• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:22
CEST 08:22
KST 15:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10337 users

Suicide Notes - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 23 Next All
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 16 2012 06:24 GMT
#121
Impressive necro we have here.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 16 2012 06:26 GMT
#122
;_;
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
April 16 2012 06:27 GMT
#123
On April 16 2012 15:23 MrSkyfire wrote:
friend linked me this as i'd been going through some dark things lately.. dno what about it kept me going but it did.. thought i'd share with tl, but i found it with search (dont need to be banned for not search .. last thing i need ..)

Show nested quote +
Trina, a college student, 21 years old

Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.

so close to home it is unreal..

i keep going because of my friend, maybe these notes will give someone some persepctive like it did me


What the hell that school has some unprofessional employees.
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 16 2012 06:30 GMT
#124
On April 16 2012 15:24 HolyArrow wrote:
Impressive necro we have here.


I have noticed that there has been a lot of very old threads showing up lately. Not sure why... Kinda neat going through the posts though, seems like everyone has a special user icon.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
April 16 2012 06:31 GMT
#125
On April 16 2012 15:23 MrSkyfire wrote:
friend linked me this as i'd been going through some dark things lately.. dno what about it kept me going but it did.. thought i'd share with tl, but i found it with search (dont need to be banned for not search .. last thing i need ..)

Show nested quote +
Trina, a college student, 21 years old

Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.

so close to home it is unreal..

i keep going because of my friend, maybe these notes will give someone some persepctive like it did me


When you go threw shit, you always come out stronger.
Its wierd, because most of the things that drive people to suicide are mental conflicts. If you can fight that mental battle and win, then I feel those are some of the strongest people in the world. Physical pain holds no weight in their lives, they have already conquered the mental pain.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 06:50:32
April 16 2012 06:50 GMT
#126
I know this is a necro and all, but I am the only person who finds this sick?

These are suicide notes - people's innermost thoughts and feelings before they kill themselves, and the people reading them seem to be taking them so lightly and treating them as entertainment. :s



"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
Oiseaux
Profile Joined May 2011
United States676 Posts
April 16 2012 06:57 GMT
#127
On April 16 2012 15:50 Sarang wrote:
I know this is a necro and all, but I am the only person who finds this sick?

These are suicide notes - people's innermost thoughts and feelings before they kill themselves, and the people reading them seem to be taking them so lightly and treating them as entertainment. :s





no youre not.

but at the same time, people mature. looking at the post dates, i know that if i were reading this thread back when it originated, id probably find myself posting similar sarcastic remarks. however the person i was in 2006 is drastically different from the person i am now. essentially my point is that while you are in the right to find the behavior bothersome, i wouldnt go so far as to start judging people based on six year old posts.
"[S]o be ready to kiss a few donkeys with glued-on paper horns during your unicorn hunt." -Some stupid 4x4 magazine
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 16 2012 06:58 GMT
#128
On April 16 2012 15:31 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:23 MrSkyfire wrote:
friend linked me this as i'd been going through some dark things lately.. dno what about it kept me going but it did.. thought i'd share with tl, but i found it with search (dont need to be banned for not search .. last thing i need ..)

Trina, a college student, 21 years old

Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.

so close to home it is unreal..

i keep going because of my friend, maybe these notes will give someone some persepctive like it did me


When you go threw shit, you always come out stronger.
Its wierd, because most of the things that drive people to suicide are mental conflicts. If you can fight that mental battle and win, then I feel those are some of the strongest people in the world. Physical pain holds no weight in their lives, they have already conquered the mental pain.

I think this is true too. Any idea why the brain does this?
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
April 16 2012 07:01 GMT
#129
On April 16 2012 15:57 Oiseaux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:50 Sarang wrote:
I know this is a necro and all, but I am the only person who finds this sick?

These are suicide notes - people's innermost thoughts and feelings before they kill themselves, and the people reading them seem to be taking them so lightly and treating them as entertainment. :s





no youre not.

but at the same time, people mature. looking at the post dates, i know that if i were reading this thread back when it originated, id probably find myself posting similar sarcastic remarks. however the person i was in 2006 is drastically different from the person i am now. essentially my point is that while you are in the right to find the behavior bothersome, i wouldnt go so far as to start judging people based on six year old posts.


Yes that's true, six years is a long time - didn't really register the fact that it's been that long.

I won't judge anyone on what they said years ago, but if i'd be saddened and a bit sickened if someone treated them as entertainment today.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
apegold
Profile Joined March 2012
Norway4 Posts
April 16 2012 07:02 GMT
#130
On April 16 2012 15:23 MrSkyfire wrote:
friend linked me this as i'd been going through some dark things lately.. dno what about it kept me going but it did.. thought i'd share with tl, but i found it with search (dont need to be banned for not search .. last thing i need ..)

Show nested quote +
Trina, a college student, 21 years old

Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.

so close to home it is unreal..

i keep going because of my friend, maybe these notes will give someone some persepctive like it did me


Seems like a very poor psychyatrist. I've spent some time over at /r/suicidewatch talking to people who need it, and the basic things you should read about before posting there explains how to talk to people with suicidal thoughts. This psychiatrist haden't made a proper evaluation or was just bad at his job.
[19:26] <Aileen> I can't stand blacks for example
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
April 16 2012 07:04 GMT
#131
M, Married, 56

Dearest Helena,

By now, the news of our defeat has reached the Earth. The creatures we were sent here to tame are untameable... And the colonies we were sent to reclaim have proven to be stronger than we anticipated.

Whatever you may hear about what has happened out here, know this: Alexei did not die a hero. I killed him... my pride killed him. And now my pride has consumed me as well.

You will never see me again, Helena.

Tell our children that I love them, and that their father died in defense of their future.

Au revoir
As sad as this thread is, I laughed pretty damn hard at this.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Satire
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada295 Posts
April 16 2012 07:07 GMT
#132
On April 16 2012 15:58 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:31 Jisall wrote:
When you go threw shit, you always come out stronger.
Its wierd, because most of the things that drive people to suicide are mental conflicts. If you can fight that mental battle and win, then I feel those are some of the strongest people in the world. Physical pain holds no weight in their lives, they have already conquered the mental pain.

I think this is true too. Any idea why the brain does this?


There is a theory on it called "Post Traumatic Growth".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_growth

It makes sense in a way. Essentially if you are able to overcome obstacles and work through a very difficult time, you begin to gain resiliency and perspective. Of course this isn't true for everyone, but it does indeed lead to support "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

Contrary to what people say, what drives people to suicide most often is not mental conflicts. It is actually feelings as if you have nothing going on for you, you are a burden to others, and ultimately you feel all alone. This feeling can come from mental conflicts, such as depression, but that feeling of burden and being alone is pretty much the unifying factor in most suicides. It's sad, because in a lot of cases a simple kindness could have probably saved a lot of these people. Reading these suicide letters really drills this point home.
Satire is a lesson, parody is a game.
DeceiverSC2
Profile Joined April 2012
36 Posts
April 16 2012 07:08 GMT
#133
I find it interesting that people try to kill themselves over having a tough time. Seems like PTSD as opposed to MDD.

In case anyone is wondering I tried to kill myself 2 1/2 months ago, I tried to drown myself, my dad caught me, greatest thing that ever happened to me, much happier person now even though i'm apparently developing schizophrenia.

For me it just came down to not having one moment of enjoyment in 5 years, just hating life and everyone.

That point before you go through with it is one of the most euphoric moments I have ever had though, and i'm on drugs that would knock you on your ass for 3 days and some that would have you tweak for 3.

DeceiverSC2
Profile Joined April 2012
36 Posts
April 16 2012 07:09 GMT
#134
On April 16 2012 16:04 SC2Phoenix wrote:
Show nested quote +
M, Married, 56

Dearest Helena,

By now, the news of our defeat has reached the Earth. The creatures we were sent here to tame are untameable... And the colonies we were sent to reclaim have proven to be stronger than we anticipated.

Whatever you may hear about what has happened out here, know this: Alexei did not die a hero. I killed him... my pride killed him. And now my pride has consumed me as well.

You will never see me again, Helena.

Tell our children that I love them, and that their father died in defense of their future.

Au revoir
As sad as this thread is, I laughed pretty damn hard at this.


He could have some form of psychosis, you're a sick fucker.
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
April 16 2012 07:11 GMT
#135
On April 16 2012 16:04 SC2Phoenix wrote:
Show nested quote +
M, Married, 56

Dearest Helena,

By now, the news of our defeat has reached the Earth. The creatures we were sent here to tame are untameable... And the colonies we were sent to reclaim have proven to be stronger than we anticipated.

Whatever you may hear about what has happened out here, know this: Alexei did not die a hero. I killed him... my pride killed him. And now my pride has consumed me as well.

You will never see me again, Helena.

Tell our children that I love them, and that their father died in defense of their future.

Au revoir
As sad as this thread is, I laughed pretty damn hard at this.

what the fuck...

very interesting reading these.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
DeceiverSC2
Profile Joined April 2012
36 Posts
April 16 2012 07:11 GMT
#136
On April 16 2012 16:07 Satire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:58 obesechicken13 wrote:
On April 16 2012 15:31 Jisall wrote:
When you go threw shit, you always come out stronger.
Its wierd, because most of the things that drive people to suicide are mental conflicts. If you can fight that mental battle and win, then I feel those are some of the strongest people in the world. Physical pain holds no weight in their lives, they have already conquered the mental pain.

I think this is true too. Any idea why the brain does this?


There is a theory on it called "Post Traumatic Growth".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_growth

It makes sense in a way. Essentially if you are able to overcome obstacles and work through a very difficult time, you begin to gain resiliency and perspective. Of course this isn't true for everyone, but it does indeed lead to support "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

Contrary to what people say, what drives people to suicide most often is not mental conflicts. It is actually feelings as if you have nothing going on for you, you are a burden to others, and ultimately you feel all alone. This feeling can come from mental conflicts, such as depression, but that feeling of burden and being alone is pretty much the unifying factor in most suicides. It's sad, because in a lot of cases a simple kindness could have probably saved a lot of these people. Reading these suicide letters really drills this point home.


Suicide mostly comes from depression, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.

Each come from different things.

For example depression comes from the chemical serotonin being sent back into the same nueroreceptors it came from.

That theory is retarded and backed by 0 sound evidence, please use facts next time instead of this unbelievably silly notion.
Forbidden17
Profile Joined December 2011
666 Posts
April 16 2012 07:11 GMT
#137
Holy crap 6 year bump O___o

It was nice reading this thread though. I think everyone contemplates suicide at some point in their lives, it just differs in the degree in which they think about it. Really sad to see so many lives taken though, especially since some of them are so young they couldn't even think for themselves.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 07:16:46
April 16 2012 07:13 GMT
#138
On April 16 2012 15:31 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:23 MrSkyfire wrote:
friend linked me this as i'd been going through some dark things lately.. dno what about it kept me going but it did.. thought i'd share with tl, but i found it with search (dont need to be banned for not search .. last thing i need ..)

Trina, a college student, 21 years old

Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.

so close to home it is unreal..

i keep going because of my friend, maybe these notes will give someone some persepctive like it did me


When you go threw shit, you always come out stronger.
Its wierd, because most of the things that drive people to suicide are mental conflicts. If you can fight that mental battle and win, then I feel those are some of the strongest people in the world. Physical pain holds no weight in their lives, they have already conquered the mental pain.

I don't think it is weird.
Sometimes people just don't have the second chance to restart or fight against these mental conflicts.
Sometimes solving one shit leads to even more shit and your whole life is dealing with these shit.

humans are not very good as dealing with modern society (I read about it on a science magazine, there is a small thread about this here:http://www.biology-online.org/biology-forum/about20756.html), we should respect these people rather than judging them

Afterall, we are not them. We haven't had their life experiences, we don't have their personality, we only see and understand things based upon what we know and what we can imagine etc.

All we should be saying is that R.I.P. everyone.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Digitalis
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1043 Posts
April 16 2012 07:14 GMT
#139
interesting but creepy.... I was really uncomfortable reading some of these
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
April 16 2012 07:14 GMT
#140
On April 16 2012 16:11 pyrogenetix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 16:04 SC2Phoenix wrote:
M, Married, 56

Dearest Helena,

By now, the news of our defeat has reached the Earth. The creatures we were sent here to tame are untameable... And the colonies we were sent to reclaim have proven to be stronger than we anticipated.

Whatever you may hear about what has happened out here, know this: Alexei did not die a hero. I killed him... my pride killed him. And now my pride has consumed me as well.

You will never see me again, Helena.

Tell our children that I love them, and that their father died in defense of their future.

Au revoir
As sad as this thread is, I laughed pretty damn hard at this.

what the fuck...

very interesting reading these.
Its the ending to Starcraft broodwar, how do people not know this.... T_T

Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft778
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 525
ggaemo 333
Stork 306
Leta 199
PianO 64
Hyuk 31
yabsab 19
Bale 18
ZergMaN 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Reynor73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King184
Westballz55
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor672
Other Games
summit1g9354
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft182
Sick150
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1314
• Stunt495
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 38m
Online Event
4h 38m
FEL
9h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.