• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9046 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 39

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 162 Next
MrSandman
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia188 Posts
December 16 2013 05:54 GMT
#761
On December 12 2013 16:29 Hxadecimal wrote:
I need help finding an extremely low budget deck that's aggro and has a high win rate. My goal with this deck is to win a lot of games fast so that I can grind up the gold needed to unlock better cards. I've looked everywhere online, but most decks are extremely high budget, the information is out of date, or it's just some random person with no evidence that the deck is actually strong. If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative.


I use this deck with a few modifications, like adding argent commander and argent squire. It's been really good value for me so far and is a fairly quick deck
TeamLiquid: Teaching trolls latin since 2002 || Before every post ask yourself, how would I feel if someone else said it? ||
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
December 16 2013 16:30 GMT
#762
Hey guys, I have three cards I'm not sure if I should disenchant or not..I want to play primarily ranked constructed.

Millhouse Manastorm: The drawback of this card is very scary. 400 dust?
Harrison Jones: A nice card against high durability weapons, but how often do you see that?
Golden Murloc Warleader: This is golden, so the disenchant pays for itself. And murlocs seem like a bit of a gimmick?

That's about 1200 dust for some so/so cards... could turn it into a ragnaros or sylvanas?
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
December 16 2013 16:44 GMT
#763
On December 17 2013 01:30 Gentso wrote:
Hey guys, I have three cards I'm not sure if I should disenchant or not..I want to play primarily ranked constructed.

Millhouse Manastorm: The drawback of this card is very scary. 400 dust?
Harrison Jones: A nice card against high durability weapons, but how often do you see that?
Golden Murloc Warleader: This is golden, so the disenchant pays for itself. And murlocs seem like a bit of a gimmick?

That's about 1200 dust for some so/so cards... could turn it into a ragnaros or sylvanas?
I guess it depends on your long-term goal. Do you want to collect all the cards eventually and enjoy that aspect? Keep them then even though they aren't very good right now. Or are you looking to build functional decks and play ranked for competition? Disenchant then so you can build better ranked decks. Overall its your call but I value functionality over having the spell book pages full.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
December 16 2013 17:18 GMT
#764
On December 17 2013 01:44 calgar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 01:30 Gentso wrote:
Hey guys, I have three cards I'm not sure if I should disenchant or not..I want to play primarily ranked constructed.

Millhouse Manastorm: The drawback of this card is very scary. 400 dust?
Harrison Jones: A nice card against high durability weapons, but how often do you see that?
Golden Murloc Warleader: This is golden, so the disenchant pays for itself. And murlocs seem like a bit of a gimmick?

That's about 1200 dust for some so/so cards... could turn it into a ragnaros or sylvanas?
I guess it depends on your long-term goal. Do you want to collect all the cards eventually and enjoy that aspect? Keep them then even though they aren't very good right now. Or are you looking to build functional decks and play ranked for competition? Disenchant then so you can build better ranked decks. Overall its your call but I value functionality over having the spell book pages full.


Thanks.

Unless I get some responses saying that these cards have some potential I'll probably go for Rag or Sylvanas later with their dust.. though not sure which is better!
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 17:35:55
December 16 2013 17:34 GMT
#765
I actually think Harrison Jones has value, at least at my level. I see weapons a lot and Oozes almost pay themselves off as a spell card.

Ooze is a 3-2 so if you destroy a 1 durability 3 damage weapon you save it, or some other creature with better stats, from getting destroyed. That's like 5 more stats. 10 stats for 2 mana? Yes please.

Harrison Jones is a 5 drop with 5/4. So it's like 2 stats off from being efficient. His efficiency depends entirely on how often you get to play him against someone with a weapon. Sylvanas is definitely more reliably efficient. It's hard for me to argue that Harrison is better unless you know you're against a weapon deck. If Harrison destroys that same 3/1 weapon that Ooze does, he gains his side a card. The value of a card is variable. novice engineer seems to say that it's 1 mana early on. Arcane intellect says it's 3 mana for an extra card mid game (it gives you 2 cards but costs 1). Sprint says it's 7 mana for 3 extra cards late game (partly cuz after you play sprint you may not have anything else you can play). Regardless of the value of that card, you gain this enormous value past turn 5, when rush decks start to become card limited rather than mana limited.

TL;DR if Harrison Jones so bad, whycome Ooze so good?
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
TunaBarrett
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden1045 Posts
December 16 2013 18:09 GMT
#766
Harrison jones is not THAT bad, its somewhere in the middle of usability of legendaries.

Its just that though, there are several better ones. The other two are shit
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
December 16 2013 18:48 GMT
#767
Thanks for the insight. I'll probably test Harrison a bit. I been watching some high rank streams and Tyrion is getting a lot of play. I also sometimes see Gorehowl and Doomhammer, but not as often.

Millhouse and golden murloc are probably hitting the dust tonight.
r00ty
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 22:51:39
December 16 2013 21:52 GMT
#768
Hi guys, for the whole day i keep getting this "Closed! Hearthstone disrupted from linking up to the Battle.net, bla". Had connection issues the whole day, thought it was because of this, but now everything works fine but Hearthstone. Any Idea? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Hm so it's a message the battle.net client gives you, when it doesn't know what's going on?

ConnectLog:
+ Show Spoiler +
process attached
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [MAIN] client.config says aurora.version.source='product'
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [LOCS] 11010= <------------------------------------- error
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AUTH] 33=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AUTH] 33=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=33 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=7 event=32 code=3018 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=1 event=4 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=2 event=12 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=5 event=25 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=6 event=29 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=4 event=22 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=10 event=36 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=11 event=37 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:52 2013 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=12 event=39 code=9 name=
Mon Dec 16 23:07:53 2013 [GAME] Tried to send a Util packet before login was complete, ignoring


Maybe someone had the same Problem and was able to fix it. Well will submit to the beta forum and wait i guess. Damn, really wanted to finish my Arena run. 4:0 Hunter too strong!

Edit2: Yeah nevermind. Patience. Don't go to the battle.net forums, it's a godforsaken place.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
December 16 2013 21:54 GMT
#769
riot servers are down again
expect free RP
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
December 17 2013 02:17 GMT
#770
Anyone interested in being my hearthstone buddy and talking about drafting strategy, arena plays, and whatnot? I'm new but I could trade coaching in other areas I'm knowledgeable of.
1Dhalism
Profile Joined June 2012
862 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 23:33:07
December 17 2013 23:32 GMT
#771
so i ran into a guy with an endless turn in ranked play mode. is that a known bug or what or something
must be a hack. now it's all his turns.
How do i report somethign like that?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
December 18 2013 00:47 GMT
#772
On December 18 2013 08:32 1Dhalism wrote:
so i ran into a guy with an endless turn in ranked play mode. is that a known bug or what or something
must be a hack. now it's all his turns.
How do i report somethign like that?

I think it's known. Check the bnet bug forums.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-18 12:42:58
December 18 2013 12:39 GMT
#773
How is Bloodmage Thalnos a good card? I read some people say it's like one of the best cards in the game...

1/1 for 2 mana just seems like a giant waste. Novice engineer is 1/2 for 2 mana and instant card draw, Kobold Geomancer is 2/2 for 2 mana with the +1 spell dmg.

I don't get it.
tissue
Profile Joined April 2009
Malaysia441 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-18 13:39:18
December 18 2013 13:10 GMT
#774
I just started playing, I think it's ok practice for me to immediately disenchant any card that gets nerfed, right? Since I might get multiples later, the same amount of dust is more valuable than a fixed card. Even if I decide I really need it in the future, I can just re-craft it and lose nothing.

Especially since I haven't started putting dust into constructed-level cards yet for a coherent deck.
Kerm
Profile Joined April 2010
France467 Posts
December 18 2013 14:21 GMT
#775
On December 18 2013 21:39 Complete wrote:
How is Bloodmage Thalnos a good card? I read some people say it's like one of the best cards in the game...

1/1 for 2 mana just seems like a giant waste. Novice engineer is 1/2 for 2 mana and instant card draw, Kobold Geomancer is 2/2 for 2 mana with the +1 spell dmg.

I don't get it.


Thalnos is better than Novice engi because it adds spell power, which is a huge effect (esp. on a 2 cost minion)
Thalnos is better than kobolds because he's free as far as card advantage is concerned, and it plays the same way as kobold (kept in hand until you have an actual spell to play that would use the SP bonus)
What i know is that I know nothing - [http://twitter.com/UncleKerm]
Varyol
Profile Joined September 2010
France20 Posts
December 18 2013 17:35 GMT
#776
I know it is probably the 100th time that somebody is asking for "what's the best legendary ?", but I have to do it :p

So I want to focus on Rogue, because I think it is extremly fun to play (comboz and shit yo). I already have Sylvanas and finaly managed to get enough dust for my next legendary.

Hereis what I think
- Ragnaros : great overall card, maybe to slow for rogue ?
- Leeroy : great finisher in almost any aggressive deck
- VanCleef : good card but I may switch to other classes later

Or even Thalnos / Black Knight ...


Help ! :p
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
December 18 2013 17:41 GMT
#777
imo Rag is the clear nr2 overall
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
December 18 2013 18:41 GMT
#778
How are you matched with Arena opponents? Is it just random?

Of the 4 arenas I did 2 days ago I went 6-0 -> 6-3 3x. Seems like you somehow get increasingly difficult opponents. Perhaps you play people with the same record as you or something?
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 18 2013 18:50 GMT
#779
On December 19 2013 03:41 Complete wrote:
How are you matched with Arena opponents? Is it just random?

Of the 4 arenas I did 2 days ago I went 6-0 -> 6-3 3x. Seems like you somehow get increasingly difficult opponents. Perhaps you play people with the same record as you or something?

Afaik it tries to match you with opponents that have similar scores.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
December 18 2013 19:17 GMT
#780
I think in current meta Sylvanas best, Rag second. Pretty clearly. As far as getting variety of viable decks that can use them. After that I think you go either Leeroy or Ysera depending on whether you like super aggro or control in general. Because those are both cards that will allways be good in those types of decks even if current meta changes.

That said, if you just want to play some super aggro deck right now on ladder and win with it. Make Leeroy over Rag. Allways make Rag over Ysera though.
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 698
ComeBackTV 405
SteadfastSC348
Rex119
CosmosSc2 46
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 348
ProTech147
Rex 119
CosmosSc2 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44500
Jaedong 1177
Hyuk 1161
Soma 808
Mini 592
Horang2 559
BeSt 506
EffOrt 447
Soulkey 403
Larva 397
[ Show more ]
ZerO 284
Stork 270
Rush 256
Last 239
Snow 236
ggaemo 212
hero 77
Mind 59
Killer 53
Free 52
Sharp 33
Shinee 33
Terrorterran 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 23
Bale 21
yabsab 16
Rock 16
Trap 15
HiyA 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8575
qojqva1261
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
Fnx 780
x6flipin609
markeloff142
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2330
Khaldor1865
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2757
singsing2064
hiko918
B2W.Neo893
byalli421
Liquid`VortiX195
KnowMe119
QueenE82
Mew2King77
Trikslyr26
Railgan17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile118
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1782
• Jankos1210
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 42m
OSC
21h 42m
Stellar Fest
21h 42m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.