• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:03
CEST 09:03
KST 16:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8782 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 84

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 180 Next
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 23:27:38
August 15 2011 23:12 GMT
#1661
My thoughts are similar to Qatol's, in that I would like to hear more from you. You damaged 2 games and pissed off a lot of people - you need more than a short message before I'll let you play in any of my games.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 15 2011 23:57 GMT
#1662
After reading all that i will never ever ever ever play in a game with zorkmid. ever.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
August 16 2011 01:31 GMT
#1663
I feel like there would be a lot of people that feel the same way that you do RedFF, and I don't feel like there's any way that I could convince you or those like you that letting me into a TL mafia game is a good idea.

Don't waste any more precious scumhunting time debating the merits of Zorkmid.

GLHF!
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 16 2011 01:32 GMT
#1664
I think a longer ban is in order. Qatol suggested 6 months but I think that's a bit too long, so maybe more like 3 normal games. If he commits to sitting out 3 games and still wants to play then he can play on a very tight leash.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 01:36:32
August 16 2011 01:35 GMT
#1665
On August 16 2011 10:31 Zorkmid wrote:
I feel like there would be a lot of people that feel the same way that you do RedFF, and I don't feel like there's any way that I could convince you or those like you that letting me into a TL mafia game is a good idea.

Don't waste any more precious scumhunting time debating the merits of Zorkmid.

GLHF!

I for one think everyone deserves second chances. I mean BM has ruined games in the past and he got a second chance. I'm partial to making him sit out a reasonable number of games, say 5, (which would be about a month or two), to make the punishment stick (Remember, punishments are designed to hurt, so that people will not repeat offenses), yes what Zork did was pretty severe, but he seems honestly repentant, and he's basically admitted that what he did was almost unforgivable, he's throwing himself on our mercy, and I for one I'm compelled to allow him a second chance.

I think that coming back took a certain amount of balls, and for that alone I'm willing to give him probation.
Moderator
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
August 16 2011 02:36 GMT
#1666
On August 16 2011 10:31 Zorkmid wrote:
I feel like there would be a lot of people that feel the same way that you do RedFF, and I don't feel like there's any way that I could convince you or those like you that letting me into a TL mafia game is a good idea.

Don't waste any more precious scumhunting time debating the merits of Zorkmid.

GLHF!

I am going to give you my thoughts and we will see what the powers at be decide. Personally, you fucked up. You fucked up hard. You were in my experimental game which everyone KNEW was very important for a class I was taking, yet you acted like a dick in other games then left mine. I will say though, your absence didn't greatly affect my experiment game since you were getting lynched anyway, but if I remember right I even PMed you and didn't receive a response one way or the other about you.

If you add that on top of what you did in the other games it was pretty fucked up and was easily enough to deserve a "perm" ban from us, which tend to be pretty hard to get in the first place and generally involve you going over the top and ruining the game for other people which you did.

That being said, I am a nice guy and am willing to give people a second chance, but to give it to you right now would be too soon and would be a complete slap in the face for those you fucked over in the past and those who have gotten bans that end up taking them out of games for much longer even though they weren't permanent.

So I would propose that you are banned for another month or two, then have to serve a 3 game ban, since to me that would actively show that you want to play this because you couldn't just go "ok" then forget about this forum for two months, come back and sign up for a game, you would have to actively try to sit out 3 games which add 3-6 weeks of you being unable to play.

So my suggestion would be a 1-2 months of being banned, then a 3-5 game ban after that. That's my two cents.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
August 16 2011 02:50 GMT
#1667
On August 16 2011 10:31 Zorkmid wrote:
I feel like there would be a lot of people that feel the same way that you do RedFF, and I don't feel like there's any way that I could convince you or those like you that letting me into a TL mafia game is a good idea.

Don't waste any more precious scumhunting time debating the merits of Zorkmid.

GLHF!

I guess we have our answer then. To be frank, it seems to me that the forum isn't ready to have you back yet + many don't think you have been punished enough. If you want to play here again, you should probably give things more time. Once again, I feel more comfortable figuring out what would need to happen for you to play when it becomes a real issue again. Please post here again if you want this discussed again.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 16 2011 03:17 GMT
#1668
Probably for the best really. If he ever did come back i would never play with him though out of principle.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 03:35:59
August 16 2011 03:31 GMT
#1669
On August 16 2011 12:17 redFF wrote:
Probably for the best really. If he ever did come back i would never play with him though out of principle.

So, with that same policy, you'd never play with BM or any of the other people who have been permabanned, or banned for disruptive behavior?

Its your choice, but I feel like you may be being too harsh. I'm the first subscriber to harsh punishment, but sometimes in rage people fuck up, a lot, and if they've learned from their mistakes I dont see why they would have to be exiled.
Moderator
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 16 2011 03:34 GMT
#1670
from what i've read he ragequit(not good but i can understand), then proceeded to pm his replacement the identities of one of the mafia? That is straight up ruining the game with no disregard for any other players. Then he randomly left RoL's game which was important to his grades.

Yeah im not playing with someone who attempted to sabotage a whole game in rage and then nearly ruined someone else's schoolwork. If he gets angry again he could do the exact same thing and ruin a game i'm in.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 16 2011 03:38 GMT
#1671
Eh, its a non-issue, so I'm not going to enter a heated argument about it ^_^
Moderator
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
August 16 2011 17:12 GMT
#1672
THAT'S SUCH AN OBVIOUSLY PONY CONFLICT AVOIDANCE STRATEGY GMARSHAL
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 16 2011 17:21 GMT
#1673
[image loading]
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 16 2011 17:42 GMT
#1674
I deferred my opinion to RoL in that I agree with his sentiments on what happened and how it should be handled in terms of reinstatement.

On a side note I will be updating the library starting next week+finally adding in all the entries I did that I haven't added yet.

I am finally free from 6AM-10PM hospital shifts lol...only to be starting classes >_> it's sad when I have more free time during medical school than during break lol
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 16 2011 18:01 GMT
#1675
On August 16 2011 12:34 redFF wrote:
from what i've read he ragequit(not good but i can understand), then proceeded to pm his replacement the identities of one of the mafia? That is straight up ruining the game with no disregard for any other players. Then he randomly left RoL's game which was important to his grades.

Yeah im not playing with someone who attempted to sabotage a whole game in rage and then nearly ruined someone else's schoolwork. If he gets angry again he could do the exact same thing and ruin a game i'm in.


This.

It's one thing to ragequit, but to actually leak information after you've been subbed out and feign ignorance saying "you didn't know that wasn't allowed" means your either malicious or lacking sense.

Just chill out until people forget, or a host actually says they'll allow you to play in their game without other players /outing.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
August 20 2011 22:27 GMT
#1676
lol @ u guys and your drama
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 21 2011 03:06 GMT
#1677
Darkponcho modkilled/replaced in XLIV for failure to post or vote. Standard one game ban please.

I am apparently now responsible for breaking a very admirable trend.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 24 2011 02:32 GMT
#1678
Munk-E modkilled in XLIV. Standard one game ban for him please.
Moderator
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 03:54:26
August 25 2011 03:02 GMT
#1679
Personality Mafia Bans

This is the part of hosting that I don't like dealing with. Only two people were modkilled in the actual game, but I feel there are some other outstanding cases that deserve consideration, even if they don't actually result in bans.

~OpZ~ was modkilled, but gave a reasonable excuse, so I'm not going to ask for a ban for him.


DoctorHelvetica asked to be replaced after the game started without giving a reason or warning before hand. I think this deserves a 1 game ban.


BloodyC0bbler was modkilled for acting way over the top regarding his post restriction after two announcements not to discuss such things. In addition, his attitude in defending his rule breaking in the thread, as well as his attitude towards some of the other players were over the top.

Due to his past ban history, he would be getting a 5 game ban according to the current ban list rules. (He was given one ban for his behavior in XXII, where he provoked Scaramanga to give him the mafia list. He was modkilled in Diplomacy mafia for inactivity, and also got a warning for inactivity in Mini Mafia IV.) I think 5 bans is excessive, but since I'm biased, I'll leave the decision to others. I'm looking in the range of a 3-5 game ban).


irc conversation between redFF and VisceraEyes
[12:44am] coquelicotFF:
why did u claim ot me
[12:44am] VisceraEyes:
Cause I couldn't help but notice ur town
[12:45am] coquelicotFF:
is taht a post restriction lol
[12:45am] VisceraEyes:
No
[12:45am] coquelicotFF:
well
[12:45am] VisceraEyes:
But claiming medic is.
[12:45am] coquelicotFF:
erm
[12:45am] VisceraEyes:
Don't tell anyone I told you tho

Even after two announcements about not discussing post restrictions, this happens. Furthermore, in the context of the whole irc log (which is too long for me to post here), basically redFF posted the log in order to get around VE's post restriction that didn't allow him to claim medic in the thread. So not only did they knowingly break the rules about not discussing post restrictions, but they were actively trying to get around it.

I propose a 1 game ban for redFF and 2 for VE (would be 3 considering his previous ban list history, but he seemed not to want to go along with redFF's plan of posting the irc log in the thread).


On August 23 2011 07:50 youngminii wrote:
Basically..

"You have been banned! This means that you permanently lose all your bonus powers, and can no longer dodge a lynch. You have also lost your extra night life."

Might as well reveal it.


Youngminii. Explicitly breaking the rules forbidding posting PMs from the host. In addition, he was involved in the flamewar with BC. YM has a history of 1 game ban. I propose a 1 game ban.


In this post, jackal58 ignores a warning from Qatol about fighting (implying personal attacks), to which jackal continues. I don't have too much to say about this, so I'll leave it up to everyone.


Kurumi gets a warning, for continuing to spam after a general announcement and a little bit after explicit private warning. The only reason why its not a ban is that his personality was Bill Murray, so some level of spam is to be expected. After two warnings though, it definitely should have stopped.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
August 25 2011 03:18 GMT
#1680
Okay, wait a minute. Have you talked to BC before making such a harsh decision as this? From what I gather he was very frustrated about his role/restrictions, and seing how some players got away with spaming/reavealing post restrictions I don't think it's fair to ban him for this. A lot of leeway was given to many players, but somehow BC got the strict rules aproach. My opinion is that this game caused a lot of emotional responses from many players and that should be taken into consideration when deciding any sort of punishment (if any).
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4097
Mong 83
ToSsGirL 78
sorry 52
Noble 10
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King138
Other Games
summit1g8426
WinterStarcraft628
ceh9443
Happy252
Sick172
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt434
Other Games
• Shiphtur531
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.