• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8893 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 198

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 244 Next
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
November 18 2012 15:53 GMT
#3941
I use the sennheiser hd800s with a schiit lyr amp and no DAC, just plug the RCA cables into a RCA to standard headphone jack converter and that into my laptop.


Now, I'm hoping that the setup sucks and it's no surprise to hear that this 2000 dollar setup sounds only slightly better than my 250 dollar Astros because of how I'm hooking it up. And the hd800 + lyr is actually worse at times because of an added whirring sound the amp produces or picks up, not too sure. Not too sure about any of this really so I'd be thankful for some guidance.

Thanks in advance.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Nopileus
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany27 Posts
November 18 2012 17:16 GMT
#3942
You really need a DAC.
SpikeStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 17:29:48
November 18 2012 17:27 GMT
#3943
I use an Aerial7 Tank. Its more a fashion headphone than a gaming one, i use it for my mp3 player and for gaming. The sound quality is pretty awesome. I wouldnt use those small cheap headphones anymore. My laptop microphone is pretty good, so i dont need a headset.
I really cant stand inears.. i hate it when i can not be aware of my surroundings. Makes me paranoid. and this plastic in my ear feels uncomfortable.

[image loading]
red_b
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1267 Posts
November 19 2012 05:43 GMT
#3944
Asus Xonar is not pushing quite enough volume to my AKG Q701s so I'm going to use this opportunity to get a headphone amplifer.

Wondering if it's worth it to get the ODAC + 02 combo or just get the 02 and stick with the sound card for converting digital to audio.

I own a fairly fast desktop (i5 2500k, 8 gig ram, etc) but am somewhat concerned about slowdown when playing DotA and the like.
Those small maps were like a boxing match in a phone booth.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
November 19 2012 06:30 GMT
#3945
Which Xonar?

Regardless, I would stick with the sound card for D/A unless it's giving you troubles somehow, like weird driver issues, dropouts, spurious noises, etc. Audio processing takes a trivial amount of time for a modern processor; I wouldn't expect issues in terms of computer load (and in a game, it won't be 100% CPU load on a quad core...), but you may as well just go with what works.

You could probably get away with using something other than the O2, which is a bit awkward for desktop use in terms of form factor and plug location, but it's a good choice particularly if you also want to run higher impedance or much lower impedance headphones in the future.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 06:52:17
November 19 2012 06:51 GMT
#3946
I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations earphones or headsets for $40 or under I'm trying to get some that I know will last awhile and are pretty durable. My last pair wore out pretty fast since I use them while exercising, I was thinking of buying these+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

since they're around $50 with a discount and I've heard for their cheap cost they're RELATIVELY high quality.
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
Exoteric
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2330 Posts
November 19 2012 15:56 GMT
#3947
On November 19 2012 15:51 Monokeros wrote:
I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations earphones or headsets for $40 or under I'm trying to get some that I know will last awhile and are pretty durable. My last pair wore out pretty fast since I use them while exercising, I was thinking of buying these+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

since they're around $50 with a discount and I've heard for their cheap cost they're RELATIVELY high quality.


Most gaming headsets do not have good sound quality. For under $40 and something both lightweight for exercise and having good sound quality, you can't go wrong with the Koss KSC75.
hell is other people
Cirn9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1117 Posts
November 20 2012 11:33 GMT
#3948
I was asked today what headset a father should get his son for gaming that was high quality and would work on PC and a 360. Not being a console user, I have no idea, but I said I would ask here at the least.

Any thoughts?
Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out
GeNeSiDe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom354 Posts
November 20 2012 13:42 GMT
#3949
I use some Pioneer DJ headphone, great for gigging(loud, has a swivel ear for 1 ear monitoring, strong), but they are TIGHT when you have them both on sitting in front of a computer; I wear glasses and they give me a bump on my head sometimes
http://soundcloud.com/eastmanmusic Check out my latest sc2 song "Masters League!"
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
November 21 2012 15:18 GMT
#3950
On November 19 2012 02:16 Nopileus wrote:
You really need a DAC.


Would the schiit bifrost be a good choice
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
November 23 2012 03:24 GMT
#3951
I need a new pair of ultra portables to replace my IEM's and Koss Porta Pro for on the go. Having the Sennheiser HD598's with Xonar Essence on my computer has really spoiled me and it saddens me everytime I have to go outside and get stuck with my iPhone and Porta Pro.

My criterias are as follow compared to the Porta Pro:
Less sound leakage
More comfortable
Better sounding
Portable, I'm not going to be wearing full-sized headphones when I'm outside

Looking at this I have found a pair AKG K450 these seem up to the task, but with no chance of testing them beforehand I would like to hear if there are any better alternatives in or near the same price range or if these are any good at all.

Thanks.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
truegaymer
Profile Joined November 2012
United States32 Posts
November 23 2012 11:19 GMT
#3952
can anyone help me find or what type of specifications i should be looking for headphones that eliminate the environment when i study so i dont have to crank up the volume. i dont care if they hear me and i cant wear earbuds due to pain. also i love huge bass, i read bigger drivers mean more bass but i was gonna buy these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310513927720?afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&PID=1225267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

until they said it has no bass and you can hear everything around you. one more thing, i dont want to use an amp. thanks but maybe these qualities arent available on a single pair of headphones but heres to hoping lol
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
November 23 2012 14:25 GMT
#3953
Are the Senheiser HD 418s good Sound for quality? I kept looking for 428s but I can't find them in the electronics stores I can get to easily. They always seem to have 418s in stock, are they good for their cost?
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-23 21:38:46
November 23 2012 21:19 GMT
#3954
Superlux HD669 + AKG K240 velour earpads + Pioneer ME-390 headband = Ultimate modded headphones

Pictures:
+ Show Spoiler [pictures] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



Superlux HD669 provides ruthlessly precise sound, I prefer it over my Pioneer ME-390 and even my Audio-Technica ATH-M50, which costs 5 times as much by the way. You hear exactly what is playing instead of some distorted or colored approximation. While the Pioneer has a more "fun" sound and better soundscape, it completely lacks highs. ATH-M50's bass is more warm, but there is a huge ass peak at 10kHz which makes it completely unlistenable, it causes headaches on short term. Superlux is much more balanced, I prefer its sound over these two.

It has switchable cables, a 1m and a 3m cable is bundled with it, you can attach any with jack connector. This is actually a pretty smart idea, no need to struggle with heavy 3m+ cables if you want to use it while commuting. It also allows you to replace cables without re-wiring and protects against accidental tearing.

The "winged" style headband has limits though. My head is too big for them and it becomes very uncomfortable after a while. Tried unscrewing them, which is a bit tricky, the lower screws are not very accessible, then shifting them or even removing them, nothing worked well. Short of replacing them with the Pioneer's headband

Velour earpads also add comfort compared to the original ones, and slightly improve the bass, making it warmer. No more microphonics, uncomfort or sweating because of the original artifical leather earpads.

It is a closed headphone so you can listen to it while commuting without any problems, unlike its HD668B sister.

I use it with equalization, +3dB under 100Hz.

Needs 72+ hours of burn-in with mid-volume music to really start to shine.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
shtdisturbance
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada613 Posts
November 24 2012 21:30 GMT
#3955
Hey, I do not know much about headphones at all and I know my sister wants a pair for Christmas so I was hoping someone could help me out. I would like some for around 100$. She would mostly use them with her phone for music. No mic or anything needed.
Thank you.
Nausea_
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden68 Posts
November 24 2012 21:59 GMT
#3956
Just bought these: http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/playstation_3/140951-sony_official_wireless_stereo_headset_7.1

Must say, I love them.

Wireless, works for PS3 and PC, awesome sound. I can leave the room, walk around my appartment and do whatever I like but still have the sound from a stream or whatever on.

Recommended to everyone!
adi_hsd
Profile Joined June 2011
Romania74 Posts
November 24 2012 23:06 GMT
#3957
Hey,
I'm looking to get some advice on some good headphones. My budget would be around 75-100$, and i don't want in-ear buds.
I have now Skullcandy Lowrider, got them as a gift, their quality is ok i guess, but as they dont cover my entire ear they're incomfortable. I'd like something alot more confortable.I'll be using them only at home, so size/foldability dont matter.



ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-26 05:02:06
November 26 2012 04:55 GMT
#3958
A little off topic, but I'm looking to buy a subwoofer. Everything I've seen is a bit pricey, can anyone recommend something decent for like 30 bucks or lower?

I see a lot of speaker sets with a sub pretty cheap, but stand alone subs are like 80+...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
November 26 2012 05:07 GMT
#3959

I'm a fan of my House of Marley - Stir it Up headphones. I got them for my brother last christmas and I loved them so much, I got a pair for myself a few months later. Great sound, love the leather - and just by the weight of these badboys you know they're not flimsy plastic. Only problem is I can't hear a thing when I'm listening to music with them on. They aren't noise-canceling, but the leather padding on the ears really does the job... Until my wife gets upset that I can't hear her. Also I tend to scream more when I use them to play LoL with my friends. Fine for SC2 though...

[image loading]

They retail for 200, but I got them for 80 on ebay.ca
Guess who`s special?!
Ikidomari
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia485 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-26 05:36:19
November 26 2012 05:36 GMT
#3960
Sorry if this is too off topic for the thread, but I've tried everywhere else I can think of with no luck.
My last pair of earphones (IEMs) went through the wash one too many times, so I'm looking to upgrade, I have a budget of about $200, and want a nice pair which can perform well for most music genres, as I listen to a lot of different varieties of music. Which earphones would you guys buy for this price?

tl;dr
best IEMs under 200 dollars?
thanks for any help / suggestions
Just break the rules, and you see the truth.
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O149
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 833
ZZZero.O 149
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
Doublelift5948
JimRising 802
Other Games
summit1g9924
FrodaN3097
C9.Mang0219
KnowMe168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 59m
Replay Cast
22h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.