• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10142 users

I love college - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 24 2009 06:35 GMT
#41
On February 24 2009 15:19 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
freshman year me my roommate and 2 neighbors stole a whole spool of rope from the soccer field one night and successfully tied all the doors from the floor below us together shut (it was like 20-30 rooms)

I'm so jealous =O

would be so much fun
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 06:39:00
February 24 2009 06:38 GMT
#42
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
February 24 2009 07:58 GMT
#43
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.

Too bad you don't go to bat with ten girls a day.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
February 24 2009 08:06 GMT
#44
On February 24 2009 16:58 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.

Too bad you don't go to bat with ten girls a day.


With that kind of ratio, you could probably afford to. And half of them would probably say yes -_-;;
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
February 24 2009 08:15 GMT
#45
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering
i_heart_nukes
Profile Joined February 2009
United States21 Posts
February 24 2009 08:26 GMT
#46
College was nice. I should have slept with far more women. The "real world" blows.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
February 24 2009 08:30 GMT
#47
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Solinren
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2653 Posts
February 24 2009 08:39 GMT
#48
On February 24 2009 15:09 Raithed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 14:13 Solinren wrote:
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.

how can you "fail" if its just a homework, like, have you NOT done any homework? you should start man, homework = points. o_o


In order to really understand this "discrete shit", you have to really do the homework and read the textbook over and over again. Got a 52 on a midterm.
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 08:47:58
February 24 2009 08:45 GMT
#49
During my time at UCSB, I had countless odd, hilarious, drunken nights. There is one in particular though that sticks out in my mind:

Thursdays in Santa Barbara are "Student/Local Nights" and all the college kids make their way to the numerous bars and clubs on State Street. This particular night happened to my good friend P-Bon's birthday. Thus, he decided it would be a good idea to go sake bombing at a local sushi restaurant before going out clubbing.

During sake bombing we got some special deal and ended up running a $800 bill just on booze between about 6 guys and 6 gals. We were clearly shitfaced already, but decided to hit up the nearby irish pub, and then go to a club so we could get our terrible grooves on.

I remember ordering 2 shots of whiskey and this is where things started getting fuzzy. I remember looking across the dance floor and seeing two saucy chicas dancing with each other. I figured this was my best bet to get laid and went over. This lasted a good while and eventually heard the last call echoing throughout the club. So I excuse myself and try to find my friends only to find them gone and my phone out of batteries. Additionally, I can't find my fucking ATM card and am completely out of cash.

I walk up and down the streets furiously trying to locate the bus that usually drives all the drunken students back to Isla Vista (the adjacent UCSB college town) but to no avail. I can't hail a cab because it's goddamn near 3AM and I have no money and can't call my friends.

Thus, I walk into a 24/7 donut shop, grab two old-fashioned chocolate donuts (mmmmm....) and start running back to UCSB. One problem, it's ~15 miles and can only be reached by freeway...

So I run onto the on-ramp and start hauling ass in the shoulder/running in the slow lane when the guard rail pushes me too close. Cars are honking furiously at me and flashing their high beams. All the time this is going on, I feel pretty good and for some reason think running a 1/2 marathon is a viable way of getting home on a 0.3+ blood alcohol level...

Anyway, after making it about 3-4 miles a car comes too close for comfort and am forced to run amongst the tall grass and weeds on the other side of the railing on the shoulder. After running in the weeds for about 100 yards I fall in a deep concrete ditch and my leg starts bleeding through my now ripped pants. I stumble on in agony alongside the freeway.

I can only make it a bit further and start to hobble because my leg hurts like a son of a bitch when I hear a honk and a car pulls up behind me. It's a taxi. Some guy yells out to me "Look you drunk bastard! There's CHP right behind me, and if you don't get in this goddamn van right now you're going to jail..." I promptly hop in try to explain what I was trying to do. He looks and me and shakes his head is disapproval.

When we get back to Isla Vista I finally tell him I have no money and he's furious. He says he'll drive me to an ATM so I can get some cash to pay for this $38 cab ride. I intentionally stear him toward an ATM machine that about a half mile away from my house. I start to walk up to the ATM and I book it the other way. He gets out and starts chasing me. Fortunately I'm pretty athletic and the adrenaline is kicking in because of this 40 year old Middle Eastern man who is chasing me. I hop a few short fences, run through some parks, down an alley and into the safety of my front door.

It's damn near 7:00am and some of my roomates are in the living room getting ready to go to work and their friday morning classes. They crack up after I told them my night. I pass out on the couch and don't wake up until 5pm.

Definitely one of my more epic nights....
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
February 24 2009 08:46 GMT
#50
On February 24 2009 17:30 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;


meh
i got used to it pretty fast
i took a lot of naps though
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 08:51:58
February 24 2009 08:51 GMT
#51
On February 24 2009 17:39 Solinren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 15:09 Raithed wrote:
On February 24 2009 14:13 Solinren wrote:
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.

how can you "fail" if its just a homework, like, have you NOT done any homework? you should start man, homework = points. o_o


In order to really understand this "discrete shit", you have to really do the homework and read the textbook over and over again. Got a 52 on a midterm.

I got top grade in discrete without even buying the book, it is not hard tbh.

On February 24 2009 17:30 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;

Bad choice, if you don't sleep your memory will suffer.
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
February 24 2009 09:01 GMT
#52
On February 24 2009 14:36 Ziph wrote:
I hate college, SUCH A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME. Everything I learned I could have learned for free by myself in like 1month instead of 2years I quit and i'm definitely never going too one again. Shit sucks, in the 2years all i learned was common fucking sense stuff -.-.


What school do you go to?
Ry-Masta-T
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States478 Posts
February 24 2009 09:02 GMT
#53
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 24 2009 17:45 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
During my time at UCSB, I had countless odd, hilarious, drunken nights. There is one in particular though that sticks out in my mind:

Thursdays in Santa Barbara are "Student/Local Nights" and all the college kids make their way to the numerous bars and clubs on State Street. This particular night happened to my good friend P-Bon's birthday. Thus, he decided it would be a good idea to go sake bombing at a local sushi restaurant before going out clubbing.

During sake bombing we got some special deal and ended up running a $800 bill just on booze between about 6 guys and 6 gals. We were clearly shitfaced already, but decided to hit up the nearby irish pub, and then go to a club so we could get our terrible grooves on.

I remember ordering 2 shots of whiskey and this is where things started getting fuzzy. I remember looking across the dance floor and seeing two saucy chicas dancing with each other. I figured this was my best bet to get laid and went over. This lasted a good while and eventually heard the last call echoing throughout the club. So I excuse myself and try to find my friends only to find them gone and my phone out of batteries. Additionally, I can't find my fucking ATM card and am completely out of cash.

I walk up and down the streets furiously trying to locate the bus that usually drives all the drunken students back to Isla Vista (the adjacent UCSB college town) but to no avail. I can't hail a cab because it's goddamn near 3AM and I have no money and can't call my friends.

Thus, I walk into a 24/7 donut shop, grab two old-fashioned chocolate donuts (mmmmm....) and start running back to UCSB. One problem, it's ~15 miles and can only be reached by freeway...

So I run onto the on-ramp and start hauling ass in the shoulder/running in the slow lane when the guard rail pushes me too close. Cars are honking furiously at me and flashing their high beams. All the time this is going on, I feel pretty good and for some reason think running a 1/2 marathon is a viable way of getting home on a 0.3+ blood alcohol level...

Anyway, after making it about 3-4 miles a car comes too close for comfort and am forced to run amongst the tall grass and weeds on the other side of the railing on the shoulder. After running in the weeds for about 100 yards I fall in a deep concrete ditch and my leg starts bleeding through my now ripped pants. I stumble on in agony alongside the freeway.

I can only make it a bit further and start to hobble because my leg hurts like a son of a bitch when I hear a honk and a car pulls up behind me. It's a taxi. Some guy yells out to me "Look you drunk bastard! There's CHP right behind me, and if you don't get in this goddamn van right now you're going to jail..." I promptly hop in try to explain what I was trying to do. He looks and me and shakes his head is disapproval.

When we get back to Isla Vista I finally tell him I have no money and he's furious. He says he'll drive me to an ATM so I can get some cash to pay for this $38 cab ride. I intentionally stear him toward an ATM machine that about a half mile away from my house. I start to walk up to the ATM and I book it the other way. He gets out and starts chasing me. Fortunately I'm pretty athletic and the adrenaline is kicking in because of this 40 year old Middle Eastern man who is chasing me. I hop a few short fences, run through some parks, down an alley and into the safety of my front door.

It's damn near 7:00am and some of my roomates are in the living room getting ready to go to work and their friday morning classes. They crack up after I told them my night. I pass out on the couch and don't wake up until 5pm.

Definitely one of my more epic nights....


That's pretty fucked up. The guy saves your ass and drives you home and you stiff him...
Speak the word...
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
February 24 2009 09:03 GMT
#54
My roommate got drunk one day. and I woke up at 2AM seeing him standing next to my bed peeing in the middle of the room. I was like WTF and he said (P)Oops and zipped up his pants and immediately walked to the window and tried to pee outside. Except window was too high to (P)Reach so he splashed everywhere. Next day he doesn't remember a thing. Good thing there was a stain on the floor for proof.
+ Show Spoiler +
The smell sucked.
Polyphasic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States841 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 09:35:37
February 24 2009 09:32 GMT
#55
developed sever depression in junior year. deleted my facebook account and stopped talking to all my friends. two years later, none of them have yet to check to see if i'm still alive or why i disappeared. crashed my car into a pole. gpa dropped from 3.91 to 3.6. parents have been leaving messages on my voicemail wondering where i am for months. i haven't talked to my dad in 8 years. my mom was crying in one.

yay my life.
can't making a relationship last longer than 2 weeks, since 1984 :thumbs:
Hypnosis
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States2061 Posts
February 24 2009 09:38 GMT
#56
On February 24 2009 17:46 KOFgokuon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:30 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;


meh
i got used to it pretty fast
i took a lot of naps though


sleep doesnt exist.. smoke weed every day.
Science without religion is lame, Religion without science is blind
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 10:36:44
February 24 2009 09:59 GMT
#57
College sucks here especially the first 3 years.

- Overcrowded classes.
- Most of the diploma certificates sucks and have no real value. Lol at degrees, don't even expect to get a jgood ob with it, even a master's degree isn't always enough :D
- Shitty schedules.
- Lot of shitty teachers ( bad / no charisma / "don't care attitude" )
- %£µ°0°23+234°+23A4°23A4 foreign teachers who don't fucking know how to speak properly.
- You won't make friends here.
- Often leads to procrastination
- Shitty shitty careers guidance and advice.
- Strikes almost every years ( thx god i'm in a university with hardcore right-wing law students ( lol pleonasm )


Pro:
- cheap as fuck ( 400 euros/year ROLF )
- You get some cool aids as a student.
- You can repeat the years with infinite continues :D
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 10:15:31
February 24 2009 10:12 GMT
#58
I started this year off as a fall athlete, so I got here early (1 week ahead of everyone who wasn't). I live in a suite situation with 5 other rooms, all tripled up. By the day every other freshman moved in, I had decided that my coach was a dumbass and I wasn't running anymore. I lucked out in that my roommate never showed up and I got a single. Anyways, the day of move-ins, the place was a fucking mess, so I decided to sleep in (till like 1 or 2) and then I'd go out for a late afternoon run at the rec center.

I wake up around 2 and everyone is moved in (16 other dudes - not only did I end up with a single, but I was slated for a double among a school that was supposedly tripling all freshman). However, when I open my door, there is a curtain of toilet paper in front of my door. I tear it down to find a pyramid about 3 feet tall of solo plastic bowls filled with water. Those motherfuckers trapped me in here with fucking paper supplies.

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 24 2009 17:45 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
During my time at UCSB, I had countless odd, hilarious, drunken nights. There is one in particular though that sticks out in my mind:

Thursdays in Santa Barbara are "Student/Local Nights" and all the college kids make their way to the numerous bars and clubs on State Street. This particular night happened to my good friend P-Bon's birthday. Thus, he decided it would be a good idea to go sake bombing at a local sushi restaurant before going out clubbing.

During sake bombing we got some special deal and ended up running a $800 bill just on booze between about 6 guys and 6 gals. We were clearly shitfaced already, but decided to hit up the nearby irish pub, and then go to a club so we could get our terrible grooves on.

I remember ordering 2 shots of whiskey and this is where things started getting fuzzy. I remember looking across the dance floor and seeing two saucy chicas dancing with each other. I figured this was my best bet to get laid and went over. This lasted a good while and eventually heard the last call echoing throughout the club. So I excuse myself and try to find my friends only to find them gone and my phone out of batteries. Additionally, I can't find my fucking ATM card and am completely out of cash.

I walk up and down the streets furiously trying to locate the bus that usually drives all the drunken students back to Isla Vista (the adjacent UCSB college town) but to no avail. I can't hail a cab because it's goddamn near 3AM and I have no money and can't call my friends.

Thus, I walk into a 24/7 donut shop, grab two old-fashioned chocolate donuts (mmmmm....) and start running back to UCSB. One problem, it's ~15 miles and can only be reached by freeway...

So I run onto the on-ramp and start hauling ass in the shoulder/running in the slow lane when the guard rail pushes me too close. Cars are honking furiously at me and flashing their high beams. All the time this is going on, I feel pretty good and for some reason think running a 1/2 marathon is a viable way of getting home on a 0.3+ blood alcohol level...

Anyway, after making it about 3-4 miles a car comes too close for comfort and am forced to run amongst the tall grass and weeds on the other side of the railing on the shoulder. After running in the weeds for about 100 yards I fall in a deep concrete ditch and my leg starts bleeding through my now ripped pants. I stumble on in agony alongside the freeway.

I can only make it a bit further and start to hobble because my leg hurts like a son of a bitch when I hear a honk and a car pulls up behind me. It's a taxi. Some guy yells out to me "Look you drunk bastard! There's CHP right behind me, and if you don't get in this goddamn van right now you're going to jail..." I promptly hop in try to explain what I was trying to do. He looks and me and shakes his head is disapproval.

When we get back to Isla Vista I finally tell him I have no money and he's furious. He says he'll drive me to an ATM so I can get some cash to pay for this $38 cab ride. I intentionally stear him toward an ATM machine that about a half mile away from my house. I start to walk up to the ATM and I book it the other way. He gets out and starts chasing me. Fortunately I'm pretty athletic and the adrenaline is kicking in because of this 40 year old Middle Eastern man who is chasing me. I hop a few short fences, run through some parks, down an alley and into the safety of my front door.

It's damn near 7:00am and some of my roomates are in the living room getting ready to go to work and their friday morning classes. They crack up after I told them my night. I pass out on the couch and don't wake up until 5pm.

Definitely one of my more epic nights....


WIN
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
February 24 2009 10:32 GMT
#59
On February 24 2009 17:51 Klockan3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:39 Solinren wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:09 Raithed wrote:
On February 24 2009 14:13 Solinren wrote:
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.

how can you "fail" if its just a homework, like, have you NOT done any homework? you should start man, homework = points. o_o


In order to really understand this "discrete shit", you have to really do the homework and read the textbook over and over again. Got a 52 on a midterm.

I got top grade in discrete without even buying the book, it is not hard tbh.

Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:30 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;

Bad choice, if you don't sleep your memory will suffer.


Human beings only require 5 hours of sleep a night to function properly between the ages of 20-30, it's really the truth. Medical studies and all that have indicated the only reason people start to go bad with less then 7 hours is because they aren't used to it...

I go on about 5 and a half hours of sleep a night and I'm absolutely fine.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 16:36:05
February 24 2009 11:42 GMT
#60
On February 24 2009 19:32 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 17:51 Klockan3 wrote:
On February 24 2009 17:39 Solinren wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:09 Raithed wrote:
On February 24 2009 14:13 Solinren wrote:
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.

how can you "fail" if its just a homework, like, have you NOT done any homework? you should start man, homework = points. o_o


In order to really understand this "discrete shit", you have to really do the homework and read the textbook over and over again. Got a 52 on a midterm.

I got top grade in discrete without even buying the book, it is not hard tbh.

On February 24 2009 17:30 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On February 24 2009 17:15 KOFgokuon wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
On February 24 2009 15:32 ShoCkeyy wrote:
i go to an art school that includes fashion design. So basically all the hot girls i hit on. Oh and i haven't had any good stories :C

I transferred from an engineering school of 2,000 students with 85%-90% male students to a state school of 20,000 students with 2/3 female students.

I have calculated (because that's what engineers do) that I could strike out with 10 girls a day and never run out of girls to strike out with due to new freshmen every year.


<3 engineering


<3 engineering as well. But seriously? I haven't gotten over 6 hours of sleep for the last 2 weeks -_-;;

Bad choice, if you don't sleep your memory will suffer.


Human beings only require 5 hours of sleep a night to function properly between the ages of 20-30, it's really the truth. Medical studies and all that have indicated the only reason people start to go bad with less then 7 hours is because they aren't used to it...

I go on about 5 and a half hours of sleep a night and I'm absolutely fine.

Require and optimal are different things.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 308
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 128
BRAT_OK 72
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3106
Bisu 2175
Soulkey 1029
EffOrt 510
Larva 410
Mini 380
ZerO 198
Dewaltoss 186
hero 103
Mind 75
[ Show more ]
sorry 62
Sharp 61
Shinee 50
Barracks 34
Bale 28
Terrorterran 23
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Dendi1268
XaKoH 436
420jenkins392
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m4603
pashabiceps787
Fnx 671
x6flipin324
edward28
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu390
Other Games
Grubby2860
Liquid`RaSZi1567
FrodaN717
XBOCT260
Livibee182
TKL 113
C9.Mang0106
QueenE96
RotterdaM50
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 51
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3019
• TFBlade701
Other Games
• Shiphtur560
• WagamamaTV498
• imaqtpie471
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 14m
Patches Events
22h 14m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.