• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7910 users

The Big Programming Thread - Page 746

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 744 745 746 747 748 1032 Next
Thread Rules
1. This is not a "do my homework for me" thread. If you have specific questions, ask, but don't post an assignment or homework problem and expect an exact solution.
2. No recruiting for your cockamamie projects (you won't replace facebook with 3 dudes you found on the internet and $20)
3. If you can't articulate why a language is bad, don't start slinging shit about it. Just remember that nothing is worse than making CSS IE6 compatible.
4. Use [code] tags to format code blocks.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
July 27 2016 06:49 GMT
#14901
On July 27 2016 11:19 Frudgey wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to paginate (I hope I spelt that right) a text area on a HTML page?

I'm okay to use HTML, JavaScript or JQuery to try and do this. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about.

For context, thousands of values are being loaded into a text area and I think it's slowing down the HTML page that it's on, so I want to try and rectify this.

Thanks!


Well, technically you could save the text into js variable, slice it and use scroll events or something to append textarea value.

But if your textareas are so big that they slow down the browser then I think your problem might be lying somewhere else...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
July 27 2016 07:54 GMT
#14902
On July 27 2016 15:49 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2016 11:19 Frudgey wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to paginate (I hope I spelt that right) a text area on a HTML page?

I'm okay to use HTML, JavaScript or JQuery to try and do this. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about.

For context, thousands of values are being loaded into a text area and I think it's slowing down the HTML page that it's on, so I want to try and rectify this.

Thanks!


Well, technically you could save the text into js variable, slice it and use scroll events or something to append textarea value.

But if your textareas are so big that they slow down the browser then I think your problem might be lying somewhere else...

If you know how many lines will fit into the text box at all times, responsively, then you could design something like android's listview, which stores the data that should be displayed plus the immediate scroll content, retrieves more content from memory as the user scrolls.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
July 27 2016 12:36 GMT
#14903
Paginate a textarea? Sure. Create some link elements for page buttons, then you have a few approaches:
1. js array of the values for each page. Messy, and annoying if you want to save several different texts at once
2. ajax that shit. Can be slow, but better than an array
3. hidden inputs that you swap values with. lets you save everything, but still messy like js array
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 27 2016 15:49 GMT
#14904
Depending on the amount of text, AJAX would be the way to go. If it's not a ton, like your page loads in less than a second, then you should think about hiding the text and displaying when necessary.
Life?
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-27 20:18:57
July 27 2016 20:18 GMT
#14905
Shit. Got called about new job today. They want to snag me and make me a product owner.

Not really sure I'm up to it because during the interview I realized how much I like to dwell in the guts of the beast actually. Coding is always amazing for me, but it seems like a cool opportunity to get a bit different experience. I'm so torn...

Have any of you been there/done that? What are your experiences?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
July 27 2016 23:30 GMT
#14906
Any idea how I can get the list of installed programs on Windows? I've tried example from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24909108/get-installed-software-list-using-c-sharp , but there are some programs which are not listed such as Speccy. CCleaner lists it though, so I wonder what they use. I'm also fine with Windows API, C# and C++ if that's what your example could use.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
July 28 2016 00:58 GMT
#14907
On July 28 2016 08:30 Shield wrote:
Any idea how I can get the list of installed programs on Windows? I've tried example from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24909108/get-installed-software-list-using-c-sharp , but there are some programs which are not listed such as Speccy. CCleaner lists it though, so I wonder what they use. I'm also fine with Windows API, C# and C++ if that's what your example could use.


Do you need your program to fetch the list or do you simply need the list? You can save CCleaner list as text you know (bottom right button on the uninstall screen)...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 28 2016 06:38 GMT
#14908
Via R1CH:

http://html9responsiveboilerstrapjs.com/
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
July 28 2016 06:52 GMT
#14909
On July 28 2016 09:58 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2016 08:30 Shield wrote:
Any idea how I can get the list of installed programs on Windows? I've tried example from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24909108/get-installed-software-list-using-c-sharp , but there are some programs which are not listed such as Speccy. CCleaner lists it though, so I wonder what they use. I'm also fine with Windows API, C# and C++ if that's what your example could use.


Do you need your program to fetch the list or do you simply need the list? You can save CCleaner list as text you know (bottom right button on the uninstall screen)...


My goal is to see if an application is installed. If it is, then I uninstall it programmatically. Unfortunately, all the C# examples I find just list mainly Microsoft products and they miss programs such as Speccy. I'm going to see if C++ could achieve this task better by calling different API.
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
July 28 2016 07:18 GMT
#14910
On July 28 2016 15:52 Shield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2016 09:58 Manit0u wrote:
On July 28 2016 08:30 Shield wrote:
Any idea how I can get the list of installed programs on Windows? I've tried example from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24909108/get-installed-software-list-using-c-sharp , but there are some programs which are not listed such as Speccy. CCleaner lists it though, so I wonder what they use. I'm also fine with Windows API, C# and C++ if that's what your example could use.


Do you need your program to fetch the list or do you simply need the list? You can save CCleaner list as text you know (bottom right button on the uninstall screen)...


My goal is to see if an application is installed. If it is, then I uninstall it programmatically. Unfortunately, all the C# examples I find just list mainly Microsoft products and they miss programs such as Speccy. I'm going to see if C++ could achieve this task better by calling different API.


If you are looking for a specific application, wouldn't it be more sensible to look for it's registry entry to determine whether it's installed and then run it's uninstall, which should be in the registry as well?
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
July 28 2016 08:05 GMT
#14911
On July 28 2016 15:38 zatic wrote:
Via R1CH:

http://html9responsiveboilerstrapjs.com/

That's amazing

And true.
Administrator
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-28 14:33:48
July 28 2016 14:33 GMT
#14912
On July 28 2016 17:05 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2016 15:38 zatic wrote:
Via R1CH:

http://html9responsiveboilerstrapjs.com/

That's amazing

And true.


This guy's twitter is amazing: https://twitter.com/H9RBSjs
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 28 2016 15:01 GMT
#14913
http://blog.durandal.io/2016/07/27/aurelia-1-0-is-here/ - Talking about Aurelia earlier, they've released 1.0... So no more beta!

Also on that html9responsive, I love it, gotta love this part too:

2. How do I install this?
Um... are you stupid or something? Just attackclone the grit repo pushmerge, then rubygem the lymphnode js shawarma module – and presto!
Life?
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-28 22:28:11
July 28 2016 22:20 GMT
#14914
I don't know if MSIINSTALLCONTEXT_MACHINE means "all installed products" on machine, but if it does, then MsiGetProductInfoEx is probably still not good enough. I'm using this API: msdn.microsoft.com

Edit: It feels good when I don't have to use heap memory.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-29 12:19:15
July 29 2016 08:39 GMT
#14915
Is anyone here proficient with CMake (3.0+)?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-29 14:28:11
July 29 2016 14:27 GMT
#14916
On July 28 2016 05:18 Manit0u wrote:
Shit. Got called about new job today. They want to snag me and make me a product owner.

Not really sure I'm up to it because during the interview I realized how much I like to dwell in the guts of the beast actually. Coding is always amazing for me, but it seems like a cool opportunity to get a bit different experience. I'm so torn...

Have any of you been there/done that? What are your experiences?


So, I went from being a backend programmer to frontend while making more $$ and now I'm more of a UX/UI consulting guy. I really like the analytical part of building websites, so I haven't really touched building guts of a beast in a while, and to tell you the truth, I love it. Less stress, more pay, and eventually you'll be up at the top as long as you show performance. Also, as a product owner, I definitely think you'll be in the guts anyways making sure code doesn't look like shit.

Are you doing Agile development or Scrum within the new/old company?
Life?
Nesserev
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium2760 Posts
July 29 2016 14:33 GMT
#14917
--- Nuked ---
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-29 15:25:25
July 29 2016 15:12 GMT
#14918
On July 29 2016 23:33 Nesserev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2016 17:39 Khalum wrote:
Is anyone here proficient with CMake (3.0+)?

Posting your question never hurts

That was a question..
Alright, in all seriousness, this is my situation:

I'm using CMake to generate a Visual Studio solution. Everything works as intended for the different libs and executables in there. Now I also have some files that need to be copied into different directories.

The way I have it set up right now is that I made a custom command similar to this:

add_custom_command(OUTPUT ${dst}
      COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} ARGS -E copy ${src} ${dst}
      DEPENDS ${src})

${src} would be a source file, ${dst} the destination file.

I'm creating these commands in a foreach loop that iterates over all the input files and output paths ('[..]/release/' and '[..]/debug/'), so each source/destination combination has its own command.
All the ${dst} values get added to a list, let's call it ${all_dsts} now.

Then I wrote a custom target that depends on the commands outputs, like this:

add_custom_target(CopyStuff ALL DEPENDS ${all_dsts})


Okay, so far so good. Whenever a source file changes it gets copied into the places it needs to go. Great.

BUT!
Let's say I ran the debug build and all files have been copied. Now I run the release build - and they get copied again since the release build has no idea about what the debug build did. Also: every build copies the files into both the /debug and the /release directories, which is totally not what I want to happen. What If I have no intentions of ever building the debug configuration - I don't need any files to be copied!

So. I know about generator expressions and know about $<CONFIG:cfg>, but I have no idea how to combine that with what I wrote so far.

Is there a way to write something like this? (pseudo code below)

set(${dst} if($<CONFIG:Debug>) ${dst_debug} elseif($<Config:Release>) ${dst_release})


[edit]
I also thought about adding the configuration to the DEPENDS section of the command but have no idea if/how I can combine generator expressions and file dependencies.


How can I achieve what I want?
Nesserev
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium2760 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-29 18:34:35
July 29 2016 18:24 GMT
#14919
--- Nuked ---
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
July 29 2016 19:07 GMT
#14920
On July 29 2016 23:27 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2016 05:18 Manit0u wrote:
Shit. Got called about new job today. They want to snag me and make me a product owner.

Not really sure I'm up to it because during the interview I realized how much I like to dwell in the guts of the beast actually. Coding is always amazing for me, but it seems like a cool opportunity to get a bit different experience. I'm so torn...

Have any of you been there/done that? What are your experiences?


So, I went from being a backend programmer to frontend while making more $$ and now I'm more of a UX/UI consulting guy. I really like the analytical part of building websites, so I haven't really touched building guts of a beast in a while, and to tell you the truth, I love it. Less stress, more pay, and eventually you'll be up at the top as long as you show performance. Also, as a product owner, I definitely think you'll be in the guts anyways making sure code doesn't look like shit.

Are you doing Agile development or Scrum within the new/old company?


I did go through various implementations of Agile development and Scrum techniques in a couple companies I worked for (was a scrum master for about a month in one of them). Anyway, I think I'll ditch the offer since I just like coding too much (and higher pay isn't my priority).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 744 745 746 747 748 1032 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 241
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 624
Larva 381
Leta 85
NaDa 51
TT1 18
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm240
League of Legends
JimRising 718
Other Games
summit1g10159
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King82
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV337
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1232
• Lourlo886
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 29m
INu's Battles
7h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
Replay Cast
18h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.