• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8751 users

StarCraft = Sexist? Some feminists just go too far - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 16:11:27
August 13 2009 16:08 GMT
#461
On August 14 2009 00:33 DrLefTy wrote:
So zerg is the feminine race, and our gameplay is that of an orgasm?

I think I was just accused of being a transvestite


Yea Zerg are like... hybrids. Drones can be seen as semen and creep as womb...? zomg

On August 14 2009 00:55 Aznleeman wrote:
I'm glad I play Protoss: where there are no distinctive female units. (Well, in SC2 maybe the Mothership...) But seriously, I do believe this person is just an epic troll who probably huddles in the sewers of 4chan all day. Or they're just that crazy as to think Blizzard's video games are misogynistic and that all their employees are evil bastards trying to oppress women.

Still, this article made me laugh. I'm going to start calling Nydus Canals "Vaginal Canals." Oh, and whenever someone 4/5 pools, it's going to be an "Orgasm rush."


You missed that part :D

"The Protoss and Terrans, follow the male sexuality of building up, and up, and up, until finally it is the long awaited moment, while the Zerg build up, and then drop some, then build more… and more… and more… and more, and once dropped it may re-build up again, much sooner than it's male counterpart. "

I agree this may be 4channer... maybe I won't mail any photo >.>
There are typos that seem to me as mistakes done during rofls
wwww
baqarah
Profile Joined July 2009
Poland13 Posts
August 13 2009 16:11 GMT
#462
On August 13 2009 22:44 Foucault wrote:
ilovelosses is right

Everyone saying "this is retarded" and nothing more, should perhaps use their assumed brain capacity just a tiny bit more


OK.
I do think that "this is retarded" but I will say sth more.

Starcraft is played by men. It was created for men. Its obvious that everything is for men's point of view - just because of the target of this game. Zerg has "female features" and its "unknown" because 15 yo male teenagers dont know much about women.
Its like saying: "Romantic comedies should be made more for men - with blood and guns. Its sexism that there is no action in those movies".
Afasia
Profile Joined August 2009
Finland70 Posts
August 13 2009 16:11 GMT
#463
On August 14 2009 01:08 beetlelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 00:33 DrLefTy wrote:
So zerg is the feminine race, and our gameplay is that of an orgasm?

I think I was just accused of being a transvestite


Yea Zerg are like... hybrids. Drones can be seen as semen and creep as womb...? zomg

Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 00:55 Aznleeman wrote:
I'm glad I play Protoss: where there are no distinctive female units. (Well, in SC2 maybe the Mothership...) But seriously, I do believe this person is just an epic troll who probably huddles in the sewers of 4chan all day. Or they're just that crazy as to think Blizzard's video games are misogynistic and that all their employees are evil bastards trying to oppress women.

Still, this article made me laugh. I'm going to start calling Nydus Canals "Vaginal Canals." Oh, and whenever someone 4/5 pools, it's going to be an "Orgasm rush."


You missed that part :D

"The Protoss and Terrans, follow the male sexuality of building up, and up, and up, until finally it is the long awaited moment, while the Zerg build up, and then drop some, then build more… and more… and more… and more, and once dropped it may re-build up again, much sooner than it's male counterpart. "

I agree this may be 4channer... maybe I won't mail any photo >.>



Whoever made that article just fails to think on any other way. If you look it like that. how many things in life start as a small and then keep growing up until a they are at said point. But 24 pages tells us that s/he was a good troll or we just like our little game bit too much.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 16:26:02
August 13 2009 16:25 GMT
#464
On August 14 2009 01:11 Afasia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 01:08 beetlelisk wrote:
On August 14 2009 00:33 DrLefTy wrote:
So zerg is the feminine race, and our gameplay is that of an orgasm?

I think I was just accused of being a transvestite


Yea Zerg are like... hybrids. Drones can be seen as semen and creep as womb...? zomg

On August 14 2009 00:55 Aznleeman wrote:
I'm glad I play Protoss: where there are no distinctive female units. (Well, in SC2 maybe the Mothership...) But seriously, I do believe this person is just an epic troll who probably huddles in the sewers of 4chan all day. Or they're just that crazy as to think Blizzard's video games are misogynistic and that all their employees are evil bastards trying to oppress women.

Still, this article made me laugh. I'm going to start calling Nydus Canals "Vaginal Canals." Oh, and whenever someone 4/5 pools, it's going to be an "Orgasm rush."


You missed that part :D

"The Protoss and Terrans, follow the male sexuality of building up, and up, and up, until finally it is the long awaited moment, while the Zerg build up, and then drop some, then build more… and more… and more… and more, and once dropped it may re-build up again, much sooner than it's male counterpart. "

I agree this may be 4channer... maybe I won't mail any photo >.>



Whoever made that article just fails to think on any other way. If you look it like that. how many things in life start as a small and then keep growing up until a they are at said point.

Plants? Babes?
+ Show Spoiler +
This quote meant repeated orgasms but w/e ;d

But 24 pages tells us that s/he was a good troll or we just like our little game bit too much.

I'm happy with liking BW bit too much
wwww
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
August 13 2009 16:59 GMT
#465
I've seen this come up a few times an I"ll I'm going to say is I think the Zerg is actually based off of bees
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
August 13 2009 17:09 GMT
#466
So you think women are a lot like bees. You're obviously sexist
Trucy Wright is hot
redneck_mike
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States124 Posts
August 13 2009 18:04 GMT
#467
Okay: Ima do a complete list this time:

1. A woman wins in the story.
2. There are only 2 prominent zerg figures in the game that are either male or female. The female one is higher in power.
3. Unless you count the QUEEN.
4. Last mission of BW: Kerrigan > Mengsk + Raynor + Artanis + Dugalle + Zeratul.
5. If Zerg are female, then it shows females are stronger as all the heroes + infested terrans are stronger in Zerg form.
Tell me if I missed anything.

And if zerg are female, how come every time I draw a greater spire it looks like a cock?
im the only person i know of to overuse scouts
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
August 13 2009 18:16 GMT
#468
On August 14 2009 03:04 redneck_mike wrote:
Okay: Ima do a complete list this time:

1. A woman wins in the story.
2. There are only 2 prominent zerg figures in the game that are either male or female. The female one is higher in power.
3. Unless you count the QUEEN.

You just have to learn how to use them I love killing ensnared MnM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97064
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97064&currentpage=9


4. Last mission of BW: Kerrigan > Mengsk + Raynor + Artanis + Dugalle + Zeratul.
5. If Zerg are female, then it shows females are stronger as all the heroes + infested terrans are stronger in Zerg form.
Tell me if I missed anything.

And if zerg are female, how come every time I draw a greater spire it looks like a cock?


It's not a cock! You see, it's mushroooom
wwww
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
August 13 2009 19:39 GMT
#469
Well imho this is just some fat lady and/or frigid who needs a man pronto. There will always be things like this on some part of the web. This doesn't even comes close to hurt my feelings as a man or to touch me on any other level.

Just remember that hell broke lose about Mass Effect sex scene(s). I mean what sex? This is little off topic but Im trying to show that ppl will create issues when there isn't one just to create some self exposure or w/e.
Forever Vulture.. :(
redneck_mike
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States124 Posts
August 13 2009 21:31 GMT
#470
what is the point of telling me how to use the queen?
im the only person i know of to overuse scouts
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
August 13 2009 22:21 GMT
#471
I somehow thought you thought queens are bad...
...?
wwww
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
August 13 2009 22:30 GMT
#472
HEY GUYS STARCRAFT IS A SEXIST GAME LOL
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
Abyzou
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden209 Posts
August 13 2009 23:10 GMT
#473
I agree that Zerg are more distinctly female than the Protoss and Terran, both of which are very male.

And I like that.

I don't think the game's sexist though. Valkyries, russian dialect or no, are awesome. So are medics and dropships.
Savior and Jaedong, how come zerg progamers are so awesome?
sleepybear
Profile Joined August 2009
1 Post
August 13 2009 23:33 GMT
#474
The mission statement of the site says "Provoke dialog and debate about culture, society, politics, and issues " so...half successful I guess...other half resulted in a bunch of good humor lol..especially the science vessel balls, carrier penis, and ultralisk den vagina....

But in all seriousness, the article contains so many fallacies with it's 'evidence' that her argument is thrown out the window. I was going to list them but I'm sleepy.

She insults all women...."...the Zerg...The icky bugs" then..."...the Zerg are women". tsk tsk.
The nurture part was a load of crap...definition: to feed, educate, train, help grow develop or cultivate. I never knew we had a tomodachi pet in Zerg form.
I also like how she puts Terran and Protoss buildings as tall, rigid, sharp, etc but fails to mention that with the Zerg: Spire, tall Hive 'arms',

All those larvae....and no males to help create them? Zerg must be asexual then, with both reproductive organs, therefore neither male nor female....but BOTH! Oh noe!

...I never knew my girlfriend's vagina could teleport my penis...lord knows where "... it may emerge at the other end..."...lmao...


Finally...(sorry for the long post), if Zerg truly are the "reproductive economy"...Obama should just tell all the women in the U.S. to start breeding like..rabbits--oops! I mean...breeding like Zergs!

Response
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States1938 Posts
August 13 2009 23:42 GMT
#475
I honestly can't imagine hating myself enough to have to sit down and write out an article like this and post it on the web...but I do hate myself enough to read the entire article and I must say it was awful
the REAL ReSpOnSe
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
August 13 2009 23:52 GMT
#476
Why are all these terrible threads back? O_o.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
redneck_mike
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States124 Posts
August 15 2009 17:08 GMT
#477
couldn't you make an argument that the robo support bay looks like 3 penises heading into a vagina?
im the only person i know of to overuse scouts
Kelly Alerenson
Profile Joined August 2009
United States9 Posts
August 17 2009 20:33 GMT
#478
Hahaha!

Thanks for the laugh everyone,

Who would have thought that a crappy article I wrote poorly seven years ago would make for such a fun Monday!

In short,
I got about 150 e-mails saying "OMFGN3WBTITSORGTFOKIKIKI",
About 20 e-mails thanking me for my efforts,
Ten more asking me if it was ok to repost it elsewhere.
About five (six to be exact) asking me if I need laid, and if so if I'd like their numbers. ... two of which included cock-pics (Doubtfully from the sender themselves, but who knows).
A few from feminists praising or decrying what I said,
And one from a nice young girl who told me I was an inspiration.
As for taking so long to respond to anything,
That's not an e-mail address that I use any more,
I was just curious and bored at work today and thought I'd see if anyone still used it for anything.

I don't really have time to respond to the multitude of good and bad points made in the last 24 pages, but I'll say a word or two:

Firstly, yeah, that article was pretty poorly written.
I wrote it quickly to try to fit into a deadline, and VP picked it up and printed it. It wasn't my best work (by far), and as many of you pointed out, it had some definite problems.
But hey, I was a Sophomore in college and I spent too much time playing SC and not enough time making my argument.
If I'd known it would have reached such popularity a quarter of my life later, I might have worked harder on it. :-D

The important part is that the article was intended to spark discussion, which, seven years later, it did. I probably don't even agree with everything that I said in it, but I'm glad to see communities latching onto it and getting into interesting and important discussions due to it.

The "I'd smash Patriarchy" pic was hilarious to see on the first page of this discussion, as the editor of VP used to use it all the time. Nice bit of nostalgia there.

As was pointed out by some of the people who actually read the article,
The point of this piece wasn't to attack Starcraft, or Blizzard for that matter,
The purpose was to point out how negative gender stereotypes foment in our society and get expressed through our entertainment which thereby perpetuates those stereotypes.
It's problematic, and I admit that the article failed hard at pointing out any good 'fixes' to the problem. But hey, I was young and naive. It doesn't really matter if the good folks at Blizzard knew that they were doing it, and it doesn't really matter if the players realize that it's happening, what matters is *if* it actually effects the way that people (of whatever gender) interact with each other in a negative way. And if it does, then it is something that needs to be looked at critically and fixed. This is true not only of Blizzard games, but of all gaming, and in fact of every aspect of our day to day lives. "The personal is political." We can't pretend that what we do day in and day out doesn't effect the people around us, and doesn't effect the world.
The 76% pay discrepancy is just one fine example.
The outcry of "TL;DL, gunna go fap now" is another fine one,
As is my inbox full of "Fucking Feminist, get back in the Kitchun"
And the insinuation that since I pointed out inequality I must be ugly, fat, recently dumped by a man, a transvestite, a lesbian, and I must have an insect fetish.

Rightly pointed out, so are "chick flicks". They're demeaning and degrading to real people who engage in real relationships.

I found it particularly interesting that the poll posted within the forum showed 36% (when I looked) of people thought that playing zerg did make them think that they represented women.

I took 12 pages of notes that I might some day turn into a proper response,
But that day is not today.

Thank you all for your interest,
My article provoked discussion on an important topic.
It also provided me with a day full of laughter.

(Props to the person who pointed out the irony of mentioning Josie in the first line, in all this time, you're the first person to point out the hilarity of that. It was, of course, intentional.)

To the people who posited that it was an 'epic troll',
You're somewhat right, and somewhat wrong.
The point was to be over-the-top,
To claim too much for the sake of provoking discussion...
As others have pointed out, I really sucked at writing and critical theory then,
So I failed pretty hard.

But hey, it made a discussion happen that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Thanks for the fun,
~Hugs~
~~~Kelly.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
August 17 2009 20:47 GMT
#479
you are my new favorite person
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 17 2009 20:49 GMT
#480
~Hugs~
~~~Elemenope.
In DotA you could
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1275
910 109
Hyun 78
NotJumperer 61
Bale 36
Noble 13
Snow 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto454
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King242
Other Games
summit1g7210
Coldzera 724
JimRising 613
WinterStarcraft422
C9.Mang0295
NeuroSwarm132
PiGStarcraft129
ViBE19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 51
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2186
League of Legends
• Rush1079
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt345
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 26m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.