• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9300 users

StarCraft = Sexist? Some feminists just go too far - Page 23

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
o[twist]
Profile Joined May 2008
United States4903 Posts
August 13 2009 12:40 GMT
#441
let's call ZvZ "girl on girl" from now on

except with jaedong. just like it was JvZ, now it's "jaedong on girl"
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
August 13 2009 12:49 GMT
#442
Even though her zerg argument is completely retarded, the unit voices and what they say really are gender biased and do serve to sexualize women. There is a clear sense of male and female difference in the unit speeches that caters to the male audience when you click on the units.
For instance.. the valkyrie says "I have ways of blowing things.. up" and also "you're being very naughty." The medic and kerrigan also say some similar type things that make them into sexual play things.
This really isn't a surprise though considering the market. Male gamers outnumber females ones 10 to 1, so there's bound to be some fanservice for the guys. Blizzard obviously knows this and makes all their female units sexy and extra-bangable to capitalize on all the horny single gamers.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
August 13 2009 13:44 GMT
#443
ilovelosses is right

Everyone saying "this is retarded" and nothing more, should perhaps use their assumed brain capacity just a tiny bit more
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 13 2009 14:24 GMT
#444
That's all fine, til you get into the whacky theory of vaginal canals and zerg as oppressed women and all that horseshit.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Afasia
Profile Joined August 2009
Finland70 Posts
August 13 2009 14:30 GMT
#445
quit yapping. These days everything is about sex or money. usually both. She is clearly right.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
August 13 2009 14:35 GMT
#446
On August 13 2009 21:49 ilovelosses wrote:
Even though her zerg argument is completely retarded, the unit voices and what they say really are gender biased and do serve to sexualize women. There is a clear sense of male and female difference in the unit speeches that caters to the male audience when you click on the units.
For instance.. the valkyrie says "I have ways of blowing things.. up" and also "you're being very naughty." The medic and kerrigan also say some similar type things that make them into sexual play things.
This really isn't a surprise though considering the market. Male gamers outnumber females ones 10 to 1, so there's bound to be some fanservice for the guys. Blizzard obviously knows this and makes all their female units sexy and extra-bangable to capitalize on all the horny single gamers.


Yah but those women are just playing the roles. They are technically the stereotypical army sass-mouthers, who aren't afraid to say what they want. Many of these women arrived as prisoners too, don't forget.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
orangeshines
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom204 Posts
August 13 2009 14:36 GMT
#447
just read this thread, but wft?

On May 17 2009 21:50 no_comprender wrote:
back in the day people born with congenital defects or a crap immune system died instead of burdening other organisms with their disproportionate consumption, it makes me uncomfortable about the future. how long do we expend more and more resources protecting the rights of the individual without considering the health of the species and society as a whole?


listen you prick, you wouldnt be saying that if your child was born with such a defact would you?
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 15:44:39
August 13 2009 14:38 GMT
#448
On May 17 2009 04:36 vicviper wrote:
Ms. Kelly Alerenson, the author of this article, tries to argue that Zerg runs on a "female" economy, which relies on reproduction, and that Zerg buildings look convincingly gynic. She analyzed further that Zerg gameplay is like the development of an orgasm.

Damn pre-mature 5-pools.

EDIT: Zerg isn't feminate, ever look at an evo chamber closely?
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
August 13 2009 14:47 GMT
#449
If I wasn't making myself clear, I actually do think her argument on zerg representing the unknowable evil woman to be BS, but it's still true that Blizzard games do tend to be sexist. They certainly cater to males and present females with a sense of eroticism.
Makes me remember some of those ums games like "duke has sex with kerrigan" and all those strip the xxx. Not saying these maps have anything to do with Blizzard directly, more with the consumers, but these types of games appearing are definitely nurtured by the male dominated mindset, which has been facilitated by Blizzard.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
August 13 2009 14:55 GMT
#450
lol the chick who wrote that article was dumped by her boyfriend who happened to choose Starcraft over her.
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 15:01:59
August 13 2009 14:58 GMT
#451
On May 19 2009 05:48 VIB wrote:
I'm 100% sure you guys got totally trolled by that article. That girl is probably reading this thread and laughing her ass off.


vicviper Canada. May 17 2009 04:36. Posts 8



This thread made my day :D ok back to reading the article

edit: are there really people here who took seriously? Seriously?
This is masterpiece troll lol, how it happened I even saw philosophic disputes (Moltkeee rofl)?
wwww
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
August 13 2009 15:00 GMT
#452
On August 13 2009 23:55 nayumi wrote:
lol the chick who wrote that article was dumped by her boyfriend who happened to choose Starcraft over her.


no
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
DeiGn
Profile Joined July 2009
France7 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 15:12:22
August 13 2009 15:07 GMT
#453
So you think that games dedicated to man are nurtured by the male mindset, the same way The Sims and Barbie are nurtured by girls mindset...good point...

And yes, the game in itself (game of war+RTS) was targetting primarly a male audience, twhy did they choose to release a strategical game of war is a more interisting question though...

Article is complete shit btw, the Sigmund Freud theory which basically interprets every hole as a symbolic vagina and every proeminent thing as a phallus has been debunked decennies ago by the modern psychologists.
I'm pretty sure it isn't a troll, probably not everything was meant to be taken litteraly though, but a lot is imo pretentious and sincere non-sensical garbage.

beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-13 15:16:39
August 13 2009 15:10 GMT
#454
xD ohmagad

I can't imagine feminist who would go that far
+ Show Spoiler +

Starcraft
Terrans
  • Medic- Speaking Seductively
    "Where does it hurt?"
    "I've already checked you out commander."
    "You want another physical?"
    "Turn your head and cough."
    "Ready for you sponge bath."
  • Vulture
    "I don't have time to fuck around."
  • Siege Tank
    "Yes Sir."
    "Orders Sir."
    (While these last two are not sexual, they give the obvious implication that the game player must be male.)
  • Goliath
    "Checklist completed…. SoB."
    (Again, not only being a sexually derogatory statement, this implies that only males will be empowered; leading the force.)
  • Valkyrie- In an overly sexualized Russian accent.
    "Don't keep me waiting."
    "I have ways of blowing things…. Up."
    "You're being very naughty."
    "Who's your Mommy?"
    "(Stallion neighing)"
  • Sarah Kerrigan
    "I'm ready!"
    "I'm waitin' on you."
    "Easily amused, huh?"
    "Doesn't take a telepath to know what you're thinking."
    "You get off on annoying people, don't you?"
  • Infested Kerrigan
    "Don't think that I need You!"
  • Infested Duran
    "I think you're getting too familiar."
    "I don't think we've met."


and there is still wall of text above

I'm going to mail her picture of me holding sign saying "Woman! You made my day! Please write more like that"
I need to think what should I ask her in mail to get response xd
wwww
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
August 13 2009 15:15 GMT
#455
I wonder what we should call a sunken rush in ZvZ if they refer to the hatchery as a reproductive organ who produces larvae
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
August 13 2009 15:17 GMT
#456
Exception that proves the rule duh :D
wwww
DrLefTy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States36 Posts
August 13 2009 15:33 GMT
#457
So zerg is the feminine race, and our gameplay is that of an orgasm?

I think I was just accused of being a transvestite
Strayline
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States330 Posts
August 13 2009 15:52 GMT
#458
IMO it's sexist that the queen sucks so bad.
Afasia
Profile Joined August 2009
Finland70 Posts
August 13 2009 15:54 GMT
#459
Actually to be on topic. and try to actually contribute something I never liked how blizzard never cared for they amount of sex they try to sell their games with. Thread has mentioned several times already that indeed the units in SC talk in such ways that one could see the females being oppressed.

Now we have to remember though where we live and how everything connects up. Any other product or game out there is doing just the same thing. In a sense we should change the world and what people strive towards to fix this. Just look at WoW female models. they are quite as far-removed from reality as you can get but hardly noone questions them.

Dunno, sex sells. go with it. I for one sure dont mind seeing barely clothed girls in my vidya.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
Aznleeman
Profile Joined November 2007
United States208 Posts
August 13 2009 15:55 GMT
#460
I'm glad I play Protoss: where there are no distinctive female units. (Well, in SC2 maybe the Mothership...) But seriously, I do believe this person is just an epic troll who probably huddles in the sewers of 4chan all day. Or they're just that crazy as to think Blizzard's video games are misogynistic and that all their employees are evil bastards trying to oppress women.

Still, this article made me laugh. I'm going to start calling Nydus Canals "Vaginal Canals." Oh, and whenever someone 4/5 pools, it's going to be an "Orgasm rush."
._.???
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1089
910 100
Hyun 72
NotJumperer 56
Bale 32
sorry 21
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0281
ceh9170
NeuroSwarm109
ViBE28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick595
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 35m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.