• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:45
CEST 16:45
KST 23:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7878 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 273 Next
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
March 26 2011 00:39 GMT
#1161
Wait then we would now who to lynch because the winner of the item game would be aligned with either scum town or 3rd Party and we can just lynch the winner of town doesn't get the items right?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 26 2011 00:41 GMT
#1162
WEll DF Mafia is a bad example Cube. Although i sorta hold a grudge on Insanious, i wont kill him over that one game. The reason why its a bad example though, is because he read is role wrong and was convinced i would flip red
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 26 2011 00:42 GMT
#1163
On March 26 2011 09:39 Beneather wrote:
Wait then we would now who to lynch because the winner of the item game would be aligned with either scum town or 3rd Party and we can just lynch the winner of town doesn't get the items right?


You need to start posting more. You only have 3 posts up until now.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 26 2011 00:43 GMT
#1164
Yes, once there is only one person left in the item game simple process of elimination will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what their alignment is, so they will be the next obvious lynch target (unless of course they are town), however their unknown cronies will have the items at that point, so for them it will probably be a good trade.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 00:45 GMT
#1165
On March 26 2011 09:41 Kenpachi wrote:
WEll DF Mafia is a bad example Cube. Although i sorta hold a grudge on Insanious, i wont kill him over that one game. The reason why its a bad example though, is because he read is role wrong and was convinced i would flip red

The reason I killed you, was because ON was godfather, so he didn't show up mafia when darmousseh checked him. I would NOT have killed you, if darmousseh did NOT clear ON.

Its a bad example, since 3 of 4 players were cleared... and you were left. But one of the cleared players was really mafia.

In this, no one is cleared since there is no role like darmousseh or my own from death factory (i assume)
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 00:48 GMT
#1166
Although, we need to get off that point... the point I was trying to make, that others pointed out... is that BrownBear is NORMALLY very active in a mafia game. He puts out oppinions, and tries to scum hunt. In THIS game, he is NOT talkative, and is NOT scum hunting.... he has what, 2 posts so far.

BrownBear is playing drastically different then a normal game, and as such I am calling SCUM. Since I have only played with him when he is town, and when I played with him he talked a lot.

In this game, he isn't talking, therefore not playing the same as town, therefore not town. He is black or red.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 26 2011 00:53 GMT
#1167
On March 26 2011 09:48 Insanious wrote:
Although, we need to get off that point... the point I was trying to make, that others pointed out... is that BrownBear is NORMALLY very active in a mafia game. He puts out oppinions, and tries to scum hunt. In THIS game, he is NOT talkative, and is NOT scum hunting.... he has what, 2 posts so far.

BrownBear is playing drastically different then a normal game, and as such I am calling SCUM. Since I have only played with him when he is town, and when I played with him he talked a lot.

In this game, he isn't talking, therefore not playing the same as town, therefore not town. He is black or red.


or blue? Perhaps?


And again, I'm just waiting for bum to say that he has a list of who he'd like confirmed handy (don't post it yet bum!) before I reveal what my plan is.

'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
March 26 2011 00:59 GMT
#1168
I agree with Insanious, I know many of the inactive players right now are used to posting more as a townie. Maybe due to their roles be it scum/trying to hide their powers that they are lurking. They still need to post more though.

I don't know where bum is, he said he was busy or something, but I believe that most people agree that our Day 1 lynch targets will be from the Item game player list. The question remains though, which player are we going to lynch (or which will the mayor decide to lynch)? They have all seemed very scummy and suspicious to me. The person I feel less likely hiding something is Tackster from the posts he argued annul with, other than that most of his posts were mainly trying to convince annul and some spam. The others I have no clue are all good lynch targets, darm and annul particularly.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 00:59 GMT
#1169
On March 26 2011 09:53 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 09:48 Insanious wrote:
Although, we need to get off that point... the point I was trying to make, that others pointed out... is that BrownBear is NORMALLY very active in a mafia game. He puts out oppinions, and tries to scum hunt. In THIS game, he is NOT talkative, and is NOT scum hunting.... he has what, 2 posts so far.

BrownBear is playing drastically different then a normal game, and as such I am calling SCUM. Since I have only played with him when he is town, and when I played with him he talked a lot.

In this game, he isn't talking, therefore not playing the same as town, therefore not town. He is black or red.


or blue? Perhaps?


And again, I'm just waiting for bum to say that he has a list of who he'd like confirmed handy (don't post it yet bum!) before I reveal what my plan is.


I've played with BrownBear when he was a blue... as blue is town... and he is much more talkative. I am saying he is not playing how he usually does when he is pro-town.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
March 26 2011 01:03 GMT
#1170
On March 26 2011 09:53 LSB Banking wrote:
Annul
Annul

Kavdragon
orgolove

LemonWalrus
Coagulation

~25 Hours left to vote


Did I miss something? When and why did Coag vote Lemon?
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 26 2011 01:08 GMT
#1171
On March 26 2011 04:13 Coagulation wrote:
##Vote: LemonWalrus



Then, I guess.

I think I'm planning on voting Bum at this point, unless a (seemingly unlikely) counterclaim comes up, and in that circumstance, I'll be voting for Kav. Unless he's the counterclaim... Then I don't know who I'm voting for. :p
you gotta dance
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 26 2011 01:09 GMT
#1172
Inasnious I don't think activity is something we should use to make our decision. It can be a factor but everyone has different scheduals at different times. I for one have been a lot less active then I would have liked because I had a birthday party to go to night zero and then two papers to write yesterday. BB could simply be in the middle of stuff right now... This reasoning is pretty speculative I guess but so is your reason for wanting him dead. I'm all for pressuring lurkers but saying someone is scum based solely on activity is lacking evidence methinks.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 26 2011 01:09 GMT
#1173
@Ins: I'm not saying that DF is a determinant factor here, I was just using an example that even sound reasoning can be wrong.

In this case, it's not really sound reasoning, he MAY be posting differently due to various factors. One should not take the place of an item game kill unless he screws up drastically. He can be one of the later kills, or a vigi kill, or a DT target, plenty of choices.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 26 2011 01:12 GMT
#1174
@Meapak: If there's one counter claim a few hours before day's ending we should ignore it, since mafia could try to cause some chaos in order for town not to have a proven blue mayor, at the expense of a player.
I may be going out on a limb here, but if there are "real" blues out there, they had plenty of time to check their roles and decide to CC. If they haven't so far then they're either keeping it quiet or they simply are on bum's team.

Just my 2cents. If someone decides to counter-claim they should do it fast, so that town has enough time to reason their decision and votes.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 01:17 GMT
#1175
Metagaming is very important in a mafia game... people will play very similarly game to game depending on their roles. The ones that always play the same, are scary simply because you cannot determine if they are green, blue, or red.

We are currently 48 hours into the game, and BrownBear, usually a vocal member of the town, has posted only a handful of times... this is very strange to me.

Really, in mafia games you only have a few ways to find scum:

1) A scum slip. Actual slip, where someone says something that directly proves they are scum. ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS. Scum are VERY careful when posting, so 99/100 you will NOT find a scum who straight up accidentally says they are scum.

2) Scummy trends. A player who constantly posts in a way that directs the town's attention somewhere else. Where they mislead the town, and get greens killed.

3) Metagame. A player plays in one way, and in this game plays differently. What changed? Their role.

- - - - -

It is BAD scum hunting to ignore how a player usually plays. Yes, extraneous circumstances do happen... but you also have to look at what else might be happening.

Personally, I think he is lurking, he is scum... and people defending him now, are simply allowing him to lurk without speaking up.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 26 2011 01:20 GMT
#1176
I agree, but you're judging all of this when less than 1 game day went by. You really can't point out someone for inactivity when it's been so little.

I agree that lurkers should be outed, and I agree that he should speak. I don't agree that he should be day 1 lynch though. I once almost got mod-killed for not posting during the entire of day 1, and I was town, so I know it can happen.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 01:28 GMT
#1177
On March 26 2011 10:20 CubEdIn wrote:
I agree, but you're judging all of this when less than 1 game day went by. You really can't point out someone for inactivity when it's been so little.

I agree that lurkers should be outed, and I agree that he should speak. I don't agree that he should be day 1 lynch though. I once almost got mod-killed for not posting during the entire of day 1, and I was town, so I know it can happen.

I've done it in almost every game i've played in, and have been right every time...
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 26 2011 01:28 GMT
#1178
On March 26 2011 10:12 CubEdIn wrote:
@Meapak: If there's one counter claim a few hours before day's ending we should ignore it, since mafia could try to cause some chaos in order for town not to have a proven blue mayor, at the expense of a player.
I may be going out on a limb here, but if there are "real" blues out there, they had plenty of time to check their roles and decide to CC. If they haven't so far then they're either keeping it quiet or they simply are on bum's team.

Just my 2cents. If someone decides to counter-claim they should do it fast, so that town has enough time to reason their decision and votes.

Not sure why you addressed this at me but I agree. I've cast my vote for Bum and I'm gonna keep it there regardless of a CC for precisely the reason you pointed out. In fact everyone should take a moment and consider this, Cube's post bears repeating, if there is a CC at the 11th hour it is most likely mafia trying to screw us over.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 26 2011 01:37 GMT
#1179
##Vote: Bumatlarge

Forgot we were supposed to post in both threads, I made my actual vote in the voting thread hours ago.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 26 2011 01:41 GMT
#1180
oh ya, going to do this again... but ya... ##vote bumatlarge
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM631
SteadfastSC308
TKL 235
Rex126
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 631
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 235
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5357
Dendi1150
420jenkins87
Counter-Strike
fl0m2935
Fnx 624
x6flipin114
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2185
hiko810
Liquid`RaSZi651
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes360
dupreeh286
ceh9252
DeMusliM212
Khaldor203
Livibee193
Pyrionflax176
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr92
QueenE71
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• Jankos1661
• TFBlade624
Other Games
• Shiphtur551
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 16m
The PondCast
19h 16m
INu's Battles
20h 16m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.