoiler [For Palmar] +

Simply lynching the person who is the most inactive as a policy lynch isn't a great idea, i agree. However, there's no way that the town would ever simply pick the most inactive person so I think that your dissagreement is misplaced. There is a group of inactive players atm, and out of that group we should pick the scumiest. Should we be gunning for sucm? Absolutely, but we have to think ahead also. Day 1 lynch is natoriously hard to get right, so let's do two things to make sure we come out on top at the end of it: 1 If it's we lynch a townie, then let's make sure it's one of the useless townies. If we aren't too sure who is scum, let's shoot into the group that statistically will have a higher percentage of scum in it: Lurkers.

Keeping all that in mind, we scum hunt as usual, but we keep the spotlight on that group. I'm not saying that we shouldn't pressure people, we shouldn't discuss, we shouldn't hunt. We should do all of those things. But at the end of the day, we play it safe and lynch someone who is not contributing, and soneone who will be hard to analyse later. All in all it's the best choice to make unless someone makes a big scum slip.

Discuss who is scummy. Pressure people. Lynch a lurker. They are not mutually exclusive.



+ Show Spoiler [Veteran Claim] +

I don´t know what good a designated town leader/coordinator does in a game without PMs.
Since everything he says is in the open, he cannot coordinate night actions without letting the scum know it.
That leaves analysis and scumhunting, for which we don´t need a leader. Actually a single, declared leader is detrimental, as it can devolve into "follow the leader" and scum sucking up to him.


This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier. A leader does us no good in this game. It only puts a bigger target on our most valuable player. If we all contribute then it doesn't matter who dies, the rest of the town caries on. If we leave it up to a few leaders the mafia can snipe them and then roflstomp the rest of the inactive town. In anycase, I think the point has been made, and it's up to the vet to decide to do the right thing and remain annonomous.



-------------------------
Reading up now, will respond to current events (the vet claim)
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 01:46:25
June 06 2011 01:45 GMT
#230
Vote Count, day 1


Mataza (0)
Varpulis
Palmar

prplhz (1)
dementrio

youngminii(1)
JeeJee
Palmar

unichan(1)
Kavdragon
youngminii

stefftastiq (0)
youngminii
Varpulis
sinani206
OriginalName

sinani206(6)
prplhz
Palmar
Mataza
stefftastiq
unichan
Varpulis
OriginalName

Palmar(0)
Varpulis
unichan
youngminii

Kavdragon(0)
Varpulis

OriginalName(3)
Varpulis
sinani206
youngminii
Palmar

Sinani currently to be lynched. About 15minutes left in the day. Make sure to yell at me if I miscounted the votes
Moderator
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 06 2011 01:49 GMT
#231
Varpulis are you there?
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 06 2011 01:51 GMT
#232
So I'll be honest here. I saw giant bandwagon on a player who had no one really defending them. That is a town tell for me. Don't get me wrong, I think that sinari looks scummy, but that big of a landslide of votes is not going to happen to a mafia player.

So I was going to press for Original Name, becaues he was lurking back and not posting much other than defence.

This claim (which sinani's been painfully obviously hinting at for the since he asked if a vet could be lynched) is changing things. If I were mafia, and I was about to be lynched, I would 100% claim vet. It's not confirmable unless you are shot, and obviously the mafia isn't going to shoot their own member. After they claim vet they have an excuse to be alive for the rest of the game "Because the mafia know that I am a vet".

In short, the vet claim makes me think more than anything that Sinani is scum. I think I think that the vet claim is a last ditch attempt to save their own, and by the looks of it it's going pretty well.

##Unvote
##Vote Sinani
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 06 2011 01:53 GMT
#233
To clarify, I've thought that sinani is scum since he posted the post count list. (Very slight suspicion then, but it has grown since into a full on scum read.) The only thing that made me think that sinani might not be scum was the fact that there was no defending/claim coming out.

Since there has been a vet claim, and people are defending him, that reason is void, and I am left with a strong scum read.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 06 2011 01:54 GMT
#234
OK, it's your own decision. I had hoped you and Varpulis could swing the vote, but whatever.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 06 2011 01:54 GMT
#235
EBWOTP: A strong scum read considering it's day one.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
June 06 2011 01:55 GMT
#236
On June 06 2011 10:42 prplhz wrote:
@youngminii

Town should never rely on blues like that. What is this confirmation we can get on day2 that you are talking about?

And if we were going to lynch somebody else who would you suggest? Kavdragon and Palmar? And why do you think they would be better lynches?

But yea I'm also beginning to have doubts about sinani206's scummyness but I don't see anybody else with a strong case against them and with so little potential for doing something good for town on day2.

Okay, we are not relying on blues, this must be a misconception of yours. Relying on blues is more like when a cop claims and we rely on the doctor to repeatedly save the cop and hope that there's no roleblocker and that the mafia don't snipe the doctor. Withholding a lynch against someone who claimed vet so that we're sure we don't snipe a blue is definitely, NOT, relying on a blue. I didn't actually say we could confirm that he was a vet, but I suppose a cop could do it. My line of reasoning is that there's no reason to lynch him now when we can lynch him later if he continues to be scummy.

Kavdragon has (had) very little posts with content. Basically he said let's lynch lurkers and then didn't post. I've already had a case on Palmar.

As for YOU, you've literally gone and sheeped along with the sinani case I can only see this as a way to absolve your sins once (if) sinani does flip non-red.
lalala
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
June 06 2011 01:55 GMT
#237
okay, I caught up with the thread now (dat MLG), I don't know if I have time to convince others but

re: the big issue which is the vet claim

On June 06 2011 04:43 sinani206 wrote:
Does a lynch kill a veteran

a little random, don't you think? a soft-claim perhaps? non-convincing BUT


On June 06 2011 07:02 sinani206 wrote:
I don't understand why everyone is voting for me. I've tried my hardest. Let's actually lynch a mafia and then vigilante can kill me if he wants. I also don't understand why everyone is unvoting steff. All he did was OMGUS vote me.

Emphasis mine. what an interesting idea for someone that's a vet, don't you think? auto-confirmed via vigi. I'm not convinced but if he were vet, his actions are explainable.

That said, day 1 is always a crapshoot, but these 2 things make lynching sinani very nervous endeavour for me and i'd rather stay on the safe side (nobody's voting minii anyway despite my arguments)
and ##vote:OriginalName since that's the only other feasible target tonight
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
June 06 2011 01:56 GMT
#238
On June 06 2011 10:51 Kavdragon wrote:
So I'll be honest here. I saw giant bandwagon on a player who had no one really defending them. That is a town tell for me. Don't get me wrong, I think that sinari looks scummy, but that big of a landslide of votes is not going to happen to a mafia player.

So I was going to press for Original Name, becaues he was lurking back and not posting much other than defence.

This claim (which sinani's been painfully obviously hinting at for the since he asked if a vet could be lynched) is changing things. If I were mafia, and I was about to be lynched, I would 100% claim vet. It's not confirmable unless you are shot, and obviously the mafia isn't going to shoot their own member. After they claim vet they have an excuse to be alive for the rest of the game "Because the mafia know that I am a vet".

In short, the vet claim makes me think more than anything that Sinani is scum. I think I think that the vet claim is a last ditch attempt to save their own, and by the looks of it it's going pretty well.

##Unvote
##Vote Sinani

I ask one last time to reconsider. If you were mafia and you were about to be lynched, you would claim vet. If you were vet and you were about to be lynched, you would claim vet. It's a non-valid argument.

If you still feel strongly that Sinani is the scummiest, then I can't stop you.
lalala
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 06 2011 01:56 GMT
#239
Kavdragon, he is scummy, but the bandwagon came too easily. I agree with everything you said, but I reached a different conclusion. I'd rather lynch OriginalName at this point, but I guess we'll see.
Computer says mafia
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
June 06 2011 01:58 GMT
#240
just to add

the thing I find striking about "vigi can hit me if he wants" is that normally, claimers would say "cop can check me if he wants". unless of course you happen to have a second life.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings147
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
OGKoka 270
ByuN 268
SHIN 73
MindelVK 18
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin938
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns31300
singsing2218
byalli628
Pyrionflax241
B2W.Neo117
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 112
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Jankos3595
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
OSC
11h 34m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.