• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:34
CEST 16:34
KST 23:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9591 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 94

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 112 Next
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
August 21 2011 22:51 GMT
#1861
On August 22 2011 07:15 Odds wrote:
I sort of have a lot of aliases

Join the club.
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
August 22 2011 00:05 GMT
#1862
Question about solo'ing top lane against Udyr.

The last few days I've ran into Udyr while playing Nasus a few times. I can't figure out how to optimally play the lane. I tried being really passive and essentially only last hitting creeps while completely ignoring him. This still led me being forced to B more often because he could still stun me, add up some damage, and then swap back to turtle to fill back up. It wasn't like I was getting bursted, but I was forced back more frequently.

My Q obviously allowed me to keep up with farm for the most part, but after a while his damage increases enough to legitimately threaten me and I have to be more picky about last hitting.

Do I have to just farm the best I can, avoid dying, and just hope the game runs long enough and rely on my higher damage endgame? Do I get more armor based items to try to minimize his harassing ability? Any tips would be appreciated.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
August 22 2011 00:10 GMT
#1863
On August 22 2011 09:05 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Question about solo'ing top lane against Udyr.

The last few days I've ran into Udyr while playing Nasus a few times. I can't figure out how to optimally play the lane. I tried being really passive and essentially only last hitting creeps while completely ignoring him. This still led me being forced to B more often because he could still stun me, add up some damage, and then swap back to turtle to fill back up. It wasn't like I was getting bursted, but I was forced back more frequently.

My Q obviously allowed me to keep up with farm for the most part, but after a while his damage increases enough to legitimately threaten me and I have to be more picky about last hitting.

Do I have to just farm the best I can, avoid dying, and just hope the game runs long enough and rely on my higher damage endgame? Do I get more armor based items to try to minimize his harassing ability? Any tips would be appreciated.

Get Wriggles would be my advice, its very good vs Udyr. I really recommend going armor seal runes and 1/16/x build.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
August 22 2011 00:47 GMT
#1864
You can't be passive against Udyr. Early on his mana costs are still high, so if you can force him to change stances a lot just to keep his ground against you he will run out of mana and not be able to fight back. If he turtle stances hit him as much as possible and don't let him regen off creeps. Avoid getting hit by bear->tiger as much as possible. Kiting him when he changes stances will decrease the effects of his passive bonus aspd and dodge. After his unsuccessful engagement on you he will go back to farming with turtle stance. Don't let him do that. Fight back and force him to change stances as much as possible while still keeping yourself in healthy standing.

Once he gets wriggle's it's a different story but hopefully the lead you've gotten in the earlier levels will help.
ô¿ô
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
August 22 2011 01:03 GMT
#1865
streaming some bitch role 1600s atm
qq
twitch.tv/cratonz
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 22 2011 01:09 GMT
#1866
I can't imagine that you'd ever really be able to trade hits with Udyr. You should have no problems kiting him with wither, but unless you can burst down at least like...50%+ of his hp, you will lose the attrition fight. Turtle stance is just too powerful a sustain tool. I can't imagine a Nasus ever beating an Udyr solo top.

I'm not 100% sure though so iunno...
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 22 2011 01:18 GMT
#1867
If you're on US server, DON'T QUEUE. Just got the laggiest game I've ever hard. Everyone in the game had it.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
August 22 2011 01:19 GMT
#1868
On August 22 2011 10:18 HazMat wrote:
If you're on US server, DON'T QUEUE. Just got the laggiest game I've ever hard. Everyone in the game had it.


Been like that for a while now.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 22 2011 01:24 GMT
#1869
Why no one tell me
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
August 22 2011 01:36 GMT
#1870
Wolves > ShakeDrizzle
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 22 2011 01:38 GMT
#1871
Wraiths tyvm
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 22 2011 01:40 GMT
#1872
On August 22 2011 06:22 Odds wrote:
Despite what I may have claimed in the past, AD Leblanc does not, in fact, work.

How about an AP/ASPD Orianna? Tooth/Rageblade/Malady. Max shield lol
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
chubbly
Profile Joined March 2011
New Zealand58 Posts
August 22 2011 01:43 GMT
#1873
LoCicero, I am willing to donate cashmonies to get you to upload more replays. Shitty NZ internet precludes me from watching streams and you play the heroes I enjoy watching the most. Please say yes!
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
August 22 2011 01:45 GMT
#1874
Nasus has passive lifesteal... wat. And I think you're overestimating Udyr's damage output minus tiger proc. Udyr takes forever to farm a creep wave without madred's/wriggle's
ô¿ô
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
August 22 2011 01:53 GMT
#1875
On August 22 2011 10:43 chubbly wrote:
LoCicero, I am willing to donate cashmonies to get you to upload more replays. Shitty NZ internet precludes me from watching streams and you play the heroes I enjoy watching the most. Please say yes!


Yeah sure, do the replays still work? Someone updated the thread saying the replays don't work anymore? Did one of the patches mess them up? Regardless I can empty out the dropbox and put in recent replays that you can look through if you want.

Don't worry about the money, but thanks for the offer =).
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
August 22 2011 01:59 GMT
#1876
On August 22 2011 10:40 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 06:22 Odds wrote:
Despite what I may have claimed in the past, AD Leblanc does not, in fact, work.

How about an AP/ASPD Orianna? Tooth/Rageblade/Malady. Max shield lol

Never played Orianna so I couldnt say. But tooth/rageblade is legit good on tarick.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 22 2011 02:00 GMT
#1877
On August 22 2011 10:53 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 10:43 chubbly wrote:
LoCicero, I am willing to donate cashmonies to get you to upload more replays. Shitty NZ internet precludes me from watching streams and you play the heroes I enjoy watching the most. Please say yes!


Yeah sure, do the replays still work? Someone updated the thread saying the replays don't work anymore? Did one of the patches mess them up? Regardless I can empty out the dropbox and put in recent replays that you can look through if you want.

Don't worry about the money, but thanks for the offer =).


Yeah, was me. :S ...

Since LoL Replay is 3rd Party patches keep messing up replays like ever 2-3 weeks. :/
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Tisp
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada209 Posts
August 22 2011 02:06 GMT
#1878
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, did they disable Custom Games? I just got back from Vacation, bought Nocturne on sale and wanted to try him out but I need 3 people to have a custom game. Thats really weak .
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
August 22 2011 02:08 GMT
#1879
On August 22 2011 11:06 Tisp wrote:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, did they disable Custom Games? I just got back from Vacation, bought Nocturne on sale and wanted to try him out but I need 3 people to have a custom game. Thats really weak .

When there's a high server load Riot often increases the number of players needed to start a custom game. When the servers are under less demand, it'll be removed.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
August 22 2011 02:12 GMT
#1880
So i am assuming this was also caused by the lag?

[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 991
ComeBackTV 701
SteadfastSC551
TaKeTV 391
IndyStarCraft 136
Rex105
EnkiAlexander 58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 551
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 136
Rex 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50988
Bisu 2099
Horang2 1292
EffOrt 956
Soma 621
Hyuk 600
BeSt 545
Mini 491
Light 417
Larva 336
[ Show more ]
Rush 236
ZerO 212
910 91
Mong 85
Leta 77
Sea.KH 63
Snow 60
firebathero 56
Pusan 54
ToSsGirL 38
Mind 36
JYJ 32
Sexy 29
Aegong 27
Bale 24
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 20
Shine 16
Trap 16
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7171
qojqva899
Counter-Strike
Fnx 772
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1074
Lowko467
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1585
hiko1272
Beastyqt611
B2W.Neo409
Livibee217
Hui .181
Liquid`VortiX149
XaKoH 133
ArmadaUGS111
KnowMe88
djWHEAT77
Mew2King74
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile18
• poizon28 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3018
Other Games
• Shiphtur140
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 26m
Online Event
20h 26m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.