• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8844 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 1701

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 5995 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 19:06:41
July 21 2019 19:05 GMT
#34001
--- Nuked ---
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 19:58:15
July 21 2019 19:57 GMT
#34002
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 20:10:30
July 21 2019 19:58 GMT
#34003
MLK Jr's "white moderate" quote and the letter in general gets brought up frequently (mostly by me now that p6 is gone) but I don't think we ever talked about what he was responding to, this seems as fitting a time as any (no I don't think I'm mlk jr btw). It doesn't matter how you lobby for liberation, even alleged allies will balk in the face of resistance.

"A 1963 letter from eight white clergymen — which inspired King's famous response, "Letter From a Birmingham Jail" — told black protesters to stand down because they were inciting "hatred and violence" in Birmingham, Alabama. The clergymen warned about the effects the protests in Birmingham..."

Just as we formerly pointed out that "hatred and violence have no sanction in our religious and political traditions," we also point out that such actions as incite to hatred and violence, however technically peaceful those actions may be, have not contributed to the resolution of our local problems. We do not believe that these days of new hope are days when extreme measures are justified in Birmingham…

We further strongly urge our own Negro community to withdraw support from these demonstrations, and to unite locally in working peacefully for a better Birmingham. When rights are consistently denied, a cause should be pressed in the courts and in negotiations among local leaders, and not in the streets. We appeal to both our white and Negro citizenry to observe the principles of law and order and common sense.


www.vox.com

The more dependent on white club one's position in society is the more (likely) they see attacks on white club as attacks on individuals like themselves or "law and order". Even MLK Jr. was painted as inciting violence despite the disneyfied retelling of his trials and tribulations most people were taught. It's also how a party formed for self defense was portrayed (and still is sometimes) as violent terrorists (Black Panthers).

No one claims to advocate for the violence of the status quo, but they are quick to say calls for liberation from it are actually calls to violence against them.

Baldwin says it best imo:

There are days, ...when you wonder what your role is in this country and what your future is in it. How, precisely, are you going to reconcile yourself to your situation here and how you are going to communicate to the vast, heedless, unthinking, cruel white majority that you are here?

When the Israelis pick up guns, or the Poles or the Irish or any white man in the world says ‘Give me liberty or give me death,’ the entire white world applauds. When a black man says exactly the same thing, word for word, he is judged a criminal and treated like one and everything possible is done to make an example of this bad nigger so there won’t be any more like him.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
July 21 2019 20:15 GMT
#34004
Alec Baldwin said that? Didn't know he was down with the cause.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
July 21 2019 20:26 GMT
#34005
On July 22 2019 05:15 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Alec Baldwin said that? Didn't know he was down with the cause.

James.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 21 2019 20:27 GMT
#34006
--- Nuked ---
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
July 21 2019 20:28 GMT
#34007
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


There is a reason he hasn't.


The reason is that you're being insufferable. I'm getting second hand embarrassment from a political mile away.
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 20:36:43
July 21 2019 20:32 GMT
#34008
On July 22 2019 05:15 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Alec Baldwin said that? Didn't know he was down with the cause.


I am going to tell myself this was a joke no matter what lol.

But yes, James Baldwin. He indicts what we've termed "white club" as moral monsters and describes what he sees as the horrors of it.

+ Show Spoiler +


"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 21 2019 20:42 GMT
#34009
--- Nuked ---
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
July 21 2019 20:52 GMT
#34010
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
July 21 2019 20:59 GMT
#34011
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
July 21 2019 21:03 GMT
#34012
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
July 21 2019 21:03 GMT
#34013
On July 22 2019 05:59 KwarK wrote:
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.

I have those thoughts as well. I'm just not screaming of overthrowing the entire world structure because it's the trendy topic at the moment. If I saw a way for it go down peacefully and could articulate a 5 point plan to begin it, then I would. But since I don't have an answer and the power I hold to effectively change anything is minuscule at the moment, I don't see the point of repeating myself that change needs to happen. I know it does. I don't know the best way to go about it, without causing millions/billions of death.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
July 21 2019 21:07 GMT
#34014
On July 22 2019 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?

I honestly don't know what you're advocating any longer. You change or modify so quickly it is hard to follow. First it was communism. Then the nebulous term socialism. Then you flirted with democratic socialism and now it's scientific socialism. I'm lost.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 21 2019 21:07 GMT
#34015
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 21:24:28
July 21 2019 21:11 GMT
#34016
On July 22 2019 05:59 KwarK wrote:
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.


Yup, as I've said (no disrespect) you, JimmiC, and z2c are having a very old discussion, to that point and yours:

MLK describing the phenomena you mention and how he sees fit to deal with it, he describes it as "proudly maladjusted" in this excerpt.



He takes this in opposition of the position advocated by z2c and JimmiC which is to be "well-adjusted" and demand others join them.

On July 22 2019 06:07 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?

I honestly don't know what you're advocating any longer. You change or modify so quickly it is hard to follow. First it was communism. Then the nebulous term socialism. Then you flirted with democratic socialism and now it's scientific socialism. I'm lost.


In all honesty, you never did or you wouldn't be confused by why there's nothing disjointed or confusing about it (besides perhaps your conflation of) my political evolution, and the difficulties of using words that make sense to both posters like yourself and posters like Cosmic.

It's something I'm working on, but sometimes it's easier to just focus on the posts that demonstrate solid comprehension of the subject matter like Neb, Kwark, Cosmic, IgnE, Artisreal, Drone, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I've taken the feedback I've gotten and after exhaustively trying to communicate with JimmiC in particular (I have examples if you really want to see it), I (as well as others) have determined there's nothing to be gained from me responding to him (or if there is, it's not worth it).
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-21 21:27:04
July 21 2019 21:22 GMT
#34017
On July 22 2019 06:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 05:59 KwarK wrote:
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.


Yup, as I've said (no disrespect) you, JimmiC, and z2c are having a very old discussion, to that point and yours:

MLK describing the phenomena you mention and how he sees fit to deal with it, he describes it as "proudly maladjusted" in this excerpt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXEIYpnlxbw

He takes this in opposition of the position advocated by z2c and JimmiC which is to be "well-adjusted" and demand others join them.

Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 06:07 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?

I honestly don't know what you're advocating any longer. You change or modify so quickly it is hard to follow. First it was communism. Then the nebulous term socialism. Then you flirted with democratic socialism and now it's scientific socialism. I'm lost.


In all honesty, you never did or you wouldn't be confused by why there's nothing disjointed or confusing about it (besides perhaps your conflation of) my political evolution, and the difficulties of using words that make sense to both posters like yourself and posters like Cosmic.

Now it's a political evolution and not a revolution. Okay. You haven't said anything that was in your own words. You've taken your ideas from many different sources but never articulated your own. That everyone can tell you where you got the quotes or where you're getting inspiration from and that nothing you've written has your signature on it, is all the evidence that I need that you don't have an original thought on the topic. You can't pull 19th-20th century politics into the 21st century.

Edit: To be crystal clear: My biggest issue is how unoriginal you are in your writing and the refusal to post anything of substance that pertains to your political (r)evolution.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
July 21 2019 21:25 GMT
#34018
On July 22 2019 06:22 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 06:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:59 KwarK wrote:
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.


Yup, as I've said (no disrespect) you, JimmiC, and z2c are having a very old discussion, to that point and yours:

MLK describing the phenomena you mention and how he sees fit to deal with it, he describes it as "proudly maladjusted" in this excerpt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXEIYpnlxbw

He takes this in opposition of the position advocated by z2c and JimmiC which is to be "well-adjusted" and demand others join them.

On July 22 2019 06:07 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?

I honestly don't know what you're advocating any longer. You change or modify so quickly it is hard to follow. First it was communism. Then the nebulous term socialism. Then you flirted with democratic socialism and now it's scientific socialism. I'm lost.


In all honesty, you never did or you wouldn't be confused by why there's nothing disjointed or confusing about it (besides perhaps your conflation of) my political evolution, and the difficulties of using words that make sense to both posters like yourself and posters like Cosmic.

Now it's a political evolution and not a revolution. Okay. You haven't said anything that was in your own words. You've taken your ideas from many different sources but never articulated your own. That everyone can tell you where you got the quotes or where you're getting inspiration from and that nothing you've written has your signature on it, is all the evidence that I need that you don't have an original thought on the topic. You can't pull 19th-20th century politics into the 21st century.


I know you guys are seeing this and you know what I'd like to say about it but I'm doing my best. I know Neb and Kwark and a few others have tried, but perhaps it's time to be less subtle about it?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
July 21 2019 21:28 GMT
#34019
On July 22 2019 06:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2019 06:22 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 06:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:59 KwarK wrote:
The problem for me is that every now and then you think about the world and shit like how we know for a fact that there is slave labour used in the coffee supply chain and that the cost to the consumer to fix it is negligible because the price of the beans is a negligible portion of the price of a cup of coffee and you can’t help wondering if GH is the only sane one here. We’ve all become so normalized to shit that we act like the people who haven’t are the crazy ones.


Yup, as I've said (no disrespect) you, JimmiC, and z2c are having a very old discussion, to that point and yours:

MLK describing the phenomena you mention and how he sees fit to deal with it, he describes it as "proudly maladjusted" in this excerpt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXEIYpnlxbw

He takes this in opposition of the position advocated by z2c and JimmiC which is to be "well-adjusted" and demand others join them.

On July 22 2019 06:07 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:52 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
On July 22 2019 05:27 JimmiC wrote:
On July 22 2019 04:57 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
JC I would let it go. You won't get an acceptable response from GH. KwarK has spoken for him and that should all but settle it. People know where GH, you, KwarK, and others stand. You're wasting valuable APM on this. For the sake of the thread, can we move on? If there needs to be, KwarK, can you allow the creation of a Political Philosophy thread where the majority of this can be held and this thread can be about policies and other issues in the US?


I was answering questions and will continue to if they are asked. I mean GH could simply shut me down by writing. I don't actually think we should have a bloody revolution to kill the capitalist class, their armies and supporters. I also don't think we should remove Israel from the map, but rather work towards a peaceful solution.

There is a reason he hasn't. And quite frankly it is fine if that is what he believes and the mods decide to let that kind of talk go. They just should do it for everyone and GH should either stop with the ugly hate part of his talk or embrace it. No need for us all to pretend it is not happening.

I get what you're saying. I've gone at with him on multiple occasions and others as well. Never got a response because of reasons.

By answering the questions, we affirm our positions but also open ourselves up to be learned something and to see the different side. Putting you fingers in your ears and pretending someone isn't speaking to you because they don't agree with you is childish. If someone asks a question, they either don't understand, want you to explain before going further, or has a rebuttal to your statements. That GH can't do that but claims he has and needs KwarK to speak on his behalf doesn't settle the matter. What he said still stands and until he himself clarifies it, he will continue to get push back on his utopian, fictional revolution. Hell, he can't even be bothered to take the reigns of it and own it, as he's stated. He wants us to solve his problem for him without explaining his methods.


I've stopped interacting directly with JimmiC for a lot of reasons. Disagreeing isn't one of them, as pretty much anyone here can tell you (it hasn't stopped me from interacting with them).

I don't need Kwark to speak for me, but he can treat poor posting with a gratifying disdain I'm not expecting to be afforded (even if it comes non-stop from JimmiC).

When you accuse me of advocating for "utopian fictional revolution" is that you disputing that there's a distinction between utopian socialism and scientific socialism or just refusing to accept I'm advocating the latter?

I honestly don't know what you're advocating any longer. You change or modify so quickly it is hard to follow. First it was communism. Then the nebulous term socialism. Then you flirted with democratic socialism and now it's scientific socialism. I'm lost.


In all honesty, you never did or you wouldn't be confused by why there's nothing disjointed or confusing about it (besides perhaps your conflation of) my political evolution, and the difficulties of using words that make sense to both posters like yourself and posters like Cosmic.

Now it's a political evolution and not a revolution. Okay. You haven't said anything that was in your own words. You've taken your ideas from many different sources but never articulated your own. That everyone can tell you where you got the quotes or where you're getting inspiration from and that nothing you've written has your signature on it, is all the evidence that I need that you don't have an original thought on the topic. You can't pull 19th-20th century politics into the 21st century.


I know you guys are seeing this and you know what I'd like to say about it but I'm doing my best. I know Neb and Kwark and a few others have tried, but perhaps it's time to be less subtle about it?

I give you permission to speak your mind honestly in regards to what I've typed. I'm open to being corrected if I'm wrong here.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 21 2019 21:35 GMT
#34020
Is this the trial of GreenHorizons? What is the point of this?

Maybe stop asking GH to do what libraries of books have been written to do, and maybe GH limit yourself to particular analyses rather than some vague call to revolution for people who’ve never read a socialist thinker in their life.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 5995 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1849
RotterdaM1003
TaKeTV 400
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC182
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1849
RotterdaM 1003
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC 182
MaxPax 168
RuFF_SC2 144
ZombieGrub93
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2729
Shuttle 512
Dewaltoss 124
910 71
Mind 63
Bale 17
Counter-Strike
fl0m4039
pashabiceps1513
Fnx 669
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
Beastyqt833
mouzStarbuck433
shahzam220
ToD181
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 22
• 80smullet 15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade381
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.