• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10602 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 293

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 6009 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
June 15 2018 12:34 GMT
#5841
On June 15 2018 19:45 micronesia wrote:
That picture doesn't really show what happened. Trump extended a hand to shake the general's hand, and the general responds by saluting. Trump then quickly switches to a salute without thinking, then the general switches immediately back to a handshake while trump is still saluting (when the photo takes place). He shouldn't have saluted the general at all, but he was essentially blindsided. Of all the things to make a big fuss about, I don't think this is one of them. He has no military experience which is pretty clear, and everyone already knew that.


Still seems like something worth making a fuss about to me. If nothing else it seems to indicate where NK's real mentality is here.

Even allowing the lack of military experience, he should have had his mind on the possibility of negative photo ops and been zealously controlling and careful about his surroundings. Or maybe this is more Trump's team's fault and less his, exactly. Either way, a big error.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 13:31:41
June 15 2018 13:31 GMT
#5842
On June 15 2018 19:45 micronesia wrote:
That picture doesn't really show what happened. Trump extended a hand to shake the general's hand, and the general responds by saluting. Trump then quickly switches to a salute without thinking, then the general switches immediately back to a handshake while trump is still saluting (when the photo takes place). He shouldn't have saluted the general at all, but he was essentially blindsided. Of all the things to make a big fuss about, I don't think this is one of them. He has no military experience which is pretty clear, and everyone already knew that.


It is worth noting that Trump was specifically briefed on protocol before hand and told not to do this.
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
June 15 2018 14:41 GMT
#5843
Trump is fucked.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/michael-cohen-cooperation-federal-investigators/index.html

User was warned for this post
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 15 2018 15:16 GMT
#5844
Trump was very impress with Kim and how his men were so attentive when Kim spoke. Trump would like “his people” to be like that”.

Mind you, Kim has people he doesn’t like executed with anti aircraft guns and flame throwers. And he once executed his former girlfriend for reasons. But Trump likes how Kim commands their respect.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 15:44:12
June 15 2018 15:43 GMT
#5845
Trump going forward with more Chinese tarrifs today. China already responding and matching the tarrifs (which Trump said if they did that he would escalate further...). This is a step towards the possibility that all the countries we are putting tarrifs on gang up on us to make sure we lose the trade war.

ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 15:46:27
June 15 2018 15:46 GMT
#5846


I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 15 2018 15:46 GMT
#5847
On June 16 2018 00:43 On_Slaught wrote:
Trump going forward with more Chinese tarrifs today. China already responding and matching the tarrifs (which Trump said if they did that he would escalate further...). This is a step towards the possibility that all the countries we are putting tarrifs on gang up on us to make sure we lose the trade war.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1007614754674892801

EU, Canada and China jointly putting tariffs on the US would be game over.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 15 2018 16:08 GMT
#5848
On June 16 2018 00:46 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 00:43 On_Slaught wrote:
Trump going forward with more Chinese tarrifs today. China already responding and matching the tarrifs (which Trump said if they did that he would escalate further...). This is a step towards the possibility that all the countries we are putting tarrifs on gang up on us to make sure we lose the trade war.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1007614754674892801

EU, Canada and China jointly putting tariffs on the US would be game over.

I sincerely wonder if there's a threshold of stupidity after which people who voted for Trump realize he has no idea what he's doing. I also wonder if we don't all just die first.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 16:13:21
June 15 2018 16:10 GMT
#5849
Manafort is going to jail, bail revoked by a judge after his witness tampering.

It will be interesting to see in what way Trump will throw him under the bus. He hardly knew him after all.

ps: Does this mean he will go to an actual jail with bars and orange uniforms or is there a rich people jail treatment?
Neosteel Enthusiast
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 15 2018 16:18 GMT
#5850
As my man John Oliver said: if this is a witch hunt, then witches exist. Trump is literally trying to say Manafort had nothing to do with his campaign, the chair-of-his-campaign, lock-her-up Manafort. The same person. The mental gymnastics required to reconcile all these facts must be amazing.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 16:22:38
June 15 2018 16:21 GMT
#5851
On June 16 2018 00:46 ticklishmusic wrote:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007617992853684225

I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.


Possibly, but Trump hates the EU and everything to do with the EU. So it also makes sense.

When is he going to recall all his ambassadors? I mean, all they're doing is annoying people. Oh wait, he likes that. Never mind. Better question, when are the EU going to kick the US ambassadors out?
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 15 2018 16:35 GMT
#5852
On June 16 2018 01:08 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 00:46 Mohdoo wrote:
On June 16 2018 00:43 On_Slaught wrote:
Trump going forward with more Chinese tarrifs today. China already responding and matching the tarrifs (which Trump said if they did that he would escalate further...). This is a step towards the possibility that all the countries we are putting tarrifs on gang up on us to make sure we lose the trade war.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1007614754674892801

EU, Canada and China jointly putting tariffs on the US would be game over.

I sincerely wonder if there's a threshold of stupidity after which people who voted for Trump realize he has no idea what he's doing. I also wonder if we don't all just die first.


No, and that's the checkmate'ish nature of all this. Countries "fighting" with Trump only supports his ideology. The people who feel empowered by Trump's ego and personality like the idea of being in conflict. It is a play on male insecurity.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22662 Posts
June 15 2018 16:44 GMT
#5853
On June 16 2018 00:46 ticklishmusic wrote:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007617992853684225

I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.
The rationale is simply.
They probably said some bad things about the US. Probably in relation to human rights violations with deportation of illegal.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
June 15 2018 16:47 GMT
#5854
On June 16 2018 01:10 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Manafort is going to jail, bail revoked by a judge after his witness tampering.

It will be interesting to see in what way Trump will throw him under the bus. He hardly knew him after all.

ps: Does this mean he will go to an actual jail with bars and orange uniforms or is there a rich people jail treatment?


Seems that way. Should put a lot of pressure on him, though I dont expect him to crack. Guy is a traitor. Cohen is the bigger prize anyways.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 15 2018 17:01 GMT
#5855
On June 16 2018 00:46 ticklishmusic wrote:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007617992853684225

I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.

The article does cite the underlying reasons. I suggest review. I personally agree with them. I think Bush also did the right thing back when he made a similar choice.

Right after some stupidity in talks/interviews in the wake of the North Korean summit, and ill-conceived tariffs, Trump mixes in something great I can support.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
June 15 2018 17:15 GMT
#5856
On June 16 2018 02:01 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 00:46 ticklishmusic wrote:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007617992853684225

I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.

The article does cite the underlying reasons. I suggest review. I personally agree with them. I think Bush also did the right thing back when he made a similar choice.

Right after some stupidity in talks/interviews in the wake of the North Korean summit, and ill-conceived tariffs, Trump mixes in something great I can support.


I can see your point. Why would you want to belong to an organization that points out when you are behaving illegally?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 15 2018 17:19 GMT
#5857
On June 16 2018 02:15 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 02:01 Danglars wrote:
On June 16 2018 00:46 ticklishmusic wrote:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007617992853684225

I kind of wonder if this is a "hey we are kicking you out" -> "you can't kick me out, I'm leaving!" scenario.

I'm trying to understand any rationale for leaving the UN Human Rights Council, coming up with nothing.

The article does cite the underlying reasons. I suggest review. I personally agree with them. I think Bush also did the right thing back when he made a similar choice.

Right after some stupidity in talks/interviews in the wake of the North Korean summit, and ill-conceived tariffs, Trump mixes in something great I can support.


I can see your point. Why would you want to belong to an organization that points out when you are behaving illegally?


I think the idea is more so making it clear that the US is not compelled to listen to or act in accordance with the instructions/declarations of the UN Human Rights Council. This is an attempt to say "you ain't the boss of me. America!"
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
June 15 2018 17:25 GMT
#5858
You allready don't aknowledge den haag, so who cares about this?
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-15 17:32:37
June 15 2018 17:30 GMT
#5859
Man, for a second during the campaign I thought there was a slim chance Trump's "re-assess how much we get out of our international alliances" might for one second involve a reexamination of the right's love affair with Israel. I underestimated the potency of his anti-Obama drive and loathing of any other nations in the region if they're really leaving because of the Council passing resolutions about human rights abuses by Israel.
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
June 15 2018 17:33 GMT
#5860
On June 16 2018 01:08 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 00:46 Mohdoo wrote:
On June 16 2018 00:43 On_Slaught wrote:
Trump going forward with more Chinese tarrifs today. China already responding and matching the tarrifs (which Trump said if they did that he would escalate further...). This is a step towards the possibility that all the countries we are putting tarrifs on gang up on us to make sure we lose the trade war.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1007614754674892801

EU, Canada and China jointly putting tariffs on the US would be game over.

I sincerely wonder if there's a threshold of stupidity after which people who voted for Trump realize he has no idea what he's doing. I also wonder if we don't all just die first.

Economic issues are rough in that regard. There's often a big lag before you feel an effect, which kills the intuition behind a given policy's impact.

That's even assuming you can see the impact at all through the noise.

Chavez had shitty populist economic policies. It took years before the average person felt the effects. Early on it felt great - average person had more stuff.
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 6009 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 266
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21041
Calm 2219
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 178
Mini 173
ZZZero.O 134
firebathero 72
soO 10
Sacsri 7
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1537
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4278
Liquid`Hasu616
Other Games
summit1g7308
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN1606
fl0m1478
olofmeister1061
B2W.Neo834
RotterdaM637
Beastyqt358
crisheroes325
Livibee210
Pyrionflax189
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick964
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1460
• Shiphtur675
• WagamamaTV357
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 47m
Replay Cast
2h 47m
OSC
15h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.