• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7653 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 142 Next
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
October 14 2010 18:51 GMT
#1621
Well that was a fail of a post with all the BBCode messed up so I'll try and repost it again
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
October 14 2010 19:10 GMT
#1622
On October 15 2010 00:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Since I'm not much of a clue analyzer an don't think they can be very reliable due to clues oftentimes being accidental or even a red herring, I'm going to focus on behavior analysis. CubEdIn is up first. I took a gist from his posts because a lot of them are in the same spirit.
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 03:37 CubEdIn wrote:
^ Interesting points off NB.

I also noticed that jodogohoo changed votes constantly, was wondering why that is, I didn't really think about the fact that it's ok to go with the flow if you know who NOT to vote for, but if that's the case, it means that everyone he voted for are not from his 'family' (assuming he's either M or V), which brings us back to square one, sort-of.
It could also mean that, if all NB saying proves to be true, if Veldril and Masq are in the same team, then jodogohoo is on the other (example: if vel and masq are mafia, jodogohoo is vamp).

Basically, as time progresses, I think I'll change my vote not to who I think is more likely to be Mafia or Vampire, but to whom seems to "drag us down" the most. Someone who constantly changes his mind with every few posts may not be so helpful later on.

...I'm still not changing my vote though, not yet.

Seems to be agreeing with NB. If he's red, he's likely to be mafia rather than vampire. Calls out jodogohoo for consistently changing his opinion and calls this negatory to the town, which is true. Confusion is always bad. I'm not too sure about the whole voting for who's dragging us down the most instead of Mafia or Vampire though.


I am highly suspicious of you after this post. You seem to be nitpicking at Cube's post, but leaving out post which contradicts what you are trying to convey to everyone.

He seems to have left out this post purposely.
On October 13 2010 07:08 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 07:02 NB wrote:
On October 13 2010 06:53 CubEdIn wrote: Ok, one final post to strengthen my position, since we're rapidly approaching end of day one and it seems that it's either Masq or Veldril: 1. Don't you find it weird that people who have been quiet, yet voted, are stacking up on Veldril? 2. If you're sure about Veldril, then keep your vote, but please think about what I said for 5 minutes. What happens if the kill (be it Vel or Masq) is NOT Mafia or Vampire. What would that tell us about the other? Obviously, if we kill either, and they ARE in fact M/V, then the other will die as well. Easy PZ. But think of the alternatives, what if they're not? If we kill Veldril, and he's not M/V, then we know NOTHING about masq (because of lack of posts). If we kill Masq, we still have Veldril's behaviour to judge him on.
Have you thought that if we lynching Veld today and he turns out to be a green, Masq has more chance to be a M/V? Even though he does not post much, the possibility that Masq is framing Veld is not 0. It happens at the moment when he agree with Veld's protection post.... What does this means? this means that if 1 of them die by lynching, there is a pretty high chance the other will die by KP of M/V no matter what is the result of lynching. And if he(the one who is not being lynched on day1) survived through night1... The only conclusion i could give you is that our ghost is protecting a red... Those above are my "prediction"... Dont listen to it if you think i have gone crazy with my HW T_T
Yes, I thought about that, but it's a bit of a long shot. I don't think you'll convince many people to vote for Masq on day 2 if Veldril is green. Especially if he's Count/GF and he fakes his role for detective, he might live for the rest of the game. Instead, given Veldril's posts, he would still be suspected even if Masq turns out to be green. More so than vice-versa. My 2 cents.



+ Show Spoiler +


Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 11:27 CubEdIn wrote:
On October 12 2010 11:15 aztrorisk wrote:
Can you idiots stop trying to make a town circle? There's 61 people. It's the first day. There's 22 non-townies.

Stop confusing yourselves and focus on the only matter at hand: Veldril or Masq.


Ok, I will not say anything else if NOBODY and that means NOBODY replies to this remark. My final remark about the jack-o-latern in an attempt to not let my upcoming death go to waste.

The ghost whoever you are. You have a decision that could greatly disadvantage or help the town. If you make the wrong decision, I assure you that you will regret it, dearly. I want you to make your decision to save me base on these to factors:

1. does the mafia think that your going to save me that they are willing to send a brute?
2. does the mafia think that your not coming that they will send a mere killer.

please consider these two factors and hopefully, based on the tone of everyone, you'll be able to find the right answer.



I'm not replying to your remark, but to you in general.

I don't understand why you would go and do this, unless you're Frankie and want the Vamps to waste brute, OR unless you're a mafia/vamp who is planning to rid the town of their ghost by sacrificing themselves.

Either of these scenarios is more plausible than you being the JoL and deciding to stand up and screw yourself for no apparent good reason.

If you are, indeed, the JoL, I believe it was a poor decision, and the town probably won't suffer much of a loss by not having you around.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, I'm quite seriously considering lynching you.

Calls out aztro for being detrimental to town by him asking for protection despite not being very useful to town. This post solidifies CubE as being a townie to me.

Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 11:37 CubEdIn wrote:
So, back to the question at hand:

1. We kill Masq.
- he was M/V then we know for sure if Veldril is M/V, we molest him too, end of story
- he was not M/V, then Veldril was just being overly enthusiastic, or trying to stir stuff up, Veldril chances of survival: 50/50

2. We kill Veldril.
- he was M/V then we know that Masq ---> MIGHT <--- also be M/V, we will prolly kill him too
- he was not M/V, everyone is confused, Masq might survive later in the game.

To me, it seems that I will get a more clear view of the game by killing Masq. Almost 24h in, still not changing my vote. Time for sleep. XoXo.

I really don't see why Veldril would have to be a vamp too just because Masq is one when if it turns out Masq isn't one he's just an overzealous townie? This logic seems very backwards to me. Same goes for the case if he kills Veldril. Using the same logic, Veldril would not vehemently support someone unless he was absolutely sure of his alignment, so Masq would be criminalized by a possible vamp flip as well.

Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 22:42 CubEdIn wrote:
I don't get this bandwaggoning that's going on.

WHY is Veldril more important than Masq? We are only voting for him BECAUSE he tried to defend Masq, so if we're voting for him, then we just assume that Masq is also M/V. Correct?

So why not be methodical about it, and start with Masq? If he proves to be a Mafia/Vamp, then we'll know for sure that so is Veldril. If not, then our whole premise was wrong and we should rethink our steps.

How is this an issue? WHY VELDRIL FIRST?

I don't get the reasoning here.

Seems very passionate about getting Masq offed.

Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:58 CubEdIn wrote:
So he might be a veteran but not very good at being sneaky.

I suggest we trust DrH that he wouldn't let things like 2 accounts per player slide, and just play the game.

Also, I understand why people would prefer Veldril dead as well, not going to hang anyone for that, but I just don't see it as clear as I see masq. It might be my noobness to the game smudging my vision, but hey, at least I'll be proven wrong and know not to judge people by clues and the fact that they're acting fishy as heck.

In general mafia games with just one team, this is generally a very scummish thing to say as you already know he won't be mafia, so you have your excuse ready. In this game with three teams however it doesn't ring true as much, and this makes me more hesitant to call CubE out on just this.

Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 18:21 CubEdIn wrote:
Just woke up.

And FUCK YEAH. I got a correct lynch in the first day of my first game. Too bad all this shit-talking took away my glory.

So, I'm gonna lay down and be quiet(er) until day 2 arrives. No point in all this speculation without new clues, and the whole BM spamming threw this thread way off track.

Only question is: should we lynch Veldril as well? I'm really 50-50 on that decision. My initial feeling was that Masq is M/V and Veldril is a bit of a newbie who was over-zealous with his opinion, and got the public's attention.
Now do I go with that and try to broaden my horizons, or do I just say "fuck it" and vote for Veldril? Decisions decisions.

Pushed his lynch of Masq really hard in day one, but now he's questioning a Veldril lynch after Masq turned up red even though he said he wanted to immediately after day 1? This is very suspicious to me and the most criminalizing post I have found of CubE.

Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 23:03 CubEdIn wrote:
Tell me about it. Next time, use underscores or dots, and preview posts.

But as a general idea, I understand what you mean.
That's why I think we need to wait till day 2 to see who gets killed, we can just go from there with clues, whoever is left, etc.

Continues to want to wait for the day post which to me is not a good idea since you can get a ton of good behavior analysis done in the night and you may be dead before the next day. Could just be a newbie mistake though.

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 18:38 CubEdIn wrote:
I want to vote for BM's replacement, but I can't help thinking it's sort-of unfair.

Why? Well, if you read the mafia ban list thread, you'll see that:

1. BM threatened to reveal ALL his PMs
2. DrH was "shocked" about him doing this.

Now, of course, I know that DrH could be shocked because BM is a veteran, and he shouldn't have acted like that, sure, but also, he could have been surprised because revealing his PMs would ruin the game.

And it would only ruin the game if he were M/V, and he got a lot of PMs from the other team members.
Also, BM claimed to have >70 PMs, why would a townie have so many PMs?

I don't know. I'd like NOT to vote for him, for the sake of the "good-game-spirit", but in my head, I'm 90% sure he is M/V.

This is just drawing straws. BM PMs everyone during every game to try and get as much info out like a lunatic, which is something he does in every game. For BM, this is nothing out of the ordinary and I wouldn't see it as a scum tell. Definitely far from enough to say 90% M/V.
In conclusion: CubE has a very reasonable chance of being Mafia, and near 0% chance of being Vampire. Townie is most likely, but he is definitely not cleared from charges yet.


More nitpicking and drawing at straws here just to make it seem likely that Cubedln is likely to be a mafia and then states that he is most likely town to make it seem like he's not really incriminating Cubedln.


I don't really get why he's going after Cubedln when there are a lot more suspicious people and his reasoning seems very strange to say the least.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
October 14 2010 19:14 GMT
#1623
On October 15 2010 03:36 KhrisKruel wrote:
Post counts are only important for identifying who isn't posting and is lurking. Top poster means nothing. It only identifies play styles, not indicative of scum or town.

Yeah that was why I wanted to know post counts. Mostly to know who is lurking. Or those who are trying to keep posting to a minimum as to not give away any information.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 14 2010 19:41 GMT
#1624
Nemesis your post is very hard for me to read. Could you repost it in a more readable way please so I can respond to it?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 14 2010 19:49 GMT
#1625
Ah you already did, sorry. Refresh fail. Will respond now.

I am highly suspicious of you after this post. You seem to be nitpicking at Cube's post, but leaving out post which contradicts what you are trying to convey to everyone.

I have not left out any post of content deliberately. If I did you'd see a much more onesided image. Instead I tried to paint a fair and balanced picture of the posts I have read of him.

[QUOTE]On October 15 2010 04:10 Nemesis wrote:
He seems to have left out this post purposely.
[QUOTE]On October 13 2010 07:08 CubEdIn wrote: [QUOTE]On October 13 2010 07:02 NB wrote: [QUOTE]On October 13 2010 06:53 CubEdIn wrote: Ok, one final post to strengthen my position, since we're rapidly approaching end of day one and it seems that it's either Masq or Veldril: 1. Don't you find it weird that people who have been quiet, yet voted, are stacking up on Veldril? 2. If you're sure about Veldril, then keep your vote, but please think about what I said for 5 minutes. What happens if the kill (be it Vel or Masq) is NOT Mafia or Vampire. What would that tell us about the other? Obviously, if we kill either, and they ARE in fact M/V, then the other will die as well. Easy PZ. But think of the alternatives, what if they're not? If we kill Veldril, and he's not M/V, then we know NOTHING about masq (because of lack of posts). If we kill Masq, we still have Veldril's behaviour to judge him on.[/QUOTE] Have you thought that if we lynching Veld today and he turns out to be a green, Masq has more chance to be a M/V? Even though he does not post much, the possibility that Masq is framing Veld is not 0. It happens at the moment when he agree with Veld's protection post.... What does this means? this means that if 1 of them die by lynching, there is a pretty high chance the other will die by KP of M/V no matter what is the result of lynching. And if he(the one who is not being lynched on day1) survived through night1... The only conclusion i could give you is that our ghost is protecting a red... Those above are my "prediction"... Dont listen to it if you think i have gone crazy with my HW T_T[/QUOTE] Yes, I thought about that, but it's a bit of a long shot. I don't think you'll convince many people to vote for Masq on day 2 if Veldril is green. Especially if he's Count/GF and he fakes his role for detective, he might live for the rest of the game. Instead, given Veldril's posts, he would still be suspected even if Masq turns out to be green. More so than vice-versa. My 2 cents. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which part to respond here. The bolded part indicates he has doubt about Veldril indeed, however he later posted that it was 100% that Veldril would be lynched if Masq was too. I mistakenly assumed this as him supporting this lynch and therefore thought he was going back on his promise. I had a PM convo with CubE before this accusation, so he can verify that.

[quote]More nitpicking and drawing at straws here just to make it seem likely that Cubedln is likely to be a mafia and then states that he is most likely town to make it seem like he's not really incriminating Cubedln.

I don't really get why he's going after Cubedln when there are a lot more suspicious people and his reasoning seems very strange to say the least.[/quote]
Nitpicking and drawing at straws are your words, not mine. I was simply analyzing his posts and comparing it to the way townies and mafia have played in previous games, though I also stated that since this is a 3 party game, not all comparisions may be accurate.

As for why I choose CubE; I got subbed in late and saw him making a few posts which seemed decently lengthy, so I figured I would have enough posts to analyze. I also never claimed him to be likely mafia; in fact I said he is likely townie, just that there is still a good risk of him being Mafia.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 14 2010 19:51 GMT
#1626
Sigh, now I messed up the quotes too.
On October 15 2010 04:10 Nemesis wrote:
He seems to have left out this post purposely.
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 07:08 CubEdIn wrote:
On October 13 2010 07:02 NB wrote:
On October 13 2010 06:53 CubEdIn wrote: Ok, one final post to strengthen my position, since we're rapidly approaching end of day one and it seems that it's either Masq or Veldril: 1. Don't you find it weird that people who have been quiet, yet voted, are stacking up on Veldril? 2. If you're sure about Veldril, then keep your vote, but please think about what I said for 5 minutes. What happens if the kill (be it Vel or Masq) is NOT Mafia or Vampire. What would that tell us about the other? Obviously, if we kill either, and they ARE in fact M/V, then the other will die as well. Easy PZ. But think of the alternatives, what if they're not? If we kill Veldril, and he's not M/V, then we know NOTHING about masq (because of lack of posts). If we kill Masq, we still have Veldril's behaviour to judge him on.
Have you thought that if we lynching Veld today and he turns out to be a green, Masq has more chance to be a M/V? Even though he does not post much, the possibility that Masq is framing Veld is not 0. It happens at the moment when he agree with Veld's protection post.... What does this means? this means that if 1 of them die by lynching, there is a pretty high chance the other will die by KP of M/V no matter what is the result of lynching. And if he(the one who is not being lynched on day1) survived through night1... The only conclusion i could give you is that our ghost is protecting a red... Those above are my "prediction"... Dont listen to it if you think i have gone crazy with my HW T_T
Yes, I thought about that, but it's a bit of a long shot. I don't think you'll convince many people to vote for Masq on day 2 if Veldril is green. Especially if he's Count/GF and he fakes his role for detective, he might live for the rest of the game. Instead, given Veldril's posts, he would still be suspected even if Masq turns out to be green. More so than vice-versa. My 2 cents.


I'm not sure which part to respond here. The bolded part indicates he has doubt about Veldril indeed, however he later posted that it was 100% that Veldril would be lynched if Masq was too. I mistakenly assumed this as him supporting this lynch and therefore thought he was going back on his promise. I had a PM convo with CubE before this accusation, so he can verify that.

More nitpicking and drawing at straws here just to make it seem likely that Cubedln is likely to be a mafia and then states that he is most likely town to make it seem like he's not really incriminating Cubedln.

I don't really get why he's going after Cubedln when there are a lot more suspicious people and his reasoning seems very strange to say the least.

Nitpicking and drawing at straws are your words, not mine. I was simply analyzing his posts and comparing it to the way townies and mafia have played in previous games, though I also stated that since this is a 3 party game, not all comparisions may be accurate.

As for why I choose CubE; I got subbed in late and saw him making a few posts which seemed decently lengthy, so I figured I would have enough posts to analyze. I also never claimed him to be likely mafia; in fact I said he is likely townie, just that there is still a good risk of him being Mafia.
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
October 14 2010 19:58 GMT
#1627
On October 15 2010 04:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Sigh, now I messed up the quotes too.
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 04:10 Nemesis wrote:
He seems to have left out this post purposely.
On October 13 2010 07:08 CubEdIn wrote:
On October 13 2010 07:02 NB wrote:
On October 13 2010 06:53 CubEdIn wrote: Ok, one final post to strengthen my position, since we're rapidly approaching end of day one and it seems that it's either Masq or Veldril: 1. Don't you find it weird that people who have been quiet, yet voted, are stacking up on Veldril? 2. If you're sure about Veldril, then keep your vote, but please think about what I said for 5 minutes. What happens if the kill (be it Vel or Masq) is NOT Mafia or Vampire. What would that tell us about the other? Obviously, if we kill either, and they ARE in fact M/V, then the other will die as well. Easy PZ. But think of the alternatives, what if they're not? If we kill Veldril, and he's not M/V, then we know NOTHING about masq (because of lack of posts). If we kill Masq, we still have Veldril's behaviour to judge him on.
Have you thought that if we lynching Veld today and he turns out to be a green, Masq has more chance to be a M/V? Even though he does not post much, the possibility that Masq is framing Veld is not 0. It happens at the moment when he agree with Veld's protection post.... What does this means? this means that if 1 of them die by lynching, there is a pretty high chance the other will die by KP of M/V no matter what is the result of lynching. And if he(the one who is not being lynched on day1) survived through night1... The only conclusion i could give you is that our ghost is protecting a red... Those above are my "prediction"... Dont listen to it if you think i have gone crazy with my HW T_T
Yes, I thought about that, but it's a bit of a long shot. I don't think you'll convince many people to vote for Masq on day 2 if Veldril is green. Especially if he's Count/GF and he fakes his role for detective, he might live for the rest of the game. Instead, given Veldril's posts, he would still be suspected even if Masq turns out to be green. More so than vice-versa. My 2 cents.


I'm not sure which part to respond here. The bolded part indicates he has doubt about Veldril indeed, however he later posted that it was 100% that Veldril would be lynched if Masq was too. I mistakenly assumed this as him supporting this lynch and therefore thought he was going back on his promise. I had a PM convo with CubE before this accusation, so he can verify that.

Show nested quote +
More nitpicking and drawing at straws here just to make it seem likely that Cubedln is likely to be a mafia and then states that he is most likely town to make it seem like he's not really incriminating Cubedln.

I don't really get why he's going after Cubedln when there are a lot more suspicious people and his reasoning seems very strange to say the least.

Nitpicking and drawing at straws are your words, not mine. I was simply analyzing his posts and comparing it to the way townies and mafia have played in previous games, though I also stated that since this is a 3 party game, not all comparisions may be accurate.

As for why I choose CubE; I got subbed in late and saw him making a few posts which seemed decently lengthy, so I figured I would have enough posts to analyze. I also never claimed him to be likely mafia; in fact I said he is likely townie, just that there is still a good risk of him being Mafia.

Fair enough, but I still find it suspicious that you were singling him out.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 14 2010 21:08 GMT
#1628
ps join #tlmafia for IRC mafia games, join and idle in it i hope to start games up when we get a nice base of people

IRC games are live chat and usually take from like 30 minutes to ~2 hours depending on how things go (for a 9 player game)
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 14 2010 21:48 GMT
#1629
On October 15 2010 04:58 Nemesis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 04:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Sigh, now I messed up the quotes too.
On October 15 2010 04:10 Nemesis wrote:
He seems to have left out this post purposely.
On October 13 2010 07:08 CubEdIn wrote:
On October 13 2010 07:02 NB wrote:
On October 13 2010 06:53 CubEdIn wrote: Ok, one final post to strengthen my position, since we're rapidly approaching end of day one and it seems that it's either Masq or Veldril: 1. Don't you find it weird that people who have been quiet, yet voted, are stacking up on Veldril? 2. If you're sure about Veldril, then keep your vote, but please think about what I said for 5 minutes. What happens if the kill (be it Vel or Masq) is NOT Mafia or Vampire. What would that tell us about the other? Obviously, if we kill either, and they ARE in fact M/V, then the other will die as well. Easy PZ. But think of the alternatives, what if they're not? If we kill Veldril, and he's not M/V, then we know NOTHING about masq (because of lack of posts). If we kill Masq, we still have Veldril's behaviour to judge him on.
Have you thought that if we lynching Veld today and he turns out to be a green, Masq has more chance to be a M/V? Even though he does not post much, the possibility that Masq is framing Veld is not 0. It happens at the moment when he agree with Veld's protection post.... What does this means? this means that if 1 of them die by lynching, there is a pretty high chance the other will die by KP of M/V no matter what is the result of lynching. And if he(the one who is not being lynched on day1) survived through night1... The only conclusion i could give you is that our ghost is protecting a red... Those above are my "prediction"... Dont listen to it if you think i have gone crazy with my HW T_T
Yes, I thought about that, but it's a bit of a long shot. I don't think you'll convince many people to vote for Masq on day 2 if Veldril is green. Especially if he's Count/GF and he fakes his role for detective, he might live for the rest of the game. Instead, given Veldril's posts, he would still be suspected even if Masq turns out to be green. More so than vice-versa. My 2 cents.


I'm not sure which part to respond here. The bolded part indicates he has doubt about Veldril indeed, however he later posted that it was 100% that Veldril would be lynched if Masq was too. I mistakenly assumed this as him supporting this lynch and therefore thought he was going back on his promise. I had a PM convo with CubE before this accusation, so he can verify that.

More nitpicking and drawing at straws here just to make it seem likely that Cubedln is likely to be a mafia and then states that he is most likely town to make it seem like he's not really incriminating Cubedln.

I don't really get why he's going after Cubedln when there are a lot more suspicious people and his reasoning seems very strange to say the least.

Nitpicking and drawing at straws are your words, not mine. I was simply analyzing his posts and comparing it to the way townies and mafia have played in previous games, though I also stated that since this is a 3 party game, not all comparisions may be accurate.

As for why I choose CubE; I got subbed in late and saw him making a few posts which seemed decently lengthy, so I figured I would have enough posts to analyze. I also never claimed him to be likely mafia; in fact I said he is likely townie, just that there is still a good risk of him being Mafia.

Fair enough, but I still find it suspicious that you were singling him out.

I'm going to do a few more, don't worry. All in due time.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 14 2010 21:55 GMT
#1630
Cool, I'm being suspected, makes me feel important!

Anyway, you can check, this is my first game, so I didn't really think that NOT voting for Veldril on the first hour of day 2 would somewhat incriminate me. I guess it makes sense, since it does seem that I tried to cast blame OFF Veldril TO Masq (and I did, lol), but it was also fairly obvious back then that Veldril would die if Masq is mafia.

This is reflected in today's votes, but me voting for him as well (now that I've been accused) will only look like an attempt to cover my tracks. I probably WILL end up voting for him anyway, since nobody else seems close to being more of a positive match, but since he's already heavily under the gun, I don't think my vote in particular would cause more pressure (he's currently top voted with 10 votes vs 2 votes for the next candidate).

However, my biggest problem as of now, is not who to vote for, since I already have Veldril to aim for, but who ELSE is a suspect.

Think about it, on day one we had masq, and then a shitstorm of posts that incriminated a lot of people (and if you don't believe that they did, take a look at the kill count in night 1). I, frankly, didn't catch those "hints" which has me worried.

If Mafia/Vamp managed to aim correctly since night one, then those hints were there, for sure. Why did we not see them as well? What are we not seeing now?

I need to go through all this thread again but I don't have time right now, and it's only getting bigger. After that (prolly in about 12h or so), I'll set my vote.
Frankly, I think that I'll end up voting for Veldril anyway, but I'm not convinced that he's Vamp just yet, I was way, way more "sure" of masq.
Downside is that, apart from him, everyone else is just a blur.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 14 2010 22:39 GMT
#1631
On October 15 2010 06:55 CubEdIn wrote:
Cool, I'm being suspected, makes me feel important!

Anyway, you can check, this is my first game, so I didn't really think that NOT voting for Veldril on the first hour of day 2 would somewhat incriminate me. I guess it makes sense, since it does seem that I tried to cast blame OFF Veldril TO Masq (and I did, lol), but it was also fairly obvious back then that Veldril would die if Masq is mafia.

This is reflected in today's votes, but me voting for him as well (now that I've been accused) will only look like an attempt to cover my tracks. I probably WILL end up voting for him anyway, since nobody else seems close to being more of a positive match, but since he's already heavily under the gun, I don't think my vote in particular would cause more pressure (he's currently top voted with 10 votes vs 2 votes for the next candidate).

However, my biggest problem as of now, is not who to vote for, since I already have Veldril to aim for, but who ELSE is a suspect.

Think about it, on day one we had masq, and then a shitstorm of posts that incriminated a lot of people (and if you don't believe that they did, take a look at the kill count in night 1). I, frankly, didn't catch those "hints" which has me worried.

If Mafia/Vamp managed to aim correctly since night one, then those hints were there, for sure. Why did we not see them as well? What are we not seeing now?

I need to go through all this thread again but I don't have time right now, and it's only getting bigger. After that (prolly in about 12h or so), I'll set my vote.
Frankly, I think that I'll end up voting for Veldril anyway, but I'm not convinced that he's Vamp just yet, I was way, way more "sure" of masq.
Downside is that, apart from him, everyone else is just a blur.

Keep in mind that people may have been incriminated via PM too.
boomer hands
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 14 2010 23:28 GMT
#1632
currently voting lynch on veld

other possible good lynches
JODO
BILL(the new guy)
ORGO
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
October 14 2010 23:50 GMT
#1633
On October 15 2010 08:28 Coagulation wrote:
currently voting lynch on veld

other possible good lynches
JODO
BILL(the new guy)
ORGO


either brownbear or the other guy with a giant cat picture in his profile are also a good choice.
I decided to vote with the less obvious cat reference though. I think im the only one going off of clues this round :O
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 14 2010 23:51 GMT
#1634
ps join #tlmafia for IRC mafia games, join and idle in it i hope to start games up when we get a nice base of people

IRC games are live chat and usually take from like 30 minutes to ~2 hours depending on how things go (for a 9 player game)


IRC chats are not allowed. Stated by the host.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 14 2010 23:53 GMT
#1635
On October 15 2010 08:51 aztrorisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
ps join #tlmafia for IRC mafia games, join and idle in it i hope to start games up when we get a nice base of people

IRC games are live chat and usually take from like 30 minutes to ~2 hours depending on how things go (for a 9 player game)


IRC chats are not allowed. Stated by the host.


He's talking about different games completely unrelated to this one ^^
SUNSFANNED
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 14 2010 23:53 GMT
#1636
On October 15 2010 08:51 aztrorisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
ps join #tlmafia for IRC mafia games, join and idle in it i hope to start games up when we get a nice base of people

IRC games are live chat and usually take from like 30 minutes to ~2 hours depending on how things go (for a 9 player game)


IRC chats are not allowed. Stated by the host.

Not only did i not say that, but this IRC chat is irrelevant to this game and I highly recommend everyone join it!
RIP Aaliyah
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 14 2010 23:54 GMT
#1637
If someone is hit and survived I will PM them with that information. If a ghost successfully saves someone I will also PM them.

It's just not public information.


wait, so if I didn't get a PM, i was saved?
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 14 2010 23:55 GMT
#1638
On October 15 2010 00:41 BrownBear wrote:
Now, onto today's lynch... right now I'm a fan of lynching the chainsaw-defending Veldril, for two reasons:

1: I really can't see any logical explanation for his defense of Masq other than "vampire buddy who didn't know what bussing was"

2: We drop a vampire today, we lower their KP to two, which means one less death per night.

After today, though, we really should be focusing on hunting down mafia, to bring the numbers back to equal. As town, we're trying to maintain balance between the two scum factions - we don't want mafia to get too much of an upper hand here.


And then in the voting thread:

On October 15 2010 08:48 Glasse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 07:10 Glasse wrote:
Vote brownbear

oops, my bad

vote BrownBear


With no explanation, I might add. Another possible vampire trying to save his vamp buddy? Glasse, care to explain yourself?
SUNSFANNED
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 14 2010 23:56 GMT
#1639
On October 15 2010 08:54 aztrorisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
If someone is hit and survived I will PM them with that information. If a ghost successfully saves someone I will also PM them.

It's just not public information.


wait, so if I didn't get a PM, i was saved?

If you did not receive a PM telling you that you were hit, then you were not hit.
RIP Aaliyah
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 15 2010 00:02 GMT
#1640
Not only did i not say that, but this IRC chat is irrelevant to this game and I highly recommend everyone join it!

+ Show Spoiler +
As a rule going forward: There is to be NO discussion of that irc channel in this thread. It is far too easy to pretend to be someone else and make a fake roleclaim. If you're going to roleclaim or make any serious attempt at discussion, do it in this thread. Because you can not confirm you are who you say you are in a general IRC I seriously recommend you take nothing said in there seriously. It's a nice place to spam, mess about, and NOTHING else.

Relevant game discussion belongs in the game thread. Anyone who pretends to be me in the IRC chat will be modkilled and I will suggest you for a permanent ban from all TL mafia games. That includes smurfing under my name. There will be no exceptions to this rule.


srry but this kinda sounds like not allowing IRC channels
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 69
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31430
Bisu 2703
Shuttle 1714
Hyuk 1027
EffOrt 817
Mini 786
Larva 413
Soma 383
ZerO 234
firebathero 225
[ Show more ]
hero 136
Sexy 58
sorry 50
Mong 44
PianO 44
Hyun 43
Pusan 36
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 32
Killer 25
Terrorterran 16
zelot 15
JulyZerg 14
Rock 13
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1675
Dendi977
Counter-Strike
fl0m2744
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1097
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt658
Mlord366
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX154
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King75
Trikslyr18
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1855
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
FEL
3m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 3m
INu's Battles
20h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.