• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:11
CEST 14:11
KST 21:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8619 users

I love college - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
February 24 2009 11:57 GMT
#61
I've just switched courses (from 2 years of Psychology to Games Software Design/Comp Sci double major to follow my passion of all things video-game related, yay) and I'm kind of disliking uni at the moment. It was easy to make friends and socialize in psych, but so far in this course it's pretty difficult.

The people in my comp sci course that I've met so far are either clued in course-wise and completely socially awkward, or aren't socially awkward but have no idea what they're doing in this course (I've already had to practically do the work for two people because they had no idea).

But yeah, no amazing stories or anything. In my speech pathiology unit in first year of psychology I was the only male in the whole _unit_, that was fun and today I saw someone spell vehicle "veilcle". <_<
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
February 24 2009 12:41 GMT
#62
Start a college story thread without your own story? :x
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
February 24 2009 13:15 GMT
#63
Our colleges don't have dorms -_-.

So it's actually pretty lonely. Everyone just rock up for class and go home. Only the try hards and the extreme nerds stay behind and try to suck up to the lecturers.

faculty sucked. Our faculty (Computer science) got owned and all our new buildings with good coms got relocated to engineering -_-.
Rillanon.au
OSWater
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1343 Posts
February 24 2009 13:20 GMT
#64
My friend died having sex with a girl.
We had a lifeguard friend CPR him, and hes fine now.
It was weird.
Douglas is the king of the mountain, and the mountain is great
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
February 24 2009 13:29 GMT
#65
OMG I'm getting laid ...... WHATS THAT PAIN IN MY CHEST? AAAAAAAAAAAA
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
February 24 2009 13:32 GMT
#66
On February 24 2009 18:32 Polyphasic wrote:
developed sever depression in junior year. deleted my facebook account and stopped talking to all my friends. two years later, none of them have yet to check to see if i'm still alive or why i disappeared. crashed my car into a pole. gpa dropped from 3.91 to 3.6. parents have been leaving messages on my voicemail wondering where i am for months. i haven't talked to my dad in 8 years. my mom was crying in one.

yay my life.


oh no a 3.6 gpa

on the real: call them.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
February 24 2009 13:32 GMT
#67
On February 24 2009 14:28 Butigroove wrote:


I don't really have any stories that don't involve copious amounts of alcohol. :S


this song is soooo stupid.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
JudgeMathis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Cuba1286 Posts
February 24 2009 13:45 GMT
#68
This is more of a I hate college thing:
Sitting on a bench talking shit with a buddy and some girl walks by. She is missing the top front row of her teeth. My friend and I had just stop talking just to look at this girls missing grill. So, I turn around to say something to my friend ignoring the ugly creature until his face turned into one of disgust. From what he said, it was something you didn't want to see. I was looking around to see the reaction of the crowd and they were more like this: :r
Benching 225 is light weight. Soy Cubano y Boricua!
SmoKing2012
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States385 Posts
February 24 2009 13:56 GMT
#69
On February 24 2009 19:32 Jayme wrote:
Human beings only require 5 hours of sleep a night to function properly between the ages of 20-30, it's really the truth. Medical studies and all that have indicated the only reason people start to go bad with less then 7 hours is because they aren't used to it...

I go on about 5 and a half hours of sleep a night and I'm absolutely fine.

Source?
How do you like them apples, ho-bag? And how do you like those very same apples, Eggars!
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 14:01:54
February 24 2009 14:01 GMT
#70
Not been in college yet, but I guess I can share some cool moments I've experienced in highschool.

- The countless times we've been Thursday drinking, showing up hungogver/drunk for classes the next day, getting 1-2 hours of sleep.
- Our studytrip, where we averaged 3½ hours a sleep at night. Would've been less, but for some absurd reason everything closes at 2 am in Paris. On the same trip I remember gladly paying 11€'s for Mojitos at a place called Rotonde: best drink I've ever had, 4 kinds of rum and mixed just the right way. Litterally blew 200€'s there over the span of 4 nights.
- On same trip: throwing up in the metro, running from the cops because we thought drinking was illegal in the streets, having a friend stripping in a crowded metro-train (and recording it, and showing it to the teachers) and wondering why beer costs nothing in supermarkets, but is expensive as shit in bars.
- SuperBowl, with a followup Volleyball tournament the next day: never been so tired in my life.
- Locking a friend inside a garden, forcing him to break it to get out. (The guy was pissed afterwards; the rest of us couldn't control ourselves laughing)
- Boarding ships at the local harbor at 5.30 in the morning, and afterwards proceding to climb every building we could find. Getting home at 7 on a friday morning, while my mum was on her way to work. She thought I was home sleeping: awkward moment.
- Roskilde Festival 2007. Greatest thing ever.
- Also a ton of fun sober moments, including my biology teacher busting me and 5 friends watching porn in the lunch break... :/
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
February 24 2009 15:02 GMT
#71
well college is like this

(A friend of mine who can't drink for shit.... and look what happened =\)

[image loading]
Sky
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Jordan812 Posts
February 24 2009 16:59 GMT
#72
My parents came to visit for the day and bought me one of those Wal-Mart Chickens. I ate the whole thing down and felt weird the rest of the day. That night I went to the new bar in town and had a race to drink down a pitcher of bud before my friend could drink his. Managed to get a ride from someone who was sober, climbed into bed and slept. In the middle of the night I felt this wet spot and since I was so tired I just crawled into a little ball at the corner of my bed to avoid the spot. The next morning I found some vomit liquid on my sheets, comforter, and pillows, but nothing chunky (thank god).

I go to the laundromat and stick my curled up comforter into the machine. When I got back to the washer to take out my comforter there looked to be little pieces of pink chicken all over my comforter, so I pulled it out. As I pull out my comforter I hear this loud **thump** and look down to find a spherical clump of vomit, mostly consisting of pink chicken sitting on the floor. I also found the same in my bedsheets. Luckily no-one was at the laundromat! Had to buy some new things for my bed though... )=


The best thing I love about my college life is living an hour from a ski resort, which I can go to at least three times a week after my classes... sexy...
...jumping into cold water whenever I get the chance.
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 18:56:10
February 24 2009 18:55 GMT
#73
I HATE community college...no good women no beer and not nearly as many parties...
but somehow I think ucsc is gonna be a lot more fun. As for stories I have none for college...yet.
yes.
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
February 24 2009 18:58 GMT
#74
On February 24 2009 17:39 Solinren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:09 Raithed wrote:
On February 24 2009 14:13 Solinren wrote:
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.

how can you "fail" if its just a homework, like, have you NOT done any homework? you should start man, homework = points. o_o


In order to really understand this "discrete shit", you have to really do the homework and read the textbook over and over again. Got a 52 on a midterm.

ouch. im sorry haha.
Braintricks
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
137 Posts
February 24 2009 19:38 GMT
#75
On February 24 2009 14:50 SmoKing2012 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 14:35 Braintricks wrote:
Whenever my girlfriend is in the room, my roommate freaks out and won't stay in her presence for longer than a few minutes. His excuse is that he knows we'd be wanting to do "other things" rather than be bothered by him. It's extremely annoying.

You'd rather have your roommate in the room when your girlfriend's over?


That's really not the point. I'd never ask him to leave the room because as much as it's my room, it's his room as well. And, even if he leaves, he doesn't tell me when he's going to be back because he feels like I'm being the asshole by "kicking" him out when I never asked him to leave in the first place.

I suppose I should give the whole story though.

We were decent friends before college. We hung out with same friends, knew each other at least a little. It's not like we were best friends and had been planning on this since we were born but, we both went to the same high school and figured rooming together would be better than rooming with a random person.

Anyways, coincidentally, as soon as I went to college, things with a girl I'd been interested finally worked out and she came up for a weekend (ie. she doesn't go to school here, 3 hour drive away) and since I figured he'd be fine with it, he hung out with one of her friends along with our neighbor from across the hall, while her and I had some alone time. Little did I know the complications this would cause.

So, next next weekend rolls around and he decides he's going to go visit his parents. I jump on the opportunity to invite my girlfriend up. He then mentions to me that he's only visiting his parents so her and I can have the weekend together. I told him he doesn't have to do that, that we'd be just as content with the situation if she just got to sleep over. There'd be no wild sexcapades, but that's fine, as long as I got to see her. But he insists, so whatever. I get to spend a weekend lounging around with her.

Subsequent weekends pass and I ask if it's fine with him if she stays over. He says it'd be really uncomfortable for him because he knows we'd rather be doing other things that if he wasn't there, we could do. I tell him that that's true, but she just needs somewhere to stay. But no no, he drags the RA into it and his parents and tells all our mutual friends that I'm trying to kick him out of the room all the time just so I can have sex with my girlfriend for the entire weekend, etc etc. I give up, whatever, she'll just come up for the day. I get to see her at least and the room is in relative peace.

She comes up that day and I ask if he's going to be out the room at any point during the day. He tells me that "he doesn't know" and says something to the tune of i can't believe you even dare to ask me this because of the way you've been treating me. So, I'm wtfing and saying I just want to know when you're out so you don't have to worry about walking in on us or whatever. You don't have to change your routine at all. He maintains that he shouldn't have to text anyone to get into his own room and storms off to do something.

Anyways, this has been going on for awhile now. Weekends come and go and she spends weekends when he's out of town and if he's not, she just comes up for the day and we hang out, get dinner whatever. But then! I have the brilliant idea that she can just stay in a friend's room, who lives across the hall, and while it sucks, at least I get to see her some more. So, I mention to him that she's coming up and she's going to stay in our friend's room and he gives me a muffled response that I interpret as "yes, I heard you." I don't really know what his big problem is with it, but whatever. I'm starting to care less and less. She comes up, and after a day of watching movies with her and our mutual friend and chuckling as we see my roommate run in the room for 2 seconds then run back out, when it's pretty obvious that we're just sitting there, watching movies, not having a threesome or whatever he thinks is happening. Anyways, she sleeps in the room across the hall and that's that and she leaves the next night.

He later tells that mutual friend that he had no idea she was coming up and is fucking pissed at me for making him look like an asshole in front of everyone. Well gee, I figured I was helping him out by not having him deal with the awkwardness he says he would get if we all slept in the same room. He never confronts me about it, he just doesn't really talk to me anymore.

Flash forward to now, he's joined a frat and has his new friends and I have my friends and we've kind of been doing our own thing but now, I have a job that makes me work weekends and because of that, I can't just spend days with her, because that's when I work and it's pretty dumb if she'd come up on the train, spends the 50 bucks and sees me for 30 minutes or however it ends up being. So, next weekend I'm pretty set on having her stay over, despite his being weird about it and hopefully he'll see that it's really not a big deal, but I'm pretty sure he's going to overreact, like he does to everything, and I'll end up in a pile of shit. But to be honest, I could care less because despite what he thinks, I need to see her. Otherwise, I feel like shit and I can't really focus on school or work or whatever.

tldr; Probably should have been a blog spot.
goddamn nerd rappers
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
February 24 2009 20:31 GMT
#76
awwww. you really love ur gf ha?

ur roommate is weird T_T
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
February 24 2009 21:56 GMT
#77
give the dude a 20 and tell him dinner's on you and you'll be done by 9 or whenever. People like money.
yes.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
February 24 2009 22:06 GMT
#78
On February 24 2009 18:59 Boblion wrote:
Pro:
- cheap as fuck ( 400 euros/year ROLF )
- You get some cool aids as a student.
- You can repeat the years with infinite continues :D

My school sucks, but at least I'd see catching aids as a turn for the worse.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1231
WardiTV539
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 7850
StarCastTV_EN175
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko420
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 15672
Bisu 2946
Jaedong 2026
BeSt 1032
EffOrt 906
ZerO 414
Horang2 413
actioN 262
Larva 218
Zeus 168
[ Show more ]
Pusan 162
Barracks 101
Mind 101
Yoon 90
Hyun 81
ggaemo 72
Mini 64
Snow 54
Killer 51
Shinee 48
Sea.KH 45
Sharp 37
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 32
NotJumperer 32
scan(afreeca) 31
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 15
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 10
sorry 9
hero 4
Dota 2
Dendi925
Gorgc458
qojqva52
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1340
byalli788
markeloff93
Other Games
crisheroes282
B2W.Neo269
Pyrionflax194
DeMusliM187
dupreeh114
hiko80
Mew2King63
Livibee60
QueenE53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 83
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV634
League of Legends
• Jankos1325
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 49m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.