• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9910 users

The Big Programming Thread - Page 119

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 1032 Next
Thread Rules
1. This is not a "do my homework for me" thread. If you have specific questions, ask, but don't post an assignment or homework problem and expect an exact solution.
2. No recruiting for your cockamamie projects (you won't replace facebook with 3 dudes you found on the internet and $20)
3. If you can't articulate why a language is bad, don't start slinging shit about it. Just remember that nothing is worse than making CSS IE6 compatible.
4. Use [code] tags to format code blocks.
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
February 24 2012 23:09 GMT
#2361
[image loading]

[image loading]

User was warned for this post
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
February 25 2012 09:45 GMT
#2362
On February 25 2012 04:55 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 02:46 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I have a goal with a website I'm in charge of. It's for a family business. I dipped in HTML back in 04 and 05, but what I want to do is currently beyond my knowledge. In otherwords, I don't know where to look to start learning what I need -- or, perhaps, who to hire.

Is anyone in this good community interested in a little web development side project, or pointing me in the right direction?

Details
+ Show Spoiler +
Currently, the horse pedigrees look like this.
[image loading]

That, my brother said, is the absolute best we can do. I know he's wrong. I'd like the pedigree like this:
[image loading]

With Tooltips Like This:
[image loading]

So, what's the best way to go about creating this? Ideally, it can work inside of our wordpress. Those mockups are my work, so graphics is not so much a problem, just the technical side of things.

Thanks guys.


That is extremely easy to achieve, especially if the content is static and you don't plan on changing that often. All you need is to read tutorials on HTML and CSS.

Basically what you have there is a table, so learn how to fancy the tables with CSS and you are ready to go.


It doesn't take that long to learn CSS. Do it right with div and position layouts, and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches later.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 11:35:13
February 25 2012 11:31 GMT
#2363
On February 25 2012 08:09 Frigo wrote:
User was warned for this post

Please don't post memes, image macros and similar sorts of pictures on team liquid.

Those were of my own making but nevermind -_-


Anyone has any idea why can't Eclipse use SVN properly with linked folders (via Subclipse)? At work we use Eclipse with ClearCase and an open source ClearCase plugin and we have no problem with version control & linked folders. Unavailability of integrated version control is way too much of a loss.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 13:49:25
February 25 2012 13:49 GMT
#2364
On February 25 2012 20:31 Frigo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 08:09 Frigo wrote:
User was warned for this post

Show nested quote +
Please don't post memes, image macros and similar sorts of pictures on team liquid.

Those were of my own making but nevermind -_-


they are still image macros Oo

On February 25 2012 20:31 Frigo wrote:
Anyone has any idea why can't Eclipse use SVN properly with linked folders (via Subclipse)? At work we use Eclipse with ClearCase and an open source ClearCase plugin and we have no problem with version control & linked folders. Unavailability of integrated version control is way too much of a loss.


Maybe give subversive a try instead of subclipse. No guarantees though, i don't even know what linked folders in svn are ^^ but subversive always works better than subclipse in my experience.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Morga
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium35 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 16:14:31
February 25 2012 16:13 GMT
#2365
On February 23 2012 04:10 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a function in c.

I'm trying to make a function that takes an array of characters (basically a string/phrase) and count how many words out of it. A "word" is defined to be a sequence of non-null, non-whitespace characters, separated from other words by whitespace.

This is what I have right now.


int words( char sentence[]){
int wrd = 0;
int i, j;

for (i = 0; sentence[i] != '\0'; i++){

if(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

while(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

i++;

}
wrd++;
}

}

return wrd;
}



right now I'm using the phrase " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?" (exactly as typed) and I get 5 words when there is only 4 (R2!, Where, are, you?. Yes they all count).

Help?


int countWords(char* word,int length)
{
int iswhitespace(char c)
{
return c==' '||c=='\t'||c=='\n';

}

enum state{WHITE,NONWHITE};
int count = 1;
int i ;
int state = WHITE;
for(i = 0 ; i < length; i ++)
{
char current = word[i];
int white = iswhitespace(current);
switch(state)
{
case NONWHITE:
if(white)
{
state = WHITE;
count++;
break;
}else
{break;}
case WHITE:
if(white)
{
break;
}
else
{
state = NONWHITE;
break;
}
}
}
return count ;}




Havent written c in quite a while but this seems to compile and work ( also you can easily add whitespace characters).
FoxyMayhem
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
624 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 16:14:24
February 25 2012 16:14 GMT
#2366
On February 25 2012 18:45 BottleAbuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 04:55 fabiano wrote:
On February 25 2012 02:46 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I have a goal with a website I'm in charge of. It's for a family business. I dipped in HTML back in 04 and 05, but what I want to do is currently beyond my knowledge. In otherwords, I don't know where to look to start learning what I need -- or, perhaps, who to hire.

Is anyone in this good community interested in a little web development side project, or pointing me in the right direction?

Details
+ Show Spoiler +
Currently, the horse pedigrees look like this.
[image loading]

That, my brother said, is the absolute best we can do. I know he's wrong. I'd like the pedigree like this:
[image loading]

With Tooltips Like This:
[image loading]

So, what's the best way to go about creating this? Ideally, it can work inside of our wordpress. Those mockups are my work, so graphics is not so much a problem, just the technical side of things.

Thanks guys.


That is extremely easy to achieve, especially if the content is static and you don't plan on changing that often. All you need is to read tutorials on HTML and CSS.

Basically what you have there is a table, so learn how to fancy the tables with CSS and you are ready to go.


It doesn't take that long to learn CSS. Do it right with div and position layouts, and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches later.


Cool, so search for "CSS tutorials position layouts"? Is that where I begin?
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 16:19:12
February 25 2012 16:18 GMT
#2367
On February 26 2012 01:14 FoxyMayhem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 18:45 BottleAbuser wrote:
On February 25 2012 04:55 fabiano wrote:
On February 25 2012 02:46 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I have a goal with a website I'm in charge of. It's for a family business. I dipped in HTML back in 04 and 05, but what I want to do is currently beyond my knowledge. In otherwords, I don't know where to look to start learning what I need -- or, perhaps, who to hire.

Is anyone in this good community interested in a little web development side project, or pointing me in the right direction?

Details
+ Show Spoiler +
Currently, the horse pedigrees look like this.
[image loading]

That, my brother said, is the absolute best we can do. I know he's wrong. I'd like the pedigree like this:
[image loading]

With Tooltips Like This:
[image loading]

So, what's the best way to go about creating this? Ideally, it can work inside of our wordpress. Those mockups are my work, so graphics is not so much a problem, just the technical side of things.

Thanks guys.


That is extremely easy to achieve, especially if the content is static and you don't plan on changing that often. All you need is to read tutorials on HTML and CSS.

Basically what you have there is a table, so learn how to fancy the tables with CSS and you are ready to go.


It doesn't take that long to learn CSS. Do it right with div and position layouts, and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches later.


Cool, so search for "CSS tutorials position layouts"? Is that where I begin?


Here's a great tutorial site: http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=40

I directed you to the HTML/CSS bit, but it has all kinds of programming tutorials.
delHospital
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland261 Posts
February 25 2012 16:22 GMT
#2368
On February 26 2012 01:13 Morga wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 23 2012 04:10 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a function in c.

I'm trying to make a function that takes an array of characters (basically a string/phrase) and count how many words out of it. A "word" is defined to be a sequence of non-null, non-whitespace characters, separated from other words by whitespace.

This is what I have right now.


int words( char sentence[]{
int wrd = 0;
int i, j;

for (i = 0; sentence[i] != '\0'; i++){

if(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

while(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

i++;

}
wrd++;
}

}

return wrd;
}



right now I'm using the phrase " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?" (exactly as typed) and I get 5 words when there is only 4 (R2!, Where, are, you?. Yes they all count).

Help?


int countWords(char* word,int length)
{
int iswhitespace(char c)
{
return c==' '||c=='\t'||c=='\n';

}

enum state{WHITE,NONWHITE};
int count = 1;
int i ;
int state = WHITE;
for(i = 0 ; i < length; i ++)
{
char current = word[i];
int white = iswhitespace(current);
switch(state)
{
case NONWHITE:
if(white)
{
state = WHITE;
count++;
break;
}else
{break;}
case WHITE:
if(white)
{
break;
}
else
{
state = NONWHITE;
break;
}
}
}
return count ;}




Havent written c in quite a while but this seems to compile and work ( also you can easily add whitespace characters).

Note that this will work only in GCC. F.e. there are no closures in C89/99 ;P
Morga
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium35 Posts
February 25 2012 16:30 GMT
#2369

Note that this will work only in GCC. F.e. there are no closures in C89/99 ;P

Really :p, had no idea ( I just installed dev c++ real quick to have a c compiler ). Which part will break ( I presume the function in the function :D ) , fixing the problem can't be that hard anyway ?
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
February 25 2012 18:07 GMT
#2370
On February 26 2012 01:30 Morga wrote:
Show nested quote +

Note that this will work only in GCC. F.e. there are no closures in C89/99 ;P

Really :p, had no idea ( I just installed dev c++ real quick to have a c compiler ). Which part will break ( I presume the function in the function :D ) , fixing the problem can't be that hard anyway ?

Go install Visual Studio Express!
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
February 25 2012 18:14 GMT
#2371
Hey guys, I've got a question about OS programming. I don't know if any of you have experience with operating system level implementation, but I'm essentially writing my own toy UNIX OS as a part of my thesis (I'm a grad student). Essentially I'm stuck implementing the execv() system call that will allow users to run programs from the cmd prompt.

Before I post an assload of code and ask for help, I'm just probing to see if there is anyone who has experience in OS programming that might be able to help out.
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
Morga
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium35 Posts
February 25 2012 21:18 GMT
#2372
On February 26 2012 03:07 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 01:30 Morga wrote:

Note that this will work only in GCC. F.e. there are no closures in C89/99 ;P

Really :p, had no idea ( I just installed dev c++ real quick to have a c compiler ). Which part will break ( I presume the function in the function :D ) , fixing the problem can't be that hard anyway ?

Go install Visual Studio Express!

We used to have dreamspark but this semester I found out our school doesn't support it anymore
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
February 25 2012 22:42 GMT
#2373
On February 25 2012 22:49 MisterD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 20:31 Frigo wrote:
Anyone has any idea why can't Eclipse use SVN properly with linked folders (via Subclipse)? At work we use Eclipse with ClearCase and an open source ClearCase plugin and we have no problem with version control & linked folders. Unavailability of integrated version control is way too much of a loss.


Maybe give subversive a try instead of subclipse. No guarantees though, i don't even know what linked folders in svn are ^^ but subversive always works better than subclipse in my experience.


Tried Subversive a while ago, had problems with it, I prefer Subclipse. Tho I might check if it handles linked folders right.

Linked folders are folders not present in the project directory, created via New Folder / Advanced / Link to alternate location (Linked folder). They can point to a directory in your file system, or to a project variable. The latter can be used for relative paths, so with them it is possible to have the project file in a separate subdirectory of the svn repository.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 09:07:13
February 27 2012 09:05 GMT
#2374
soo i'm a 1st year cs student, and i just finished a simple (at least to you guys) project of creating conway's game of life simulation. this is our first ever "real" programming assignment and omg it feels good finally finishing it! even though it's probably the most inefficient way of doing it and it only took maybe a couple of hours, i did it nonetheless yay!

honestly, i've never felt this excited from completing an assignment possibly due to the fact that i've never spent more than 10min of completing each individual assignment. now there's this fire inside of me who wants to do the challenging (similar) exercises at the end of each chapter of our textbook!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
February 27 2012 09:29 GMT
#2375
To OP, also C is more fun language than C++
Abductedonut
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 09:58:08
February 27 2012 09:33 GMT
#2376
On February 23 2012 04:10 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a function in c.

I'm trying to make a function that takes an array of characters (basically a string/phrase) and count how many words out of it. A "word" is defined to be a sequence of non-null, non-whitespace characters, separated from other words by whitespace.

This is what I have right now.


int words( char sentence[]){
int wrd = 0;
int i, j;

for (i = 0; sentence[i] != '\0'; i++){

if(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

while(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

i++;

}
wrd++;
}

}

return wrd;
}



right now I'm using the phrase " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?" (exactly as typed) and I get 5 words when there is only 4 (R2!, Where, are, you?. Yes they all count).

Help?



Hihihi! I'm just a lowly programmer noob who can't even get a date with a girl I like, but perhaps I can make this less of a headache for you!


#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
char kitten[] = "The \n \n quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, but only if it's sunday. evening";
// char kitten[] = " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?";
printf("Our Sentence is: %s \n",kitten);

char* split = strtok(kitten," ,. ");

while( split != NULL )
{
if ( isspace(split[0]) )
{
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
continue;
}

printf("Splitting: %s \n",split);
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
}

system("PAUSE");
return 0;
}


Remember to say thanks if someone is helpful!

Now... if you could help me get that girl, we'd be even

*edit* I realize you might need JUST a function instead of an idea... here you go..
+ Show Spoiler +


int words( char sentence[] )
{
int count = 0;
char* split = strtok(sentence," ,.");

while( split != NULL )
{
if ( isspace(split[0]) )
{
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
continue;
}

count++;
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
}

return count;
}

cyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States9 Posts
February 27 2012 10:04 GMT
#2377
On February 27 2012 18:33 Abductedonut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2012 04:10 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a function in c.

I'm trying to make a function that takes an array of characters (basically a string/phrase) and count how many words out of it. A "word" is defined to be a sequence of non-null, non-whitespace characters, separated from other words by whitespace.

This is what I have right now.


int words( char sentence[]){
int wrd = 0;
int i, j;

for (i = 0; sentence[i] != '\0'; i++){

if(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

while(sentence[i] != '\t' && sentence[i] != ' ' && sentence[i] != '\n' && sentence[i] != '\0'){

i++;

}
wrd++;
}

}

return wrd;
}



right now I'm using the phrase " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?" (exactly as typed) and I get 5 words when there is only 4 (R2!, Where, are, you?. Yes they all count).

Help?



Hihihi! I'm just a lowly programmer noob who can't even get a date with a girl I like, but perhaps I can make this less of a headache for you!


#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
char kitten[] = "The \n \n quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, but only if it's sunday. evening";
// char kitten[] = " R2! \t\t Where \n\n are you?";
printf("Our Sentence is: %s \n",kitten);

char* split = strtok(kitten," ,. ");

while( split != NULL )
{
if ( isspace(split[0]) )
{
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
continue;
}

printf("Splitting: %s \n",split);
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
}

system("PAUSE");
return 0;
}


Remember to say thanks if someone is helpful!

Now... if you could help me get that girl, we'd be even

*edit* I realize you might need JUST a function instead of an idea... here you go..
+ Show Spoiler +


int words( char sentence[] )
{
int count = 0;
char* split = strtok(sentence," ,.");

while( split != NULL )
{
if ( isspace(split[0] )
{
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
continue;
}

count++;
split = strtok(NULL," ,.");
}

return count;
}



If you want to understand what's wrong with your original function, take a close look at what happens when the loop approaches the end of the string. Discovering it yourself would be great debugging experience, but you can also peek below.

+ Show Spoiler +
Since i is incremented inside the while loop, when you re-enter the for loop, it is incremented again. When the while loop places i at the '\0' character, the for loop makes i index to the next memory location after the '\0', which could be anything. This is why an iterator should usually not be tweaked within a loop's execution unless absolutely necessary (almost never).
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
February 27 2012 14:33 GMT
#2378
On February 27 2012 18:05 billy5000 wrote:
soo i'm a 1st year cs student, and i just finished a simple (at least to you guys) project of creating conway's game of life simulation. this is our first ever "real" programming assignment and omg it feels good finally finishing it! even though it's probably the most inefficient way of doing it and it only took maybe a couple of hours, i did it nonetheless yay!

honestly, i've never felt this excited from completing an assignment possibly due to the fact that i've never spent more than 10min of completing each individual assignment. now there's this fire inside of me who wants to do the challenging (similar) exercises at the end of each chapter of our textbook!
game of life is still one of my favorite things :D
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
February 27 2012 16:10 GMT
#2379
On February 26 2012 03:14 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a question about OS programming. I don't know if any of you have experience with operating system level implementation, but I'm essentially writing my own toy UNIX OS as a part of my thesis (I'm a grad student). Essentially I'm stuck implementing the execv() system call that will allow users to run programs from the cmd prompt.

Before I post an assload of code and ask for help, I'm just probing to see if there is anyone who has experience in OS programming that might be able to help out.

I can't say I've done a lot of OS level coding, but I have 7.5 ECTS credits on the subject, and have coded quite a bit of low-level C coding, so maybe I can be of some assistance.
heroyi
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 04:30:11
February 28 2012 04:29 GMT
#2380
I was wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down (just a general idea) of how one is able to reverse engineer a software (or how to be able to see the coding to it). I am interested in hacking NOT cracking.

do you just use some sort of decompiler and from the result do you just go and play around with the coding? Or is it more of you looking at the code and trying to find holes that you can try to exploit?

i am still new to the whole programming world. I am an aspiring programmer xD
sry for my noobines

edit: I am currently learning c++ and lets assume the program I am trying to hack uses C or C++
wat wat in my pants
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 1032 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 797
Soulkey 313
Larva 237
Soma 206
Zeus 93
Mind 69
ZerO 64
Mini 48
Sexy 32
soO 28
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe6
League of Legends
JimRising 528
Counter-Strike
edward300
Other Games
gofns13964
singsing1626
Coldzera 727
WinterStarcraft581
Sick189
Pyrionflax76
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV242
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Jankos2578
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.