• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7957 users

SuperSize Me - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
October 16 2004 13:52 GMT
#61
STIMEY d okgm fish

You certainly must be fat. You seem like the type of person (from reading your poor post; poor in argument and supporting details for it) who would support suing McDonald's for "making them fat." And to make things more comic, you claim that the underlines weren't there before! Oh an administrator must be helping me win an argument against you! I don't need an administrators help, or anyone else's, to make an ass out of you -- you are doing that quite well yourself.

I was pretty civilized in addressing your responses, but you seem bent on demonstrating both your lack of intelligence and manners.

First, your argument lacks no support simply because it is all based on your theory and opinion. There are seven -- read that, seven -- fast-food resturaunts on my way to work, each conveniently located within a five minute drive of my work, yet I maintain a healthy diet. Hmm, why? Because while although I know that it is easy to just eat out at these places, I'd rather live longer and therefore have taken initiative.

I'm stating an obvious and clinically sounds fact: a healthy lifestyle and diet are the road to longevity. This is proven in medical studies everywhere! (Of course, this is not including those obese people with Thyroid problems or other clinically problematic weight issues. And no, over-eating is not a valid excuse, i..e, "Omg I just had to eat those three hamburgers because if I don't I just go crazy!!!!11oneoen!!11").

You're saying that simply because someone fell into habits, or haven't developed them, or wants to eat conveniently from the nearest joint, they therefore can be excused from being a beached whale. This is just another form of passing the buck.

With your reasoning, you're saying that any company who sells a substance, addictive or not, (alcohol, for instance) must be held accountable for the repercussions of said substance. That's like saying because Budweisers sells beer, it must be liable for the millions of drunk driving incidences that occur every year. Certainly, they must be the ones choosing to drink and get behind the wheel! Right? RIGHT?!

Your reasoning is illogical and lacks no support whatsoever. Furthermore, you chose to insult me by calling me an as-hole and telling me f-ck-you. I almost felt inclined not to read past that first insult, but I thought you might have something interesting to say. Unfortunately, I found you didn't really have anything except your opinion and conspiracy theories about these giant congolmerates bent on making you a fatass. Spar with me again when you actually have the intelligence to do so. Until then, arrivaderci.

Liquid`Daaman
Profile Joined January 2003
Sweden1225 Posts
October 16 2004 17:45 GMT
#62
people people, why can't we all just get along..
Comfortably Numb
RebiT
Profile Joined February 2004
Canada46 Posts
October 16 2004 19:06 GMT
#63
STIMEY d okgm fish got fucking owned
phiwha
Profile Joined June 2004
United States158 Posts
October 16 2004 22:43 GMT
#64
just goes to show, post count isnt everything, a asshole with 6000 posts is still an asshole, and it happened to be a guy with 13 posts who told him off ^^
HowitZer
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1610 Posts
October 16 2004 23:12 GMT
#65
On October 16 2004 11:00 pooper-scooper wrote:
Problem is that it is much easier to get inexpensive food that is bad for you quickly than food that is good for you.


There are more subways than mcdonalds so it's easier to go to subway and it's pretty damn cheap and pretty healthy. Also, the cheapest way to eat is to buy and prepare your own food. You can buy stuff in bulk and eat extremely cheaply if you wanted to. So I don't think that's a reason for people eating bad food.
Human teleportation, molecular decimation, breakdown and reformation is inherently purging. It makes a man acute.
Minam_Lee
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (South)59 Posts
October 17 2004 12:18 GMT
#66
but i'm still thin...
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
October 17 2004 12:21 GMT
#67
On October 16 2004 22:52 Rayzorblade wrote:
STIMEY d okgm fish

You certainly must be fat. You seem like the type of person (from reading your poor post; poor in argument and supporting details for it) who would support suing McDonald's for "making them fat." And to make things more comic, you claim that the underlines weren't there before! Oh an administrator must be helping me win an argument against you! I don't need an administrators help, or anyone else's, to make an ass out of you -- you are doing that quite well yourself.

I was pretty civilized in addressing your responses, but you seem bent on demonstrating both your lack of intelligence and manners.

First, your argument lacks no support simply because it is all based on your theory and opinion. There are seven -- read that, seven -- fast-food resturaunts on my way to work, each conveniently located within a five minute drive of my work, yet I maintain a healthy diet. Hmm, why? Because while although I know that it is easy to just eat out at these places, I'd rather live longer and therefore have taken initiative.

I'm stating an obvious and clinically sounds fact: a healthy lifestyle and diet are the road to longevity. This is proven in medical studies everywhere! (Of course, this is not including those obese people with Thyroid problems or other clinically problematic weight issues. And no, over-eating is not a valid excuse, i..e, "Omg I just had to eat those three hamburgers because if I don't I just go crazy!!!!11oneoen!!11").

You're saying that simply because someone fell into habits, or haven't developed them, or wants to eat conveniently from the nearest joint, they therefore can be excused from being a beached whale. This is just another form of passing the buck.

With your reasoning, you're saying that any company who sells a substance, addictive or not, (alcohol, for instance) must be held accountable for the repercussions of said substance. That's like saying because Budweisers sells beer, it must be liable for the millions of drunk driving incidences that occur every year. Certainly, they must be the ones choosing to drink and get behind the wheel! Right? RIGHT?!

Your reasoning is illogical and lacks no support whatsoever. Furthermore, you chose to insult me by calling me an as-hole and telling me f-ck-you. I almost felt inclined not to read past that first insult, but I thought you might have something interesting to say. Unfortunately, I found you didn't really have anything except your opinion and conspiracy theories about these giant congolmerates bent on making you a fatass. Spar with me again when you actually have the intelligence to do so. Until then, arrivaderci.



You are my new favorite poster.
ModeratorGodfather
Minam_Lee
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (South)59 Posts
October 17 2004 12:27 GMT
#68
On October 15 2004 18:22 Manifesto7 wrote:
Yeah, it really amazed me. McDonalds truely is the devil. Salt, sugar and fat are the only things that make up that garbage. I spent three years working in that dump, and I saw things that turned me off that food forever.

Thre real eyeopener is the psychological aspect fo the food. If I do eat McD's, I really do feel better for about thirty minutes, and then I hit a real wall.

I know there was a topic earlier about this movie, but it really is something that anyone that eats that food should eat.


what about hungry jacks or buger king
previousemperor
Profile Joined July 2004
Canada271 Posts
October 17 2004 15:33 GMT
#69
On October 16 2004 21:10 Rayzorblade wrote:
The point is, I eat this type of food rarely and work out regardless of what I'm eating. As I said, healthy lifestyle and diet are the key.


i agree , i think as long as ur lifestyle and diet is good , I mean its not as much as the food you eat rather the portion you eat , of course foods with high sodium , sugar ect. can't be too good for you but it also vary's depending on the portion and how you maintain ur metablism (working out and such)
`Majority of our imports come from other countries.` - George W. Bush
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
October 17 2004 16:05 GMT
#70
Well I rarely eat at McD's
If I want to get something to eat without cooking sth I call the local chinese/vietnamese or get a pizza
It's more tasty for me and chinese/vietnamese is far better than anything else
I love asian food
FrEaK[S.sIR]
Profile Joined October 2002
2373 Posts
October 17 2004 16:16 GMT
#71
If your obese thats DEFINITELY your own fault. I used to live somewhat like RayzorBlade, all healthy and shit. Not really anymore, just lack of desire to live that way. You know, I do eat alot of unhealthy things, and I don't do much in terms of physical activities anymore(spend alot of time with my friends, but its not like we play football..) and I still have a 32" waste and minimal fat. And its definitely NOT genetics since my other siblings are overweight, Its a matter of knowing when to put the bag of chips down, put down the fucking fork, or know that maybe super sizing your damn meal isn't a good idea.

Even if your not eating healthy you can eat less than is enough to make you a fat ass.
PcBanger
Profile Joined October 2004
United States6 Posts
October 17 2004 16:20 GMT
#72
To my fatties,

1. Get self control
2. Think for yourself (if someone ask do you want to supersize this to jumbo economy size...you can say no you fatbitch!)
3. Lets have sex, just DONT tell my friends. DOH!
Are you ready?!?
mindspike
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1902 Posts
October 17 2004 16:22 GMT
#73
razorblade dude
just as people should be responsible for their actions
companies should be responsible as well
why should companies be allowed to do whatever they want to make money?
keeping big companies in check is a good thing
zerg/human - vancouver, canada
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
October 17 2004 16:26 GMT
#74
On October 18 2004 01:20 PcBanger wrote:

3. Lets have sex, just DONT tell my friends. DOH!


HAHAHAAHA
Im back, in pog form!
phiwha
Profile Joined June 2004
United States158 Posts
October 18 2004 03:21 GMT
#75
hmm, genetics may have some part to do in it, but imo self control can ALWAYS beat a slow metabolism, or w/e other genetic problem you were born with.
FlameBagMCGEE
Profile Joined October 2004
23 Posts
October 18 2004 03:25 GMT
#76
--- Nuked ---
Triton
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada258 Posts
October 18 2004 04:25 GMT
#77
I heard that McDonalds is actually better for you than most other fast food restaurants, it just gets a bad rep cause the food looks greasy and its the biggest. In another study, it found that McDonalds was better for you than fast food restaurants local to France and other European nations.

Of course with any side there are going to be people twisting the facts to suit their position. I just know that for the past 2 or 3 years I have been surviving on McDonalds breakfasts, Wendys lunches, and then a decent meal at a bar or something in the afternoon. I am pretty sluggish and tired a lot of the time, but that could be because I smoke a lot of weed as well (usually feel worst if i stop smoking weed for a while tho, maybe the secret to eating fast food is to get high when doing it).
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-18 06:27:21
October 18 2004 06:25 GMT
#78
On October 18 2004 01:22 mindspike wrote:
razorblade dude
just as people should be responsible for their actions
companies should be responsible as well
why should companies be allowed to do whatever they want to make money?
keeping big companies in check is a good thing


Companies aren't allowed to do whatever they want, but since when was it illegal to sell a greasy hamburger? You seem to be saying that companies should not be allowed to sell unhealthy food (food that consumers could make themselves anyway) or advertise like any other company simply because they "target" us, the consumers. I really don't understand this line of thought at all. Companies will continue to sell this food as long as there is a mass to cater too, the same way any business will survive. As long as there are fatasses in the world who want to eat this junk, companies will survive. So who is the real problem here? -- the companies or the consumers?

You should watch "Super-size Me," the documentary on, in no polite words, fatasses. There is a statistic in it that is very humorous and ironic -- I may not be quoting it correctly, but apparently people spend more money on dieting pills and wonders than on actual health-related things, such as exercise memberships, etc.. What does this tell you about the consumers? Rather than live a healthy lifestyle, they want to do "whatever they want" and hope later that some "magic dietary pill" will help them lose all the weight. Just like that. What does that tell you? The fact alone speaks in defense of my argument.

We blame massacres like the Columbine shooting on violent T.V. programs. We blame the degradation of today's youth on music. We blame fast-food companies for our growing obesity. We blame everything on something else. This is just the kind of degeneration President Truman warned about where on his desk, he hung that bold sign:

The Buck Stops Here

We alone have the decision of a healthy lifestyle.
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
October 18 2004 06:28 GMT
#79
Manifesto7

Thanks! =)
STIMEY d okgm fish
Profile Joined August 2003
Canada6140 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-18 06:44:34
October 18 2004 06:42 GMT
#80
On October 16 2004 22:52 Rayzorblade wrote:
STIMEY d okgm fish

You certainly must be fat. You seem like the type of person (from reading your poor post; poor in argument and supporting details for it) who would support suing McDonald's for "making them fat." And to make things more comic, you claim that the underlines weren't there before! Oh an administrator must be helping me win an argument against you! I don't need an administrators help, or anyone else's, to make an ass out of you -- you are doing that quite well yourself.


at least i can admit it when it seems like i made a mistake. i wonder if you would say i must be black if i disagreed with some good ol negro bashing? i dont need to prove to you that i'm not fat. that is definitely beside any argument u could have chosen to make in the above paragraph instead of just putting out some blanket generalizations and wasting the time of anyone who read it. fortunately most people seem too stupid to care.

I was pretty civilized in addressing your responses, but you seem bent on demonstrating both your lack of intelligence and manners


again, some nice generalizations ... if you say so. [/quote]

First, your argument lacks no support simply because it is all based on your theory and opinion. There are seven -- read that, seven -- fast-food resturaunts on my way to work, each conveniently located within a five minute drive of my work, yet I maintain a healthy diet.


why does it matter how many there are? one or seven. same thing. second, why do YOU matter so much? again, you seem to assume that everyone could be like you if they just "tried" as hard as you or otherwise were as inherently "good" as you. you take the nature/nurture of your existence for granted and blame others for not being identical to you (as usual).

Hmm, why? Because while although I know that it is easy to just eat out at these places, I'd rather live longer and therefore have taken initiative.


oh yes, other people just fail to make that choice, clearly. the dumbasses, wanting to cut their life short and all. if only someone would tell them!

I'm stating an obvious and clinically sounds fact: a healthy lifestyle and diet are the road to longevity. This is proven in medical studies everywhere!


did i say otherwise? who are you arguing against? more filler. wait we're through like half your post so far. where's the good part everyone's raving about?

(Of course, this is not including those obese people with Thyroid problems or other clinically problematic weight issues. And no, over-eating is not a valid excuse, i..e, "Omg I just had to eat those three hamburgers because if I don't I just go crazy!!!!11oneoen!!11").

You're saying that simply because someone fell into habits, or haven't developed them, or wants to eat conveniently from the nearest joint, they therefore can be excused from being a beached whale. This is just another form of passing the buck.


i didnt say anyone can be excused. no where did i say that whatsoever. to the contrary, i merely object to you bashing people for being caught in habits "inferior" to your own "superior health." if you like to kick people while they are down so much i suggest you take your business to an AA meeting.

With your reasoning, you're saying that any company who sells a substance, addictive or not, (alcohol, for instance) must be held accountable for the repercussions of said substance. That's like saying because Budweisers sells beer, it must be liable for the millions of drunk driving incidences that occur every year. Certainly, they must be the ones choosing to drink and get behind the wheel! Right? RIGHT?!


wrong. with my reasoning, companies who find out a product is harmful and addictive, intentionally maximize the addictiveness through engineering and marketting strategies, then keep these harmful facts from the public are actually intentionally harming the public and can be held liable. you are ... conveniently imagining that i said things that i didnt, oversimplifying what i said, and in some cases, flat out responding to things that i didnt said. no wonder you have so many fans.

Your reasoning is illogical and lacks no support whatsoever. Furthermore, you chose to insult me by calling me an as-hole and telling me f-ck-you. I almost felt inclined not to read past that first insult, but I thought you might have something interesting to say. Unfortunately, I found you didn't really have anything except your opinion and conspiracy theories about these giant congolmerates bent on making you a fatass. Spar with me again when you actually have the intelligence to do so. Until then, arrivaderci.


more nonsense. q.e.d.

Rayzorblade

You certainly suck serious ass.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech155
UpATreeSC 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20368
Calm 3631
Mini 405
Mind 77
Free 68
910 65
soO 33
Trap 31
Aegong 25
Dota 2
Gorgc4850
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr124
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 12m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.