• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8010 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 273 Next
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 21:32 GMT
#1101
On March 26 2011 06:31 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 06:23 annul wrote:
and bumatlarge: if you and the entire town wants me dead, give me one night to live. vote me out day 2 or something. there is something i need to do.


first you want to be voted out day 2 at the earliest and now your fate is sealed? the fuck?





i said to give me one night to live. if you want to vote me out day 2 then go for it. i am acting with the presumption that this is going to happen over any protest i have, so i need to play the game knowing this.
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 25 2011 21:38 GMT
#1102
....your defense is rather peculiar. If you're town, why would you not want to be dt'd? It'd save your ass for a while if you flip town, and electing the godfather into item-game seems foolish to me.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 21:40 GMT
#1103
one night, then all is revealed. <3.

im very close.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 21:43 GMT
#1104
actually, never mind. im retarded. the play wont work until day 3 anyway. oh well.

if you want to DT me, go ahead.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 21:44 GMT
#1105
I would like to also request DT checks me
We need confirmed town in item game
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 25 2011 21:48 GMT
#1106
On March 26 2011 06:38 Rean wrote:
....your defense is rather peculiar. If you're town, why would you not want to be dt'd? It'd save your ass for a while if you flip town, and electing the godfather into item-game seems foolish to me.


Actually we don't even know how the item game is won...can any of the IG people tell us? Is it last man standing? Or stealing all the items? what is it? If your item is stolen can you steal from others? What are the rules for the item game?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 21:48 GMT
#1107
last faction standing i think
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 25 2011 21:49 GMT
#1108
You know, we can dt check the item game players without waiting for night. There is a way... Dunno if I want to reveal it quite yet however. We'd have to wait for all the players to be online at the same time anyway.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 21:49 GMT
#1109
its last faction standing. LSB confirmed yesterday
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 21:50 GMT
#1110
how is there a waY?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 25 2011 21:53 GMT
#1111
On March 26 2011 06:49 tnkted wrote:
You know, we can dt check the item game players without waiting for night. There is a way... Dunno if I want to reveal it quite yet however. We'd have to wait for all the players to be online at the same time anyway.

What? Are you hinting at some kind of power or is it an actual plan? If its a plan I cant quite fathom what it is, if its a power consider the possible presence of godfathers, also if you are ousting the fact that you have some kind of mass dt power at this point in the game I will frown upon you.

Also so people dont forget Amber[Light] and kev have yet to post (and I *will* be making frequent reminders until such a time as they post)
Moderator
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 21:59 GMT
#1112
On March 26 2011 06:19 bumatlarge wrote:
The lynch candidates as of now:
annul
orgolove
lemonwalrus
iGrok
deconduo

I noticed this and that you provided some reasons for most of the other guys but no reasoning behind me being on the list. (Should I assume you are just using the reasons that tntked brought up?) As it is difficult for me to fight against invisible foes, could you please update with some of your reasoning behind your suspicions of me so that I can try to put your fears to rest?

I get that you said you were going to work so I don't expect you to respond quickly but I'm just making a bunch of posts right now and want to get this one out of the way.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 25 2011 22:00 GMT
#1113
I dont have any mass dt power or anything, its a plan.

I'm really hesitant to use it right now though, because its kind of a one-and-done sort of trap that relies on people be unaware of it before its sprung. Its been laid carefully however. I'm just not certain that day 1 is the time to use it. Lets give it some time, and if nobody can come up with a confirmed (or nearly unanimous confirm) i'll reveal it later.

'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 22:02 GMT
#1114
tnkted we really need to do that asap if your not making shit up
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 25 2011 22:04 GMT
#1115
Nah, theres no time limit on it, all the pieces have been laid already. I would advise item members to hold off on talking to each other for a few hours, though I doubt it will upset anything.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 25 2011 22:07 GMT
#1116
does anyone have thoughts on my first analysis in like 5 mafia games? :S
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 22:15 GMT
#1117
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 25 2011 23:32 tnkted wrote:

We could also put some pressure on lemonwalrus.

As a matter of fact, lets analyze lemonwalrus.


Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 18:48 Lemonwalrus wrote:
/in
if you are even still letting people in?

It is my first time, but I promise to read the rules thoroughly after class today and come prepared.


He's a noobie. A green noobie (such as myself) would be excited about the game, and would be posting a lot. A blue noobie would sit back and lurk. We know he isn't a blue noobie because there aren't any in the item game. Therefore...


Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:39 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:37 Jackal58 wrote:
It's all sitting there in black and white.


Actually it is black and baby-blue.

This is tl.


Well this was an astounding contribution. Actually, GM called him out on it:


Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:47 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:40 GMarshal wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:39 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:37 Jackal58 wrote:
It's all sitting there in black and white.


Actually it is black and baby-blue.

This is tl.

A wonderful contribution, so what do you think of the current candidates lemon? Are any of them worth voting for?

Well, I think that the 'vote or no vote for day 1 lynch' platform is a moot point.

Someone running with a day 1 vote could easily be mafia, since mafia would have a good shot at tipping the vote, especially now when there is no real suspicion on anyone. Then again they could easily be not mafia and just want to use the vote as a way to win the popular vote to make a vote for them seem like a vote for fairness.

Similarly, someone running no day 1 vote could easily be mafia since, obviously getting a free kill day 1 is good for mafia. But they could easily be not mafia and just trust their own mafia sniffing capabilities better than that of the town in the case of a vote.

So basically, as of right now, I have not seen any compelling reasons to vote for anyone, I'm gonna wait to see how the debates continue and vote for whoever I think has the strongest ideas for further down the road. Idk, this is my first game though, so maybe I'm thinking too hard about it.


Waffling. He doesn't have an opinion. To give him credit, this is early in the game, but still he hasn't contributed anything. If he was really a noobie townie he'd be falling over himself trying to contribute something. But he doesn't, and whats more, his reasons for not contributing are very telling: he claims hes a noobie!


Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 03:09 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Sorry about the one-liners from before...it is my first time, I didn't realize that was inappropriate. I promise to make all future posts of mine painfully and needlessly verbose.

As far as the bum/not bum vote, I think bum is the best bet for the town for reasons that have already been discussed at length. (the biggest one for me being that I think if he wasn't blue by now one of the real blues would have surely counter-claimed) (If you are a blue and therefore know that bum isn't, please, there is no reason for you not to counter claim) So unless someone gives one hell of a compelling reason for me not to I intend to vote bum.

As far as the irc channels goes, well, gather round fellas, because I may be new to mafia, but I am an old hand at irc. I think having an irc for this is a very bad idea. Basically, it is just a more fast paced version of the forum which, on the one hand i know we all think 'well that is good it gives the scum more of a chance to fuck up and reveal themselves when they are under the gun' but the thing is, everyone will fuck up sooner or later. I'm sure if we do an irc channel literally everyone that participates will, sooner or later, say something that convinces someone that they are scum. That is what happens when you are able to share information without thinking hard about it first. (for instance, look at my signature...do you think any of those guys (besides aesop) would have said those things if they had had time to re-read it before clicking a post button?)

Also, I see a major component of the irc channel debate will be 'x isn't active in irc, he must be scum' or 'x is too active in irc, he must be scum' basically wifom madness imo, since with imperfect data either choice will put suspicion on a player and, since town outnumbers scum, more suspicion floating around should benefit scum.

So I vote no on irc and yes on bum, and the above are my reasons.


Why is he using his noobiness to explain why he isn't contributing?! A true green noobie would be trying to contribute his ass off (like I am right now) instead of coming into the thread, posting unhelpful bullshit like this. Also notice how one small paragraph in that 'significant post' as chaoser calls it immediately below is actually related to the topic at hand (bum), and the rest of it is devoted to an entirely tangential vote on the IRC channel. I'd say, purely line for line, only a forth of this post is actually analysis, and its analysis that had been done by six other players by the time he posted it.

Then, when he gets called out for waffling, he posts this.

Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 03:17 Lemonwalrus wrote:
wtf the more i post the more i get crap for not posting, what do you guys want from me (((((


Also I hadn't even thought of the impersonating people on irc thing that GMarshal brought up in his post. That is yet another convolution that irc will bring to the process. (although if we caught someone impersonating it would make it pretty obvious they were scum...so a potential for reward if a scum were to be so bold as to impersonate someone)

I think the real problem with the irc is that there is such a thing as too much information when you are trying to make a decision. If we have pages and pages of posts and pages and pages of irc logs to go by, 2 sides could make bulletproof arguments for one person being scum/not scum, and it could be almost impossible to tell who was right with any sort of objectivity.

Also....picking through irc logs sounds really tedious. I know that has no importance in the function of the game, but I just feel it will be less fun with a mountain of irc logs...and I kinda want to have fun.


IRC IRC IRC. No discussion on bum, no discussion on kav. He has no thoughts other than IRC (which a noobie mafia would obviously not want) and a rehashing of a rehashing of bums position. And this is his last significant post in this topic! his final post says something like, "I decided not to post until roles were given out. The last ten pages in this topic could have been replaced with a kitten playing with yarn."

I wasn't convinced he was mafia before I started this post but I am now. BURN THE WALRUS


Ok, so I know some other people have addressed this and you pulled back a bit on the next page but I still want to address this myself since I'm getting a "FUCKING POST MORE GODDAMNIT" vibe from the thread, and I think I can help shed some light on this.

First of all, as someone (I think it was Jackal) said, just because I don't play like you play doesn't make me auto-scum. I'll admit that this was daunting at first, but I think I've officially gotten the hang of this game, and you should see my post count shoot up from here on out. (although I still will be afk for hours at a time because god damnit guys I'm a college student seriously I have other things I need to do sometimes holy fuck get off my back)

Yes, I talked about irc, and yes, scum would be against irc, but I think (for the reasons that I laid out in my post) that it was also bad for town. Don't ignore the things that I said and then say "He only talked about x" as if that is a reason for me to be scum. But the irc thing is an entirely dead subject at this point so I don't want to harp on it as that will just derail.

As for the one liners, please, I beg you guys that are focused on those, go back and look at when I made them. You see all the super useful posts surrounding them? Oh wait you don't? Well that is because nothing of any importance was happening at the time i made them, just people making snap judgements on others as scum before there was anywhere near enough information to make those claims, some of my one liners were before the game even started.

Ok, so enough of me feeling like my back is against the wall, I've defended myself as much as I feel I need to until I know bum's reasons for putting me on his hitlist, now I think I'm gonna share some analysis of my own.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 25 2011 22:16 GMT
#1118
On March 26 2011 07:07 Kenpachi wrote:
does anyone have thoughts on my first analysis in like 5 mafia games? :S


It was pretty good, I found myself agreeing to a lot of the points.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 25 2011 22:19 GMT
#1119
Back~

Well the next few posts from iGrok are meh. not worth posting about really.

Also doing this helped me understand whats going on in the game a whole lot better.

##Vote Bum
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 25 2011 22:20 GMT
#1120
Bum needs to have a list prepared of the people he wants confirmed. Can you write one up bum? In order of most important to check to least important to check. you don't have to post it yet, i just want to know that you have it.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
The PondCast
20h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.