• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:53
CEST 17:53
KST 00:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

World at War Mafia - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 123 Next
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 23 2010 18:46 GMT
#241
Oh lol, to be fair it can easily be interpreted both ways
Adonai bless
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 23 2010 18:46 GMT
#242
On March 24 2010 03:45 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?


You totally misread my post. I'm not talking about you at all.
I said "IF you're mafia", you wouldn't want unnecessary attention, which is what OpZ did.

That's a WIFOM.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
March 23 2010 18:49 GMT
#243
On March 24 2010 03:46 haster27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:45 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?


You totally misread my post. I'm not talking about you at all.
I said "IF you're mafia", you wouldn't want unnecessary attention, which is what OpZ did.

That's a WIFOM.

I don't think that's a WIFOM, that's the kind of stunt L pulls all the time.
WIFOM would be me saying something like "or is it a WIFOM?"

in any case that's a scumtell, either way.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 23 2010 18:49 GMT
#244
hey look a spam attack
whatsa matter, don't want people reading the lynch all nukers plan?
i want your input/agreement on it (i guess it is same as zona's now as he has amended his to revenge-lynch the first nuker instead of revenge-nuke)
talk, haster.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 18:52 GMT
#245
On March 24 2010 03:46 XeliN wrote:
Oh lol, to be fair it can easily be interpreted both ways


I actually reread my post a couple times after you quoted me, as you didn't make much sense.
If I was actually "accusing" you, then MY sentence wouldn't make sense at all.

I still don't know how you interpreted the "other" way. Maybe something to hide ?

On March 24 2010 03:46 haster27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:45 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?


You totally misread my post. I'm not talking about you at all.
I said "IF you're mafia", you wouldn't want unnecessary attention, which is what OpZ did.

That's a WIFOM.


I actually just googled WIFOM as I've never heard of this term before.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom

So you're saying I was playing the WIFOM game or Xelin?
If you meant me, then no.
靈魂交響曲
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 23 2010 18:54 GMT
#246
On March 24 2010 03:49 JeeJee wrote:
hey look a spam attack
whatsa matter, don't want people reading the lynch all nukers plan?
i want your input/agreement on it (i guess it is same as zona's now as he has amended his to revenge-lynch the first nuker instead of revenge-nuke)
talk, haster.


Yes, I do not see any problem with it, especially it doesn't have to worry about ToD and possibility of the nuker having more than one anti-missile defense. I do not believe I spammed that much though; most of my posts contain my opinion about how to play this game, and well, how do you expect me to respond when Caller is going all ##Nuke:haster27?
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
March 23 2010 18:57 GMT
#247
On March 24 2010 03:54 haster27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:49 JeeJee wrote:
hey look a spam attack
whatsa matter, don't want people reading the lynch all nukers plan?
i want your input/agreement on it (i guess it is same as zona's now as he has amended his to revenge-lynch the first nuker instead of revenge-nuke)
talk, haster.


Yes, I do not see any problem with it, especially it doesn't have to worry about ToD and possibility of the nuker having more than one anti-missile defense. I do not believe I spammed that much though; most of my posts contain my opinion about how to play this game, and well, how do you expect me to respond when Caller is going all ##Nuke:haster27?

hey, you're the one who's ridiculing my gosu hosting skills

and thinking that I would host a chuiu game too, gosh
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 23 2010 18:59 GMT
#248
I'll respond if other people agree that it can't be interpreted in that way, otherwise your wrong.

screw it just to get this out of the way:
+ Show Spoiler +


On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


Firstly you are quoting me, so when you wrote "If you're Mafia", I took it to be me. Think the misinterpretation lies in the word "that", I took it to refer to the post you quoted of mine//my voting and reasoning in voting for OpZ and not to what OpZ wrote.



If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^
Adonai bless
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 23 2010 19:00 GMT
#249
Fishball// It refers to ~OpZ~. Because of the possibility that he chose to make that post thinking that others will defend him this way, we should not dismiss him as a Town because he is playing game unsubtly. Like I said in the post before, mod-kill policy forces Mafia to be active, so this should not be farfetched idea.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 23 2010 19:07 GMT
#250
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


I will respond to Elemenope's post in a moment, for whoever asked me to...Xelin voting for me made me want to respond.

You didn't respond to anything about my post. You just read my post and says he's trying to claim town. Now Xelin, I hate to tell you this, but your instinct is wrong. Also, your lynch idea as being the perfect retaliation to nuking? Wrong.

Let's look at this set up. 22 players. We don't know how many night kills, the number of mafia, if mafia have special roles/nukes. Now, if mafia had an ass load of nukes, it's already certain that we would have a very big problem. I don't think they will have all too many nukes, and firing a nuke is a huge problem.

I made an effort to outline a basic idea, and state we shouldn't just jump the gun on lynching. I also said I will not be forced around or follow a bandwagon. Only time I ever really bandwagoned was as mafia. I usually vote against the consensus, as last game when I voted you over BM.

Bandwagoning in this game is especially frightening because the days end after a majority, not on a set schedule. I intend to use what power I have to stop this from occurring. Bandwagons are costly in this game. Everyone needs to post how they feel, not just vote. We need to agree on a larger scale I feel before beginning.

Also, as for my change of play, the rules are TOTALLY different then most other games. We have nukes, we have a majority lynch that can occur the INSTANT a majority is reached. This means we have to think.

Also, check it, Fishball done laid into me last game.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 19:12 GMT
#251
On March 24 2010 03:59 XeliN wrote:
I'll respond if other people agree that it can't be interpreted in that way, otherwise your wrong.

screw it just to get this out of the way:
+ Show Spoiler +


On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


Firstly you are quoting me, so when you wrote "If you're Mafia", I took it to be me. Think the misinterpretation lies in the word "that", I took it to refer to the post you quoted of mine//my voting and reasoning in voting for OpZ and not to what OpZ wrote.



If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^


It wasn't referring to anyone. It was an assumption.

Eg.
If you're blind, driving a car would be asking for disaster
If you're sick, you wouldn't want to go to school.

So did I say that you ARE blind/sick? No.

On March 24 2010 03:59 XeliN wrote:
If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^


Oh I'm pretty sure there are many ways to misinterpret this, for different reasons.
靈魂交響曲
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 23 2010 19:18 GMT
#252
I'm not talking about interpreting it based on your own personal intention I'm talking about the actual word usage itself meaning it is possible for either interpretation to be correct.

Quit being a tard.
Adonai bless
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 23 2010 19:19 GMT
#253
On March 24 2010 03:59 XeliN wrote:
I'll respond if other people agree that it can't be interpreted in that way, otherwise your wrong.

screw it just to get this out of the way:
+ Show Spoiler +


On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


Firstly you are quoting me, so when you wrote "If you're Mafia", I took it to be me. Think the misinterpretation lies in the word "that", I took it to refer to the post you quoted of mine//my voting and reasoning in voting for OpZ and not to what OpZ wrote.



If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^


lol @ calling someone an idiot when you misinterpreted. that's really stupid. and rude. just say, oops, my bad, yo and move on. why so sensitive?
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 23 2010 19:19 GMT
#254
On March 24 2010 04:07 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


I will respond to Elemenope's post in a moment, for whoever asked me to...Xelin voting for me made me want to respond.

You didn't respond to anything about my post. You just read my post and says he's trying to claim town. Now Xelin, I hate to tell you this, but your instinct is wrong. Also, your lynch idea as being the perfect retaliation to nuking? Wrong.

Let's look at this set up. 22 players. We don't know how many night kills, the number of mafia, if mafia have special roles/nukes. Now, if mafia had an ass load of nukes, it's already certain that we would have a very big problem. I don't think they will have all too many nukes, and firing a nuke is a huge problem.

I made an effort to outline a basic idea, and state we shouldn't just jump the gun on lynching. I also said I will not be forced around or follow a bandwagon. Only time I ever really bandwagoned was as mafia. I usually vote against the consensus, as last game when I voted you over BM.

Bandwagoning in this game is especially frightening because the days end after a majority, not on a set schedule. I intend to use what power I have to stop this from occurring. Bandwagons are costly in this game. Everyone needs to post how they feel, not just vote. We need to agree on a larger scale I feel before beginning.

Also, as for my change of play, the rules are TOTALLY different then most other games. We have nukes, we have a majority lynch that can occur the INSTANT a majority is reached. This means we have to think.

Also, check it, Fishball done laid into me last game.


interesting
both you and caller have a knack for not reading the rules. mafia have 1kp per night, it is pretty clear in the op
Mafia have night kills just like in normal games. Mafia can kill 1 player per night no matter how many of them are alive.


so you say that lynching all nukers is wrong. then you say "look at the setup" but provide no concrete evidence as to what is wrong with it. so, i'm asking you,

What is wrong with the lynch all nukers plan?
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 23 2010 19:23 GMT
#255
And OpZ don't read too much into my choosing to vote you atm, we are not going to have much information on anyone this early on and I just intuitively sensed something off in what you posted, could be wrong certainly.

Also as to this "Also, your lynch idea as being the perfect retaliation to nuking? Wrong."

Firstly I don't think it is perfect, just better than the other option which seems to be Nuke a Nuker, but anyway, why is it wrong?
Adonai bless
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 23 2010 19:25 GMT
#256
Versatile I'm not being sensitive, he's gone on to suggest that I have purposefully misinterpreted what he wrote for my own ends (the suggestion being I could be mafia because of it)

Also I am not wrong he is, what he wrote can be correctly interpreted in either way, it was too ambiguous.
Adonai bless
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 23 2010 19:25 GMT
#257
On March 24 2010 04:18 XeliN wrote:
I'm not talking about interpreting it based on your own personal intention I'm talking about the actual word usage itself meaning it is possible for either interpretation to be correct.

Quit being a tard.


You guys should be nice... after all the people you are aggravating (potentially) have nuclear weapons ^_^

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Boom!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 23 2010 19:26 GMT
#258
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?

Slight accusation? He was saying if I was mafia it would be dumb to do as I did? I've done gotten what, 3 votes for that post? Lol. Why? Because I said I wouldn't be pushed around, or watch L create a bandwagon without hearing from a player?
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 23 2010 19:34 GMT
#259
On March 24 2010 04:07 ~OpZ~ wrote:
I will respond to Elemenope's post in a moment, for whoever asked me to


So how's that post coming along.
In DotA you could
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 23 2010 19:36 GMT
#260
On March 24 2010 04:19 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 04:07 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


I will respond to Elemenope's post in a moment, for whoever asked me to...Xelin voting for me made me want to respond.

You didn't respond to anything about my post. You just read my post and says he's trying to claim town. Now Xelin, I hate to tell you this, but your instinct is wrong. Also, your lynch idea as being the perfect retaliation to nuking? Wrong.

Let's look at this set up. 22 players. We don't know how many night kills, the number of mafia, if mafia have special roles/nukes. Now, if mafia had an ass load of nukes, it's already certain that we would have a very big problem. I don't think they will have all too many nukes, and firing a nuke is a huge problem.

I made an effort to outline a basic idea, and state we shouldn't just jump the gun on lynching. I also said I will not be forced around or follow a bandwagon. Only time I ever really bandwagoned was as mafia. I usually vote against the consensus, as last game when I voted you over BM.

Bandwagoning in this game is especially frightening because the days end after a majority, not on a set schedule. I intend to use what power I have to stop this from occurring. Bandwagons are costly in this game. Everyone needs to post how they feel, not just vote. We need to agree on a larger scale I feel before beginning.

Also, as for my change of play, the rules are TOTALLY different then most other games. We have nukes, we have a majority lynch that can occur the INSTANT a majority is reached. This means we have to think.

Also, check it, Fishball done laid into me last game.


interesting
both you and caller have a knack for not reading the rules. mafia have 1kp per night, it is pretty clear in the op
Show nested quote +
Mafia have night kills just like in normal games. Mafia can kill 1 player per night no matter how many of them are alive.


so you say that lynching all nukers is wrong. then you say "look at the setup" but provide no concrete evidence as to what is wrong with it. so, i'm asking you,

What is wrong with the lynch all nukers plan?


It's a WASTE of time. Do you think mafia will have all kinds of nukes to just launch? To throw themselves out there and pray we don't retaliate? I agree retaliation is necessary, but ending the day right there to give them another kill, when it was most likely an idiot townie? Go look at Caller's game, the CIA agent was the last person to execute someone, and ended the game with it. It's already been stated how big of a gambit it is to just throw yourself out into the open. I agree with retaliating, but directly saying launch 3 nukes is bad, and simply ending the day is bad. The situation should determine the means of countering.

That is what my problem with the plans. So far, I like the lynch plan best, because it doesn't increase the ToD.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1295
ComeBackTV 847
SteadfastSC763
TaKeTV 491
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex151
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 763
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex 151
ProTech125
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45790
Bisu 2297
EffOrt 972
Shuttle 619
BeSt 466
Mini 456
Soma 439
Light 429
Larva 360
ZerO 205
[ Show more ]
Rush 192
Hyuk 178
firebathero 78
Mong 64
Snow 57
910 56
Liquid`Ret 54
Pusan 53
Sexy 40
ToSsGirL 34
Aegong 30
Trap 29
Bale 27
Terrorterran 22
JYJ 21
Shine 20
Rock 16
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8594
qojqva962
Counter-Strike
Fnx 800
fl0m696
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1171
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1405
Beastyqt631
Livibee203
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe128
XaKoH 96
QueenE84
Mew2King76
DeMusliM49
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 40
• mYiSmile129
• StrangeGG 28
• Gemini_19 11
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• Michael_bg 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3616
• TFBlade407
Other Games
• Shiphtur319
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 7m
Online Event
19h 7m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.