• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13276 users

What are your hobbies? - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
October 19 2019 13:35 GMT
#181
Allright, a bit late maybe but as I promised here are some pictures.

[image loading]

The plants are, in order from left to right:
Tomato
Kumquat (Type of citrus fruit)
Chili pepper plants
Ginger and clementine (citrus) in the same pot.
Date palm (Deglet Noor)
Mango
Some kind of chili but I've forgotten what type.
Passionfruit vine.
Grapefruit
Orange
Lemon
Lemon

[image loading]

Avocado tree.

[image loading]

Jalapeno. But the jalapenos have no heat, so they're basically just smaller bell peppers, which is slightly dissapointing. Good on cheese sandwiches though.

[image loading]

From left to right:
Pumpkins
Grapefruit
Some kind of chili
Some kind of Citrus. Maybe another kumquat.

Also, as a bonus picture. Here's what it looks like when I run my phase-modulated soundwave generated by code in an Arduino through a digital-to-analog-converter and into my oscilloscope.

[image loading]

"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
xpdeus
Profile Joined October 2019
13 Posts
October 21 2019 07:11 GMT
#182
I love metal detecting
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
October 25 2019 10:03 GMT
#183
On October 21 2019 16:11 xpdeus wrote:
I love metal detecting


Ever found anything cool?
"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
October 25 2019 13:07 GMT
#184
disclaimer: i don't play starcraft anymore. haven't in years. still watch and follow the scene though.

i do Triathlon. train six days a week (except for off-season which started this week for me).
i rap. but not much lately tbh.
and i know this one isn't a hobby but i really enjoy my current job a lot. spend around 40-50 hours a week working.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Urioysone
Profile Joined November 2019
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-15 07:34:27
November 08 2019 13:32 GMT
#185
I enjoy fishing and traveling.
But I want to start playing the guitar. And I am looking for a basic, cheap all round electric guitar to learn on https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-electric-guitars-for-beginners . Does anyone have any recommendations pls?
Thanks.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
November 08 2019 14:09 GMT
#186
outside of gaming, im a target shooter and like to grow stuff (especially chillies)
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
HerbMon
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States472 Posts
November 08 2019 20:16 GMT
#187
Skateboarding
Filming
Wood Burning
Reading
Rock Climbing
Hockey
How we will win in the period ahead.
leesohook
Profile Joined November 2019
3 Posts
December 03 2019 07:57 GMT
#188
--- Nuked ---
stevehamer
Profile Joined July 2020
1 Post
July 23 2020 14:52 GMT
#189
--- Nuked ---
gedzuoki
Profile Joined August 2020
1 Post
August 01 2020 17:02 GMT
#190
--- Nuked ---
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-02 14:40:09
August 02 2020 14:37 GMT
#191
I've noticed I have a strange addiction to "useless"/unpractical hobbies. Not that any hobby is useless if you enjoy doing it but when facing the question "what does that hobby bring you aside from the enjoyment of doing it", I'm at loss for an answer. For examples:
-Starcraft 2: once you stop playing you won't have much to show for it unless you were a pro
-Kickboxing: I could talk about the self-defense side of the sport but truth be told i've never been into a fight before or after taking up kickboxing. It's good cardio i guess. Can't even really play it with friends
-Writing: I like writing short stories and write letters to my parents but aside from the enjoyment of coming up with a good story to tell it doesn't bring much
-Reading books (i don't even really consider it a hobby because it's a medium you consume, not something that you make/learn) : I can talk about books with other people I guess? But not many people read anyway.
-Language learning: I've been learning norwegian for a while now. Progress are coming along nicely though they're slower than I'd like to. However I don't know any norwegian IRL and I've never been to Norway, I just thought it'd be cool. That's the most practical thing I enjoy doing as a hobby but the opportunities to talk norwegian are so rare IRL that it's not really usefull at all.

I've been thinking about starting to learn how to play guitar, that'd be a hobby people just kinda "get" because it's always nice to have someone around who plays guitar well. But yeah that's too useful/practical of a hobby for me so i've been procrastinating about it for months

Meanwhile my girlfriend is the exact opposite. She's into sewing and knitting, piano, cooking, baking and volunteering to teach people how to perform CPR and other life saving movements lel. Some rather handy skills to have.
rly ?
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
August 02 2020 17:20 GMT
#192
You can approach reading books differently than "consuming". I think this is a wrong approach. You could get caught in the consuming section of literature: the thriller novels, for example, which mostly put down the sequence of events and have their characters more often than not only thinly fleshed out, or you could go the more prosaic route, or read stories that actually share wisdom. It's also relevant to put into context what you're reading.
For instance, why did science fiction (utopian and dystopian alike) become popular during the end of the 19th century and even more popular in the 20th? After thinking about it, I've come to realize this is a genre that feeds off of things going bad in the world. It's a reflection, where we either see outcomes as bleak (the dystopian view) or hopeful (the utopian). Of course you have a lot more nuance, but this realization made me appreciate science fiction - and especially the time in which specific novels were written - much more.

ON SC2: this is a brain-stimulator. It keeps your brain and reflex muscles (hand-eye coordination) sharp. It's not a waste to keep your brain fit on certain levels. So, no, you don't have nothing to show for it.
ON kickboxing: the same as SC2, it's body-eye coordination, reflexes and it keeps the body fit.
So with SC2 and kickboxing you have got a good combo going to keep you sharp for years to come.

Writing is like a puzzle, it'll also keep the language part of your brain sharp, as well as the creative part.
Learning a language stimulates your brain, which is a good thing.

I would say the following though: don't spread yourself too thin with hobbies. If you take on too much you'll burn out and get a distaste for many things I think. I think 3-5 hobbies to spend time on is more than enough and everything after that will just cause mental exhaustion.
Taxes are for Terrans
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
August 02 2020 17:47 GMT
#193
On November 09 2019 05:16 HerbMon wrote:
Skateboarding
Filming
Wood Burning
Reading
Rock Climbing
Hockey


Nice tinder profile bro xD
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
SamirDuran
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines895 Posts
August 02 2020 17:56 GMT
#194
I'm a simple man that loves starcraft and cycling.

[image loading]
Don't practice until you can get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.
larabell
Profile Joined August 2020
1 Post
Last Edited: 2020-08-24 12:21:06
August 24 2020 12:20 GMT
#195
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
hautecoutureevents
Profile Joined September 2020
1 Post
September 04 2020 12:15 GMT
#196
--- Nuked ---
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-07 17:02:07
September 07 2020 17:01 GMT
#197
Depression.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
September 07 2020 17:45 GMT
#198
Until recently I must have overlooked how dope fishing was. I mean, I used to go as a kid and recall long days on the dock fondly, but for whatever reason there has been a near 2 decade gap since picking it back up. It's not difficult to always have a rod&tackle in my vehicle and feeling like finding some water and breathing some air. It helps that I enjoy hiking already and have scoped out many quiet spots near me in the process. Doesn't really matter if nothing comes of it; I've never had a hobby for which I wasn't obsessed with the outcome, improving, whatever. Just silence, contemplation, and sometimes I come across a fish.
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-07 19:52:26
September 07 2020 19:52 GMT
#199
Reading (A LOT of reading), watching all types of documentaries, watching pre 2010 movies, cooking and walking around my city
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
September 07 2020 19:52 GMT
#200
On September 08 2020 02:01 Wombat_NornIron wrote:
Depression.

That's depressing..
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 225
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko340
SHIN 225
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42436
Bisu 2461
Shuttle 1812
Hyuk 1730
Soma 446
EffOrt 443
Larva 398
Mini 388
ZerO 325
firebathero 216
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 94
Zeus 66
Pusan 54
Sexy 53
Trap 49
Hyun 48
Bale 43
Killer 38
Hm[arnc] 36
Aegong 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
zelot 22
Noble 17
sorry 17
yabsab 10
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 7
Rock 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5006
qojqva1434
Dendi943
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
crisheroes795
Liquid`Hasu188
Other Games
gofns40541
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1221
Happy338
DeMusliM238
Livibee203
Liquid`VortiX91
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS70
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9023
League of Legends
• Jankos1756
Other Games
• WagamamaTV224
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 43m
INu's Battles
22h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.