• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9272 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 196

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 244 Next
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
October 23 2012 21:51 GMT
#3901
On October 23 2012 23:53 nosliw wrote:
What specs with headphone should I be looking into?
For Ex:
• Drive unit 2 x 6mm 16 Ohm
• Frequency Response 20-20khz
• Impedance 16ohm +/- 20%
• Sensitivity (at 1kHz) 90 +/-3dB
• Plug Type: Dia. 3.5mm Stereo Gold Plug, 45 degree angle
• Max. Power: 10 mW
• Channel Balance: 3 dB at 1kHz

Ask Myrmidon for some FR graphs?
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
October 23 2012 22:00 GMT
#3902
On October 24 2012 06:40 nosliw wrote:
what are some review website for IEMs?


http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-261-iems-compared-brainwavz-m5-added-10-22-12

Here you go
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
October 24 2012 08:12 GMT
#3903
Hey guys, I'm requesting your help.
I'd want earplugs (but not IEMs) to listen to some music in the tram for a little money (less than 30€). Something with a quite neutral sound would be great (although I don't expect miracles in this price range) because I listen to quite a lot of different styles of music, good mediums would be very appreciated still.
I've been told to buy Sennheiser's MX 470 maybe. Have you guys tried them ?

Thanks.
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 28 2012 09:22 GMT
#3904
On October 24 2012 06:40 nosliw wrote:
what are some review website for IEMs?

On October 19 2012 07:08 wei2coolman wrote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-260-iems-compared-thinksound-ms01-added-10-18-12

This is pretty much my go-to guide for IEM's.


Normally I don't like to give shit over people not reading thread, but seriously this was like 2 posts before your post >.>
It's a very nice guide. They have some very nice suggestions on the cheaper IEMS, around the 30-50 dollar cost.

I'd suggest SoundMagic E10, I'm using them, and I love um. But they might be a bit warm in sound for you.
liftlift > tsm
nebula.
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-28 13:11:59
October 28 2012 13:11 GMT
#3905
- Bring an apple
- Put in the headphones
- Pwn!

gotta have the right headphones in order to pwn!

[image loading]
Speakers
Fake headphones (for 30% of the price, same headphones)

dunno what headphones are?

check out

headphones.com
I miss you July ~~~ I was in PonyTales #7 wooho!
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-28 13:25:06
October 28 2012 13:24 GMT
#3906
On October 28 2012 22:11 nebula. wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

- Bring an apple
- Put in the headphones
- Pwn!

gotta have the right headphones in order to pwn!

[image loading]
Speakers
Fake headphones (for 30% of the price, same headphones)

dunno what headphones are?

check out

headphones.com

What the fuck did I just read.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
OneBaseKing
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Afghanistan412 Posts
October 28 2012 13:28 GMT
#3907
Please someone help me please, this is urgent. I've got this 6 month project coming up in my school and I need a high-end headphone! I chose Sennheiser HD650 and I just want to know if it's compatible with Nuforce iCon iDo... HD650 has 300 ohms... i have no idea, sorryk, i'm complete noob
Aresien
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United Kingdom305 Posts
October 28 2012 13:58 GMT
#3908
Hey guys, could I get some advice? I'm looking at getting some headphones purely for music, i've always had gaming headsets (most recently the Sennheiser PC350's) so would like something a bit more dedicated to the job. I've currently got a ROG Xonar Phoebus sound card (if that makes much difference). I've got a budget of £400 so anything you guys could suggest within those parameters would be much appriciated! Also any info/suggestions on amps would be good, not an area i've looked at before.
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
October 28 2012 14:13 GMT
#3909
On October 28 2012 22:28 OneBaseKing wrote:
Please someone help me please, this is urgent. I've got this 6 month project coming up in my school and I need a high-end headphone! I chose Sennheiser HD650 and I just want to know if it's compatible with Nuforce iCon iDo... HD650 has 300 ohms... i have no idea, sorryk, i'm complete noob


head-fi.org

best data base for anything headphones.

There is no comparison possible between your Nuforce w/e and a Sennheiser HD650. Even a low end sennheiser is probably better than a Nuforce.

For the ohms it is only important depending on what you have to drive.

MP3 players, smartphone can't drive well because of very low output power, so usually you don't go over 60~ohms headset if you want to listen to you mp3/smartphone, unless you have a portable damp.

300 ohms you need a living room high-fi or a real consol to drive this. Not your usual mp3.
you would still get sound on a mp3 but with a very low quality and fidelity. It would be a waste.

then again

check head-fi.org
NoMercy1993
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany26 Posts
October 28 2012 14:44 GMT
#3910
steelseries 5hv2, really happy with those as usual when it comes to steelseries products =)
Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 28 2012 19:01 GMT
#3911
On October 28 2012 23:44 NoMercy1993 wrote:
steelseries 5hv2, really happy with those as usual when it comes to steelseries products =)

How is the actual sound quality in the V2? Are there any ranges which don't sound quite as nice?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
October 31 2012 05:17 GMT
#3912
Headphone enthusiasts, I need help with making a purchase. I need a sturdy pair of headphones mostly for working out that aren't earbuds and have good audio quality, in the 50-150 range. Any ideas?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
October 31 2012 07:58 GMT
#3913
On October 31 2012 14:17 farvacola wrote:
Headphone enthusiasts, I need help with making a purchase. I need a sturdy pair of headphones mostly for working out that aren't earbuds and have good audio quality, in the 50-150 range. Any ideas?

Everyone loves these: http://www.audeoworld.com/en/US/Products/PFE/AudeoPFE01.htm
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Gowa
Profile Joined October 2010
France133 Posts
October 31 2012 20:11 GMT
#3914
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU?tag=duckduckgo-ironbrowser-20

AD700s for 100$ on amazon, does anyone not recommend this early christmas gift ? :D
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
October 31 2012 22:10 GMT
#3915
I've seen them as low as $70 before

Maybe wait a bit for the price to drop?
Or maybe the price of it went up, I dunno
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
November 01 2012 00:05 GMT
#3916
I seem to remember more like $80-90 being typical, but let's check that Amazon price history at camelcamelcamel.

Anyway, there are other options too. I think around the usual price, it's a good headphone but not really suited to many peoples' tastes.
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 18:58:28
November 01 2012 18:37 GMT
#3917
Hi
I've decided to try and get a new headset, and I can spend up to $300 if it's worth it. I would prefer to use a headset over headphones + mic setup because I play at night and talk very very quietly on vent, so I think I need something close to my mouth to pick up the whispering.
At this point I almost bought seinheiser pc360 because I want my headphones to sound decent overall, not only for games. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-360-Headset-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U?tag=tealiq-20

But I'm also considering Astro A40s as shown here:
http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

The sole reason is the 7.1 surround sound which sounds kinda fun and which PC360 doesn't have. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Any recommendations as to which ones to go with?

From what I've read online I'm pretty sure I'll go with 360s but I know little about surround sound on headphones, hence the question.
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
November 01 2012 21:58 GMT
#3918
On November 02 2012 03:37 iokke wrote:
Hi
I've decided to try and get a new headset, and I can spend up to $300 if it's worth it. I would prefer to use a headset over headphones + mic setup because I play at night and talk very very quietly on vent, so I think I need something close to my mouth to pick up the whispering.
At this point I almost bought seinheiser pc360 because I want my headphones to sound decent overall, not only for games. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-360-Headset-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U?tag=tealiq-20

But I'm also considering Astro A40s as shown here:
http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

The sole reason is the 7.1 surround sound which sounds kinda fun and which PC360 doesn't have. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Any recommendations as to which ones to go with?

From what I've read online I'm pretty sure I'll go with 360s but I know little about surround sound on headphones, hence the question.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-MMX-300-Premium-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W

get these or go home bro.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
November 02 2012 01:37 GMT
#3919
On October 31 2012 16:58 Fyodor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 14:17 farvacola wrote:
Headphone enthusiasts, I need help with making a purchase. I need a sturdy pair of headphones mostly for working out that aren't earbuds and have good audio quality, in the 50-150 range. Any ideas?

Everyone loves these: http://www.audeoworld.com/en/US/Products/PFE/AudeoPFE01.htm


PFE are indeed a nice pick, confy and great sound quality for that price range.
But they are IEM (in ear monitors) so it's a bit better than earbuds since it fits in and shouldn't be able to move or drop.

as usual try them before buying.
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-03 23:39:54
November 02 2012 16:52 GMT
#3920
On November 02 2012 06:58 Fyodor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2012 03:37 iokke wrote:
Hi
I've decided to try and get a new headset, and I can spend up to $300 if it's worth it. I would prefer to use a headset over headphones + mic setup because I play at night and talk very very quietly on vent, so I think I need something close to my mouth to pick up the whispering.
At this point I almost bought seinheiser pc360 because I want my headphones to sound decent overall, not only for games. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-360-Headset-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U?tag=tealiq-20

But I'm also considering Astro A40s as shown here:
http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

The sole reason is the 7.1 surround sound which sounds kinda fun and which PC360 doesn't have. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Any recommendations as to which ones to go with?

From what I've read online I'm pretty sure I'll go with 360s but I know little about surround sound on headphones, hence the question.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-MMX-300-Premium-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W

get these or go home bro.


I ended buying mmx300 used for $217 + tax (TT taxes on amazon!) Hopefully it's not the shitty pair that was returned over and over again (was last pair they had;)). PC360 just wasn't an option anymore because I needed closed-back.

I've also made a post in another thread that summarizes what I found while shopping for headphones with emphasis on gaming, but without sacrificing overall quality. Might help someone else who is looking for a similar thing. You can find it here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319355&currentpage=15#284

If you don't wanna read it, still wanna mention 2 things that are worth checking out:
This seems to be a great guide for those who are looking for headphones primarily for gaming, but also want them to be good overall. It's an up to date summary for many different dolby headphones in one place:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-10-30-12-dt990-listings-merged-and-updated

Finally in case anyone else was looking for a good attachable mic to avoid headsets and get good cans + mic, the following attaches to your headphones and basically turns them into a headset (you will have to wait for it to get back in stock though):
www.modmic.com or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IT9P3G?tag=bestbushnell177-20
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1031
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm95
League of Legends
Doublelift4894
JimRising 620
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7064
Other Games
summit1g10179
FrodaN3145
KnowMe218
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1049
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
33m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 33m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.