• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8950 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 180 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 03:31:05
June 19 2011 02:28 GMT
#1621
EDIT: I can read. Disregard my previous post.

I agree with what BB said below me.
Moderator
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
June 19 2011 03:11 GMT
#1622
On June 19 2011 07:33 deconduo wrote:
I won't ask for a ban as he did ask permission to leave. However, I would suggest something about requiring a legimate reason to leave the game be added to the OP. I don't feel a ban is deserved as this (as far as I know) hasn't come up before, and I did allow him to leave.


This is my opinion, we can't ban Ken for this because there wasn't a specific rule against it. However, in the future, we should make it clear that if you sign up for a game, you play the whole game unless you have a LEGITIMATE reason to leave (time commitment, etc.).

So, maybe a warning, and add to the model OP "if you leave the game without legitimate reasons, you will get modkilled. Play the game you signed up for" or something similar.
SUNSFANNED
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
June 19 2011 04:11 GMT
#1623
On June 19 2011 12:11 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2011 07:33 deconduo wrote:
I won't ask for a ban as he did ask permission to leave. However, I would suggest something about requiring a legimate reason to leave the game be added to the OP. I don't feel a ban is deserved as this (as far as I know) hasn't come up before, and I did allow him to leave.


This is my opinion, we can't ban Ken for this because there wasn't a specific rule against it. However, in the future, we should make it clear that if you sign up for a game, you play the whole game unless you have a LEGITIMATE reason to leave (time commitment, etc.).

So, maybe a warning, and add to the model OP "if you leave the game without legitimate reasons, you will get modkilled. Play the game you signed up for" or something similar.

On the contrary I do not think a rule should be applied for this case. From the player's perspective (and this is just speculation), Kenpachi was very frustrated (for whatever reasons), and knew that he wouldn't be able to play at his full potential, so he asked for a replacement. If I was in the game I'd much prefer him to ask for a replacement if he's going to have a bummed out attitude as I would not want to play with a player who isn't going to be trying. I think it's okay he asked to get replaced, but the way he went about it was uncalled for.

(I'm not trying to criticize him, I'm only trying to provide another perspective on the issue)
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 19 2011 08:43 GMT
#1624
On June 19 2011 13:11 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2011 12:11 BrownBear wrote:
On June 19 2011 07:33 deconduo wrote:
I won't ask for a ban as he did ask permission to leave. However, I would suggest something about requiring a legimate reason to leave the game be added to the OP. I don't feel a ban is deserved as this (as far as I know) hasn't come up before, and I did allow him to leave.


This is my opinion, we can't ban Ken for this because there wasn't a specific rule against it. However, in the future, we should make it clear that if you sign up for a game, you play the whole game unless you have a LEGITIMATE reason to leave (time commitment, etc.).

So, maybe a warning, and add to the model OP "if you leave the game without legitimate reasons, you will get modkilled. Play the game you signed up for" or something similar.

On the contrary I do not think a rule should be applied for this case. From the player's perspective (and this is just speculation), Kenpachi was very frustrated (for whatever reasons), and knew that he wouldn't be able to play at his full potential, so he asked for a replacement. If I was in the game I'd much prefer him to ask for a replacement if he's going to have a bummed out attitude as I would not want to play with a player who isn't going to be trying. I think it's okay he asked to get replaced, but the way he went about it was uncalled for.

(I'm not trying to criticize him, I'm only trying to provide another perspective on the issue)


While what you're saying holds truth, in that players who are frustrated seldom play to their full potential, there is also the problem of dealing with losses, and playing for your team.

Anyone in that game could've called for a replacement, I fucked up and put the town in a bad position. Thankfully only one person did it, but do we want to set the example that it's okay to just quit if people feel the game isn't going their way? That might lead to some shorter games than we're used to.

If you can only "play to your full potential" when everyone is acting the way you want them to act, and whenever someone makes a mistake (or I could have been mafia or 3rd party, he had no way of knowing), you just quit and tell your fellow players they're newbies.

Another problem is that this is almost exclusively town behavior. People who ragequit over town mistakes become highly likely "confirmed" town, so the mafia might want to start meta-gaming and having one of their own ragequit to reduce suspicion.

I get what you're saying Foolishness, and in an ideal world I'd agree with you, and we'd allow players who get upset to leave the games without repercussions, but it might create problems like the ones I described above, so I think I like Qatol's idea better of adding something to the OP about playing for your team and sticking it through.

As for this specific example, a warning is fine (this should be common sense), and the OP could be remedied.
Computer says mafia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 19 2011 20:57 GMT
#1625
You shouldn't be allowed to quit a game in a fit of rage, especially if you are going to join another game right after. There's a difference between respectfully bowing out and hurling expletives before quitting.

Don't sign up for a game if you can't play it.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
June 19 2011 21:14 GMT
#1626
Lord Vatti has been modkilled in SNMMIV for failure to vote. Standard one game ban for him, although I don't know if he'll be back.
Moderator
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 19 2011 23:04 GMT
#1627
On June 20 2011 06:14 GMarshal wrote:
Lord Vatti has been modkilled in SNMMIV for failure to vote. Standard one game ban for him, although I don't know if he'll be back.

Why do all the friends I introduce to mafia get modkilled day 1?

I haven't heard from Vatti in a while, but when we last talked said that he was in the process of switching computers and he got a virus, so mafia probably wasn't a priority. Unlike Lazorbear, he was genuinely interested in playing, but shit happened and he couldn't. I'll try to get in touch with him, see what he says.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
June 20 2011 00:59 GMT
#1628
On June 20 2011 08:04 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 06:14 GMarshal wrote:
Lord Vatti has been modkilled in SNMMIV for failure to vote. Standard one game ban for him, although I don't know if he'll be back.

Why do all the friends I introduce to mafia get modkilled day 1?

I haven't heard from Vatti in a while, but when we last talked said that he was in the process of switching computers and he got a virus, so mafia probably wasn't a priority. Unlike Lazorbear, he was genuinely interested in playing, but shit happened and he couldn't. I'll try to get in touch with him, see what he says.

If he has a legitimate reason, and with you vouching for him, I'm ok with dropping it to a warning.

Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 20 2011 02:03 GMT
#1629
grassgiraffe has been modkilled in TL Mafia XLII for not complying with activity requirements. Standard.

On the other hand, it's my fault for aidnai--so nothing.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
June 20 2011 23:50 GMT
#1630
On June 20 2011 09:59 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 08:04 Varpulis wrote:
On June 20 2011 06:14 GMarshal wrote:
Lord Vatti has been modkilled in SNMMIV for failure to vote. Standard one game ban for him, although I don't know if he'll be back.

Why do all the friends I introduce to mafia get modkilled day 1?

I haven't heard from Vatti in a while, but when we last talked said that he was in the process of switching computers and he got a virus, so mafia probably wasn't a priority. Unlike Lazorbear, he was genuinely interested in playing, but shit happened and he couldn't. I'll try to get in touch with him, see what he says.

If he has a legitimate reason, and with you vouching for him, I'm ok with dropping it to a warning.


Ho does have a pretty legitimate reason, apparently he had severe computer problems and he gave a good apology. Drop it to a warning.

Thanks Qatol ^_^
Moderator
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
June 20 2011 23:52 GMT
#1631
On June 20 2011 11:03 flamewheel wrote:
grassgiraffe has been modkilled in TL Mafia XLII for not complying with activity requirements. Standard.

On the other hand, it's my fault for aidnai--so nothing.

The first time i read that I thought his name was gassygiraffe.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 26 2011 02:10 GMT
#1632
DeMorcerf has been modkilled for failure to vote in TL Mafia XLII.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
June 26 2011 06:44 GMT
#1633
How are the mafia games going these days guys?
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
June 27 2011 03:12 GMT
#1634
Ban List is updated. Bans for DeMorcerf and grassgiraffe. Warnings for Lord Vatti and Kenpachi. Conversion taken off the list.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 27 2011 07:44 GMT
#1635
On June 26 2011 15:44 Scaramanga wrote:
How are the mafia games going these days guys?

Slightly less Australian rage quitting DT's.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
June 28 2011 21:13 GMT
#1636
Alderan modkilled for not voting in SNMMIV. One game ban please.

I want a warning for gtrsrs, for bad behavior. While he did prove somewhat responsive to warnings his attitude was bad enough that he singlehandedly made two players basically go afk as to not have to deal with him. Pyo has gone as far as to refuse to participate in any game in which gtrsrs is also involved.

Its not a ban because he did in fact shape up enough after a warning to be more polite that I could not modkill him. I find his attitude to be poor enough that he should get a warning, both to serve as an example that that kind of behavior is not tolerated (especially in a newbie game) and to make sure he gets the message.

Here are some of his posts that make me think he deserves a warning.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=232826&currentpage=13#252 is an example of demeaning another player for no real reason, especially considering we are in an international forum and English is not everyones first language. This also comes after I had warned people to play nice.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=232826&currentpage=15#294
should have gotten him modkilled, but I was nice enough to leave him with a PMed warning and an official call to keep a civil tone for the rest of the thread.

He did shape up, and did not get modkilled, but his behavior was disruptive enough that I feel like a warning is called for.

There are other players who skirted the line, but not nearly as severely as gtrs did.
Moderator
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
June 28 2011 21:27 GMT
#1637
On June 29 2011 06:13 GMarshal wrote:
I want a warning for gtrsrs, for bad behavior. While he did prove somewhat responsive to warnings his attitude was bad enough that he singlehandedly made two players basically go afk as to not have to deal with him. Pyo has gone as far as to refuse to participate in any game in which gtrsrs is also involved.


Worth noting as well is that gtrsrs is banned from all games I host due to his behavior in XL.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 29 2011 05:42 GMT
#1638
in my defense i was getting bandwagoned (by a clever mafia to be fair) on day 1 as a blue, in part because i wasn't keeping up my tunneling persona from the XL. so i had to turn it on to not get lynched since even claiming wasn't saving me. i also apologized profusely and i was not *even* the only one flaming, and i *did* stop as soon as it was asked of me.

also
especially considering we are in an international forum and English is not everyones first language.

nearly positive, but not going to bother to check, isn't one of the TL tenants that english and only english is the language of the forum?

anyways thank you for making it just a warning not a ban but i felt like i needed to clear my name up a little bit

also thanks iGrok, i think you should probably repost that on the next page of this topic too just in case i forget and sign up for one of your games
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
June 29 2011 09:51 GMT
#1639
On June 29 2011 14:42 gtrsrs wrote:
in my defense i was getting bandwagoned (by a clever mafia to be fair) on day 1 as a blue, in part because i wasn't keeping up my tunneling persona from the XL. so i had to turn it on to not get lynched since even claiming wasn't saving me. i also apologized profusely and i was not *even* the only one flaming, and i *did* stop as soon as it was asked of me.

also
Show nested quote +
especially considering we are in an international forum and English is not everyones first language.

nearly positive, but not going to bother to check, isn't one of the TL tenants that english and only english is the language of the forum?

anyways thank you for making it just a warning not a ban but i felt like i needed to clear my name up a little bit

also thanks iGrok, i think you should probably repost that on the next page of this topic too just in case i forget and sign up for one of your games

Do not misunderstand this. You were SPARED a ban and got a warning instead.
What I want to hear now is *not* your justifications for your behaviour. I would expect others share my view.

Try acting humble and realize that it´s not someone else´s fault at all you behaved like this. It´s your fault. Get clear on that.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
June 29 2011 13:58 GMT
#1640
On June 29 2011 14:42 gtrsrs wrote:
in my defense i was getting bandwagoned (by a clever mafia to be fair) on day 1 as a blue, in part because i wasn't keeping up my tunneling persona from the XL. so i had to turn it on to not get lynched since even claiming wasn't saving me. i also apologized profusely and i was not *even* the only one flaming, and i *did* stop as soon as it was asked of me.

A bandwagon is no defense for the things you posted. A lot of them were personal attacks, which are never acceptable here. If you get that emotional during a game again, just walk away from the keyboard until you calm down. Your apologies and you stopping are the only reasons this wasn't a ban request from what I understand, so they were definitely noticed and thank you for that.

also
Show nested quote +
especially considering we are in an international forum and English is not everyones first language.

nearly positive, but not going to bother to check, isn't one of the TL tenants that english and only english is the language of the forum?

While it is true that the official language of TL is english, that doesn't mean you get to be a jerk about it. You have to realize that English is not the first language of a lot of posters on this site. As a result, they may make some of the more common mistakes such as confusing your and you're. The commandment is more worried about effort than anything else (though there is obviously a certain level of language proficiency which is required). They're obviously trying to use English, and their English was understandable enough, so they are not breaking the commandment. Their error does not give you license to correct them in an embarrassing and insulting manner in the middle of the game. If you are really that bothered by it, and you think they will be receptive to polite corrections, send them a PM when the game is over or send it to your game host to be forwarded along to that player (so you aren't breaking the no PMs rule).

anyways thank you for making it just a warning not a ban but i felt like i needed to clear my name up a little bit

also thanks iGrok, i think you should probably repost that on the next page of this topic too just in case i forget and sign up for one of your games

He made his position clear. He doesn't need to fill up this thread with reminders for you. If you forget and sign up for one of his games, he can just refuse to put you on the player list and link you to the post he made here.
Uff Da
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g7044
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0268
ceh9171
Sick144
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.