• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:40
CEST 11:40
KST 18:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8348 users

TL Mafia XV - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 71 Next
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
October 21 2009 22:01 GMT
#201
Sorry for taking so long to post, but I've been feeling sick this week and my brain isn't working up to normal capacity, which wasn't much to start with.

From what I've seen so far, I like Incognito's plan for figuring out the DT sanity by agreeing on who to lynch Day Two and having the DTs check them. It's a good way to start figuring out their sanities right away and being able to trust their rolechecks. I'm still a little confused about having a medic/DT list, though. Are the DTs going to checking the people that the medics protect?

I also agree with Foolishness that Ver and Qatol would have evenly distributed the veterans among the town and Mafia alike. Both of them were there (albeit not for very long) for Chuiu's game where nearly all the experienced players were town-aligned and the town nearly got a perfect game as a result. I don't think this justifies lynching veterans just because they're veterans, but watching them more closely than most for Mafia-like behavior doesn't hurt.

As for the Mayor elections, I'm also surprised that none of the candidates except Rebirthoflegend have discussed the fact that Mafia can now infiltrate their own members as bodyguards. Considering the bodyguards and Mayor will know each other this game, it's likely they'll at least be in contact with each other and even form a circle. In that case, we'd want to elect a Mayor who can best demonstrate that they're town-aligned and good at reading people, because they're more likely than most to be in close proximity with Mafia members.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 21 2009 22:02 GMT
#202
On October 22 2009 06:55 HeavOnEarth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 06:53 redtooth wrote:
i have just sent the three inactive a PM notifying them that the game has started. sometimes people just forget to reply. happened to me once in a game and i ended up dead before i could even post, despite being a townie.

Oh, cool. I wasn't trying to force potential inactive mafia members into posting at all D:
what? your "potential inacitve mafia members" don't exist. mafia is likely organized by now with an irc and a general plan. there is a chance that some are intentionally staying silent but my PM changes nothing. i simply told them that the game has started and they haven't posted, exactly what your one post said.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 21 2009 22:04 GMT
#203
well i just suck at playing mafia and hate when the town does it to me then lol
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 22:07 GMT
#204
On October 22 2009 07:00 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 06:56 Shikyo wrote:
Redtooth, amazing analysis but it seems to be more about "he is scum let me find reasons why that might be" rather than "hmm suspicious post, he might be scum".
well i have to agree with you to a certain extent but i had no suspicions of tricode until that post. that single post had red flags all over and i just found more as i analyzed it deeper.

Well yeah, I actually wouldn't mind lynching him no matter his alignment just because it'd be a lot less damaging to the brain. But yeah let's keep our eyes open. Especially if he becomes quiet from now on it's going to be suspicious. It's difficult to see if he's faking or is just being dumb and doing it unintentionally, though.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 21 2009 22:09 GMT
#205
On October 22 2009 07:07 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:00 redtooth wrote:
On October 22 2009 06:56 Shikyo wrote:
Redtooth, amazing analysis but it seems to be more about "he is scum let me find reasons why that might be" rather than "hmm suspicious post, he might be scum".
well i have to agree with you to a certain extent but i had no suspicions of tricode until that post. that single post had red flags all over and i just found more as i analyzed it deeper.

Well yeah, I actually wouldn't mind lynching him no matter his alignment just because it'd be a lot less damaging to the brain. But yeah let's keep our eyes open. Especially if he becomes quiet from now on it's going to be suspicious. It's difficult to see if he's faking or is just being dumb and doing it unintentionally, though.
eh but those are the two reasons why we should lynch?

i propose that our planned Day 2 lynch (for incognito's DT plan) be tricode.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
October 21 2009 22:11 GMT
#206
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
October 21 2009 22:15 GMT
#207
On October 22 2009 07:11 dreamflower wrote:
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.


"bad" players will always be "bad"
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 22:17 GMT
#208
On October 22 2009 07:09 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:07 Shikyo wrote:
On October 22 2009 07:00 redtooth wrote:
On October 22 2009 06:56 Shikyo wrote:
Redtooth, amazing analysis but it seems to be more about "he is scum let me find reasons why that might be" rather than "hmm suspicious post, he might be scum".
well i have to agree with you to a certain extent but i had no suspicions of tricode until that post. that single post had red flags all over and i just found more as i analyzed it deeper.

Well yeah, I actually wouldn't mind lynching him no matter his alignment just because it'd be a lot less damaging to the brain. But yeah let's keep our eyes open. Especially if he becomes quiet from now on it's going to be suspicious. It's difficult to see if he's faking or is just being dumb and doing it unintentionally, though.
eh but those are the two reasons why we should lynch?

i propose that our planned Day 2 lynch (for incognito's DT plan) be tricode.

Yeah sure, but who are we going to lynch day 1 then? I really have no idea since there aren't any clues... I guess we'll have to go off behavior alone, although it's quite difficult at this point of the game.

About the DT plan, it seems like it helps them narrow their role down to 2 possible DT sanities, so they could either give it a 50/50 guess, or wait for a second check and death. So yeah sure, why not? I'm not really sure what the problem with this plan was again, or why were some people disagreeing with it?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 21 2009 22:18 GMT
#209
On October 22 2009 07:11 dreamflower wrote:
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.
tricode is not one of the "vets". L and BC can afford to goof off and do whatever. look at Ace's platform: it's shit but it's better than tricode's long platform post. there is a chance that BC, L, and Ace are mafia but there is no chance that they are stupid townies. on the other hand, killing tricode is a win-win situation.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
October 21 2009 22:21 GMT
#210
On October 22 2009 07:15 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:11 dreamflower wrote:
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.


"bad" players will always be "bad"


How so? The point of continuing to run these games of Mafia is to have people learn how to play better, and plenty of people do get better and better as they understand the rules and learn to distinguish behavior better. Qatol told me he was "absolutely horrible" in his first game, and now he's considered one of the best players here.

Unless you mean players who are labeled "bad" will always be labeled "bad," in which case I totally agree. It's hard to get rid of a label like that, unless you play spectacularly well in a game or consistently well in multiple games. Especially if a well-known player like Ace or L attaches the "bad player" label to you.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 22:22 GMT
#211
On October 22 2009 07:18 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:11 dreamflower wrote:
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.
tricode is not one of the "vets". L and BC can afford to goof off and do whatever. look at Ace's platform: it's shit but it's better than tricode's long platform post. there is a chance that BC, L, and Ace are mafia but there is no chance that they are stupid townies. on the other hand, killing tricode is a win-win situation.

Flawless logic. Stupid townie or stupid mafia, we win in either case. I think we might have to lynch either L or Ace soon though, or this thread will be like 100 pages in no time.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-21 22:29:28
October 21 2009 22:23 GMT
#212
On October 22 2009 04:15 Tricode wrote:
You shouldn't be trying to kill people based on past crap.
also, this is absolutely wrong. i don't remember tricode's standard behavior but it seems to be the general consensus that he's a very bad player. he also doesn't seem to be taking the game very seriously at the moment so we can't rely on any drastic improvements from him. Ace, L, BC have established their usefulness whenever they were green.

edit: took out one word ("in") to let the sentence actually make sense.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 22:24 GMT
#213
On October 22 2009 07:21 dreamflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:15 Foolishness wrote:
On October 22 2009 07:11 dreamflower wrote:
In addition, I'm a little surprised at why people are so contemptuous of Tricode's posts. I admit I've been reading fairly quickly, but I don't see what's so much worse about his posts than, say, Bloodycobbler's or L's.


"bad" players will always be "bad"


How so? The point of continuing to run these games of Mafia is to have people learn how to play better, and plenty of people do get better and better as they understand the rules and learn to distinguish behavior better. Qatol told me he was "absolutely horrible" in his first game, and now he's considered one of the best players here.

Unless you mean players who are labeled "bad" will always be labeled "bad," in which case I totally agree. It's hard to get rid of a label like that, unless you play spectacularly well in a game or consistently well in multiple games. Especially if a well-known player like Ace or L attaches the "bad player" label to you.

Well looking at his posts, Tricode's astounding logic and gamesense seems to have stayed unchanged, so it's not a stretch to assume a relatively similiar skill level to past games. And you sound so serious, that's very scary.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 22:26 GMT
#214
On October 22 2009 07:23 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 04:15 Tricode wrote:
You shouldn't be trying to kill people based on past crap.
also, this is absolutely wrong. i don't remember tricode's standard behavior but it seems to be the general consensus that he's a very bad player. he also doesn't seem to be taking the game very seriously at the moment so we can't rely on any drastic improvements from him. Ace, L, BC have established their usefulness in whenever they were green.

He normally says dumb stuff, makes bad connections with clues and is wrong about everything, generally. His behavior for now seems consistent with his past behavior.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
October 21 2009 22:39 GMT
#215
On October 22 2009 07:24 Shikyo wrote:
Well looking at his posts, Tricode's astounding logic and gamesense seems to have stayed unchanged, so it's not a stretch to assume a relatively similiar skill level to past games. And you sound so serious, that's very scary.


I am serious when it comes to people being labeled as "good" and "bad" like that. I apologize if this is frightening for you. "Good" players can play quite badly and "bad" players can play well, so labeling someone like that and sticking by it forever seems ill-advised. And I thought it was ironic that Foolishness made that post, having been labeled a "bad" player by Ace in the past.

I'm neither defending or advocating Tricode's lynch, but I'm puzzled as to why people seem to have latched onto that. Especially since the issue at hand right now should be the Mayor elections. I would definitely like to see a little more from the candidates than "*yawn* *runs for Mayor* *goes back to sleep*".
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 21 2009 22:42 GMT
#216
good players can also play good and bad players can also play bad
whoa , madness ;o
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 23:19 GMT
#217
On October 22 2009 07:39 dreamflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2009 07:24 Shikyo wrote:
Well looking at his posts, Tricode's astounding logic and gamesense seems to have stayed unchanged, so it's not a stretch to assume a relatively similiar skill level to past games. And you sound so serious, that's very scary.


I am serious when it comes to people being labeled as "good" and "bad" like that. I apologize if this is frightening for you. "Good" players can play quite badly and "bad" players can play well, so labeling someone like that and sticking by it forever seems ill-advised. And I thought it was ironic that Foolishness made that post, having been labeled a "bad" player by Ace in the past.

I'm neither defending or advocating Tricode's lynch, but I'm puzzled as to why people seem to have latched onto that. Especially since the issue at hand right now should be the Mayor elections. I would definitely like to see a little more from the candidates than "*yawn* *runs for Mayor* *goes back to sleep*".

Well, the level of seriousness of my posts most likely differs slightly from the level of yours, so take that into account. Also, I don't think Ace was really being serious, since Foolishness has clearly been one of the better players here. I think he got hurt by foolishness calling him bad, so that labeling doesn't hold the same value.

If you're wondering about my reasonings, it's because I think it'll cause at least some discussion. I also haven't really liked his posts and even though it's more of a placeholder lynch vote, I wouldn't mind him getting lynched simply because I can't see him being all that useful to the town. I also agree about Ace, hence I won't vote for a mayor until a good candidate steps up.

Oh yeah, and I for one don't really care who's labeled as a bad player, I can see how good they are myself.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 21 2009 23:24 GMT
#218
BTW, Motbob spotted responding to a LR thread after the game had begun and role PMs sent. Suspicious? Hell yeah!!!
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 21 2009 23:28 GMT
#219
uh o motbob u got called out
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
October 21 2009 23:52 GMT
#220
Redtooth told me to post, so here I am. Technically he told me to "reply" but didn't specify whether he meant to reply to the PM or to reply in the thread.

Lynching inactives in an invite-only game? It actually sounds like a fine plan, because no one should be inactive. So if anyone is inactive then they should be killed. Simple enough. And for all those supporting a "least inactive" killing plan I should point out that I did post once before the day post was released, which I think counts because it was after the official start time. So there.

Plus I have a day and two hours to start being active.

I may have some accusations for y'all as soon as I finish analyzing all that poetry. I swear there's a clue in there somewhere.
Cheese is good for you!
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2354
firebathero 2222
Bisu 614
Hyuk 408
BeSt 124
Larva 96
EffOrt 91
Killer 91
Sexy 90
Leta 89
[ Show more ]
Soma 84
Dewaltoss 81
ZerO 63
ToSsGirL 54
Light 45
soO 39
Yoon 35
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 19
Shinee 18
NaDa 15
sorry 15
Rush 14
Hm[arnc] 13
JulyZerg 12
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 142
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1131
byalli815
kRYSTAL_24
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor962
crisheroes541
Other Games
gofns32083
singsing1534
olofmeister1016
ceh9662
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2346
League of Legends
• Stunt463
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 20m
OSC
12h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.