• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9501 users

World at War Mafia - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 123 Next
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
March 25 2010 02:23 GMT
#521
There's nothing we should do about Opz and Abenson right now except take Opz's word for it

Abenson seems to be entirely worthless no matter what team he is on, might as well just leave him as another body in the way of the mafia. Who knows, maybe he will actually help out Opz a bit.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 25 2010 02:26 GMT
#522
On March 25 2010 11:23 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
There's nothing we should do about Opz and Abenson right now except take Opz's word for it

Abenson seems to be entirely worthless no matter what team he is on, might as well just leave him as another body in the way of the mafia. Who knows, maybe he will actually help out Opz a bit.


I'd at least like a 'yes' though. It does seem that they are both masons, but a simple confirmation is enough. Though I suppose that the lack of a disagreement between the two can be a sign of confirmation and one that I will apparently have to accept for now =\
In DotA you could
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 02:33 GMT
#523
On March 25 2010 10:29 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Well I read through the rules again...I'm assuming I can post PM's between me and him...

If you would like this I will post them...Wow...I'm thoroughly appalled by this...

I've asked him prior to him getting voted for to post some content, he hasn't replied...He could of talked it over to me his plans or what not....

-_-

But no sense lynching him anyway, he is townie.

Even I read this part, wtf?


No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 25 2010 02:33 GMT
#524
##Vote Abstain

Removing my vote on RoL, whilst I agree that it is not good to go the first day without lynching someone, the sheer fact that not one person has attempted to argue against voting for RoL and the overwhelming pressure to vote for him makes it very unlikely to me that he's mafia.
Adonai bless
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
March 25 2010 02:39 GMT
#525
Xelin, he has to die because he used a nuke. There isn't any discussion about weather he is mafia or not, he has to die, that was the decision made to control nukes.

I kind of want to hear what Zona has to say, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to let the nuke fall on caller.
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
March 25 2010 02:40 GMT
#526
On March 25 2010 11:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 10:29 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Well I read through the rules again...I'm assuming I can post PM's between me and him...

If you would like this I will post them...Wow...I'm thoroughly appalled by this...

I've asked him prior to him getting voted for to post some content, he hasn't replied...He could of talked it over to me his plans or what not....

-_-

But no sense lynching him anyway, he is townie.

Even I read this part, wtf?

Show nested quote +

No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.


...UNLESS YOUR ROLE GIVES YOU PERMISSION TO DO SO

LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 02:41 GMT
#527
On March 25 2010 11:39 Iaaan wrote:
Xelin, he has to die because he used a nuke. There isn't any discussion about weather he is mafia or not, he has to die, that was the decision made to control nukes.

I kind of want to hear what Zona has to say, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to let the nuke fall on caller.

I agree with the second part, not so much the first. If you know someones innocent what is the point? This could be some insane power play but its unlikely.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 02:42 GMT
#528
I kind of assumed that meant the mafia could talk outside the thread, didn't really think about it besides that.

lawl!!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 25 2010 02:43 GMT
#529
Currently I would rather see the nuke fall and RoL not get lynched. Not sure exactly why but my spider sense is tingling.
Adonai bless
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 25 2010 02:44 GMT
#530
NUKES ARE GOOD GO YOU WHO USE NUKE YEAH.
Okay so like yeah back to multi.

This game is funny.
Also: Phrujbaz leaves game, 18 pages of posts.
Come back 10 hours later with BM joining game, 27 pages of posts!

(Just kidding Bill, my first thought when seeing the page number was "oops hi Bill" and then it wasn't.)

+ Show Spoiler +
##Nuke Ace
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 25 2010 02:46 GMT
#531
On March 25 2010 11:33 XeliN wrote:
##Vote Abstain

Removing my vote on RoL, whilst I agree that it is not good to go the first day without lynching someone, the sheer fact that not one person has attempted to argue against voting for RoL and the overwhelming pressure to vote for him makes it very unlikely to me that he's mafia.


You just argued against his lynch... If he's red, and you're not, then way to go, buddy.

I'm back at my house. I will be gradually checking this to see what the plans are. Now that Caller has stated that he has no anti-nuclear-devices, where does that leave us?

It would be nice to know who has Nukes and who has Anti-Nukes, are we allowed to share that information? It would benefit the town. If not allowed to do it, at least use this:

Guaranteed countries with nukes:

The Big Five:
1. Usa,
2. Russia,
3. France,
4. UK,
5. China

The Nuclear Riff-Raff: (those not signing the NTBT or Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty)
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. North Korea

Undeclared Nuclear Power
9. Israel

I am not sure if there will only be 9 with nukes, but that is my assumption. It could include a nation like Iran.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 25 2010 02:46 GMT
#532
and also, if quoting changes your vote, I re-vote ##RebirthofLegend
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 25 2010 02:48 GMT
#533
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 25 2010 11:44 flamewheel91 wrote:
NUKES ARE GOOD GO YOU WHO USE NUKE YEAH.
Okay so like yeah back to multi.

This game is funny.
Also: Phrujbaz leaves game, 18 pages of posts.
Come back 10 hours later with BM joining game, 27 pages of posts!

(Just kidding Bill, my first thought when seeing the page number was "oops hi Bill" and then it wasn't.)

+ Show Spoiler +
##Nuke Ace

Flamewheel->
LOL I know. I would PM this reply, as it's not very helpful to the town to see a quote and a one liner, but I'll spoiler it to make it take less space.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 02:49 GMT
#534
On March 25 2010 11:46 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:33 XeliN wrote:
##Vote Abstain

Removing my vote on RoL, whilst I agree that it is not good to go the first day without lynching someone, the sheer fact that not one person has attempted to argue against voting for RoL and the overwhelming pressure to vote for him makes it very unlikely to me that he's mafia.


You just argued against his lynch... If he's red, and you're not, then way to go, buddy.

I'm back at my house. I will be gradually checking this to see what the plans are. Now that Caller has stated that he has no anti-nuclear-devices, where does that leave us?

It would be nice to know who has Nukes and who has Anti-Nukes, are we allowed to share that information? It would benefit the town. If not allowed to do it, at least use this:

Guaranteed countries with nukes:

The Big Five:
1. Usa,
2. Russia,
3. France,
4. UK,
5. China

The Nuclear Riff-Raff: (those not signing the NTBT or Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty)
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. North Korea

Undeclared Nuclear Power
9. Israel

I am not sure if there will only be 9 with nukes, but that is my assumption. It could include a nation like Iran.


Already clarified with Ace. Certain real world "facts" are not related to this game. Which means USA/Russia might or might NOT have nukes.
靈魂交響曲
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
March 25 2010 02:51 GMT
#535
Great Britain has nukes as well, if they're present in the game (probably are)
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
March 25 2010 02:52 GMT
#536
Oh, looks like Fishball has successfully parried that theory.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 02:56 GMT
#537
I asked Ace this question at the very beginning, since this game doesn't mean jack even if people know what country you are. What matters is the alignment of that country, and what power one posses.

Hell, Zimbabwe might have Nukes if this country is in the game.
靈魂交響曲
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 02:57 GMT
#538
Wow. You're a star, RoL. You're a real star. But more on that later.

I think we as a town have two options. One: anti-nuke, and lynch RoL. Alternatively: let the nuke fall on Caller as some have suggested, and lynch RoL if Caller is not mafia.

Option one is what we've been discussing all game, and the reasoning for taking this path is well established.

Why does the alternative option have some merit to make it worth considering? Well it centers on the fact that Caller hasn't really contributed, despite being a veteran mod and player. Now that the nuke is already in the air, if you subscribe to my earlier idea that we should be stingy with anti-nukes to have some going to the late-game, we need to think twice before using them. Caller does claim to plan to participate more later, but it's a claim we cannot prove or disprove during the time to make the decision to anti-nuke. If the nuke lands and by some tiny chance Caller is mafia, then RoL is actually okay. He somehow got rid of a mafia for us, even if it was against everything the town has established together in its ground rules. If Caller is revealed as town-aligned OR EVEN THIRD PARTY, then RoL is lynched. Lynch RoL even if Caller is third party because mafia could have easily targeted their nuke at anyone not on their team and just happened to hit third party.

But in any case, this is not something we can vote on, since anti-nukes are used privately. We can't hold anti-nuke users accountable in public, so basically all our discussion takes place so those who actually have anti-nukes can read it and make their decision. So those WITH anti-nukes, consider what has been said in the thread and make your decision.

What I suggest is that we as a town place 10 or 11 votes on RoL. Then the moment the nuke is resolved, we can finish the lynch by placing the last 1 or 2 votes, or shift the votes away, in the slim chance that the nuke lands and Caller is mafia.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 25 2010 02:58 GMT
#539
On March 25 2010 11:57 Zona wrote:
What I suggest is that we as a town place 10 or 11 votes on RoL. Then the moment the nuke is resolved, we can finish the lynch by placing the last 1 or 2 votes, or shift the votes away, in the slim chance that the nuke lands and Caller is mafia.



Just glanced through as I'm about to play more D2 right now, but if the nuke lands, it goes to night with a no lynch if we don't have majority.
In DotA you could
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 25 2010 03:00 GMT
#540
I'm sorry, I have had quite a busy week...
First of all, I would like to thank ~OpZ~ for saving me back there, when I was on the chopping block. I really appreciate it but I was unable to give my thanks to you right away. I also apologize in advance of my complete uselessness in terms of aiding the town. Here is my attempt at redemption:

Note: I hereby confirm that I am indeed in a mason with ~OpZ~

I would like to point out johnnyspazz
He's been active in terms of defending L early on in the game, when we were bickering whether or not to kill him day 1
On March 24 2010 09:28 johnnyspazz wrote:
Okay, you've convinced me nemY
you're right, L contributes to the game way too much and i'm going to guess he is pro-town for now until he starts posting again
##Vote: nemY


Also, he seems to be quite intent on pushing for a lynch of random people, jumping from one person to the next
On March 25 2010 07:14 johnnyspazz wrote:
i think the people abstaining are really dumb, you're preventing the town from getting information and we need all the information we can get since there are no clues. if it's true that opz and abenson both know each other's roles and shit, then abenson needs to confirm that in the thread so the suspicion is no longer on them.
we can have them both RC each other in the thread so that if one of them dies, atleast we know that the other one is also telling the truth since the majority of the votes are on them.


This is after ~OpZ~ saved my ass and managed to convince many that I am town.
On March 25 2010 07:23 johnnyspazz wrote:
okay if you guys think lynching either abenson or opz is bad, then who else should we vote for? i'm willing to consider someone else


It should also be noted that he voted for me, L, RoL, nemy off the top of my head.

JSpazz's post count has been near the middle. He may be active, but he hasn't posted anything that I would count as extremely helpful. The only thing he has posted is his opinion on the matter and nothing analytic.

Conclusion: Like ~OpZ~, I am hereby suggesting JSpazz as a lynch victim.

P.S. I know that many of you don't have a good impression of me, but I believe that by now, thanks to ~OpZ~, you believe I am at least pro-town. Therefore I would like to request that you do not waste lynches on me and I will attempt to improve as a mafia player on overall.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2011
RotterdaM977
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC126
ZombieGrub96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2011
RotterdaM 977
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 181
RuFF_SC2 133
SteadfastSC 126
ZombieGrub96
UpATreeSC 66
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2942
Shuttle 561
Dewaltoss 104
910 74
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3542
Counter-Strike
fl0m6159
pashabiceps1275
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4327
Liquid`Hasu471
Other Games
Beastyqt775
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck396
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 121
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie790
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.