• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7674 users

TL Mafia XXXVI - Page 78

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 120 Next
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 18:06 GMT
#1541
On February 02 2011 02:59 Beneather wrote:
I think it'd be smarter to get the population for Blues since we know the number of Mafia so we just minus the #of mafia to the # of players and we'll get the population of the SK. Either was is good just a thing that I wanted to pointed out..

I have been inactive because of exams.. I will be more active now.


Bad logic, Mate. There are four allignments that can be checked: Red, Blue, Green, and Black.

We know the total, and we know the # of red. If we check the # of Blues, that leaves us with one equation,(Total = Red + Blue + Green + Black) and two unknowns. (Black, and Green) Unsolvable.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 18:10 GMT
#1542
On February 01 2011 23:16 Eti307 wrote:
I'm sorry I don't have the time to keep up actively with this thread.
...
If you can replace me go ahead.. if not I'll still read the thread and vote


Nothing personal, but I strongly support this notion. Come back later when you have time. M

Mods, do you have anyone willing to replace?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 18:27 GMT
#1543
In regards to GMarshal being Mafia\SK:

No. There's behavioral analysis behind it, not even clue analysis. It's all speculation based off the "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." It's a pointless discussion that's not going to go anywhere without behavioral analysis to support it, and right now, that analysis doesn't support it.

In regards to Beneather being Mafia:

Yes. It's likely that he is mafia. Yes, I regret my hasty choice, picking him as BG sucks. Remember, I screwed my self over by not realizing that the BG choices had to be submitted BEFORE I was mayor.
No. We shouldn't lynch him yet. Lynching BG's this early is a bad idea, and I'm not saying that because I'm the mayor.

Talking about these two will only waste time for now. Let them keep posting, and let's move our attention elsewhere for now. For at least tonight, I think we should pressure Zerroth, Papapanda, and Divinek. While I think that the posting demographic isn't super likely to have mafia in it, it's going to be the hardest demographic to analyze. If anyone else has targets to put out there, please, do so.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 01 2011 18:49 GMT
#1544
On February 02 2011 03:10 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 23:16 Eti307 wrote:
I'm sorry I don't have the time to keep up actively with this thread.
...
If you can replace me go ahead.. if not I'll still read the thread and vote


Nothing personal, but I strongly support this notion. Come back later when you have time. M

Mods, do you have anyone willing to replace?

Nope, we are searching though.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 01 2011 18:53 GMT
#1545
On February 02 2011 03:27 Kavdragon wrote:
In regards to GMarshal being Mafia\SK:

No. There's behavioral analysis behind it, not even clue analysis. It's all speculation based off the "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." It's a pointless discussion that's not going to go anywhere without behavioral analysis to support it, and right now, that analysis doesn't support it.

In regards to Beneather being Mafia:

Yes. It's likely that he is mafia. Yes, I regret my hasty choice, picking him as BG sucks. Remember, I screwed my self over by not realizing that the BG choices had to be submitted BEFORE I was mayor.
No. We shouldn't lynch him yet. Lynching BG's this early is a bad idea, and I'm not saying that because I'm the mayor.

Talking about these two will only waste time for now. Let them keep posting, and let's move our attention elsewhere for now. For at least tonight, I think we should pressure Zerroth, Papapanda, and Divinek. While I think that the posting demographic isn't super likely to have mafia in it, it's going to be the hardest demographic to analyze. If anyone else has targets to put out there, please, do so.


I'd suggest doing so after daybreak, don't give mafia reasons to kill you if you come up with a strong analysis on one of them. Or SK for that matter.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 01 2011 19:01 GMT
#1546
In regard of the Beneather/Bodyguard case:
-Yes, he is scummy like hell, but how sure are we that he is scum. For now, we'll keep him as bodyguard.

-Census is important. Yes, we aren't 100% sure that Kav is town. But he is very likely to be town or he is telling the truth about the census (imagine a dt counter claim that a mafia was killed but Kav still say mafia number remains the same).

-GMarshall is telling the truth about being targeted by a kill. Very stupid for SK to target him since town is getting owned and SK can't win against mafia after town crumbles. Mafia is the likely attacker and that means mafia is going for the census.

-Until GMarshall is killed, our census is in good shape.

-After GMarshall is killed, Kav is very likely to be wide open since Beneather is likely to be scum. The thing is once mafia killed Kav, we will know that Beneather is mafia or SK (not likely, SK wants to stay alive and not volunteer as bodyguard to be exposed). So we don't need to risk a lynch on Beneather.

-If mafia don't care about census, we can let Beneather live for now.
-If mafia wants to kill the census, then they will have to kill Beneather themselves (slight possibility that he is town) or confirm Beneather is mafia by just killing Kav.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#1547
Right, enough about the BG's. I think that we should give our blues some direction. This idea is coming from BC's thread on town play.

Blues, feel free to take or leave our advice. The discussion is as much for you Blues as it is for Vanilla townies. If people are going to suggest things, be specific. Call people out by name, don't generalize. It's really easy for scum to hid in the crowd of people saying "we should dt check inactives". It's much harder for them to post specific requests for DT/Medic/Vig hits, and when they do, it gives us WAY more information about mafia than general "good" advice.

I'll start:

DT's:

Beneather's alignment will be shown by who dies first, me or him. Do not waste time on him.
Papapanda comes off as very scummy to me, but this could simply be because he's new. I'd highly recommend him for a DT check. (Constantly apologizing for himself, very tentative about his ideas/opinions. Very typical of newer scum players.)

Medics:

Mafia made a play for GMarshal after I called for Medics to protect LunarDestiny. You caught this before, so keep up the work with the wifom. LunarDestiny is still a good heal target. GMarshal is also a good target, in case the mafia make a play for eliminating the census again.

Vig:

My request for a hit on Zerroth still stands. If a DT hit D3, thank you, sorry that he turned out town. Regardless of whether a DT hit him or not, the inactives felt pressure and posted more. I see no reason to stop the pressure.

Vet's:

Speak up, be active. You have the privilege of being able to speak out without worrying for your life. This will allow other blues to come out a contribute as the mafia will be avoiding Vets, and at the very least sets up some good wifom shields.


I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 20:02 GMT
#1548
On February 02 2011 04:43 Kavdragon wrote:
Right, enough about the BG's. I think that we should give our blues some direction. This idea is coming from BC's thread on town play.

Blues, feel free to take or leave our advice. The discussion is as much for you Blues as it is for Vanilla townies. If people are going to suggest things, be specific. Call people out by name, don't generalize. It's really easy for scum to hid in the crowd of people saying "we should dt check inactives". It's much harder for them to post specific requests for DT/Medic/Vig hits, and when they do, it gives us WAY more information about mafia than general "good" advice.

I'll start:

DT's:

Beneather's alignment will be shown by who dies first, me or him. Do not waste time on him.
Papapanda comes off as very scummy to me, but this could simply be because he's new. I'd highly recommend him for a DT check. (Constantly apologizing for himself, very tentative about his ideas/opinions. Very typical of newer scum players.)

Medics:

Mafia made a play for GMarshal after I called for Medics to protect LunarDestiny. You caught this before, so keep up the work with the wifom. LunarDestiny is still a good heal target. GMarshal is also a good target, in case the mafia make a play for eliminating the census again.

Vig:

My request for a hit on Zerroth still stands. If a DT hit D3, thank you, sorry that he turned out town. Regardless of whether a DT hit him or not, the inactives felt pressure and posted more. I see no reason to stop the pressure.

Vet's:

Speak up, be active. You have the privilege of being able to speak out without worrying for your life. This will allow other blues to come out a contribute as the mafia will be avoiding Vets, and at the very least sets up some good wifom shields.



I wouldn't be surprised at all if they stack their hit on me tonight. Wouldn't bother me much either.

I honestly believe Nemesis was SK. Night kill totals will determine that however.
If we have any Detectives (I'm assuming we don't. It's safer) but if we do I would urge you to check on BrownBear and Impervious.
Life can only kill you once.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 01 2011 20:05 GMT
#1549
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 02 2011 04:43 Kavdragon wrote:
Right, enough about the BG's. I think that we should give our blues some direction. This idea is coming from BC's thread on town play.

Blues, feel free to take or leave our advice. The discussion is as much for you Blues as it is for Vanilla townies. If people are going to suggest things, be specific. Call people out by name, don't generalize. It's really easy for scum to hid in the crowd of people saying "we should dt check inactives". It's much harder for them to post specific requests for DT/Medic/Vig hits, and when they do, it gives us WAY more information about mafia than general "good" advice.

I'll start:

DT's:

Beneather's alignment will be shown by who dies first, me or him. Do not waste time on him.
Papapanda comes off as very scummy to me, but this could simply be because he's new. I'd highly recommend him for a DT check. (Constantly apologizing for himself, very tentative about his ideas/opinions. Very typical of newer scum players.)

Medics:

Mafia made a play for GMarshal after I called for Medics to protect LunarDestiny. You caught this before, so keep up the work with the wifom. LunarDestiny is still a good heal target. GMarshal is also a good target, in case the mafia make a play for eliminating the census again.

Vig:

My request for a hit on Zerroth still stands. If a DT hit D3, thank you, sorry that he turned out town. Regardless of whether a DT hit him or not, the inactives felt pressure and posted more. I see no reason to stop the pressure.

Vet's:

Speak up, be active. You have the privilege of being able to speak out without worrying for your life. This will allow other blues to come out a contribute as the mafia will be avoiding Vets, and at the very least sets up some good wifom shields.


Don't forget mason as well. He should be blue hunting. DT will probably need to claim and give some results tomorrow. BGs are always good, and try your best to predict a hit (someone who becomes very vocal at a certain point, someone who catches your eye). Unless a vig feels very vulnerable, I think he should save hits from people like zerroth or D3 and wait for a situation where we KNOW someone is red. But of course, pop it if you are in danger. If jackal is a vet I am worried for what the rest of our vets are like.

I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...

When you judge someone, spread it into three parts, and keep them separate. Behavior comes first, then the information available and then clues. Don't disregard them, you just need to develop an eye for them, which I obviously haven't yet -_-
If there is no information available about that person, then you can extend the analysis into 2/3 of your opinion.

That sheep pic is cruel, but helpful, as it is likely that nemesis is town and not SK. Bum is 0 for 2!
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#1550
Lol, your death would be an EPIC mafia fail.

Firstly, you are a vig. Mafia avoid them like the plague. (You still absorb the hits.)
Secondly, you were almost lynched. What happened to the last guy that was almost lynched? He got lynched the next day. People are suspicious of you, regardless of how good/bad the logic is.

Why would the mafia kill you? I mean, Mafia, please, by all means stack your hits on him, I think that would be fantastic. The less deaths the better.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 20:12 GMT
#1551
Err. ^^ directed to Jackal58's post.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 01 2011 20:17 GMT
#1552
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...


Is this directed at me, someone in particular, or the whole town? I didn't mention Jackal in my earlier post, did you mean Papapanda?

I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 20:21 GMT
#1553
On February 02 2011 05:10 Kavdragon wrote:
Lol, your death would be an EPIC mafia fail.

Firstly, you are a vig. Mafia avoid them like the plague. (You still absorb the hits.)
Secondly, you were almost lynched. What happened to the last guy that was almost lynched? He got lynched the next day. People are suspicious of you, regardless of how good/bad the logic is.

Why would the mafia kill you? I mean, Mafia, please, by all means stack your hits on him, I think that would be fantastic. The less deaths the better.

I'm not a vig. I'm a vet. And yes the less deaths the better.
Life can only kill you once.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 01 2011 20:26 GMT
#1554
On January 30 2011 11:24 Coagulation wrote:
the only clue i could find
Show nested quote +
He looked up and saw a masked man with a blood-spattered black apron tied around his waist. The man masterfully handled his instruments, hands moving at a blur, flashes of steel rising and falling, leaving perfectly sized morsels behind. He lifted a finger to his mouth and sucked.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=Jackal58

Steeler picture in profile

On January 30 2011 12:06 Coagulation wrote:
Steel

On January 30 2011 14:01 Coagulation wrote:
A vote for jackal is a Vote for TOWN!

On January 30 2011 13:09 Coagulation wrote:
blocked you say?
Kinda like they do in football?
STEELers


Can we ban Coag from clue analysis? We posts all this then right before the lynch he tells everyone whos voting for jackal that they are mafia. This is a good vig hit, because lynchng him would lead to mindless conversations and hard to interpret WIFOM about coag's play.

Looking back, zerroth pointed at the clues on beneather first, so if both he and beneather are red, he has to be bussing. Or he is town. I'd like for you to look again at who you are suggesting to get vig hit, kav. Or at least explain it to we lesser mortals.

Im going to look into siniquity, as I have my suspicions, but as for now, please do not make a repeat of yesterday's lynch. Looking at everyone's posts, it's just awful for town to either let mafia create a scenario like that where people start posting clues and let arguements build up over small suggestions. What's worse, is that situation was likely to have been town induced. Do not make yourself a coag.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 01 2011 20:30 GMT
#1555
On February 02 2011 05:17 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...


Is this directed at me, someone in particular, or the whole town? I didn't mention Jackal in my earlier post, did you mean Papapanda?


Well, you can probably explain it the best. I mean Beneather and Jackal. I see little difference in their posting, and beneather is valuable by his existence and jackal has already made an excuse of why he is still here and will be here, or proved that he is not doing his job. Maybe you've already closely reviewed them both, or you are going on what everyone has said.

Why Beneather over Jackal? I know you mentioned that it was unnerving that no one defended jackal, but I doubt that is the only reason.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 20:39 GMT
#1556
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 02 2011 04:43 Kavdragon wrote:
Right, enough about the BG's. I think that we should give our blues some direction. This idea is coming from BC's thread on town play.

Blues, feel free to take or leave our advice. The discussion is as much for you Blues as it is for Vanilla townies. If people are going to suggest things, be specific. Call people out by name, don't generalize. It's really easy for scum to hid in the crowd of people saying "we should dt check inactives". It's much harder for them to post specific requests for DT/Medic/Vig hits, and when they do, it gives us WAY more information about mafia than general "good" advice.

I'll start:

DT's:

Beneather's alignment will be shown by who dies first, me or him. Do not waste time on him.
Papapanda comes off as very scummy to me, but this could simply be because he's new. I'd highly recommend him for a DT check. (Constantly apologizing for himself, very tentative about his ideas/opinions. Very typical of newer scum players.)

Medics:

Mafia made a play for GMarshal after I called for Medics to protect LunarDestiny. You caught this before, so keep up the work with the wifom. LunarDestiny is still a good heal target. GMarshal is also a good target, in case the mafia make a play for eliminating the census again.

Vig:

My request for a hit on Zerroth still stands. If a DT hit D3, thank you, sorry that he turned out town. Regardless of whether a DT hit him or not, the inactives felt pressure and posted more. I see no reason to stop the pressure.

Vet's:

Speak up, be active. You have the privilege of being able to speak out without worrying for your life. This will allow other blues to come out a contribute as the mafia will be avoiding Vets, and at the very least sets up some good wifom shields.


Don't forget mason as well. He should be blue hunting. DT will probably need to claim and give some results tomorrow. BGs are always good, and try your best to predict a hit (someone who becomes very vocal at a certain point, someone who catches your eye). Unless a vig feels very vulnerable, I think he should save hits from people like zerroth or D3 and wait for a situation where we KNOW someone is red. But of course, pop it if you are in danger. If jackal is a vet I am worried for what the rest of our vets are like.

I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...

When you judge someone, spread it into three parts, and keep them separate. Behavior comes first, then the information available and then clues. Don't disregard them, you just need to develop an eye for them, which I obviously haven't yet -_-
If there is no information available about that person, then you can extend the analysis into 2/3 of your opinion.

That sheep pic is cruel, but helpful, as it is likely that nemesis is town and not SK. Bum is 0 for 2!

I'll accept full responsibility for poor veteran play on my part. Yes I'm new. Yes this is the first time I've had a role other than vanilla townie. Do I see where I've made errors? Yes. Will it improve my play in future games? Of course. Can I change anything I've done up to this point? No.

And I have yet to have anybody tell me how a veteran should play. Nor have I seen anything special in the other games I've been in to identify a player as vet. They've all been lynched in the games I've been in.
None claimed flat out to be a vet prior to being lynched. Although I do believe either RoL or LSB claimed to be blue without being specific. And without any result. They were still lynched. Town went on to lose.
So I claim what I am. I have no prior precedent to look at except lynched Vets. That doesn't help town. So I claim what I am. I don't know if my claim prevented my lynch. But I'm still an extra townie with an extra night life.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 20:42 GMT
#1557
On February 02 2011 05:30 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 05:17 Kavdragon wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...


Is this directed at me, someone in particular, or the whole town? I didn't mention Jackal in my earlier post, did you mean Papapanda?


Well, you can probably explain it the best. I mean Beneather and Jackal. I see little difference in their posting, and beneather is valuable by his existence and jackal has already made an excuse of why he is still here and will be here, or proved that he is not doing his job. Maybe you've already closely reviewed them both, or you are going on what everyone has said.

Why Beneather over Jackal? I know you mentioned that it was unnerving that no one defended jackal, but I doubt that is the only reason.

What exactly is my "job"
People keep telling me what a horrid job I'm doing without saying how it should be played.
Life can only kill you once.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
February 01 2011 20:45 GMT
#1558
On February 02 2011 05:42 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 05:30 bumatlarge wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:17 Kavdragon wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...


Is this directed at me, someone in particular, or the whole town? I didn't mention Jackal in my earlier post, did you mean Papapanda?


Well, you can probably explain it the best. I mean Beneather and Jackal. I see little difference in their posting, and beneather is valuable by his existence and jackal has already made an excuse of why he is still here and will be here, or proved that he is not doing his job. Maybe you've already closely reviewed them both, or you are going on what everyone has said.

Why Beneather over Jackal? I know you mentioned that it was unnerving that no one defended jackal, but I doubt that is the only reason.

What exactly is my "job"
People keep telling me what a horrid job I'm doing without saying how it should be played.


To get hit/killed. To be a good target for mafia. To not almost get lynched.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 21:01 GMT
#1559
On February 02 2011 05:45 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 05:42 Jackal58 wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:30 bumatlarge wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:17 Kavdragon wrote:
On February 02 2011 05:05 bumatlarge wrote:
I also need this Beneather/jackal situation explained. I've gone through their posts, and feel little difference in the motives of both. Further, Ben is a BG and Jackal has claimed vet, while I find it remarkably convenient for him to have, especially when he hasn't acted like a vet this whole game. If you are going to slide jackal the inexperienced card, I don't see why ben doesn't. And we aren't going to be looking at clues so hard after the nemesis thing? Hm...


Is this directed at me, someone in particular, or the whole town? I didn't mention Jackal in my earlier post, did you mean Papapanda?


Well, you can probably explain it the best. I mean Beneather and Jackal. I see little difference in their posting, and beneather is valuable by his existence and jackal has already made an excuse of why he is still here and will be here, or proved that he is not doing his job. Maybe you've already closely reviewed them both, or you are going on what everyone has said.

Why Beneather over Jackal? I know you mentioned that it was unnerving that no one defended jackal, but I doubt that is the only reason.

What exactly is my "job"
People keep telling me what a horrid job I'm doing without saying how it should be played.


To get hit/killed. To be a good target for mafia. To not almost get lynched.

Well I'm one step ahead of some others I've played with.
Life can only kill you once.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 01 2011 21:04 GMT
#1560
On February 02 2011 05:26 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 11:24 Coagulation wrote:
the only clue i could find
He looked up and saw a masked man with a blood-spattered black apron tied around his waist. The man masterfully handled his instruments, hands moving at a blur, flashes of steel rising and falling, leaving perfectly sized morsels behind. He lifted a finger to his mouth and sucked.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=Jackal58

Steeler picture in profile

Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 12:06 Coagulation wrote:
Steel

Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 14:01 Coagulation wrote:
A vote for jackal is a Vote for TOWN!

Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 13:09 Coagulation wrote:
blocked you say?
Kinda like they do in football?
STEELers


Can we ban Coag from clue analysis? We posts all this then right before the lynch he tells everyone whos voting for jackal that they are mafia. This is a good vig hit, because lynchng him would lead to mindless conversations and hard to interpret WIFOM about coag's play.

Looking back, zerroth pointed at the clues on beneather first, so if both he and beneather are red, he has to be bussing. Or he is town. I'd like for you to look again at who you are suggesting to get vig hit, kav. Or at least explain it to we lesser mortals.

Im going to look into siniquity, as I have my suspicions, but as for now, please do not make a repeat of yesterday's lynch. Looking at everyone's posts, it's just awful for town to either let mafia create a scenario like that where people start posting clues and let arguements build up over small suggestions. What's worse, is that situation was likely to have been town induced. Do not make yourself a coag.

NopE
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 213
TKL 146
Railgan 79
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
Sea.KH 56
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4573
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
Beastyqt550
olofmeister543
Mlord454
Khaldor445
KnowMe317
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude67
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV266
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3407
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 37m
OSC
7h 37m
Replay Cast
7h 37m
OSC
20h 37m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.