• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:29
CEST 03:29
KST 10:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8226 users

[Patch 4.13] Sona Update General Discussion - Page 17

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 76 Next
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 31 2014 22:55 GMT
#321
update on cheesing the summoner icons, just played a game as Shaco as "tank" and got credit so still stumped on playing Vel'Koz bot as a mage
Carrilord has arrived.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 31 2014 23:41 GMT
#322
Oh my god top lane maokai is so hard what the fuck, I thought he'd be easy and straight forward with all that sustain and poke but I just get shit on all the time.
Glorious SEA doto
Senorcuidado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States700 Posts
August 01 2014 00:01 GMT
#323
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 00:07:30
August 01 2014 00:06 GMT
#324
Theres nothing better then watching one of your enemies go 12-1 as leona only to Q-W-E-R-Q-Exhaust trololol them into uselessness in a teamfight

Only to then watch your teammates focus the 2-5 tank or some shit D:
Useless wet fish.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 01 2014 00:14 GMT
#325
On August 01 2014 08:41 Fusilero wrote:
Oh my god top lane maokai is so hard what the fuck, I thought he'd be easy and straight forward with all that sustain and poke but I just get shit on all the time.

What are you maxing and in what matchup? He can do fine against most lanes that I've played so far.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 01 2014 02:13 GMT
#326
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 02:59:05
August 01 2014 02:58 GMT
#327
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
August 01 2014 03:12 GMT
#328
On August 01 2014 11:58 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.

you just q when the leona E comes out and it's like automatic, it's way easier than you might think lol
Bronze player stuck in platinum
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 03:18:41
August 01 2014 03:16 GMT
#329
On August 01 2014 06:52 Goumindong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 04:44 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On July 31 2014 20:54 padfoota wrote:
On July 31 2014 10:01 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Janna's really good against Tristana. I played a MF/Janna lane vs Morg/Trist and Janna caught Trist mid-jump 2 times with a tornado for kills when she otherwise would have escaped. The Trist was overextending technically because that possibility exists, but literally nobody was prepared for it happening because I'm sure nobody but my Janna knew what she intended to happen.

MF and Wukong are my top two and they're 69% and 78% respectively. Hopefully I can make D1 this season, I'm in promos for D2 right now


No. Thresh rapes tristana. If you want to absolutely shut down a tristana, thresh is the way to go. If you get in range to flay her back, your Q will never miss, since the delay for her W and your Q is practically the same. If she tries to jump away before you flay, your flay will bring her back down immediately. Her jump is also easily hookable in mid air if you just Q anywhere in the flight path since trist will technically "catch it" in mid air.
I love trist and I play extremely aggressive with her (standard chinese server), so having a thresh straight up trashing me in the face was very haunting.

Granted, Im not sure how aggressive ADCs are on your server, but if you want a good idea, lane vs Vasili to get a feel of how we play laning phase here on the asian servers. Our Sword of the Occult is already named after Draven due to a certain famous Draven player, and the only proper way to play Draven now is to tower dive all the time (as long as you trade 1-1 you win)
We learn the game by over extending all the time, and the difference between a diamond and gold is that they are even more aggressive, yet the aggression is refined, and they somehow get away with it too.

If you main trist, ban thresh if you want a good time. On the other hand, any aggressive but non-all in support works for trist..
Especially a certain yordle.

I'm not arguing with you, but you didn't disprove my point. Janna is good against Trist.


No. MF is good against trist (and Morg). Janna is simply good if your AD is stronger, especially if you have a counter.

Even then Janna should not have been able to interrupt trists jump without trist or MF or both being incredibly out of position.

I thought the same until I played with this strong diamond Janna main. Your ADC's ability to trade is so much stronger when they have a free shield and an AD steroid. W creates spots to force escapes and Q can interrupt a lot of things, and that's not even taking the free movespeed and her ult's disengage/ability to change all-ins. I mean obviously more aggressive ADCs are going to be able to take advantage of this more than, say, Graves or Corki, but still, I think you underestimate how much pressure Janna puts off against Tristana in a lane with no sustain. She covers a lot of weaknesses, harasses really well with W/E + autos, and has really good disengage/interrupts.

I'm still of the opinion that Janna is good against Tristana. Two of Trist's biggest weaknesses in the early game are range and sustain. Janna makes both of those harder for Trist. Trading with Janna is hard when shield negates E and all-in isn't really an option unless there's a huge misplay because of her entire kit being good at disengage and protect as well as harass. QWQ with a shield on your ADC nets a ton of free damage and Tornado helps control the wave against strong pushers like Trist/Lucian/Cait.

I will state for the record that I pick MF into every matchup, though. She's ridiculous and extremely underrated.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 01 2014 03:22 GMT
#330
On August 01 2014 12:12 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 11:58 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.

you just q when the leona E comes out and it's like automatic, it's way easier than you might think lol

Meh. Usually even if you tornado the e you barely win the trade. From what I've seen you only need to avoid the tornado one in three or one in four times to come out ahead as leona. Personally, I think both Janna and Gragas Q need to lose the charge mechanic, for their kits as a whole to work long term.
Freeeeeeedom
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 01 2014 03:59 GMT
#331
On August 01 2014 12:12 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 11:58 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.

you just q when the leona E comes out and it's like automatic, it's way easier than you might think lol

Yeah you can miss her by half a mile but she'll pull herself into the tornado anyway.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 01 2014 04:12 GMT
#332
On August 01 2014 12:12 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 11:58 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.

you just q when the leona E comes out and it's like automatic, it's way easier than you might think lol

if you Q too early Leona's E will pull her anyways.

The problem is that if the Janna plays perfectly then yea, she wins the lane. But she fucks up once and the Leona can snowball hard from there.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 05:49:22
August 01 2014 05:47 GMT
#333
On August 01 2014 04:42 GettingIt wrote:
My body is ready
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

With the funding they get they can probably afford a really good team. Youporn CLG or Youporn TSM inc. Maybe Youporn VG or something if dota.

It's gonna be kinda weird to see them advertise the products too. "Malphite stays rock hard in game, but outside of game, I only trust one porn website to keep me rock solid, and that's youporn." Or random poster images of like Lucian, Malphite, Mundo, Tryn and like a Tristana with the Youporn logo.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 05:57:43
August 01 2014 05:56 GMT
#334
On August 01 2014 12:16 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 06:52 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 04:44 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On July 31 2014 20:54 padfoota wrote:
On July 31 2014 10:01 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Janna's really good against Tristana. I played a MF/Janna lane vs Morg/Trist and Janna caught Trist mid-jump 2 times with a tornado for kills when she otherwise would have escaped. The Trist was overextending technically because that possibility exists, but literally nobody was prepared for it happening because I'm sure nobody but my Janna knew what she intended to happen.

MF and Wukong are my top two and they're 69% and 78% respectively. Hopefully I can make D1 this season, I'm in promos for D2 right now


No. Thresh rapes tristana. If you want to absolutely shut down a tristana, thresh is the way to go. If you get in range to flay her back, your Q will never miss, since the delay for her W and your Q is practically the same. If she tries to jump away before you flay, your flay will bring her back down immediately. Her jump is also easily hookable in mid air if you just Q anywhere in the flight path since trist will technically "catch it" in mid air.
I love trist and I play extremely aggressive with her (standard chinese server), so having a thresh straight up trashing me in the face was very haunting.

Granted, Im not sure how aggressive ADCs are on your server, but if you want a good idea, lane vs Vasili to get a feel of how we play laning phase here on the asian servers. Our Sword of the Occult is already named after Draven due to a certain famous Draven player, and the only proper way to play Draven now is to tower dive all the time (as long as you trade 1-1 you win)
We learn the game by over extending all the time, and the difference between a diamond and gold is that they are even more aggressive, yet the aggression is refined, and they somehow get away with it too.

If you main trist, ban thresh if you want a good time. On the other hand, any aggressive but non-all in support works for trist..
Especially a certain yordle.

I'm not arguing with you, but you didn't disprove my point. Janna is good against Trist.


No. MF is good against trist (and Morg). Janna is simply good if your AD is stronger, especially if you have a counter.

Even then Janna should not have been able to interrupt trists jump without trist or MF or both being incredibly out of position.

I thought the same until I played with this strong diamond Janna main. Your ADC's ability to trade is so much stronger when they have a free shield and an AD steroid. W creates spots to force escapes and Q can interrupt a lot of things, and that's not even taking the free movespeed and her ult's disengage/ability to change all-ins. I mean obviously more aggressive ADCs are going to be able to take advantage of this more than, say, Graves or Corki, but still, I think you underestimate how much pressure Janna puts off against Tristana in a lane with no sustain. She covers a lot of weaknesses, harasses really well with W/E + autos, and has really good disengage/interrupts.

I'm still of the opinion that Janna is good against Tristana. Two of Trist's biggest weaknesses in the early game are range and sustain. Janna makes both of those harder for Trist. Trading with Janna is hard when shield negates E and all-in isn't really an option unless there's a huge misplay because of her entire kit being good at disengage and protect as well as harass. QWQ with a shield on your ADC nets a ton of free damage and Tornado helps control the wave against strong pushers like Trist/Lucian/Cait.

I will state for the record that I pick MF into every matchup, though. She's ridiculous and extremely underrated.


Janna doesn't have any sustain either, and she doesn't have the range to harass trist, and since trist can harass through creeps, she doesn't have any particular advantage to put damage down on her. Her main advantage against Tristana is that most AD's beat trist in lane and if/when this happens, Janna can cement it. Janna has always been like this.

If say you were playing Ezreal instead of an MF and Trist was hard pushing you in while letting Morg set up bindings, you would change your tune about the strength of Janna against trist.



On August 01 2014 11:58 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 11:13 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 09:01 Senorcuidado wrote:
So after all this talk about Janna I wanted to try her and I swear I carried 5 games in a row. It didn't matter how bad my adc was; I could carry the lane. I now believe in the lane presence. Leona, Thresh, Braum, I could counter initiate or disengage easily. In small scale skirmishes I felt more impactful than Leona. The only rough part was late game fights where I can't find a good chance to ult a lot of times. I should be less timid with the ult, since it causes me to die sometimes, but I fear those scenarios where the idiot Janna ruins a whole team fight. I'm sure that will come with practice. She is amazing at peeling, but I do miss being able to lock down fed carries like Leona can. I started with Spellthief in the first two games and then tried Ancient Coin and liked coin much better. Overall I'm very sold on the Janna, and you should try it.


Janna is less good against Thresh(hook combo on you wins a fight right off bat), but always has been good against Braum and Leona.

I feel that the Janna>Leona matchup is a bit overstated. Sure, if you can consistently tornado Leona when she uses her E it's heavily Janna favored, but that takes quite a bit of timing to get down.


Put your AD in a line behind Leona. When Leona' E's you Q down the line of your carry to Leona. Easy Peasy. You can only not interrupt Leona's E if you're too close to leona. You're too close because Leona can e you and potentially not have it interrupted. She can also flash/stun at that distance to swing the lane if her AD is capable of following. If you are too close to Leona and she E's your carry instead of you, you want to tornado towards your AD. Leona's E will take her right into your "backwards" tornado.

Edit: Because of your bonus move speed you basically have no excuse to ever be "too close" to Leona.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 06:46:05
August 01 2014 06:30 GMT
#335
On August 01 2014 14:56 Goumindong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 12:16 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On August 01 2014 06:52 Goumindong wrote:
On August 01 2014 04:44 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On July 31 2014 20:54 padfoota wrote:
On July 31 2014 10:01 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Janna's really good against Tristana. I played a MF/Janna lane vs Morg/Trist and Janna caught Trist mid-jump 2 times with a tornado for kills when she otherwise would have escaped. The Trist was overextending technically because that possibility exists, but literally nobody was prepared for it happening because I'm sure nobody but my Janna knew what she intended to happen.

MF and Wukong are my top two and they're 69% and 78% respectively. Hopefully I can make D1 this season, I'm in promos for D2 right now


No. Thresh rapes tristana. If you want to absolutely shut down a tristana, thresh is the way to go. If you get in range to flay her back, your Q will never miss, since the delay for her W and your Q is practically the same. If she tries to jump away before you flay, your flay will bring her back down immediately. Her jump is also easily hookable in mid air if you just Q anywhere in the flight path since trist will technically "catch it" in mid air.
I love trist and I play extremely aggressive with her (standard chinese server), so having a thresh straight up trashing me in the face was very haunting.

Granted, Im not sure how aggressive ADCs are on your server, but if you want a good idea, lane vs Vasili to get a feel of how we play laning phase here on the asian servers. Our Sword of the Occult is already named after Draven due to a certain famous Draven player, and the only proper way to play Draven now is to tower dive all the time (as long as you trade 1-1 you win)
We learn the game by over extending all the time, and the difference between a diamond and gold is that they are even more aggressive, yet the aggression is refined, and they somehow get away with it too.

If you main trist, ban thresh if you want a good time. On the other hand, any aggressive but non-all in support works for trist..
Especially a certain yordle.

I'm not arguing with you, but you didn't disprove my point. Janna is good against Trist.


No. MF is good against trist (and Morg). Janna is simply good if your AD is stronger, especially if you have a counter.

Even then Janna should not have been able to interrupt trists jump without trist or MF or both being incredibly out of position.

I thought the same until I played with this strong diamond Janna main. Your ADC's ability to trade is so much stronger when they have a free shield and an AD steroid. W creates spots to force escapes and Q can interrupt a lot of things, and that's not even taking the free movespeed and her ult's disengage/ability to change all-ins. I mean obviously more aggressive ADCs are going to be able to take advantage of this more than, say, Graves or Corki, but still, I think you underestimate how much pressure Janna puts off against Tristana in a lane with no sustain. She covers a lot of weaknesses, harasses really well with W/E + autos, and has really good disengage/interrupts.

I'm still of the opinion that Janna is good against Tristana. Two of Trist's biggest weaknesses in the early game are range and sustain. Janna makes both of those harder for Trist. Trading with Janna is hard when shield negates E and all-in isn't really an option unless there's a huge misplay because of her entire kit being good at disengage and protect as well as harass. QWQ with a shield on your ADC nets a ton of free damage and Tornado helps control the wave against strong pushers like Trist/Lucian/Cait.

I will state for the record that I pick MF into every matchup, though. She's ridiculous and extremely underrated.


Janna doesn't have any sustain either, and she doesn't have the range to harass trist, and since trist can harass through creeps, she doesn't have any particular advantage to put damage down on her. Her main advantage against Tristana is that most AD's beat trist in lane and if/when this happens, Janna can cement it. Janna has always been like this.

If say you were playing Ezreal instead of an MF and Trist was hard pushing you in while letting Morg set up bindings, you would change your tune about the strength of Janna against trist.

The idea that Janna doesn't have sustain is kinda irrelevant, in my opinion, A) because she has a shield which can absorb damage and B) because sustain on an ADC is different from sustain on a support. Janna will have coin, at the least. Trist will have Doran's Blades, vamp scepter, potions and summoner heal if his support doesn't provide it. Trist's sustain is a lot more conditional, in my opinion, because at a certain point you can't safely rely on lifesteal to sustain you, especially early.

Also, range isn't the end-all definition of what allows a champion to harass or trade. If this was the case, Jinx or Cait would be unbeatable in lane. Zephyr outranges Trist for the first 5 levels and it's very hard for a Trist to trade with an ADC when she's slowed and Janna can shield and buff whoever is targeted by Explosive Shot, which is a majority of Trist's damage in a trade. When Janna Zephyrs Tristana, Trist's choices are usually either to W away or stand and fight until it wears off. Running is obviously bad and kiting is about the same as fighting at early levels. This is an opportunity that Janna can create specifically against Trist, who only has high damage output in trades if the trade is limited to auto-e-auto. Surely this is also ADC matchup specific, but there are a lot of ADCs that can also take advantage of this quite well.

I mean, I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying "Janna is good against Tristana." If I were to pick my preferred supports against Trist, I'd probably go with 1) Thresh and 2) Janna. Maybe Nami trumps Janna but the extra attack damage and shield for auto-trades is really, really strong against Trist who relies a lot on Explosive Shot for harass and trades. The minion damage isn't hard to avoid (position away from minions that will explode) and just have Janna shield you when you go in to trade. Trist is only good at trading because auto-E-auto outdamages most other ADCs in a trade. The shield negates some of that damage and isn't affected by the healing debuff, and the AD steroid is obviously good for trading.

I probably am not being very precise about what I'm saying here. I'm not saying Janna hardcounters Tristana. I'm saying that she is really good at providing specific types of opportunities against her, which might "only" cement your ADC beating Trist in lane.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 06:38:11
August 01 2014 06:33 GMT
#336
Well I'm still a huge Gragas fan and I think that he should get his old Q, without any charges. Anyway, I still think Graggy is a strong laner, I'm actually going for R>Q>E>W max build. RoA as core item, then Zhonya and some AP/Gauntlet/something else.

Also something went wrong with Rito soloqueue matchmaking for a while, as I being Gold V got S5-G2 teammates and the opposite teams had 3 unrankeds and 2 golds. Unranked guy no1 went Irelia top vs Udyr and in 25 minute game he had 23 !!!!! CS and ran Flash/Heal. Unranked guy no2 went Smite/Heal LeeSin and basically missed all the Q's for entire game. When he ganked me mid I got a double kill....
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 08:01:42
August 01 2014 08:01 GMT
#337
Been spamming maokai top, and he is so incredibly strong. Can survive most lane bullies through a combination of Q being really good at pushing out melee's, and his sustain against spamming ranged champs gives him an edge once he finishes roa and gets a bit tankier.

Q cost is basically nonexistent and that combined with W does a whole boatload of damage, especially once you finish RoA. Then once you build full tank from there you have such insane durability and damage that doesn't fall off because you spam a 20% max hp nuke every 5.4 seconds, with Q on 3.6.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 08:26:57
August 01 2014 08:23 GMT
#338
On August 01 2014 15:33 739 wrote:
Also something went wrong with Rito soloqueue matchmaking for a while, as I being Gold V got S5-G2 teammates and the opposite teams had 3 unrankeds and 2 golds. Unranked guy no1 went Irelia top vs Udyr and in 25 minute game he had 23 !!!!! CS and ran Flash/Heal. Unranked guy no2 went Smite/Heal LeeSin and basically missed all the Q's for entire game. When he ganked me mid I got a double kill....

IN low levels i'm seeing 5 under 30's playing vs 1 plat 2 gold and 1 silver and a lvl 15ish to "balance" it. been 3-4 games like this since patch. only 1 diamond player, who was duo queuing with the lowest level, but most games the higher ranked people are solo.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 01 2014 08:49 GMT
#339
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-winrate&range=weekly&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=diamond

Talon's been top 5 for like 6 months now, maybe more. Is he really that OP ?
The legend of Darien lives on
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
August 01 2014 08:55 GMT
#340
On August 01 2014 17:49 mr_tolkien wrote:
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-winrate&range=weekly&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=diamond

Talon's been top 5 for like 6 months now, maybe more. Is he really that OP ?

he pushes like crazy so you can usually snowball your team with tower gold even if you aren't becoming a fed monster assassin.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 31m
Stellar Fest
11h 31m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.