• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10384 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 180 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 29 2010 22:20 GMT
#101
On March 30 2010 04:16 Ace wrote:
Well, I kind of stopped because no one asked me any questions on why I did such and such in any games recently. Also since I'm the only one giving lectures it's like I'm pushing my play style and insights on to people when it's not the only good way to play Mafia.

Of course I have no problem going back and telling people why they suck and cursing them out for extremely retarded shit. In the current WaW game I've had brief discussions with dead players and others that I hope gives them insight on what they can do to improve in other games.

Hmph! What was that behavioral analysis post after mini mafia 2 then? Chopped liver?
I AM glad to hear that you're giving people tips behind the scenes though. You have a lot more experience than pretty much anyone else. A lot of it just comes down to reading objectively, thinking things through, and posting convincingly, but the little tips are still helpful.
Uff Da
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
March 30 2010 00:05 GMT
#102
In my humble opinion, the problem is how lurkers effect the game as a whole; they allow the mafia to be lazy and lurker as well. If there weren't any townie lurkers, then the mafia would run into big problems if any of their members were lazy.

It has been said that there really can't be a specific number of posts/time set, because people who want to lurker will either meet that and live, or even with a required amount of posting, I don't know how well it can be enforced during the game, in my mind it is more likely that lurkers will just be ignored/raged at even with rules in place. I think that it should be the moderators discretion who they allow to play in their games and decide to modkill, and if they disallow people for inactivity, they should be supported for that, not flamed or anything.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 30 2010 02:32 GMT
#103
On March 30 2010 09:05 Iaaan wrote:
In my humble opinion, the problem is how lurkers effect the game as a whole; they allow the mafia to be lazy and lurker as well. If there weren't any townie lurkers, then the mafia would run into big problems if any of their members were lazy.

It has been said that there really can't be a specific number of posts/time set, because people who want to lurker will either meet that and live, or even with a required amount of posting, I don't know how well it can be enforced during the game, in my mind it is more likely that lurkers will just be ignored/raged at even with rules in place. I think that it should be the moderators discretion who they allow to play in their games and decide to modkill, and if they disallow people for inactivity, they should be supported for that, not flamed or anything.


This is another idea... it assumes the righteousness of the moderator. Here we are assuming that the moderators will not let any personal feelings in the way when they are swaying over modkilling anybody. (See: L versus BM?) Of course, this would also put a lot more work on the mod's shoulders as they would have to read every post made and keep a tally on who has/has not posted. Perhaps if this were used in addition to the currently established modkilling rule?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 30 2010 04:18 GMT
#104
While I will not modkill them in the game in progress, anyone town-aligned in a game I host who lurks excessively and does not show any appreciable expenditure of effort will simply be automatically prioritized lower in player selection for future games. (In most cases, I consider lurking successfully as scum an application of the "play to win" mantra.)
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 30 2010 05:47 GMT
#105
@citizen: yea that clearly is. It was an argument MBH made because he was Mafia and I had to stop the game. The town was doing things kind of like that where they were swearing on stuff and it got out of hand. Town had a circle off of people swearing on kids and stuff so the game wasn't even Mafia anymore.

@Qatol: I gave advice after MM 2? That seems so long ago :/
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 14:25:59
March 30 2010 12:14 GMT
#106
On March 30 2010 14:47 Ace wrote:
@citizen: yea that clearly is. It was an argument MBH made because he was Mafia and I had to stop the game. The town was doing things kind of like that where they were swearing on stuff and it got out of hand. Town had a circle off of people swearing on kids and stuff so the game wasn't even Mafia anymore.

@Qatol: I gave advice after MM 2? That seems so long ago :/

No, I did here. You were saying that nobody else does anything after games.
Uff Da
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 30 2010 19:40 GMT
#107
If there's one thing more annoying than playing in a game where everyone is inactive, it's watching one. Or three!

+ Show Spoiler +
For some reason the busier I am, the more I tend to check the forum - it's compulsive. When I have lax days it's the opposite: I'm not near the computer and time flies doing other things. Dance for me mafia players, dance I say!@!!
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 30 2010 22:18 GMT
#108
On March 30 2010 13:18 Zona wrote:
While I will not modkill them in the game in progress, anyone town-aligned in a game I host who lurks excessively and does not show any appreciable expenditure of effort will simply be automatically prioritized lower in player selection for future games. (In most cases, I consider lurking successfully as scum an application of the "play to win" mantra.)

I assume that doesn't apply to blue roles either? While it is becoming a less viable strategy these days, it can still be viable at times and thus part of the "play to win" mantra.
Uff Da
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 30 2010 22:37 GMT
#109
On March 31 2010 07:18 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 13:18 Zona wrote:
While I will not modkill them in the game in progress, anyone town-aligned in a game I host who lurks excessively and does not show any appreciable expenditure of effort will simply be automatically prioritized lower in player selection for future games. (In most cases, I consider lurking successfully as scum an application of the "play to win" mantra.)

I assume that doesn't apply to blue roles either? While it is becoming a less viable strategy these days, it can still be viable at times and thus part of the "play to win" mantra.
Then it becomes a viable green strategy to fuck up red bluesniping.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 30 2010 22:46 GMT
#110
On March 31 2010 07:37 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2010 07:18 Qatol wrote:
On March 30 2010 13:18 Zona wrote:
While I will not modkill them in the game in progress, anyone town-aligned in a game I host who lurks excessively and does not show any appreciable expenditure of effort will simply be automatically prioritized lower in player selection for future games. (In most cases, I consider lurking successfully as scum an application of the "play to win" mantra.)

I assume that doesn't apply to blue roles either? While it is becoming a less viable strategy these days, it can still be viable at times and thus part of the "play to win" mantra.
Then it becomes a viable green strategy to fuck up red bluesniping.

Ugh. Point. I really hate lurking all around.
Uff Da
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 30 2010 22:53 GMT
#111
If blues are trying to lurk then they deserve to be sniped.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 30 2010 22:58 GMT
#112
On March 31 2010 07:53 Ace wrote:
If blues are trying to lurk then they deserve to be sniped.

Hey! That was how I survived BC1! As I recall, you TOLD me to lurk! (I just feel like arguing. Activity levels are so different now that game doesn't really apply.)
Uff Da
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 30 2010 23:03 GMT
#113
You could get away with lurking because you had 2 mouths, player skill was lower (well, it still is) and iirc many people were lurking which always sucks for the town
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 23:41:17
March 30 2010 23:41 GMT
#114
There are two types of lurkers.
One type is the type that ruins mafia games.
And then there are + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If life were great, everybody would contribute and then lurking would not exist.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 30 2010 23:44 GMT
#115
On March 31 2010 07:53 Ace wrote:
If blues are trying to lurk then they deserve to be sniped.

you know how many greens chump block hits for blues on day one purely because their lack of activity makes them both unlikely to be medic protted AND more likely to be a chronic blue role?

Its pretty common, dawg.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 30 2010 23:47 GMT
#116
Ok? Blues shouldn't lurk just for the fact that when they do find something and try to prove it to the town they can easily be discredited. Some guy showing up on Day 4 with OMG HAI I FOUND A MAFIA! isn't going to be getting a lot of support.

Greens that lurk and block hits for blues that lurk don't really matter if the blues aren't contributing anyway. With respect to the game they are both useless regardless of roles.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 31 2010 00:49 GMT
#117
On March 30 2010 11:32 flamewheel91 wrote:
Of course, this would also put a lot more work on the mod's shoulders as they would have to read every post made and keep a tally on who has/has not posted. Perhaps if this were used in addition to the currently established modkilling rule?

If we as game hosts do want to have a rule based on # of posts/time period, I could provide a tool to track that. I'm not sure that's the way to go, though. The last thing we want more of is content-free posts that some players are rather infamous for.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 31 2010 02:39 GMT
#118
On March 31 2010 09:49 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 11:32 flamewheel91 wrote:
Of course, this would also put a lot more work on the mod's shoulders as they would have to read every post made and keep a tally on who has/has not posted. Perhaps if this were used in addition to the currently established modkilling rule?

If we as game hosts do want to have a rule based on # of posts/time period, I could provide a tool to track that. I'm not sure that's the way to go, though. The last thing we want more of is content-free posts that some players are rather infamous for.

I would hope game hosts watch the thread as much as anyone else. I don't think it should really be a mathematical formula. I guess it should really come down to a judgment call about warning people about this.
Uff Da
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 31 2010 05:28 GMT
#119
so aye son. what's up bredgin. what it do star? y'all got some kinda bootcamp for mods, yo? i'd like to stick around, but i don't think i can handle being in another game. i have previous experience, homie. taught by ace and MBH. *wiggles eyebrows*
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 31 2010 08:55 GMT
#120
i'd also like to try modding.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 855
Soulkey 318
Larva 226
Soma 198
Mind 68
ZerO 67
soO 27
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
[ Show more ]
Sexy 5
Mini 1
League of Legends
JimRising 537
Counter-Strike
edward142
Other Games
summit1g8836
singsing1486
gofns1328
Coldzera 676
WinterStarcraft624
Sick215
Pyrionflax23
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV255
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Jankos2385
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.