• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:00
CEST 04:00
KST 11:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7017 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 731

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 729 730 731 732 733 783 Next
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
May 23 2019 12:55 GMT
#14601
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 23 2019 13:05 GMT
#14602
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
May 23 2019 13:11 GMT
#14603
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?

Well, Thanos saw his planet destroyed by overpopulation. And assumes all other sentient life in the universe is also leading to the destruction of their home planet due to overpopulation.

That's the first absurd assumption.

The second is that the solution of randomly wiping out half the population will solve the problem of planet destruction forever and he has saved the universe and can retire to his garden. #missionaccomplished.

Between the two, we can simply assume that Thanos is fucking mad as a march hare. And nothing we have seen indicates any different, including the totally fucked up things he does to Nebula, and to a lesser extent, Gamora.

And if we just assume he's completely bonkers then having a totally bonkers plan is okay. It makes sense in his mind, but he isn't right in the head, so that is okay.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-23 13:16:30
May 23 2019 13:15 GMT
#14604
Meh

Utopia (the UK TV series) had a much better solution.

Although that came with its own set of problems which were nicely addressed.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
May 23 2019 13:17 GMT
#14605
Where is Jessica Hyde
Taxes are for Terrans
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
May 23 2019 13:32 GMT
#14606
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 23 2019 13:41 GMT
#14607
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
May 23 2019 13:42 GMT
#14608
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


Seriously you should watch Utopia it addresses the exact same questions relatively sensibly and in depth.

Also its brutally violent, insanely dark, looks pretty and is kinda funny.
RIP Meatloaf <3
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 23 2019 13:45 GMT
#14609
On May 23 2019 22:42 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


Seriously you should watch Utopia it addresses the exact same questions relatively sensibly and in depth.

Also its brutally violent, insanely dark, looks pretty and is kinda funny.


I think it's crossed my radar but I hadn't checked it out, I will look into though on your recommendation.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
May 23 2019 14:13 GMT
#14610
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


It's not the first piece of fiction in which an evil character is portrayed sympathetically (or with a sympathetic goal) that doesn't stand up to a tiny bit of reflection and yet audiences still relate with him. Fight club comes to mind, for example. To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with fiction that presents this kind of ambiguity.

It's a bit more rare when this is done with an antagonist instead of an anti-hero protagonist, though.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
May 23 2019 14:52 GMT
#14611
On May 23 2019 23:13 Sbrubbles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


It's not the first piece of fiction in which an evil character is portrayed sympathetically (or with a sympathetic goal) that doesn't stand up to a tiny bit of reflection and yet audiences still relate with him. Fight club comes to mind, for example. To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with fiction that presents this kind of ambiguity.

It's a bit more rare when this is done with an antagonist instead of an anti-hero protagonist, though.

Harvey Two Face in The Dark Knight is another example, I guess?
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 23 2019 15:08 GMT
#14612
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 23 2019 15:33 GMT
#14613
On May 23 2019 23:13 Sbrubbles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


It's not the first piece of fiction in which an evil character is portrayed sympathetically (or with a sympathetic goal) that doesn't stand up to a tiny bit of reflection and yet audiences still relate with him. Fight club comes to mind, for example. To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with fiction that presents this kind of ambiguity.

It's a bit more rare when this is done with an antagonist instead of an anti-hero protagonist, though.


What would be some major changes that might be necessary to create a retelling of the story that makes Thanos the antihero protagonist and his opposition the sympathetically portrayed villains?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
May 23 2019 16:59 GMT
#14614
On May 24 2019 00:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2019 23:13 Sbrubbles wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


It's not the first piece of fiction in which an evil character is portrayed sympathetically (or with a sympathetic goal) that doesn't stand up to a tiny bit of reflection and yet audiences still relate with him. Fight club comes to mind, for example. To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with fiction that presents this kind of ambiguity.

It's a bit more rare when this is done with an antagonist instead of an anti-hero protagonist, though.


What would be some major changes that might be necessary to create a retelling of the story that makes Thanos the antihero protagonist and his opposition the sympathetically portrayed villains?


Point of view mostly, probably (I haven't watched the movie, though)

The main difference between a villain and an anti-hero is usually the point of view. If you imagine any movie or story of an anti-hero with the viewpoint of his opposition, he becomes a villain. And if you use a villain as the point of view character, he often becomes an anti-hero. We tend to empathize with the people the story is focused on.

(This is true for the more "evil" antiheros. There are also antiheros which are mostly neutral in terms of ethics, those probably don't become villains that easily)
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
May 23 2019 17:22 GMT
#14615
On May 24 2019 01:59 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2019 00:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 23:13 Sbrubbles wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:41 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:32 Velr wrote:
On May 23 2019 22:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 23 2019 21:55 Velr wrote:
I never understood why people sympathised with Thanos plan.
It's a totally psychotic solution that isn't even a solution but just a delay. The World should also be in way more trouble losing half of it's population than shown in Endgame, remember its only 5 years later.


I mean a delay is at minimum what was needed though, no? That the delay is wasted and solutions not sought after isn't really on Thanos or his plan but sentient life collectively, no?


Iirc cold fusion/whatever free energy has allready been solved in the Marvel Universe? I'm pretty sure Tony Stark didn't run on Nuclear Power or Diesel .
You also got these superpowerfull beings that probably could solve Hunger and stuff like that whiteout much of an issue, especially if they got the reality stones and a glove that lets you do whatever you want? I also don't remember enviromental disaster or hunger ever being a problem in any of the Marvel Films.

Thanos plan as shown in the movies makes no sense as soon as you think even a little about it. In the comics he does the same thing to impress death itself, which strangely makes more sense.


I don't disagree his plan was absurd I was more pointing out that the MMU didn't address that and sorta made him look like the hero (even if motivated by madness).

I did forget that essentially in the MMU there's no existential environmental threat unless you count aliens and mentally ill super humans though, so point taken.


It's not the first piece of fiction in which an evil character is portrayed sympathetically (or with a sympathetic goal) that doesn't stand up to a tiny bit of reflection and yet audiences still relate with him. Fight club comes to mind, for example. To be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with fiction that presents this kind of ambiguity.

It's a bit more rare when this is done with an antagonist instead of an anti-hero protagonist, though.


What would be some major changes that might be necessary to create a retelling of the story that makes Thanos the antihero protagonist and his opposition the sympathetically portrayed villains?


Point of view mostly, probably (I haven't watched the movie, though)

The main difference between a villain and an anti-hero is usually the point of view. If you imagine any movie or story of an anti-hero with the viewpoint of his opposition, he becomes a villain. And if you use a villain as the point of view character, he often becomes an anti-hero. We tend to empathize with the people the story is focused on.

(This is true for the more "evil" antiheros. There are also antiheros which are mostly neutral in terms of ethics, those probably don't become villains that easily)

Yes, but even in Dexter, Season 2 really tries to make Doakes more "grey", but at the end of the day, he's just a cop just doing his job and Dexter does some really bad shit to him. Yes, you are rooting for Dexter, but you're also rooting really hard for Doakes to not get murdered. Now imagine trying to put Thanos as the protagonist up against your regular pantheon of superheroes, as well as his own two daughters... and all these superheroes are trying to do is stop him from murdering half the population of the universe.

I think more would need to change in the story. For starters, he'd need to be given a plan that could conceivably lead to "the greater good" rather than being so obviously flawed from the get go.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 23 2019 19:02 GMT
#14616
--- Nuked ---
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
May 23 2019 21:10 GMT
#14617
It would be pretty easy to make killing half the universe morally grey. What if Thanos merely wanted to get rid of all those who have done or will do evil and it just happens that half the universe don't meet his high enough morality standards?
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
May 27 2019 21:51 GMT
#14618
I need to cut anodized aluminium (6061-T4 I think) extrusions roughly 4" x 3", with 1/8-3/16 wall thickness. The catch is I need to make these a concave shape of a radius of curvature roughly 50cm and make it at a construction site, not a machine shop.

Tolerances don't need to be nearly as good as a machine shop, I'm not the best at defining them, but let's say I drew an imaginary arc of how the perfect cut should go, being within 1/32-1/16" on either side of that line would suffice. Just trying to come up with a method of doing this to save money of bringing it to a machine shop. Cost of tools or complexity isn't a big concern, rather the primary factors are portability and size.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 27 2019 22:13 GMT
#14619
--- Nuked ---
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
May 27 2019 22:21 GMT
#14620
I normally hate noodles/ramen type dishes (I’m okay with pasta) but I caught a light cold this weekend and now I’m craving tf outta pho and hiyashi ramen.

Whyyyy???
Skol
Prev 1 729 730 731 732 733 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 165
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 252
Bale 19
Terrorterran 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
Doublelift5955
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
taco 45
minikerr28
Other Games
summit1g12010
C9.Mang0367
PiLiPiLi11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h
Monday Night Weeklies
14h
Replay Cast
21h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.