• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:44
CEST 16:44
KST 23:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7929 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 273 Next
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 25 2011 22:47 GMT
#1141
.. and i still retain my title of never being right
but im persistent. IM COMING FOR YOU GROKKEN
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 25 2011 22:50 GMT
#1142
On March 26 2011 07:44 Insanious wrote:
Um guys... the item game is NOT useful for anyone but town... If you read what LSB posted:

Q: Who gets the items?
A: SURVIVING ITEM GAME PLAYERS

So say black gets the items... well guess what, we can lynch that black player the next day, and they get 0 items, all gone.

Item game is ONLY useful for town, IF the town player then doesn't die right after winning...

So ya, item game is NOT useful for anyone but town, as if anyone but town wins, we just kill that player and all items are lost.


This might be incorrect,

And if you win the item game, all the items will be given to your faction and you guys can use one of them per day!


I thought they just go to the winning faction, not to the 1 player, but maybe I'm wrong.

If there is 1 winner of the item game, and he dies, do all the items get removed, or are the items already part of the "faction", and don't just belong to the one individual?
you gotta dance
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 22:50 GMT
#1143
On March 26 2011 07:44 Insanious wrote:
Um guys... the item game is NOT useful for anyone but town... If you read what LSB posted:

Q: Who gets the items?
A: SURVIVING ITEM GAME PLAYERS

So say black gets the items... well guess what, we can lynch that black player the next day, and they get 0 items, all gone.

Item game is ONLY useful for town, IF the town player then doesn't die right after winning...

So ya, item game is NOT useful for anyone but town, as if anyone but town wins, we just kill that player and all items are lost.


On March 13 2011 03:11 LSB wrote:

And if you win the item game, all the items will be given to your faction and you guys can use one of them per day!

Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 22:50 GMT
#1144
fuck you mr wiggles
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 22:52 GMT
#1145
MASTER WIGGLES IS CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR CORRECTOR.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 22:52 GMT
#1146
If someone dies in the item game before the game has been won, the items are given to the remaining item game players (I assume rng), if someone dies causing a win for a faction in the item game, that faction gets the items.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 25 2011 22:53 GMT
#1147
On March 26 2011 07:52 Coagulation wrote:
MASTER WIGGLES IS CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR CORRECTOR.


THE FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE
you gotta dance
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
March 25 2011 22:55 GMT
#1148
On March 26 2011 05:34 GMarshal wrote:
Anyway I'm not that worried about lemonwalrus right now. There are two players I want to call out

kevconsim why do you hide? You showed that you had enough balls to be an aggressive poster in XXXVII yet here you seem to lurk in the shadows, this ill becomes you. If you do not post more then the noose awaits you, and that would sadden me greatly. Post damnit, POST!



Like i have said before. I go to school so i can only post during certain periods. I was aggresive in 37 as i understood what you were talking about. I will reiterate that i have never played a mafia game with a mayor.

Therefore my input on this matter is mute. I certanly believe from what i have read that our best bet is bumatlarge and i will be electing him.

##Elect Bumatlarge
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 25 2011 22:55 GMT
#1149
On March 26 2011 07:46 Insanious wrote:
The other thing I want to say is... lynch BrownBear, he is mafia . I'm calling it now. Want to just get this here from posterity sake, then we can move on till I can "I told you so" the town.

Thy reasons dear venom, thy reasons!
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 25 2011 22:55 GMT
#1150
I'll be posting my analysis on Jackal in a little bit. MS is much easier to use to get an iso on someone.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 23:17 GMT
#1151
On March 26 2011 07:15 Lemonwalrus wrote:
just because I don't play like you play doesn't make me auto-scum.


oh my god, its like we are twin spirits
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 25 2011 23:21 GMT
#1152
btw, mods confirmed (somewhere) that the "winners" of item game will be RNGed remaining items once their side wins. so, the actual IG players get the items.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 25 2011 23:24 GMT
#1153
stop hating on LEMONwALRUS plz i already told you guys hes green.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 25 2011 23:25 GMT
#1154
I'm sorry that I'm going in a reverse chronological order but it's easier for me this way.

On March 26 2011 05:36 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 05:35 annul wrote:
you do realize town doesnt get to pick the lynch today right

Yep.

Originally a post I glazed over, I now understand why I glazed over it. It was one word.

On March 26 2011 05:32 Jackal58 wrote:

There are 6 of us in the item game. One of us is going to die today. So annul is definitely a target.
If town pushes a lynch for somebody not in the item game town is as insane as the name of the game.

Why is it insane for us not to? I'm just wondering your logic behind that, Jackal.
The posts immediately before that were really... not much of anything. A picture of a smurf doesn't really help anyone in the game mafia, nor does the question "So since he's not you he's scum?"
That question also confused me a fair amount.

However, here he gives a valid point here:

On March 25 2011 19:47 Jackal58 wrote:
Say this again bum.
I see players making the same mistake that was made in XXXV. Players assuming that there will be a vig or a medic or other typical blue roles.
We don't know that. We must play with the assumption there are none.


This leads me to believe he's more town than he is scum. The post before this one doesn't appear helpful (just talking about Eiii's campaign and saying he's half baked) and the post before that was just stating something super-obvious in response to me. At least, I think that's fairly standard knowledge:

On March 25 2011 11:44 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:39 Lanaia wrote:
On March 25 2011 11:38 OriginalName wrote:
On March 25 2011 11:37 chaoser wrote:
chaoser if you had a DT check who would you check right now?


Probably darmousseh or Lemonwalrus. Both in the item game, both kinda on the quiet side.


Darms TL banned for another 22 minutes.


I thought someone said he was unbanned. He was talking earlier.

He is. He's lurking. Anti town do that.


Lurking isn't always a scumtell though in forum mafia, is it?


On March 25 2011 11:27 Jackal58 wrote:
I am most likely going to vote for bum for mayor. If no cc's come out now then I'll have to assume he is blue. I hate assumptions. Particularly assumptions that my entire being is saying "no" to.
I'm going to go to bed shortly. I'll vote tomorrow.

I don't disagree with what he said there. Town should avoid assumptions as far as it makes sense. However that could be scum-motivated as well.

On March 25 2011 09:20 Jackal58 wrote:
Black 1st of course. Red the next day. The odds of that particular scenario occurring though is unlikely.


This does not strike me as something scum would say. I think it's safe to say that Jackal is town at this point.

Previous to these posts, I don't see anything that is able to be analyzed. It is either a single line post or a post that is irrelevant to our game. If I think of more, then I will acknowledge it at a later point in time. Last night I was thinking he was scum because of all his short little posts. Today, my view on that has changed.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 25 2011 23:27 GMT
#1155
lurking is generally accepted to be scummy in forum mafia, the more you post the more we can analyze
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 25 2011 23:28 GMT
#1156
On March 26 2011 08:21 annul wrote:
btw, mods confirmed (somewhere) that the "winners" of item game will be RNGed remaining items once their side wins. so, the actual IG players get the items.


Please link to that 'somewhere' as that is not my understanding of the situation.

From what I have read it seems that BEFORE VICTORY whenever a player dies in the item game their item is RNGed to remaining players. However, UPON VICTORY all remaining items will be given to the winning faction, not just the player that was in the item game, but their entire faction, and then that faction will be able to use one of the items every night from there on out.

Is the above analysis of the item game win conditions correct?
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 25 2011 23:28 GMT
#1157
On March 26 2011 07:55 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 07:46 Insanious wrote:
The other thing I want to say is... lynch BrownBear, he is mafia . I'm calling it now. Want to just get this here from posterity sake, then we can move on till I can "I told you so" the town.

Thy reasons dear venom, thy reasons!

He's very quiet, he normally isn't. Every game I've played with him, he hasn't player like this, and every game he has been town. Its the same as how I accused Brocket in XXXV. And then I did the same thing to DCLXVI in Pokemafia. Both times being right. Didn't play long enough in Death Factory to actually find any mafia... so then this is my 4th game total, and this is my prediction based on his past play, and how he is playing now.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 25 2011 23:34 GMT
#1158
On March 26 2011 07:46 Insanious wrote:
The other thing I want to say is... lynch BrownBear, he is mafia . I'm calling it now. Want to just get this here from posterity sake, then we can move on till I can "I told you so" the town.


I didn't realize he was fully in the game.

On another note, I'm off and when I come back I'll post my opinions on everyone this far.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 26 2011 00:10 GMT
#1159
Ok ok. I'll post some of the more thought out plans tomorrow if I have time, but out of what I seen so far:

1. Insanious: you'll need to give us more reasons. Mostly because of what happened in Death Factory. You were sure about kenpachi but he wasn't mafia, so you know, you may be wrong now as well. And even if you're not, you can't just say that, you need to convince town. If you ARE wrong they you might get yourself killed as well and lose two townies (assuming no red would stick their neck out to kill a random townie).

2. People asking for DTs: don't. You're giving mafia/blacks reasons to frame you (if they can), or take you out (if you get confirmed in the item game or something). It's stupid. Trust in DTs to find their own targets and bring them out in the manner they see fit.

3. I agree that unless something extraordinary happens, we should take out someone in the item game. Even with a 1:3 shot to hit a scum, it will only get better fast (assuming some of them die during the night as well). If they kill one, we will get a 1:2 shot during day 2.
Of course, it's not set in stone, stuff may be revealed, but as a guide line it's a good place to start.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 00:39 GMT
#1160
On March 26 2011 09:10 CubEdIn wrote:
1. Insanious: you'll need to give us more reasons. Mostly because of what happened in Death Factory. You were sure about kenpachi but he wasn't mafia, so you know, you may be wrong now as well. And even if you're not, you can't just say that, you need to convince town. If you ARE wrong they you might get yourself killed as well and lose two townies (assuming no red would stick their neck out to kill a random townie).

FAIL reasoning...

In death factory, I KNEW 1 in 4 of the players near me (darmousseh, OriginalName, kitaman27, or kenpachi) were maffia... 1 of them was 100% mafia.

darmousseh CONFIRMED that 3 of 4 of those were NOT mafia.

As such, kenpachi HAD to be mafia.

This was NOT a feeling, this was due to game mechanics. We would of killed the mafia 100% if ON wasn't the godfather and as such immune to DT checks.

This IS NOT the same thing.

There is a big difference then "one of these 4 people are mafia, and 3 of them are confirmed town"

and

"This player is playing drastically different then any other time he has played the game when he was town."
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM631
SteadfastSC308
TKL 235
Rex126
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 631
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 235
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5357
Dendi1150
420jenkins87
Counter-Strike
fl0m2935
Fnx 624
x6flipin114
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2185
hiko810
Liquid`RaSZi651
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes360
dupreeh286
ceh9252
DeMusliM212
Khaldor203
Livibee193
Pyrionflax176
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr92
QueenE71
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• Jankos1661
• TFBlade624
Other Games
• Shiphtur551
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 16m
The PondCast
19h 16m
INu's Battles
20h 16m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.