• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 82 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 13 2014 03:21 GMT
#101
Fun note: Mordekaiser's R also has a 4% per 100 AP ratio, but half of it is DoT and almost never utilized due to how slow it is.

The tree's W only lacks (slightly) in terms of base damage. However, it is also a gap closer plus it has a fairly short cooldown.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-13 05:28:13
August 13 2014 03:43 GMT
#102
What are you guys currently banning? I'm banning Mao/Nid/Yasuo/Talon/Eve/Morg/Braum/Trist in no particular order. I leave Maokai up if I'm fp and I always ban Yasuo, but everything else is basically up to feel. Talon is a really, really good champ right now.

Both Talon and Tryndamere mid are underrated as counterpicks to many mages. Fiora is still insane top in pretty much any matchup and I've been playing with a d1 who mains Rumble mid, which I think is really strong right now too. If Maokai gets through for some weird reason, Shyvana actually crushes him by just rushing Visage -> BotRK. Vayne/Trist/Kog are really strong right now and all generally better picks than Lucian, but they're support-dependent. Sona is a good pick right now and can really let your hypercarries farm or bully in matchups that they used to lose, and Janna's stronger than she might seem. Miss Fortune is a sleeper pick against any lane that doesn't have Sona in it. Strongest jungles at the moment imo are Jarvan, Amumu, Elise, and Eve, but the jungle doesn't have any standouts as far as I'm concerned because Lee/WW/Nunu/Fid are all very strong situational picks.

On August 13 2014 12:20 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
5hit I just noticed youre in the same Diamond 2 as a close friend of mine and I laughed absurdly hard.

The games are starting to actually get hard. I lost lane for the first time since like d5 on MF. I think Sona players being on the rise makes MF a little less dominant in lane. Going to try reverting to Q max against Sona supports because the sustain/shield is really strong against E max.

In other news, I'm aiming to be the #1 MF worldwide on Lolskill. Currently rank 281, might go up when it updates today!

[didn't wanna double post]
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
August 13 2014 05:35 GMT
#103
On August 13 2014 11:59 JimmiC wrote:

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 11:28 miicah wrote:
Maokai's a pretty cool dude and we're always happy to see a magical tree beating up dragons and yordles, but having a 100% uptime on Vengeful Maelstrom doesn't offer many windows of opportunity (otherwise known as counterplay!), and we may have overshot slightly on his base power.


I really don't understand Riots logic sometimes, if Maokai's R uptime is a problem why does his W need to be nerfed alongside it? Just change the ult and see what happens, if he is still overplayed or too strong, THEN change the W.



I really don't understand your logic, if the patch is the problem then why complain about it before it goes live? And then if it's still bad and not necessary complain about it.


Because the ult nerf alone may be enough to tone him down. Or alternatively maybe go through with the W nerf (as 5hit pointed out it is super strong, I didn't realise that) and look at the ult next patch. Overall this is just another example of why Riot should really think before they bring such huge changes into the game this close to worlds.
@miicah88
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 13 2014 07:02 GMT
#104
--- Nuked ---
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 13 2014 07:16 GMT
#105
What am I banning?

Fizz, because people on my level seem to feed him a lot, as he mostly win his lane and roams 24/7 and people keep feeding him enormous amount of kills.
Morgana, because being hit with that Q root hurts a lot and her ult is annoying to deal with.
Yasuo, because he's Yasuo.
Braum because his passive is one annoying piece of crap to deal with in teamfights.
Eve, because I hate stealth champions and people won't buy pink wards to prevent ganks.

Also I used to ban Jax but I don't anymore as there are more important champs to be banned.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-13 07:38:20
August 13 2014 07:36 GMT
#106
On August 13 2014 16:02 krndandaman wrote:
trist, braum, alistar, yasuo, lee, mao

alistar is so fuckin broken atm.


also isn't sona good for mf? I remember sona being my favorite support to play with when playing mf

i think alistar's very strong, but personally don't think he's broken. You can counter pick him pretty easily. I've had a really hard time against Nid and a well-played Maokai. Nasus also "wins" that matchup really hard since Ali can't really bully Nasus out of lane and Nasus effectively gets free farm and free Q stacking in that matchup.

Although I will say it's kinda hilarious how many champs are quickly surging up to top tier status with simple mana cost reductions. Mao got (mostly) mana cost reductions and is now a must pick/ban. Alistar appears to be going down the same road. Just goes to show how important gating is.

RE: Bans, Jax is also a lot easier to shut down now too after the hp nerfs. He can't afford to just go Triforce+Bork every game and be ok. He has to fit in an earlier defensive item, which is also a bit tricky since all the defensive items got nerfed.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 13 2014 07:39 GMT
#107
If it comes to Alistar, in my recent games, if enemy team is picking Alistar top, some guy from my team insta locks Vlad. Last game our Vlad rekt Ali top pretty hard and I think it should work pretty well, to be honest.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
August 13 2014 07:44 GMT
#108
I find it hard to disagree with this patch. Sure more buffs for other champs (pls Brand needs love...) would be nice, but I like the other changes, especially the Ori one. I hate that champ.

My bans:

Generally I ban Yasuo, Braum and Eve. They all make the game less fun due to the nature of their kits. Sometimes I throw in random bans like Caitlyn to mess with people.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 13 2014 07:51 GMT
#109
On August 13 2014 16:39 739 wrote:
If it comes to Alistar, in my recent games, if enemy team is picking Alistar top, some guy from my team insta locks Vlad. Last game our Vlad rekt Ali top pretty hard and I think it should work pretty well, to be honest.

oh yea, I got completely wrecked by a Vlad as a Alistar, too. It's disgusting. Vlad's sustain early on isn't great, but it's more than enough for Alistar's sparse harass. By the time Ali gets a Sheen/enough AP to really harass Vlad, Vlad should have revolver plus enough levels to sustain through everything. Plus he's ranged.

Although I do think any Alistar matchup is winnable for the Alistar if he gets good jungle support. Ali has one of the best gank assist in the game.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 13 2014 08:24 GMT
#110
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/812-pbe-update-2.html
Full metal/mecha yasuo screenshots are out, looks sick
(Also essence reaver down 200g literally essence reaver meta!?)
Glorious SEA doto
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 13 2014 08:24 GMT
#111
I haven't played since Maokai got popular (some teambuilder but no ranked in 2-3 weeks), so I'm not sure and it'd depend of how he can be dealt with later (he'd work as a better Nautilus, and people in soloQ already don't get than once they're tagged with my passive they can pretty much ignore me insted of trying to kill the ~600 HP shields juggernaut, so Mao's prob a teamfighting god since he doesn't have to care as much about mana anymore). I don't think Irelia nor post-nerf Jax would do too hot against him in lane.

Braum, Tristana unless someone asks for it (and isn't 5th pick >>), Maokai/Alistar (as said, depends but they'd prob end up there), Kassadin, and whatever low skill floor passive pick gets popular (like Gragas, I tend to ban Ziggs whenever I have a ban available to).

5HIT was saying he has trouble against Sona as MF.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 13 2014 08:33 GMT
#112
I can't wait for Gnar to go live and immediately recieve permaban status. I've watched streamers play him and the kit on this champ is just ridiculous. Without a doubt the most ridiculously OP (on paper) release since lee sin. All for the very simple reason that they neglected to give him a mana bar. As it is now, there is no reason to not throw your cross-screen boomerang, all the time. Every second it's not flying is wasted. It's like a nidalee that never stops chucking spears.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
August 13 2014 08:34 GMT
#113
On August 13 2014 16:36 Ryuu314 wrote:

Although I will say it's kinda hilarious how many champs are quickly surging up to top tier status with simple mana cost reductions. Mao got (mostly) mana cost reductions and is now a must pick/ban. Alistar appears to be going down the same road. Just goes to show how important gating is.


Ahri's getting popular again as well.

I started to ignore Yasuo because I thought they nerfed Q CD to 1.6s but they only changed min cast time >_> Probably gonna start banning him again
Liquipedia"Expert"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 13 2014 08:36 GMT
#114
On August 13 2014 16:16 739 wrote:
What am I banning?

Fizz, because people on my level seem to feed him a lot, as he mostly win his lane and roams 24/7 and people keep feeding him enormous amount of kills.

Fizz is permaban status for me. There's a reason he always wins lane and always roams and always gets enormous amounts of kills. It's because his kit is retarded.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 13 2014 08:36 GMT
#115
On August 13 2014 17:33 Osmoses wrote:
I can't wait for Gnar to go live and immediately recieve permaban status. I've watched streamers play him and the kit on this champ is just ridiculous. Without a doubt the most ridiculously OP (on paper) release since lee sin. All for the very simple reason that they neglected to give him a mana bar. As it is now, there is no reason to not throw your cross-screen boomerang, all the time. Every second it's not flying is wasted. It's like a nidalee that never stops chucking spears.

Won't you just transform super fast if you do this? Also free skillshots to the face, Draven style.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-13 08:40:07
August 13 2014 08:38 GMT
#116
On August 13 2014 17:36 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 16:16 739 wrote:
What am I banning?

Fizz, because people on my level seem to feed him a lot, as he mostly win his lane and roams 24/7 and people keep feeding him enormous amount of kills.

Fizz is permaban status for me. There's a reason he always wins lane and always roams and always gets enormous amounts of kills. It's because his kit is retarded.

I'd ban fizz but denying my team yasuo takes priority. How do these solo queue yasuos always get solo killed I ain't even mad I'm impressed at some of the shit a solo queue yasuo can do.
My favourite was a yasuo jerking himself off to getting the yasuo vs lux match up, dies 3 times in 5 minutes which in itself is impressive and then on the 4th death he doesn't windwall the binding or E follow up and instead waits for the ult which isn't stopped by windwall, it was at that point did I realise I was going to lose even though our ryze was wrecking face at top lane.
Glorious SEA doto
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 13 2014 08:38 GMT
#117
Not exactly super fast, but even if you do, so what, from what I can tell there's no downside to his angry form :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 13 2014 08:53 GMT
#118
Getting ganked when you revert back since you're in melee range, especially if E is on cd (or you didn't time your transformation with having a wave incoming as you transform back), I guess. You'll technically do less damage to Mega Gnar (iirc he reverts based on %HP rather than just losing the flat bonus health, to prevent his passive giving him sustain through the hp5 bonus and bonus health like Renekton/Nasus/Lulu would do, and he has bonus resistances) but if you've managed to trade with Mini before he transforms then he'll have a harder time sustaining it back up.
Although I forgot that he got a MS buff upon transforming back to still be able to run away...

I don't think I've seen more than 2, maybe 3 good Yasuo. The vast majority simply lost before he became relevant, and amongst the others there were the cases where the game went late and their mechanics didn't matter as he did so much dps he only needed to have a good synergy pick and press R to do his job, and the cases where he got ahead due to stuff like counterganks and spamming E mindlessly on an incoming wave to catch up to someone moreso than actual decision-making, reaching his items earlier.
I'm not saying Yasuo is the kind of mindless spambot with a cellar for a skillfloor like Riven (Wind Wall still super annoying in terms of safety/fallback), only that I haven't encountered many players actually good at him. Typing that it reminds me of release Zed, who had room for a lot of cool stuff but a very low skillfloor so most players only facerolled and he seemed bland as a consequence (the change to his ult's shadow helped a lot change that).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 13 2014 09:25 GMT
#119
My personal ban list is: Mao, the Cow, Trist, Yasuo, Morg, Braum, Fizz, Nidalee, in no particular order.

Also, has Kass finally fallen off permaban status? I want to say no, but I'm not so sure.
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
August 13 2014 09:42 GMT
#120
tuned into gamescom stream for 2 minutes. Saw a lucian dash INTO 4 people to try kill a full hp elise.

yeah i think ill just read reddit to see the results of this.
Forever ZeNEX.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 645
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC290
Rex129
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 290
ProTech158
Rex 129
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56954
Jaedong 1481
firebathero 1294
Hyuk 812
EffOrt 675
Soma 641
Horang2 495
Soulkey 484
Mini 473
BeSt 458
[ Show more ]
Last 328
Larva 319
ZerO 297
Zeus 264
Stork 260
Rush 228
Light 191
Snow 167
ggaemo 156
Killer 77
hero 70
Mind 62
Pusan 48
Free 45
Sharp 37
Shinee 35
Shine 30
JYJ 25
Bale 23
sorry 22
ToSsGirL 21
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 13
Trap 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Rock 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11954
Dendi735
qojqva603
Counter-Strike
Fnx 606
markeloff427
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1999
Khaldor1826
Other Games
gofns50357
singsing2074
ArmadaUGS1877
olofmeister1476
B2W.Neo901
hiko554
byalli385
XBOCT283
Pyrionflax202
Liquid`VortiX161
Mew2King76
QueenE65
ZerO(Twitch)16
Railgan9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1318
League of Legends
• Jankos1600
• Nemesis1395
• TFBlade585
Other Games
• WagamamaTV212
• Shiphtur89
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 45m
OSC
22h 45m
Stellar Fest
22h 45m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.