• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8785 users

A small note about mice - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 02:20:47
April 16 2009 02:17 GMT
#41
On April 16 2009 09:54 EscPlan9 wrote:
I first started really paying attention to the mice and mousepads I use when I joined a UT2K4 clan. I found I played the game SIGNIFICANTLY better with lower sensitivity and have kept my mice at low sensitivity for every game ever since.

As for mousepads, I've had an expensive large one, and now use a medium sized cheap Belkin one. I like the medium sized Belkin one better actually, and it was like $30 cheaper. It fits easily on my desk and I can play all the games I want without any problem.


Well mousepad size isn't going to do anything to your mouse control at all unless it's so small you go off the edges..

If you find you are better with the Belkin one it's certainly because of the texture.

Anyways yes, any competitive FPS player knows that you are faster and more accurate with low sensitivity. Pair that with the fact that you can also train yourself to also be very fast on larger mouse movements like minimap click as well and it becomes pretty obvious even without referencing the sensitivity of all korean progamers that low sensitivity is the way to go.

It's just not something the foreign RTS world or gaming mouse manufacturers have come to realize yet.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 02:25:39
April 16 2009 02:25 GMT
#42
On April 16 2009 02:08 inReacH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2009 13:11 SonuvBob wrote:
Yeah, I had a crap setup and got 2.8

Still on that crap setup, so I'm not trying again any time soon. :p


Bahaha I couldn't resist..



I'm willing to bet that despite you considering your setup pretty shitty you had fairly low sensitivity.

Nice!

I consider it shitty because it's shitty. As in my mouse is broken. :p
Administrator
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 16 2009 02:34 GMT
#43
On April 16 2009 11:17 inReacH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 09:54 EscPlan9 wrote:
I first started really paying attention to the mice and mousepads I use when I joined a UT2K4 clan. I found I played the game SIGNIFICANTLY better with lower sensitivity and have kept my mice at low sensitivity for every game ever since.

As for mousepads, I've had an expensive large one, and now use a medium sized cheap Belkin one. I like the medium sized Belkin one better actually, and it was like $30 cheaper. It fits easily on my desk and I can play all the games I want without any problem.


Well mousepad size isn't going to do anything to your mouse control at all unless it's so small you go off the edges..

If you find you are better with the Belkin one it's certainly because of the texture.

Anyways yes, any competitive FPS player knows that you are faster and more accurate with low sensitivity. Pair that with the fact that you can also train yourself to also be very fast on larger mouse movements like minimap click as well and it becomes pretty obvious even without referencing the sensitivity of all korean progamers that low sensitivity is the way to go.

It's just not something the foreign RTS world or gaming mouse manufacturers have come to realize yet.


I like it better partially because of the softer texture, but also because of the size (just the right size so I don't go off the edges or need to lift the mouse often) and the price. IIRC it was like $6.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 16 2009 15:18 GMT
#44
On April 16 2009 11:25 SonuvBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 02:08 inReacH wrote:
On April 15 2009 13:11 SonuvBob wrote:
Yeah, I had a crap setup and got 2.8

Still on that crap setup, so I'm not trying again any time soon. :p


Bahaha I couldn't resist..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghwoXpYBzeQ&feature=channel_page

I'm willing to bet that despite you considering your setup pretty shitty you had fairly low sensitivity.

Nice!

I consider it shitty because it's shitty. As in my mouse is broken. :p


Heh, the word broken isn't very descriptive as I'm assuming it can still point and click..
You are or used to be an FPS player correct?
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 16 2009 22:44 GMT
#45
Point, yes. Click.. there's no actual click to it. I like the lack of annoying click sounds, but it's kinda shitty for games since the weight of my finger is enough to make it click.

And yeah, I used to play CS, with low sens using a combination of arm and wrist/finger movements. Before that, I used high sens for everything, so either is fine with me. In Windows I use 1.5" = 1280px, so I guess it's be 0.75" across for SC. It's probably a little low for Popoint, but I was limited by how fast I mentally processed the numbers, not by how fast I could get to them. Probably needed to sit a little further back so there's less eye movement involved.
Administrator
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 18 2009 00:02 GMT
#46
h
ramen247
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1256 Posts
April 18 2009 02:08 GMT
#47
wtf... if i make it so that i need to move it 1.5 inches to get from left side of screen to right side in game, holy crap i cant even move my units rite, it takes forever just to tell my scouting scv to go to this spawn location and this overlord to move there and even takes a long time to do a split...
i hate this ugly firebat. i want a marine.
RobRoy2501
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States177 Posts
April 18 2009 02:40 GMT
#48
wow, I can barely get under 5 on that game.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. -Plutarch
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
April 18 2009 05:14 GMT
#49
i entered this thread looking for cute pictures of small rodents
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
April 18 2009 05:42 GMT
#50
I gave up and increased my mouse sensitivity
:[
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
April 18 2009 06:37 GMT
#51
Good god... I only have 1 cm of movement from edge to edge and I thought I was already a low sensitivity player. :O
Fr33t
Profile Joined June 2008
United States1128 Posts
April 18 2009 06:53 GMT
#52
Uhm, what resolution did you test at? Because moving from one side of the screen to the other on a 1280x1024 resolution is going to be different than 1920x1200. I guess not ingame though.
"Wow you could literally transport Lomo's face to a girl and the result would be pretty deceptive."
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
April 18 2009 08:07 GMT
#53
On April 16 2009 02:08 inReacH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2009 13:11 SonuvBob wrote:
Yeah, I had a crap setup and got 2.8

Still on that crap setup, so I'm not trying again any time soon. :p


Bahaha I couldn't resist..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghwoXpYBzeQ&feature=channel_page

I'm willing to bet that despite you considering your setup pretty shitty you had fairly low sensitivity.

I hate how the color on 6-10 looks exactly the same as the 11-15 ones for me, so I always fail on trying to find the correct numbers
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 18 2009 18:59 GMT
#54
On April 17 2009 07:44 SonuvBob wrote:
Point, yes. Click.. there's no actual click to it. I like the lack of annoying click sounds, but it's kinda shitty for games since the weight of my finger is enough to make it click.

And yeah, I used to play CS, with low sens using a combination of arm and wrist/finger movements. Before that, I used high sens for everything, so either is fine with me. In Windows I use 1.5" = 1280px, so I guess it's be 0.75" across for SC. It's probably a little low for Popoint, but I was limited by how fast I mentally processed the numbers, not by how fast I could get to them. Probably needed to sit a little further back so there's less eye movement involved.


If your resolution is 1280x then your desktop sensitivity is perfect and I would use iccup launcher to achieve the same sensitivity in game.
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 18 2009 19:02 GMT
#55
Hmmm I forgot to take into account that you all still use mouse scroll to play RTS and I use the mouse3 button and thus don't have to go to the edge of the screen.

Gonna edit OP to say sens should be something between 1 and 1.5.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
April 18 2009 19:10 GMT
#56
thanks for the awesome tip! my sensitivity was very high, but now that i've lowered it, i find splittling my workers, and other menial micro tasks a lot easier. (i used to misclick a lot)
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-18 19:13:16
April 18 2009 19:12 GMT
#57
On April 19 2009 04:10 da_head wrote:
thanks for the awesome tip! my sensitivity was very high, but now that i've lowered it, i find splittling my workers, and other menial micro tasks a lot easier. (i used to misclick a lot)


Awesome dude I'm really glad to hear that.
It will just get better and better for a while now.
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-18 20:51:36
April 18 2009 20:04 GMT
#58
I'm using a SteelSeries 4D Plastic Mouse Surface at the moment I really love it tho it isn't really durable as I start feeling allot of friction after 2weeks of use already. So I'm not sure if i should buy a other mousepad or just the same one again. I fear that I will start feeling friction with all of them because I paly pretty much 24/7.
Starcraft 2 - Beta
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
April 18 2009 21:02 GMT
#59
yeah I use a comp usa mouse pad from the nineties.
yes.
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 19 2009 01:59 GMT
#60
On April 18 2009 14:42 Dead9 wrote:
I gave up and increased my mouse sensitivity
:[


On April 18 2009 11:08 ramen247 wrote:
wtf... if i make it so that i need to move it 1.5 inches to get from left side of screen to right side in game, holy crap i cant even move my units rite, it takes forever just to tell my scouting scv to go to this spawn location and this overlord to move there and even takes a long time to do a split...


Give it a week
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2138
Bisu 750
Horang2 481
Jaedong 379
BeSt 368
Hyuk 339
actioN 252
Zeus 181
Light 168
Leta 167
[ Show more ]
firebathero 157
EffOrt 125
Soma 104
ZerO 85
Pusan 66
Stork 66
Sexy 46
Shinee 46
Mong 42
Mind 41
Killer 40
Rush 37
Last 35
soO 32
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 21
PianO 17
Sharp 17
hero 16
sorry 15
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Free 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe215
Fuzer 50
League of Legends
JimRising 345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1422
shoxiejesuss1085
x6flipin87
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1839
Other Games
gofns29194
summit1g7499
singsing1638
crisheroes374
XBOCT263
DeMusliM169
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee92
QueenE38
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream286
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• LUISG 36
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2266
League of Legends
• Jankos2171
• Rush1306
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
Stellar Fest
2h 42m
OSC
13h 42m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.