• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:58
CEST 12:58
KST 19:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11351 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 2

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 44 45 46 Next All
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
March 23 2015 02:39 GMT
#21
What is the regular team composition in terms of role? (Ranged Assasin, Melee Warrior, Support etc.)
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
March 23 2015 03:17 GMT
#22
As a very general template for the current meta a composition could consist of 2 supports, a warrior, and two assassins. An example might be Tassadar, Rehgar, ETC, Valla, Illidan. Obviously there's a lot of diversity in comps though so it can change drastically. In hero league comps are rarely structured much at all. Just play what you're best at
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
NickHotS
Profile Joined May 2014
United States105 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 09:09:16
March 23 2015 03:31 GMT
#23
On March 23 2015 11:39 IMLyte wrote:
What is the regular team composition in terms of role? (Ranged Assasin, Melee Warrior, Support etc.)

The only thing I would consider standard in a team composition is having at least one warrior and one support (typically a healer -- Uther, Rehgar, Brightwing, Malfurion, or Li Li), although a few non-healer 1-2 utility support comps exist. This is why I say one support and one warrior is always standard, because if the support is not a healer you're guaranteed to have either Tassadar or Tyrande.

After that, there is a lot of variation. Generally you need some ranged, at least 2. The last slot can be a third ranged, a melee assassin, a warrior, healer, or utility support (Tassadar/Tyrande).
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
March 23 2015 03:59 GMT
#24
Yeah, there no such thing as a regular team composition, as it can vary from map to map, the strategy you wan't to play, and the picks your opponent takes.

It changes pretty fast too in the pro games, a little while ago it was 2 warriors that dominated, then just 1, the double support, who knows what will dominate next
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
wishr
Profile Joined February 2012
Russian Federation262 Posts
March 23 2015 11:00 GMT
#25
On March 23 2015 11:39 IMLyte wrote:
What is the regular team composition in terms of role? (Ranged Assasin, Melee Warrior, Support etc.)

Carry, Semi-carry(specialist or asassin), tank, support, semi-support
is currently best setup for me.
rank 8 here
* Only girls complain about balance! *
Gotuso
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands733 Posts
March 26 2015 20:20 GMT
#26
I want to get into hero league but I don't have the 10 required heroes yet. However I do have 42k gold so I have enough to buy my way in. Right now I have:

Malfurion
Li Li
Muradin
Raynor
Tychus
Zagara

I'm thinking of buying Stitches, Arthas, Valla, Tassadar and 1 more damage dealer for a total of 30k gold. Would that be a solid starting roster? Would I hurt myself for not picking the "OP" heroes ( E.T.C. , Illidan, Lost Vikings and Reghar spring to mind)? What would a good option be for the final dps slot; so far I kinda like Zeratul, Nova, Fallstad, Jaina and Nazeebo. None of them really jump out at me as being more fun then the other with the exception being Nazeebo. But I'm worried that he's been nerfed to the point that he feels week to play atm. Would any of the other options fill out a role that I currently lack in my roster otherwise?

Kinda looking for some conformation/advice before making my final decision.
DoDonPachi
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada69 Posts
March 26 2015 21:01 GMT
#27
On March 27 2015 05:20 Gotuso wrote:
I want to get into hero league but I don't have the 10 required heroes yet. However I do have 42k gold so I have enough to buy my way in. Right now I have:

Malfurion
Li Li
Muradin
Raynor
Tychus
Zagara

I'm thinking of buying Stitches, Arthas, Valla, Tassadar and 1 more damage dealer for a total of 30k gold. Would that be a solid starting roster? Would I hurt myself for not picking the "OP" heroes ( E.T.C. , Illidan, Lost Vikings and Reghar spring to mind)? What would a good option be for the final dps slot; so far I kinda like Zeratul, Nova, Fallstad, Jaina and Nazeebo. None of them really jump out at me as being more fun then the other with the exception being Nazeebo. But I'm worried that he's been nerfed to the point that he feels week to play atm. Would any of the other options fill out a role that I currently lack in my roster otherwise?

Kinda looking for some conformation/advice before making my final decision.


Hello
First and foremost, pick the hero you like. But be aware of the difference between QuickMatch and HeroLeague. Their is no more 4 assassin 1 specialist or other weird comp. As such, pick your selection according to what the Hero can provide.

Since you have only Muradin as a warrior, let's begin with those choices.
Stitches is a good pick, but require team coordination, especially after the nerf, to get most of it.
Arthas is good against dive-heavy comp with sindregosa, but nothing that ETC cant do with mosh pit.
I would suggest ETC and Stitches

On the support side, Lili and malfurion are very similar in nature, which is pure healing. Tassadar give vision and wave-clearing, which can be good, but he is in the middle of the road on damage. Can be good in some comp, but your support are lacking stun. I would suggest Tyrande, Brightwing or Uther. Mostly Brightwing or Tyrande, since uther have changed quite a lot.

Finally, for the Assassin, you have Tychus, Zagara and Raynor. Valla is better in every way that raynor, i think, so i'll suggest that. but the rest is your choice, but i'll suggest Illidan if your team want to run double support, or Sgt Hammer if the map demand to control area.
i'll schroumpfs you until you GG
JonIrenicus
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Italy602 Posts
March 26 2015 22:38 GMT
#28
--- Nuked ---
Gotuso
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands733 Posts
March 27 2015 23:10 GMT
#29
On March 27 2015 06:01 DoDonPachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2015 05:20 Gotuso wrote:
I want to get into hero league but I don't have the 10 required heroes yet. However I do have 42k gold so I have enough to buy my way in. Right now I have:

Malfurion
Li Li
Muradin
Raynor
Tychus
Zagara

I'm thinking of buying Stitches, Arthas, Valla, Tassadar and 1 more damage dealer for a total of 30k gold. Would that be a solid starting roster? Would I hurt myself for not picking the "OP" heroes ( E.T.C. , Illidan, Lost Vikings and Reghar spring to mind)? What would a good option be for the final dps slot; so far I kinda like Zeratul, Nova, Fallstad, Jaina and Nazeebo. None of them really jump out at me as being more fun then the other with the exception being Nazeebo. But I'm worried that he's been nerfed to the point that he feels week to play atm. Would any of the other options fill out a role that I currently lack in my roster otherwise?

Kinda looking for some conformation/advice before making my final decision.


Hello
First and foremost, pick the hero you like. But be aware of the difference between QuickMatch and HeroLeague. Their is no more 4 assassin 1 specialist or other weird comp. As such, pick your selection according to what the Hero can provide.

Since you have only Muradin as a warrior, let's begin with those choices.
Stitches is a good pick, but require team coordination, especially after the nerf, to get most of it.
Arthas is good against dive-heavy comp with sindregosa, but nothing that ETC cant do with mosh pit.
I would suggest ETC and Stitches

On the support side, Lili and malfurion are very similar in nature, which is pure healing. Tassadar give vision and wave-clearing, which can be good, but he is in the middle of the road on damage. Can be good in some comp, but your support are lacking stun. I would suggest Tyrande, Brightwing or Uther. Mostly Brightwing or Tyrande, since uther have changed quite a lot.

Finally, for the Assassin, you have Tychus, Zagara and Raynor. Valla is better in every way that raynor, i think, so i'll suggest that. but the rest is your choice, but i'll suggest Illidan if your team want to run double support, or Sgt Hammer if the map demand to control area.


Yeah ETC and Stitches seem to be the go to chooses, but I'm not really in love with ETC. Hence why I was thinking Stitches + something I like. That would mean either Tyrael or Arthas.

I can try Tyrandre, she was on my shortlist to buy so I guess her stun makes sense.

I know Illidan is good, but he's not really my hero. Same with Sgt.Hammer, I tried her once or twice but felt kinda stale. What about Jaina, isn't she the hot stuff atm?
Severian2012
Profile Joined March 2015
2 Posts
March 28 2015 15:04 GMT
#30
Regarding the Talent "Regeneration Master". I'm trying to main Tyrael, and I like to play him Tanky. I often pick this talent but am not sure if I'm getting the most out of it. Is there a general rule of thumb as to how many stacks I should be getting it up to make it viable? Maybe which maps its better with or which ones to avoid? I'm usually not sure to pick it or not. Thanks!
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
March 30 2015 21:46 GMT
#31
You have first pick in a solo q hero league game - what is the strongest first pick (i.e. the pick that allows the biggest freedom for your teammates, whilst at the same time removing strong picks from the opponent)?
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
March 30 2015 22:49 GMT
#32
On March 31 2015 06:46 Ghostcom wrote:
You have first pick in a solo q hero league game - what is the strongest first pick (i.e. the pick that allows the biggest freedom for your teammates, whilst at the same time removing strong picks from the opponent)?


Valla / ETC are my first bets.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
4tre55
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany330 Posts
March 30 2015 23:04 GMT
#33
On March 31 2015 06:46 Ghostcom wrote:
You have first pick in a solo q hero league game - what is the strongest first pick (i.e. the pick that allows the biggest freedom for your teammates, whilst at the same time removing strong picks from the opponent)?


Valla is the single best first pick imo, but ETC, Uther, Hammer and illidan are also good, although the later two demand more focused picks from your team.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 31 2015 02:21 GMT
#34
I can't win with Abathur on Dragonshire. Does anyone have advice? I win almost every time on all other maps. I've never won with Abby on my team on that map either.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
March 31 2015 02:58 GMT
#35
You can't.

Well, maybe you can, but really, dragon shire need to have physical heroes to work. If a hero is out of position, you can lose a shrine very fast and the enemy captures the dragon in what appears to be in a second. Not all heroes should work on all maps, and if there is a bad map for abathur, it is dragon shire.

My advice to win in dragon shire with adbathur would be not playing abathur on that map, but maybe other people can enlighten you more.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 31 2015 03:00 GMT
#36
On March 31 2015 11:58 [Phantom] wrote:
You can't.

Well, maybe you can, but really, dragon shire need to have physical heroes to work. If a hero is out of position, you can lose a shrine very fast and the enemy captures the dragon in what appears to be in a second. Not all heroes should work on all maps, and if there is a bad map for abathur, it is dragon shire.

My advice to win in dragon shire with adbathur would be not playing abathur on that map, but maybe other people can enlighten you more.

Yeah, seems like bs to me. Pretty upsetting. If I get good map rolls in QM my wins sky rocket other wise lose streaks ftw.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
hipo
Profile Joined November 2010
France482 Posts
March 31 2015 09:04 GMT
#37
On March 31 2015 08:04 4tre55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 06:46 Ghostcom wrote:
You have first pick in a solo q hero league game - what is the strongest first pick (i.e. the pick that allows the biggest freedom for your teammates, whilst at the same time removing strong picks from the opponent)?


Valla is the single best first pick imo, but ETC, Uther, Hammer and illidan are also good, although the later two demand more focused picks from your team.

From the games I have watched since the last patch, Jaina seem to be a strong first pick too.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 31 2015 16:26 GMT
#38
So I want to play a bunch of games with Gazlowe this week. Does anyone have any insight into when I can solo the various merc camps?

Should I wait for the 4 Turret Talent before I go for the boss?
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 31 2015 16:49 GMT
#39
On April 01 2015 01:26 kingjames01 wrote:
So I want to play a bunch of games with Gazlowe this week. Does anyone have any insight into when I can solo the various merc camps?

Should I wait for the 4 Turret Talent before I go for the boss?

You can solo any camp you want at 10. Bosses take a little longer and I would wait till 13 for the extra stat boosts to solo bosses. The mine golem is easy to solo at 10 also. If you get the reduced damage from non-hero enemies it will be a breeze to take on camps.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 31 2015 17:15 GMT
#40
On April 01 2015 01:49 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 01:26 kingjames01 wrote:
So I want to play a bunch of games with Gazlowe this week. Does anyone have any insight into when I can solo the various merc camps?

Should I wait for the 4 Turret Talent before I go for the boss?

You can solo any camp you want at 10. Bosses take a little longer and I would wait till 13 for the extra stat boosts to solo bosses. The mine golem is easy to solo at 10 also. If you get the reduced damage from non-hero enemies it will be a breeze to take on camps.


So if I want to go the Merc camp route, would it be correct to take:

- the extra bomb damage at Level 1
- reduced non-hero damage at Level 4
- ? at Level 7
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 44 45 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko180
ProTech124
SHIN 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1153
Mind 1017
Shuttle 787
Bisu 774
Larva 643
Mini 163
EffOrt 129
Soma 119
Leta 109
Last 98
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Hyun 81
Pusan 63
ZerO 52
Sexy 52
PianO 48
Hm[arnc] 43
Trap 36
Killer 33
sorry 32
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 28
Aegong 19
yabsab 15
hero 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe565
XaKoH 402
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1389
Other Games
gofns40495
singsing2321
crisheroes293
OGKoka 184
Mew2King131
B2W.Neo104
ArmadaUGS58
Livibee41
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick572
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8241
League of Legends
• Jankos1375
• Stunt862
Upcoming Events
Online Event
2m
FEL
5h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 2m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.