• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6460 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4507

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 6000 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 04 2024 23:28 GMT
#90121
On November 05 2024 07:53 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.

I think there was a fair amount of irony or else general dismissal of the endorsement from those posters. Basically, I interpreted all of that to mean the endorsements were meaningless and that any attempt to create meaning of it was absurd on its face and they weren't giving it the time of day.

What can I say, if someone is seemingly more interested in finding hypocrisy than finding the truth, I give it somewhat short shrift.

Cheers for the post back from the time, honestly I largely steered clear from interjecting on the whole trucker thing due to ignorance, so didn’t take a position on it, but interesting to read an old account from the coal face as it were.

I’m not remotely a fan of assumed guilt by association, I’ll give a certain subset of libertarians shit on it because they’ll willingly platform complete pieces of shit.

1. I just think the ‘free marketplace of ideas’ is hopelessly naive and doesn’t work in many applications
2. If you’re a libertarian who frequently decries the left, but is OK platforming actual Nazis and having civil streams with them or w/e, I think it’s a reasonable assumption that you prefer their worldview to that of the vague left.
3. Hey, some of my beliefs are antithetical to yours, that happens and is fair enough. But so is much of Fascism so why the fuck are you giving them a fair shake?

Hey it’s a reasonably specific subset, not a majority of declared libertarians, although IMO large enough to be recognisable.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
November 05 2024 00:09 GMT
#90122
If you want to analyze what the endorsements mean for the canidate you can very easily look into why they're endorsing the candidate. I attacked the trucker protest for their white supremist symbols being associated with it because the things they were protesting were in line with what the white supremists wanted, and their only issue was the obvious bad image embracing them publically would be. Cheney Spencer and others are endorsing harris because they think harris isn't a sundowning shitshow and has legitimate policy. She can be trusted with the nuclear codes and act competently when faced with information.

The messaging around how harris has used the endorsement of the Cheneys has been very clear that they don't agree on policy, whereas the truckers protest very much was in line with the anti government conspiracy theory narrative performative nonsense that white supremacists love to preach. They might have disagreed on who or why exactly the conspiracy was being done by or for what but they are both were in agreement that the government was lieing about the vaccine being legitimate for public health and that they should destabilize the government in response. That whole shit was timed so that it would run out of steam just as the prepanned ending of the vaccine mandate would go through to pretend that they had a victory and they were the ones who defeated the government through the power of cruelty.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 00:42 GMT
#90123
On November 05 2024 09:09 Sermokala wrote:
If you want to analyze what the endorsements mean for the canidate you can very easily look into why they're endorsing the candidate. I attacked the trucker protest for their white supremist symbols being associated with it because the things they were protesting were in line with what the white supremists wanted, and their only issue was the obvious bad image embracing them publically would be. Cheney Spencer and others are endorsing harris because they think harris isn't a sundowning shitshow and has legitimate policy. She can be trusted with the nuclear codes and act competently when faced with information.

The messaging around how harris has used the endorsement of the Cheneys has been very clear that they don't agree on policy, whereas the truckers protest very much was in line with the anti government conspiracy theory narrative performative nonsense that white supremacists love to preach. They might have disagreed on who or why exactly the conspiracy was being done by or for what but they are both were in agreement that the government was lieing about the vaccine being legitimate for public health and that they should destabilize the government in response. That whole shit was timed so that it would run out of steam just as the prepanned ending of the vaccine mandate would go through to pretend that they had a victory and they were the ones who defeated the government through the power of cruelty.

I’ll sidestep the trucker stuff, not my wheelhouse, not something I know much about.

But as per these recent endorsements, yeah 100%.

These people aren’t flipping parties, or wider platforms. All Cheney, or Arnie or whoever have said is ‘I’m a Republican, I believe in certain values but Donald Trump is so shit I’m reluctantly endorsing the other lot this time.’

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-05 01:01:41
November 05 2024 00:55 GMT
#90124
On November 05 2024 07:53 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.

I think there was a fair amount of irony or else general dismissal of the endorsement from those posters. Basically, I interpreted all of that to mean the endorsements were meaningless and that any attempt to create meaning of it was absurd on its face and they weren't giving it the time of day.

In all honesty (not sure how acquainted with the thread you are) after reading reactions to Cheney, Bush girl, Arnie and post (edit part: specifically Sermo) after yours, are you still think there " was a fair amount of irony or else general dismissal of the endorsement from those posters"

Honest question not bait.

Edit: some typos

Edit 2: specified poster (dont want to do Wombat injustice) and removed plural form
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 01:07 GMT
#90125
On November 05 2024 09:55 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 07:53 Falling wrote:
This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.

I think there was a fair amount of irony or else general dismissal of the endorsement from those posters. Basically, I interpreted all of that to mean the endorsements were meaningless and that any attempt to create meaning of it was absurd on its face and they weren't giving it the time of day.

In all honesty (not sure how acquainted with the thread you are) after reading reactions to Cheney, Bush girl, Arnie and posts after yours, are you still think there " was a fair amount of irony or else general dismissal of the endorsement from those posters"

Honest question not bait.

Edit: some typos

What is your question?

Nobody’s going ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’

It’s literally just an observation that x individual is someone we largely disagree with, wouldn’t vote for, but that considers Trump to be so deficient that they’ll come out against him.

I’m really unsure what point you’re even making
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
November 05 2024 01:22 GMT
#90126
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 01:34 GMT
#90127
On November 05 2024 10:22 Razyda wrote:
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Plausible deniability for what?

I said I didn’t understand what your wider point was and I stand by that. Perhaps if I pose the question again I might get some insight.

Are ‘we’ just not supposed to comment on that endorsement or what?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse, I’m genuinely unsure what point you’re trying to make here
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
November 05 2024 01:51 GMT
#90128
On November 05 2024 10:34 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 10:22 Razyda wrote:
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Plausible deniability for what?

I said I didn’t understand what your wider point was and I stand by that. Perhaps if I pose the question again I might get some insight.

Are ‘we’ just not supposed to comment on that endorsement or what?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse, I’m genuinely unsure what point you’re trying to make here


I am not sure what you cant understand?

I think I explained what I mean here:

On November 05 2024 07:31 Razyda wrote:

Now if memory serves right Truckers protest is perfect parallel here. If i remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong) truckers chased away hakenkreuz lads? they didnt went: "dudes are kinda bad, but they see the reason, great that they joined us". This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.


WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 02:10 GMT
#90129
On November 05 2024 10:51 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 10:34 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 10:22 Razyda wrote:
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Plausible deniability for what?

I said I didn’t understand what your wider point was and I stand by that. Perhaps if I pose the question again I might get some insight.

Are ‘we’ just not supposed to comment on that endorsement or what?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse, I’m genuinely unsure what point you’re trying to make here


I am not sure what you cant understand?

I think I explained what I mean here:

Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 07:31 Razyda wrote:

Now if memory serves right Truckers protest is perfect parallel here. If i remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong) truckers chased away hakenkreuz lads? they didnt went: "dudes are kinda bad, but they see the reason, great that they joined us". This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.



Ok so you’re asking me my opinion on a parallel I’ve twice said I don’t know much about (scroll up)

And what is your fucking point? It’s not that hard, people may disagree with me (frequently) but they usually know what I’m asking

Do you want us to disavow Harris because Dick Cheney endorsed her? And if we don’t do that we’re horrible, horrible hypocrites?

Or what is it? Pro tip if people genuinely say they don’t know what your point is, repeating your point with no further explanation doesn’t tend to solve that problem.

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
November 05 2024 02:17 GMT
#90130
Both can reject or acept an endorsement and support of a group or people as much as they want. The difference is "Hakenreuz lads" weren't rejected because they disagreed on what they were protesting or what they wanted to do they were rejected because of the bad press they would bring if they didn't. The endorsement of republicans for harris was accepted with the explicit conditions by the campaign on the reasons why they were endorsed. If you like the truckers protest because you think the government is trying to kill people and control them with a fake plauge, but you disagree on who "the government is", you still agree on why you are protesting. If you like harris because she isn't sundowning and understands basic concepts like how a tariff works, the Constitution is good, dictators are bad, that doesn't make harris bad.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
November 05 2024 02:24 GMT
#90131
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
November 05 2024 02:24 GMT
#90132
On November 05 2024 10:51 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 10:34 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 10:22 Razyda wrote:
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Plausible deniability for what?

I said I didn’t understand what your wider point was and I stand by that. Perhaps if I pose the question again I might get some insight.

Are ‘we’ just not supposed to comment on that endorsement or what?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse, I’m genuinely unsure what point you’re trying to make here


I am not sure what you cant understand?

I think I explained what I mean here:

Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 07:31 Razyda wrote:

Now if memory serves right Truckers protest is perfect parallel here. If i remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong) truckers chased away hakenkreuz lads? they didnt went: "dudes are kinda bad, but they see the reason, great that they joined us". This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.




Fwiw I've heard loads of "Fuck you, Dick Cheney" and/or references to him being a war criminal. Not exactly open arms welcoming.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 02:35 GMT
#90133
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
November 05 2024 02:38 GMT
#90134
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?


Apparently Elon Musk convinced him:
https://x.com/joerogan/status/1853614670764015762

All he wrote was:
"The great and powerful @elonmusk.
If it wasn't for him we'd be fucked. He makes what I think is the most compelling case for Trump you'll hear, and I agree with him every step of the way.
For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump.
Enjoy the podcast"

Vapid as always.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 02:39 GMT
#90135
On November 05 2024 11:24 Fleetfeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 10:51 Razyda wrote:
On November 05 2024 10:34 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 10:22 Razyda wrote:
Ok I just read Wombat post before mine and he kinda deserves to be in the pot (so to speak) for this one.
Because while it is true that nobody goes: ‘FUCK YEAHHH DICK CHENEY!’ It is also a true that everybody goes "even Dick Cheney left you" those are kinda the same statements however latter one has "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Plausible deniability for what?

I said I didn’t understand what your wider point was and I stand by that. Perhaps if I pose the question again I might get some insight.

Are ‘we’ just not supposed to comment on that endorsement or what?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse, I’m genuinely unsure what point you’re trying to make here


I am not sure what you cant understand?

I think I explained what I mean here:

On November 05 2024 07:31 Razyda wrote:

Now if memory serves right Truckers protest is perfect parallel here. If i remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong) truckers chased away hakenkreuz lads? they didnt went: "dudes are kinda bad, but they see the reason, great that they joined us". This seems to be in stark contrast to the reaction of quite few members of this forum.




Fwiw I've heard loads of "Fuck you, Dick Cheney" and/or references to him being a war criminal. Not exactly open arms welcoming.

He’s not even that relevant, least here. Our pub quiz team was named in his ‘honour’ just to be annoying and pick the biggest prick we could think of.

The boos if we get a quickest question or win a round (or occasionally, the quiz) are way less pronounced like 8 years on because the younglings don’t really know who he is.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-05 02:43:29
November 05 2024 02:42 GMT
#90136
On November 05 2024 11:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?


Apparently Elon Musk convinced him:
https://x.com/joerogan/status/1853614670764015762

All he wrote was:
"The great and powerful @elonmusk.
If it wasn't for him we'd be fucked. He makes what I think is the most compelling case for Trump you'll hear, and I agree with him every step of the way.
For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump.
Enjoy the podcast"

Vapid as always.

The blind leading the blind eh?

I couldn’t be fucking arsed clicking through, watching some Elon Musk video to find out what Rogan wants to endorse

Like is it beyond him to say ‘I like x y and z’ about Trump’s platform?

I don’t like it, you’re entitled to prefer Trump. But do you have to send us on a merry dance as to why?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
November 05 2024 02:44 GMT
#90137
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?

“My salary depends on this.”
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
November 05 2024 02:46 GMT
#90138
On November 05 2024 11:42 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?


Apparently Elon Musk convinced him:
https://x.com/joerogan/status/1853614670764015762

All he wrote was:
"The great and powerful @elonmusk.
If it wasn't for him we'd be fucked. He makes what I think is the most compelling case for Trump you'll hear, and I agree with him every step of the way.
For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump.
Enjoy the podcast"

Vapid as always.

The blind leading the blind eh?

I couldn’t be fucking arsed clicking through, watching some Elon Musk video to find out what Rogan wants to endorse

Like is it beyond him to say ‘I like x y and z’ about Trump’s platform?

I don’t like it, you’re entitled to prefer Trump. But do you have to send us on a merry dance as to why?


Yeah it's basically clickbait for his show. Who cares if it helps destroy the United States in the process?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 02:57 GMT
#90139
On November 05 2024 11:44 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?

“My salary depends on this.”

The sad part is it really doesn’t

Rogan built his entire brand on being perceived (relatively) politically independent, having interesting guests from various spheres and having a ton of knowledge on MMA, that’s what folks tuned in for. Least among my circle, which maybe isn’t super representative to be fair

Rogan’s empire is probably more overall lucrative if he doesn’t do things like, I dunno outright coming out as pro Trump. So if you’re going to do that I’d assume it comes from that understanding


'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 05 2024 03:06 GMT
#90140
On November 05 2024 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2024 11:42 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:35 WombaT wrote:
On November 05 2024 11:24 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Joe Rogan just endorsed Trump, to the surprise of literally no one.

" "For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump," Rogan said on X. "
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/podcaster-joe-rogan-endorses-donald-trump-president-2024-11-05/

What are his rationales?


Apparently Elon Musk convinced him:
https://x.com/joerogan/status/1853614670764015762

All he wrote was:
"The great and powerful @elonmusk.
If it wasn't for him we'd be fucked. He makes what I think is the most compelling case for Trump you'll hear, and I agree with him every step of the way.
For the record, yes, that's an endorsement of Trump.
Enjoy the podcast"

Vapid as always.

The blind leading the blind eh?

I couldn’t be fucking arsed clicking through, watching some Elon Musk video to find out what Rogan wants to endorse

Like is it beyond him to say ‘I like x y and z’ about Trump’s platform?

I don’t like it, you’re entitled to prefer Trump. But do you have to send us on a merry dance as to why?


Yeah it's basically clickbait for his show. Who cares if it helps destroy the United States in the process?

I feel bad for Joe sometimes, it feels he’s been inadvertently elevated to some position of actual influence, and he didn’t actually court it

He just had a podcast that blew up for whatever reason

This isn’t to excuse him from mistakes he’s made with that platform, but I don’t think he ever really wanted it, nor expected it. Nor really knows what to do with it.

Like if we went back to Fear Factor days and said ‘this man will be one of the most influential people in the world’ people would have told you to fuck right off



'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prev 1 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 6000 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17248
Rain 1425
GuemChi 616
sSak 41
Bale 25
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm237
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1112
taco 440
minikerr32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1008
Mew2King81
Other Games
summit1g8043
WinterStarcraft589
C9.Mang0181
ViBE136
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1135
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 24
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo900
• Stunt306
• Rush138
Other Games
• Scarra951
• Shiphtur884
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 56m
INu's Battles
6h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 56m
OSC
18h 11m
Replay Cast
18h 56m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.