• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:16
CEST 05:16
KST 12:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9319 users

[Champion] Kayle

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 00:17:24
November 03 2010 23:07 GMT
#1
Well since you guys started up our own sub-forums I decided to ask this here. I wanted to learn some new carries besides ashe/trist/mf, but I'm not 100% positive on her build? Tell me what you see wrong with this.

Masteries: 0/9/21 with SoS in defense.

Runes: Apen Red/Purp and Mp5pl blue/yellow

Items: D-ring x3 basic boots
GRB + zerker greaves (If you're doing good right now triple elixir)
Malady or BF sword or Nashor ( Triple pot again)

Skills: Q E W, then R>Q>W>E


Phost's Guide to Kayle
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 03 2010 23:12 GMT
#2
ze, mebbe the thread was closed a bit prematurely

we're trying to make dedicated threads for all the champs, also i think the 'off topic' thread is currently serving as the q & a thread temporarily while we get things sorted out
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
November 03 2010 23:12 GMT
#3
Not sure why you open 3 Doran's Rings unless you're absolutely getting stomped in lane, it just delays your GRB. Otherwise it seems like you have the right idea, although I would personally open with E for last hitting. Plus, Q isn't so great early on since it's so mana intensive and most of the damage comes from Q + autoattacks, which you'd want your E for. I go E W Q then R>W>Q>E most of the time but I just rice for half the game with Kayle.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 03 2010 23:18 GMT
#4
On November 04 2010 08:12 TieN.nS) wrote:
Not sure why you open 3 Doran's Rings unless you're absolutely getting stomped in lane, it just delays your GRB. Otherwise it seems like you have the right idea, although I would personally open with E for last hitting. Plus, Q isn't so great early on since it's so mana intensive and most of the damage comes from Q + autoattacks, which you'd want your E for. I go E W Q then R>W>Q>E most of the time but I just rice for half the game with Kayle.

Is leveling E first viable at all?

I've been starting to play Kayle again, and it seems like finishing E by the time you finish your GRB would be desirable, since it lets you keep 100% E uptime with blue elixir + golem buff.
Moderator
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
November 03 2010 23:20 GMT
#5
My guide from eons ago is still valid (i hope i updated it kind of recently) I will post it soonish.
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-03 23:21:28
November 03 2010 23:20 GMT
#6
imo your q + w are soooo awesome that its hard to pass up those two for e. I max q first unless i'm in a really hard lane

edit: also, lol, i guess this can just turn into the kayle thread
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Lunek
Profile Joined October 2010
Poland164 Posts
November 03 2010 23:21 GMT
#7
I'm personally big fan of yomumu ghostblade on kayle. Her main source of damage is physical damage, even with E active. It also increases her yomumu's active duration when you use auto attack while E buffed( its considered as meele attack, even if its ranged afaik)
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
November 03 2010 23:23 GMT
#8
On November 04 2010 08:18 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 08:12 TieN.nS) wrote:
Not sure why you open 3 Doran's Rings unless you're absolutely getting stomped in lane, it just delays your GRB. Otherwise it seems like you have the right idea, although I would personally open with E for last hitting. Plus, Q isn't so great early on since it's so mana intensive and most of the damage comes from Q + autoattacks, which you'd want your E for. I go E W Q then R>W>Q>E most of the time but I just rice for half the game with Kayle.

Is leveling E first viable at all?

I've been starting to play Kayle again, and it seems like finishing E by the time you finish your GRB would be desirable, since it lets you keep 100% E uptime with blue elixir + golem buff.


Eh, all you need E for is the range anyway. All of her skills scale pretty poorly so it doesn't really make that huge of a difference, but I like the lanestaying power leveling W first gives (and if I'm not getting my heal, I'd rather level my damage amplifier in Q). I used to level E first for that same reason but I don't think it's that important. Again, I do just rice with minimal harassment in lane with Kayle so YMMV.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
November 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#9
I like starting with 9-0-21 because which SOS is still imba, the 15% benefit is helpful at all stages of the game and with mp5/lvl blues and ylw w should be enough for healing and lanestaying power

I dislike stacking trip dorans on kayle seeing as runes and meditation r usually quite sufficient for mana and rushing grb provides so much more ap for not even that much more gold. I start dorans grb zerkers and then depending on the game get ghostblade or malady. Malady if there r enough dps casters that can benefit and ghostblade if not bcuz the arpen and active is such nice burst for kayles q e auto burst. Stack red green blue and win. This build is best if u can get a solo and know how to rice well.

As for runes, I think arpen reds mana blues n ylw are solid. Quints r up to the player, I know a friend who swears by movespeed to allow for easier setup of his q e but isn't that what u can use w for lol? I dig arpen on the quints as well, although im sure ap, hp, and flat damage are all viable on her
Hey! Listen!
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
November 03 2010 23:29 GMT
#10
On November 04 2010 08:23 TieN.nS) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 08:18 TheYango wrote:
On November 04 2010 08:12 TieN.nS) wrote:
Not sure why you open 3 Doran's Rings unless you're absolutely getting stomped in lane, it just delays your GRB. Otherwise it seems like you have the right idea, although I would personally open with E for last hitting. Plus, Q isn't so great early on since it's so mana intensive and most of the damage comes from Q + autoattacks, which you'd want your E for. I go E W Q then R>W>Q>E most of the time but I just rice for half the game with Kayle.

Is leveling E first viable at all?

I've been starting to play Kayle again, and it seems like finishing E by the time you finish your GRB would be desirable, since it lets you keep 100% E uptime with blue elixir + golem buff.


Eh, all you need E for is the range anyway. All of her skills scale pretty poorly so it doesn't really make that huge of a difference, but I like the lanestaying power leveling W first gives (and if I'm not getting my heal, I'd rather level my damage amplifier in Q). I used to level E first for that same reason but I don't think it's that important. Again, I do just rice with minimal harassment in lane with Kayle so YMMV.


Ya Against fairly competent opps u won't be able to get too many autos with e on your own opponent so I think q is generally the more solid of the two skills to level up first. But hell as long as u lvl w first and rice up you should be plenty strong by the first teamfigt Nehow haha
Fk itouches so annoying to type on
Hey! Listen!
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-03 23:32:17
November 03 2010 23:30 GMT
#11
The triple d-ring was justt something I did a game ago because since I do it with all my other range carries via d-blade, I might as well "try " it.

Also yah I do Q first because of the dmg amplification, but i could see doing W first for lane staying power and for the speed boost earlier.
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-03 23:33:03
November 03 2010 23:32 GMT
#12
What i've been doing (and I've been messing around with a bunch of different builds)

Doran's Ring
Boots 1
Brutalizer
Zerk Greaves
Ghostblade
Rageblade
Brutalizer
POTS POTS POTS

(as lunek noted attacking extends ghostblade's active duration even if you have E on btw)

Another one

Doran's Ring
Boots 1
Zerk Greaves
Rageblade
Malady
POTS POTS POTS

My skill order is

E
W
E
Q

and level E > W > Q from there. I save my first skillpoint until I need it just in case things go wrong.

Levels in E will help you farm which is really important. The cooldown going down is huge, your other skills have flat cooldowns.

You're the best hero in the game to receive buffs imo so always take them if you can.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
November 03 2010 23:34 GMT
#13
Rageblade after Ghostblade is bad. I don't care to do the math but I'm pretty sure just based on her passive Rageblade is a much bigger item.
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
November 03 2010 23:36 GMT
#14
General:
Q is a nuke that increases the damage that the target takes in addition to slowing. Use this to focus someone down and whenever possible continue to attack the person you nuked.

W is a heal with a move speed bonus. You can use this for longetivity or for chasing.

E is what basically makes kayle scary. With a decent amount of cooldown reduction it's duration and cooldown are about the same at max level, effectively making you into a ranged champion.

R is now on a short cooldown with a very short duration. A well timed ult can turn a gank around in a huge way or be used to bait a ton of damage. I frequently use it for tower diving.



Setup:
Runes - ASPD marks, mp5 per level seals and glyphs, flat HP quintessences.
Mastery- 0/9/21
Summoner spells - I usually run with Ghost/Flash. Ignite and Cleanse are also fine instead of Flash.
Champion skills - > EWQ then R>E>W>Q unless you're being harassed a lot, then W>E

Items -
Start - Doran's ring, hp potion
first trip to base - basic boots, and blasting wand or pick axe
2nd trip to base - Berserker Greaves (or if there is a lot of cc merc treads, but later), Finish rageblade

Eventually you'll want to finish a malady and Yomumu's Ghostblade after this. After those 5 items the game should be close to over but if it's not I suggest getting hextech gunblade started because you're probably facing some pretty tanky champions that you'll need the lifesteal to beat.

Strategy:
By picking hp quints, strength of spirit, and doran's ring, you will start with a ton of hp (something around just shy of 750) at level 1 and make it very easy to hold your ground. Generally I spent 99% of my early game just focusing on last hitting. After level 3 it is extremely unlikely that any champion will be able to kill you outright unless you make a big mistake. If the enemy does not harass you a lot and force you into using Divine Blessing (w) often then you can use Righteous Fury (e) and harass them.

Generally I'd say try to get red and blue buffs whenever possible after getting level 2 boots and a rageblade. With blue buff and the utility masteries your spells are almost max CDR so E comes off CD nearly as its effect wears off.

Make good use of kiting with kayle's superior move speed with W and her slow. You should never get killed by most melee champions.

Use Kayle's ult to turn the tide of a battle by making an enemy waste as much damage as possible. You can also use it to surprise an opponent when theyre trying to 1v1 you in the mid game.

Try not to be a dick and ks people once you have your 4 main items. She doesn't gain much from additional gold.
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 03 2010 23:37 GMT
#15
On November 04 2010 08:34 TieN.nS) wrote:
Rageblade after Ghostblade is bad. I don't care to do the math but I'm pretty sure just based on her passive Rageblade is a much bigger item.


Tried it both ways, don't agree.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 03 2010 23:45 GMT
#16


Op needs to update with all these new guides. Just add like a quick and dirty description of the guide with a link to the post in question.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
November 03 2010 23:52 GMT
#17
On November 04 2010 08:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 08:34 TieN.nS) wrote:
Rageblade after Ghostblade is bad. I don't care to do the math but I'm pretty sure just based on her passive Rageblade is a much bigger item.


Tried it both ways, don't agree.

Kayles dps with rageblade and zerks is superior in a teamfight lasting longer than 8 seconds (I think it might be better than ghostblade if comparing full stack rb and youmuu active) and i try to start a teamfight as kayle as soon as I get those two items. In general it's kayles core item because her skills give her survivability throughout a teamfight, not just the few seconds her ult is up; being able to dish out full grb stacks with ur zerks throughout a teamfight that makes kayle her own class of hard to take down ranged carry
Hey! Listen!
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
November 03 2010 23:55 GMT
#18
On November 04 2010 08:45 barbsq wrote:


Op needs to update with all these new guides. Just add like a quick and dirty description of the guide with a link to the post in question.


I dont know how to do any of that =/
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 04 2010 00:00 GMT
#19
On November 04 2010 08:55 Aukai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 08:45 barbsq wrote:


Op needs to update with all these new guides. Just add like a quick and dirty description of the guide with a link to the post in question.


I dont know how to do any of that =/


ze, #1

click edit on your post, that will let you change shit

click the # sign on the other ppl's post, then copy the link in your url bar thingamajig and paste it in your edit

add a description or w/e
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
November 04 2010 00:20 GMT
#20
I added phost's, just let me know what you think is link worthy and i will link it
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1957
GuemChi 1428
NotJumperer 211
910 73
Bale 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 440
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox620
Mew2King26
Other Games
summit1g8165
Doublelift1807
JimRising 597
C9.Mang0365
PiGStarcraft302
WinterStarcraft231
Maynarde123
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1006
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo530
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 44m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.