• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8407 users

[TL R&D] T.R.O.L.L.S. - Page 54

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 66 Next
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-12 05:09:21
May 12 2013 04:35 GMT
#1061
Possibly dumb question, but does going into stasis cancel Mao's ult?

EDIT: Playing around with a bit on jungle Galio. Will be back with results. I feel he has potential-- Q isn't terrible for clear, W is a decent amount of sustain, and his ganks should be fairly strong.

Ran through a couple custom games by myself to around 10 minutes.
Game 1.
+ Show Spoiler +
Runes: flat armor/mpen/scaling mr/movespeed
Masteries: 0/21/9 (full tank basically)

1. Blue does a lot of damage, but with leash probably take a lot less damage
2. First clear took until 4:50, so not terrible I think
3. Used all 5 pots-- as said, probably due to no leash


Game 2.
+ Show Spoiler +
Runes: flat armor/mpen/scaling mr/armor quints
Masteries: 0/21/9 (same)

1. Took armor quints to try and make first clear easier
2. Only needed 3 pots on 1st clear, surprisingly big difference
3. Clear took 5:00, the movespeed hurts a bit


So Galio is really mana hungry. Even with blue buff, he is at risk of running OOM, though I did spam E to get around a bit faster. I actually bought chalice on first back. However once I stopped spamming like crazy, mana problems actually weren't too bad (I didn't even have blue at this point). The first clear felt a little rough, but honestly I don't think it's much worse than other junglers, and not getting that blue leash probably hurt.

W is really good sustain. I use it at wraiths and healed a ton and took no damage while clearing, which was pretty nice. You can pop it about once a camp, when you take wolves and wraiths you basically heal a hp pot's worth combined.

I think rushing aegis components and a twin shadows would be pretty good on him.

I kind of want to say he's dependent on getting a good gank off early, or the jungle will be harsh. Not sure though as I didn't jungle past 10 minutes in either game.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
May 12 2013 04:57 GMT
#1062
On May 12 2013 13:35 ticklishmusic wrote:
Possibly dumb question, but does going into stasis cancel Mao's ult?

EDIT: Playing around with a bit on jungle Galio. Will be back with results. I feel he has potential-- Q isn't terrible for clear, W is a decent amount of sustain, and his ganks should be fairly strong.


No

Jungle Galio? Oh god why...and no his ganks are poo. For serious though, he is just a really awful version of jungle Morg in every way.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
May 12 2013 07:37 GMT
#1063
On May 12 2013 09:06 Alaric wrote:
Ah, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I meant more in a "reliable" sense, since initiating is easier for Malphite (esp. with Flash down, Twisted Advance's 650 range shouldn't be easy to latch onto an enemy carry) and his diver role tends to make him "simpler" to use.
Maybe it's only subjective, but when playing them I often find that my role is less clearly-defined as Maokai, between engaging, diving, and peeling, depending on the flow of the game and item builds. Saplings certainly hurt a bunch if they hit a squishy, but I found it harder to get the explosion on the intended targets in teamfight, and I tend to only detonate my ult early if I know the fight will move (and I'll need the cd as soon as possible for another one) or if it will allow a kill on a key target, as part of a burst combo. Otherwise I really try to keep it up as long as needed/useful, leading to most non-diving opponents to get out of it at some point.
Then again, it's very possible I'm just failing at using the ult's potential and positioning it correctly to protect while maintaining enemy ranged into its AoE.


Basically, Maokai is harder to play in a teamfight. That's fair to point out; it takes strong prediction skills and experience to place and cancel his ult to it's maximum potential, and decent aim to land meaningful saplings. I probably wouldn't recommend Mid Maokai to a Bronze/Silver level player looking to carry themselves up the ladder unless they really wanted to commit to learning a tricky champion.

That said, Maokai fits somewhat into the Lee Sin/Orianna/Lissandra/Zed school of champions. His skills can be unwieldy or tricky to use properly, but given time and patience he can become extremely potent. It was easy for me to carry with him because I have a crapton of experience with him as a jungler. I imagine other experienced Maokai players might have similar experiences.

On May 12 2013 13:35 ticklishmusic wrote:
Possibly dumb question, but does going into stasis cancel Mao's ult?


No. It fits into the same category as Swain ult, maintained until either you run out of mana or turn it off. Incidentally if you are stunned/silenced/in stasis you can't turn it off (but it will stay on).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
May 12 2013 07:46 GMT
#1064
Yeah, in that case Zhonya's definitely worth it IMO. Shurleyas into possible flash W R Zhonya's is big damage.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-12 23:35:56
May 12 2013 19:09 GMT
#1065
Actually I vaguely remember Maokai's ult being canceled when you activate Zhonya's. Brb testing.

Confirmed that Zhonya's (or at least, Wooglet's) does NOT cancel Maokai ult. It will continue running and draining mana
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 12:21:10
May 13 2013 12:13 GMT
#1066
Was just thinking of an idea, let me know what you guys think.

Team Reset:
Kha'Zix (mid/top)
Kat (mid/top)
Yi (jungle)
Trist (adc)
Thresh/Blitz/Ali

Build Kha'Zix and Yi as a ArPen/tanky
Build Kat as MPen/tanky
Build Thresh/Blitz/Ali/Leona super tanky
Build Trist normally (need BotRK for self-peel)

The point is to get your three main reset champs resetting constantly. The waveclear on the team is pretty strong, and Yi can take Smite/TP for super splitpushing. Team seems weak to poke/hard CC comps and Trist really needs a BotRK for the self-peel because only the support can peel for Trist. Definitely some weak comps, but with Trist late game and the reset potential, I think this team could do well against certain teams.

Edit: Thresh/Blitz/Ali/Leona are there because they are tanky by nature and they have great initiation, unlike the rest of the team. Janna might also be a possible idea. She'd help with wave clear, peel, and a possible shurelias initiation.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
May 13 2013 14:55 GMT
#1067
You need poke, or you won't get the first reset off quickly enough.
Also, you probably don't want to bet all your assets on one thing. Having two reset-style heroes (AP yi, khazix?) should be enough, if others can provide CC.
Like, [hard engage jungler (mumu, sejuani etc)], Kha'zix, Yi, Ezrael, [support]...

I think this was also brought up a few pages back.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 16:05:29
May 13 2013 16:03 GMT
#1068
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 21:13:24
May 13 2013 18:51 GMT
#1069
I'd like to get a group of five going tonight if I can. It's been a while and there are a lot of things we've testing inhouse that could use testing in the wide, wide world. I'll start looking for people around 22:00 GMT (+00:00). Bonus if TL RnD gets together.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 13 2013 19:14 GMT
#1070
On May 14 2013 03:51 Seuss wrote:
I'd like to get a group of five going tonight if I can. It's been a while and there are a lot of things we've testing inhouse that could use testing in the wide, wide world. I'll start looking for people around [unparsable timestamp format]. Bonus if TL RnD gets together.

I'd be up for this dependent on the time. I really miss playing stuff other than ARAMs.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
May 13 2013 19:15 GMT
#1071
I can probably be around
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Arekan
Profile Joined February 2011
United States248 Posts
May 13 2013 20:26 GMT
#1072
I'll def be around pending on what time we plan on getting started.
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
May 13 2013 20:43 GMT
#1073
--- Nuked ---
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
May 13 2013 21:14 GMT
#1074
22:00 GMT (+00:00) is when I'm looking to start grabbing people. I tried to say that before but I left out the PM so TL couldn't parse it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 13 2013 21:15 GMT
#1075
Yeah definitely not going to be able to show up that early.
Have fun!
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
May 14 2013 00:28 GMT
#1076
--- Nuked ---
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
May 14 2013 02:34 GMT
#1077
It was overkill in that game, but I do want to test teleport support leona more in future gatherings.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
May 14 2013 05:55 GMT
#1078
tried a couple games of tele-push

so the idea is definitely fun and workable, but we need to work on not giving up a ton of kills early.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
May 14 2013 13:20 GMT
#1079
from the three games I played, success list: blitz/annie bot lane (susprisingly not dependent on hooks), armorshred team, support urgot, jungle karth, maokai mid, first red buff for bot lane

fail list: junglefarm gp, rugfeeder annie in teamfights
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 17:55:28
May 14 2013 17:54 GMT
#1080
On May 14 2013 03:51 Seuss wrote:
I'd like to get a group of five going tonight if I can. It's been a while and there are a lot of things we've testing inhouse that could use testing in the wide, wide world. I'll start looking for people around 22:00 GMT (+00:00). Bonus if TL RnD gets together.

Nat and I will be around until a bit before 7pm EDT, then we have to leave for a bit, but we'll be back later in the evening.

Derp, that was yesterday? TL Korean Dates OP.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1525
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 420
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC185
ZombieGrub101
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 185
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck382
ToD219
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade318
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.