• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:41
CEST 05:41
KST 12:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9872 users

[Champion] Heimerdinger - Page 3

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
October 31 2013 14:08 GMT
#41
I haven't tried placing all of my turrets together in a nest for fear of them getting AoE sniped. I kept them spread across the mid lane and dumped on a Kass in my first ranked game with new heimy.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 31 2013 17:00 GMT
#42
On October 31 2013 23:08 Ghost-z wrote:
I haven't tried placing all of my turrets together in a nest for fear of them getting AoE sniped. I kept them spread across the mid lane and dumped on a Kass in my first ranked game with new heimy.


Gotta make that Venn Diagram, yo

I'm loving this new Heimer. He's probably too strong, and he will likely become FotM/ban status (which means I won't play him, which makes me sad).
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
October 31 2013 17:38 GMT
#43
I still think he sucks but am ready to be convinced
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
October 31 2013 17:50 GMT
#44
I just don't see how he is too strong. I think he is on an okay level. I agree with the post that criticized his minion clearing ability.
And all is illuminated.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
October 31 2013 18:37 GMT
#45
On October 31 2013 19:24 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I don't think that effort is a good argument for a champ because if he's played at full potential that doesn't matter. It's hard to insec but does that make lee any less good? Maybe at low levels.

I think he's yet to be cracked, to be honest.


The point isn't that it takes more effort, the point is if you have to spread your rockets perfectly to farm even half way effectively, and you're probably not going to do that 100% of the time because it is non-trivial. Best case scenario when farming, you break even with what you used to be able to, but the cdr is 1 second longer.

Put another way: aiming this skill against multiple targets and having your spread controlled to a high degree of precision is an absolutely absurd expectation. That's fine against champions, against minions I think that's a bit ridiculous in light of how poor his turrets are at clearing now.
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
November 05 2013 19:14 GMT
#46
How are we supposed to skill up Heimer?
I know E is our 1-point wonder but is it best skilled at level 2, 3 or 4? (level 1 on invades)
I would assume maxing W against anyone who can kill turrets easily and maxing Q against others.

Is it purely matchup based, playstyle based, or is maxing one almost universally better?

I've been maxing Rockets to harass and using my turrets as a safety net (preventing the wave from reaching my tower). It's really safe against ganks because I don't push the wave hard early and they end up tanking 3 turrets + tower in order to dive me. The feeling I've been getting from the general thread is that you just max Q and shove the lane repeatedly. The only problem with that is if they can easily kill your turrets and even rank 5 Q takes 20 seconds to build a new turret.

My skills WQEWWR into R>W>Q>E
I keep 2-3 turrets just outside of my tower range and place one turret in the river bush if my lane starts pushing. Since my turrets aren't getting killed i usually have 1-2 stored to shove the lane if my enemy tries to roam or base.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 05 2013 19:33 GMT
#47
I've personally been going QEWQQR, R>Q>W>E. I like E at lvl 2 in case of early gank/aggression, and rank 1 W really isn't worth having at lvl 2 imo.

I pretty much just auto push, and have my nest of turrets scattered around the middle of the lane. I try to be aware of ganks as much as possible, and if they do, they end up in my nest of turrets (unless they're being heavy cleared by enemy laner).

It's still a work in progress, and he needs to be fleshed out more. I think it may be situational/dictated by play style, but still working on figuring him out.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 10:05:20
November 15 2013 09:10 GMT
#48
I just played against Heim for the first time. Not sure how you're supposed to ever gank Heim when he has so many turrets defending him. Their scaling is ridiculous.

Or if you're a melee champion and he maxes Q, I'm not sure how you're supposed to stop the slow push of turrets.

How much life do the turrets have? I was maxing Q on Kayle and at one point I 1 shotted one, and then I was like "yeah, figured out his weakness". But then a few levels later my Q didn't kill the turrets and the big turret has much more life than the little ones.

edit: Ah they have scaling life armor and mr.

Maybe you can blow them up with AoE though late game.
Syndra can knock one out without getting too close. Nunu can consume one but would take damage getting to it.
You could get smite and get a champion who builds spell vamp. Every smite heals you for X% of 490-1000 during laning which is a decent amount. Then late game you and the jungler can take out 2 turrets out of the 3/4 every fight.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 15 2013 14:48 GMT
#49
Yes, they melt to AoE. The turrets are really quite squishy and have an awkward time in the early mid game where I feel they just disappear with a strong breeze.

But yes, if he maxes Q (which he should be, imo), and you decide to fight within his turrets, you're gonna have a bad time.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
February 04 2014 19:54 GMT
#50
Does anyone know how to play vs Syndra? Both times I had to lane vs her, I was completely destroyed and had no idea what to do. T_T
Moderator。◕‿◕。
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
February 05 2014 11:13 GMT
#51
I don't really know but I'm just curious, can she grab your turret ?
n_n
Nisyax
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Netherlands756 Posts
February 09 2014 17:03 GMT
#52
On February 05 2014 20:13 FaCE_1 wrote:
I don't really know but I'm just curious, can she grab your turret ?


Yes, which makes them totally useless against her in lane.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
February 09 2014 20:36 GMT
#53
You have absolutely 0 chance against a champ like syndra. Heimer is trash against long range champions, he shines against melees because of his turrets.... well at least early because after that he's honestly almost worse than before his remake. Turrets get melted by aoe, don't even deal that much in the mid-late game and his W and E don't even scale that well AND have long cooldowns on top of being skillshots.

Honestly i've given up on the donger, even the games where I lane against a melee and get a double kill 1v2 (because they have a melee jungler and I just dance around turrets with barrier) I'm completely useless after that because W and E both have 1 or 2 points (since you max Q) and to be effective you have to land everything perfectly plus have people walking into your turrets which by some miracle need not to get oneshoted by aoes.

To sum it up he needs all the stars to align to be just a bit useful.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
PiLiPiLi 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE146
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 693
Other Games
summit1g8273
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft466
C9.Mang0292
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1101
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 20m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 20m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.