• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:49
CEST 00:49
KST 07:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10844 users

[IPL] IPL4 Main Event Discussion - Page 204

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 329 Next
IPL4 Feedback Thread
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
April 08 2012 04:49 GMT
#4061
On April 08 2012 13:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 13:35 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:34 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:32 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:29 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:28 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:27 taLbuk wrote:
when riot first said 3 min spectator delay , i said it's going to make awkward situations for the live viewing experience and people told me i was crazy, why even bother with delay for a LAN event?


New heroes and UI enhancements are priority. Who needs replays or live spectating.

...Except there are different people working on them. Seriously, like, do you expect Morello to code a new UI or something?


It's been two years? They've hired new champ designers and there are a bunch of UI improvements this patch. Just not ones that have to do with tournament play.

Hm. I wonder what special things rjcombo is working that's all NDA then...?


rjcombo always brings out the best stuff.

What stuff has rjcombo been responsible for in the past (besides Galio, I think)?


rjcombo is basically their lead on most things you see on their UI.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20175976#20175976
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 04:52:57
April 08 2012 04:51 GMT
#4062
IPL recap for CLG vs Mm

No VODs yet out though.
Pulselol
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1628 Posts
April 08 2012 04:58 GMT
#4063
TSM vs CLG tomorrow, who's rooting for who?

+ Show Spoiler +
TSM ALL THE WAY BABY
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
April 08 2012 04:59 GMT
#4064
On April 08 2012 13:49 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 13:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:35 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:34 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:32 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:29 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:28 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:27 taLbuk wrote:
when riot first said 3 min spectator delay , i said it's going to make awkward situations for the live viewing experience and people told me i was crazy, why even bother with delay for a LAN event?


New heroes and UI enhancements are priority. Who needs replays or live spectating.

...Except there are different people working on them. Seriously, like, do you expect Morello to code a new UI or something?


It's been two years? They've hired new champ designers and there are a bunch of UI improvements this patch. Just not ones that have to do with tournament play.

Hm. I wonder what special things rjcombo is working that's all NDA then...?


rjcombo always brings out the best stuff.

What stuff has rjcombo been responsible for in the past (besides Galio, I think)?


rjcombo is basically their lead on most things you see on their UI.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20175976#20175976


@danielzklein @SotLTravis Also, @psotto is the design lead on spectator now.
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
April 08 2012 04:59 GMT
#4065
On April 08 2012 13:58 Pulselol wrote:
TSM vs CLG tomorrow, who's rooting for who?

+ Show Spoiler +
TSM ALL THE WAY BABY


Assuming CLG beat DIG.

Dig put up some great games vs TSM even with Soraka/Lulu banned out.
Lancer723
Profile Joined September 2011
United States486 Posts
April 08 2012 05:02 GMT
#4066
On April 08 2012 13:35 henrikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 13:33 GeorgeForeman wrote:
Dig's plan that game:

1. Pick a comp centered around a late-game AD
2. Don't bring CV
3. Never EVER buy oracles
4. Face-check Baron repeatedly

Solid.


They had oracles plent, but couldnt offord it on supp/noc after deaths
It happened once.


I don't think that not affording it is an option in that situation though. You HAVE to have an oracle or else the enemy team is just going to dance with you to make you move around the map while they double back and ward clear over and over until you have no vision or no wards left and have to go get more. Not having oracles is unsustainable in the long run in a baron standoff against a competent team. Eventually you will be forced to facecheck something you don't have vision of or you concede baron to the other team.

You have to buy it on someone. Dig didn't, and it probably cost them the game.
LoL ID - Lancer723 Gold III
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
April 08 2012 05:03 GMT
#4067
On April 08 2012 13:51 beefhamburger wrote:
IPL recap for CLG vs Mm

No VODs yet out though.


Holy shit, CLG dominated MM. Those games don't even look close lol.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 05:07:33
April 08 2012 05:06 GMT
#4068
On April 08 2012 13:59 StUfF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 13:49 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:35 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:34 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:32 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:29 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:28 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:27 taLbuk wrote:
when riot first said 3 min spectator delay , i said it's going to make awkward situations for the live viewing experience and people told me i was crazy, why even bother with delay for a LAN event?


New heroes and UI enhancements are priority. Who needs replays or live spectating.

...Except there are different people working on them. Seriously, like, do you expect Morello to code a new UI or something?


It's been two years? They've hired new champ designers and there are a bunch of UI improvements this patch. Just not ones that have to do with tournament play.

Hm. I wonder what special things rjcombo is working that's all NDA then...?


rjcombo always brings out the best stuff.

What stuff has rjcombo been responsible for in the past (besides Galio, I think)?


rjcombo is basically their lead on most things you see on their UI.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20175976#20175976


@danielzklein @SotLTravis Also, @psotto is the design lead on spectator now.



I'll be truthful. I'm not too sure what your point is here. If it's on the UI in any way, you can count on rjcombo having some hand in it. Even in the thread I linked, he gives specific names to other individuals. Not too sure what you're trying to say by that. I thought I was pretty clear with the way I worded things.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 05:08:43
April 08 2012 05:07 GMT
#4069
The game one was a surprisng stomp which was pretty neat by TSM. Dig thought the bans would just be against the 3 Support comp but they forgot about the old ban soraka pick Karthus strategy.

I'm curious to how CLG will deal with the 3 support strategy. Hopefully they ban better, but they might have a strategy that involves not having to ban out all 3. Not sure what counters Soraka mid, but I'm sure there are counters. Voyboy seems to think Lulu is broken, but not sure if they think Soraka is broken or just annoying. Kog Maw can be dealt with right champs like Nocturne or Ashe like always without the 3 supports backing him up.
Kyo Yuy
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 05:09:40
April 08 2012 05:08 GMT
#4070
On April 08 2012 13:58 Pulselol wrote:
TSM vs CLG tomorrow, who's rooting for who?

+ Show Spoiler +
TSM ALL THE WAY BABY

I must admit, I've been a CLG fan for the longest time, because I felt that CLG team was (ever so slightly) more level headed than TSM. Although CLG did rage a lot, neither SV not HSGG's outbursts were as dramatic and over the top as Reginald's. Plus SV has long been considered to be the best jungler in the American scene.

But this new TSM impressed me a whole lot. Plus the addition of Dyrus has changed my feelings a lot, as Dyrus is incredibly calm and composed, and is always willing to admit fault when he does something wrong.

Plus, it's quite clear that TheOddOne has been aware of people's criticisms of him never farming the jungle, and now it's apparent that he can play a farm/carry style when the situation calls for it and still play support style when necessary.

I just feel TSM has made great strides in its play and this is a stark contrast to the stagnation that they were experiencing between Kiev and Hannover.

Long story short... I don't know who to cheer for if this situation were to arise. But man I love Dyrus. :D
#1 KawaiiRice fan :D
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
April 08 2012 05:10 GMT
#4071
On April 08 2012 14:06 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 13:59 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:49 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:35 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:34 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:32 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:29 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:28 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:27 taLbuk wrote:
when riot first said 3 min spectator delay , i said it's going to make awkward situations for the live viewing experience and people told me i was crazy, why even bother with delay for a LAN event?


New heroes and UI enhancements are priority. Who needs replays or live spectating.

...Except there are different people working on them. Seriously, like, do you expect Morello to code a new UI or something?


It's been two years? They've hired new champ designers and there are a bunch of UI improvements this patch. Just not ones that have to do with tournament play.

Hm. I wonder what special things rjcombo is working that's all NDA then...?


rjcombo always brings out the best stuff.

What stuff has rjcombo been responsible for in the past (besides Galio, I think)?


rjcombo is basically their lead on most things you see on their UI.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20175976#20175976


@danielzklein @SotLTravis Also, @psotto is the design lead on spectator now.



I'll be truthful. I'm not too sure what your point is here. If it's on the UI in any way, you can count on rjcombo having some hand in it. Even in the thread I linked, he gives specific names to other individuals. Not too sure what you're trying to say by that. I thought I was pretty clear with the way I worded things.


I wasn't making any point. I was just correcting old information. No offense intended.
fuzzbox
Profile Joined February 2010
235 Posts
April 08 2012 05:14 GMT
#4072
after all this, i still haven't seen anything impressive or innovative outside of Dig's "Support" comp. i still think M5 can easily topple them all. thechampionship matches between M5 and Dig at Hannover showed just how M5 is on another level strategically.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
April 08 2012 05:17 GMT
#4073
On April 08 2012 14:10 StUfF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 14:06 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:59 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:49 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:35 ketchup wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:34 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:32 StUfF wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:29 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
On April 08 2012 13:28 StUfF wrote:
[quote]

New heroes and UI enhancements are priority. Who needs replays or live spectating.

...Except there are different people working on them. Seriously, like, do you expect Morello to code a new UI or something?


It's been two years? They've hired new champ designers and there are a bunch of UI improvements this patch. Just not ones that have to do with tournament play.

Hm. I wonder what special things rjcombo is working that's all NDA then...?


rjcombo always brings out the best stuff.

What stuff has rjcombo been responsible for in the past (besides Galio, I think)?


rjcombo is basically their lead on most things you see on their UI.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20175976#20175976


@danielzklein @SotLTravis Also, @psotto is the design lead on spectator now.



I'll be truthful. I'm not too sure what your point is here. If it's on the UI in any way, you can count on rjcombo having some hand in it. Even in the thread I linked, he gives specific names to other individuals. Not too sure what you're trying to say by that. I thought I was pretty clear with the way I worded things.


I wasn't making any point. I was just correcting old information. No offense intended.


Hm, okay. my fault. I looked too much into that. The thread also is pretty outdated, but I felt it best conveyed what rjcombo does/did/has done/etc
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
April 08 2012 05:22 GMT
#4074
The way I see it.

Scarra says Soraka is unbeatable in lane and ungankable by AP junglers.
Voyboy believes that Lulu is also very strong in lane.

So they design a comp around these two heroes, and then exploit the fact that not many people have laned competitively vs lulu or soraka or thought about it much at all, they win their lanes hands down or even in the picks because of unfamiliarity.

Not sure if CLG will just ban them out and give them the heroes they want (Lee sin/Anivia?) or given two days let them practice the lanes/figure out how to properly pick and play vs this comp.
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
April 08 2012 05:23 GMT
#4075
TSM is going to have such a huge advantage since they only have to play 1 series tomorrow and much more time to prepare for whoever they play. If CLG beats Dignitas but there's internal strife, it may carry over and put them on tilt vs. TSM. But still rooting for CLG to take it!
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 05:29:02
April 08 2012 05:28 GMT
#4076
On April 08 2012 14:23 beefhamburger wrote:
TSM is going to have such a huge advantage since they only have to play 1 series tomorrow and much more time to prepare for whoever they play. If CLG beats Dignitas but there's internal strife, it may carry over and put them on tilt vs. TSM. But still rooting for CLG to take it!


But the winning team is also warmed up and extremely motivated, while TSM might be fresh or nervous.
Liquipedia"Expert"
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
April 08 2012 05:30 GMT
#4077
Chauster, CLG, I believe~
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
April 08 2012 05:41 GMT
#4078
On April 08 2012 14:30 NeoIllusions wrote:
Chauster, CLG, I believe~

Qualm
Profile Joined December 2009
721 Posts
April 08 2012 05:43 GMT
#4079
How the the actual finals work? I'm not sure I get the whole extended series thing... Does it mean they play two bo3s and TSM only has to win one?
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
April 08 2012 05:47 GMT
#4080
On April 08 2012 14:43 Qualm wrote:
How the the actual finals work? I'm not sure I get the whole extended series thing... Does it mean they play two bo3s and TSM only has to win one?


That's what I got from it. IPL's page didn't have a specific line about the extended series so I just assumed that it's the standard double elim where the winner from the upper bracket gets a 1 set lead. I think this makes more sense since they have 2x 4h time slots for the finals.

Could be wrong though seeing how WCG screwed that whole double elim thing up.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 329 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 120
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 587
Artosis 461
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever409
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5736
Liquid`Hasu1357
Other Games
summit1g7399
shahzam525
byalli361
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 11m
Stellar Fest
14h 11m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.