• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7122 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 199

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 244 Next
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
November 26 2012 05:49 GMT
#3961
Apple IEMs. UE10s
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
shadowrunner99
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Belarus93 Posts
November 26 2012 06:11 GMT
#3962
AUDIO-TECHNICA
ATH-AD900
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-26 17:27:10
November 26 2012 17:22 GMT
#3963
On November 26 2012 14:36 Ikidomari wrote:
Sorry if this is too off topic for the thread, but I've tried everywhere else I can think of with no luck.
My last pair of earphones (IEMs) went through the wash one too many times, so I'm looking to upgrade, I have a budget of about $200, and want a nice pair which can perform well for most music genres, as I listen to a lot of different varieties of music. Which earphones would you guys buy for this price?

tl;dr
best IEMs under 200 dollars?
thanks for any help / suggestions



An IEM I recommend is VSonic GR07
$170~180
Great neutral sound all around
Plays pretty much all genres really well
http://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Isolation-Earphones-Earbuds-multiple/dp/B005FDXZJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353950646&sr=8-1&keywords=vsonic gr07

I haven't really wanted a new headphone/IEM after I got these
I mean I would like to try out new ones,but I am very satisfied with my pair :D

And as always, here is the massive IEM review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-265-iems-compared-dunu-i-3c-s-and-dn-19-tai-chi-added-11-21-12

I wonder how many times I posted this...
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Ikidomari
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia485 Posts
November 26 2012 17:45 GMT
#3964
Thanks guys, I appreciate it, I think JSH's recommendation is what I'm looking for :D
Just break the rules, and you see the truth.
therabit
Profile Joined August 2011
795 Posts
November 26 2012 21:32 GMT
#3965
On November 27 2012 02:45 Ikidomari wrote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate it, I think JSH's recommendation is what I'm looking for :D


Klipsch Image X10 is $85 on Amazon today. Great price for the iem. Usually this does for ~150. I just bought one
JonSnow
Profile Joined May 2012
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-27 00:04:52
November 26 2012 23:24 GMT
#3966
Hello! It's almost Christmas again and i'm looking to get some new headphones. I've been lurking in this thread and i'm pretty lost at what headphones to purchase.

What i'm looking for:

Budget- $100-$250
Needs Microphone
Very Durable( I seem to have tendency to break headphones =S)
Will be using it for music and gaming
Something that wont look too wonky

I don't have that many ideas so far so open to any opinions. I have been looking at some of the gaming headsets (7h siberia v2, Razer things) and i have looked at some brands like sennheiser but have no clue what i am looking for.

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure is mic is a necessity. I am fine with any non mic over ears.
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
November 27 2012 00:25 GMT
#3967
On November 27 2012 08:24 JonSnow wrote:
Hello! It's almost Christmas again and i'm looking to get some new headphones. I've been lurking in this thread and i'm pretty lost at what headphones to purchase.

What i'm looking for:

Budget- $100-$250
Needs Microphone
Very Durable( I seem to have tendency to break headphones =S)
Will be using it for music and gaming
Something that wont look too wonky

I don't have that many ideas so far so open to any opinions. I have been looking at some of the gaming headsets (7h siberia v2, Razer things) and i have looked at some brands like sennheiser but have no clue what i am looking for.

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure is mic is a necessity. I am fine with any non mic over ears.



Ya... you haven't been reading the thread if you want good headphones with a mic. Do what many have said... get a good set of headphones, then get a clip on mic or something to use with them. I myself use some mid-tier headphones (ATH-m50s) and a steel-series mic.
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
Zynes
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)1 Post
November 27 2012 00:31 GMT
#3968
On November 27 2012 09:25 Crushgroove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2012 08:24 JonSnow wrote:
Hello! It's almost Christmas again and i'm looking to get some new headphones. I've been lurking in this thread and i'm pretty lost at what headphones to purchase.

What i'm looking for:

Budget- $100-$250
Needs Microphone
Very Durable( I seem to have tendency to break headphones =S)
Will be using it for music and gaming
Something that wont look too wonky

I don't have that many ideas so far so open to any opinions. I have been looking at some of the gaming headsets (7h siberia v2, Razer things) and i have looked at some brands like sennheiser but have no clue what i am looking for.

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure is mic is a necessity. I am fine with any non mic over ears.



Ya... you haven't been reading the thread if you want good headphones with a mic. Do what many have said... get a good set of headphones, then get a clip on mic or something to use with them. I myself use some mid-tier headphones (ATH-m50s) and a steel-series mic.


V-MODA M100 or M80 with boom mic. Though I do not know if the boom mic will be compatible with the M80
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-27 05:08:43
November 27 2012 05:03 GMT
#3969
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21978_Kicker-HP541-09HP541-Over-Ear-DJ-Style-Headphones.html?SearchClickout[query_id]=13953502&SearchClickout[Ignore]=1

reviews suggest its great value. mine came in today for me to gift to my nephew, after listening to it i think i'll keep it and get a audio-technica m20 for him lol. sounds awesome, i'm no expert at all, someone test em out.

kicker makes good speakers/woofers and great amps, in my opinion while working with car audio.

bass sounds great through my phone but lacks on my computer. gave 12db "bass boost" to 75hz in windows, sounds great now
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-27 13:34:35
November 27 2012 06:56 GMT
#3970
I'm using ATH-M50. Will low-tier DAC like FiiO E7/10/17 and NuForce Icon make any noticeable sound improvement?

On November 27 2012 16:07 Rollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2012 15:56 boon2537 wrote:
I'm using ATH-M50. Will low-tier DAC like FiiO E7/10/17 and NuForce Icon make any noticeable sound improvement?
Sorry for sounding like a noob >.<

Depends on your current source (assuming it's a realtek chipset on your motherboard?), the bitrate of the music (128k crap will sound like shit out of a $10k system) interference levels etc.

So the answer is maybe, depending, but you'll probably notice it.

I guess I should clear that up. I mostly listen my music from the old motherboard, probably with a realtek chipset like you said, and I listen to 320k, v0, or lossless. If I were to get any of the DAC, which one do you guys recommend?
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-27 07:08:08
November 27 2012 07:07 GMT
#3971
On November 27 2012 15:56 boon2537 wrote:
I'm using ATH-M50. Will low-tier DAC like FiiO E7/10/17 and NuForce Icon make any noticeable sound improvement?
Sorry for sounding like a noob >.<

Depends on your current source (assuming it's a realtek chipset on your motherboard?), the bitrate of the music (128k crap will sound like shit out of a $10k system) interference levels etc.

So the answer is maybe, depending, but you'll probably notice it.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 07:47:37
November 28 2012 07:47 GMT
#3972
On November 26 2012 14:07 Le BucheRON wrote:

I'm a fan of my House of Marley - Stir it Up headphones. I got them for my brother last christmas and I loved them so much, I got a pair for myself a few months later. Great sound, love the leather - and just by the weight of these badboys you know they're not flimsy plastic. Only problem is I can't hear a thing when I'm listening to music with them on. They aren't noise-canceling, but the leather padding on the ears really does the job... Until my wife gets upset that I can't hear her. Also I tend to scream more when I use them to play LoL with my friends. Fine for SC2 though...

*image*

They retail for 200, but I got them for 80 on ebay.ca


I'm sure they're great, but it's the first time I hear someone list a pair of headphones being heavy as a positive thing. You usually want headphones to be as light as possible for comfort.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-29 03:54:45
November 29 2012 03:53 GMT
#3973
So.. can anyone help me choose between these...
http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-HFI-580-Surround-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00101UHS8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354161160&sr=1-1&keywords=ultrasone 580
for $120 USD
or
a pair of ATHM50's $105 USD?
BW -> League -> CSGO
GroK
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 17:42:56
November 29 2012 17:05 GMT
#3974
FWIW, I just bought the Plantronics Gamecom 780 for $50 through Amazon. I think I'll be happy with them according to the glowing reviews on both Amazon and Newegg. All I really wanted was something that did not break and had a decent mic in case I ever wanted to do skype or something, but apparently these have great sound and are very comfortable also. I like the idea of "Superhero-strength cords, joints and materials" since it seems the first thing to break is a flimsy connector or one side going dead because of an under-spec internal wire or cold solder joint. And I did NOT want to pay over $100 or just go with what's "cool". Maybe I have too high expectations on what you can get for under $100, but Plantronics has been making things like this for Corporate America for decades so it made sense that they could succeed in this market and NOT sell junk that breaks. Using the USB connector seems like a good idea too. I'll let you know how it works out.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
November 30 2012 03:33 GMT
#3975
Hey guys so i have about $400~ to blow on headphones, if you guys could reccomend the perfect ratio of looks to quality would be fantastic! I was thinking something like the skullcandy aviators but they dont look that nice. Honestly i want the beats but i hear such bad things about their quality and bass, but i just love their look. Plus, everyone fucking has beats i dont want to be another beat faggot Help meeeee!

User was warned for this post

User was banned for this post.
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
November 30 2012 03:33 GMT
#3976
Its also my birthday so help me out guys!!
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-30 07:26:57
November 30 2012 07:16 GMT
#3977
On November 30 2012 12:33 EndofCreation wrote:
Hey guys so i have about $400~ to blow on headphones, if you guys could reccomend the perfect ratio of looks to quality would be fantastic! I was thinking something like the skullcandy aviators but they dont look that nice. Honestly i want the beats but i hear such bad things about their quality and bass, but i just love their look. Plus, everyone fucking has beats i dont want to be another beat faggot Help meeeee!


On November 30 2012 12:33 EndofCreation wrote:
Its also my birthday so help me out guys!!


If you want good looking, great sounding, comfortable portable headphones then I would recommend taking a look at the Sennheiser Momentum. They retail at about $350.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
November 30 2012 08:51 GMT
#3978
Vmoda m100 seems to have positive reviews ( for the birthday guy above )
© Current year.
GroK
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11 Posts
November 30 2012 13:17 GMT
#3979
Thanks TeamLiquid webmaster for allowing us to edit our previous posts.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
ShaPeLesS
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria87 Posts
November 30 2012 19:29 GMT
#3980
Hey TL!

Looking to buy a new pair of headphones. Budget is ~100$ but would prefer to spend 50-60$. Looking for over the ear headphones. They must be closed - I don't want to be leaking sound.

Another thing that is important to me is the headband - I would prefer something similar to the Steelseries Siberia v2 because I don't like to worry about breaking the headband.

Any recommendations? I've checked different models but since I don't know how well they sound (and more $ =/= better sound) I decided to come to you guys for advice.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings171
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 214
Terrorterran 16
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm243
League of Legends
Doublelift5846
JimRising 740
Counter-Strike
taco 274
minikerr53
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0414
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.