• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8770 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
March 17 2010 23:27 GMT
#61
off the top of my head I'll have 73 after this semester's over.
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
March 17 2010 23:54 GMT
#62
Living in San Jose, applied to west coastish schools.

UCs
UCB - Waiting...(probably denied)
UCD - Waiting
UCSD - Denied (I heard they used some ridiculous point based system to determine whether or not you got in)
UCSB - Waiting

Da rest (all of them are pretty averageish schools, so not really surprising I was accepted into most)
UofArizona - Accepted
Central WA Univ - Accepted
Whitworth Univ - Accepted
St. Mary's Coll - Accepted
Occidental Coll - Waiting (probably denied since I didn't really try on the application)
SDSU - Accepted

Reason for strange selection of schools is that I'm majoring in technical theatre + looking for decentish liberal arts schools.

GPA: 3.7 Weighted
SAT/ACT: 1930/33
Extracurricular: Theatre...and pretty much only theatre lol
Not much, but I hope my essays can be my saving merits for the UCs. I wrote about how I was originally planning to do the whole generic Asian route of studying science or whatever but then was introduced to theatre my junior year and fell in love with it. I've been one of the hardest working techies in our schools theatre program since the day I started D:
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
March 18 2010 00:05 GMT
#63
On March 18 2010 08:54 Humbug wrote:
Living in San Jose, applied to west coastish schools.

UCs
UCB - Waiting...(probably denied)
UCD - Waiting
UCSD - Denied (I heard they used some ridiculous point based system to determine whether or not you got in)
UCSB - Waiting

Da rest (all of them are pretty averageish schools, so not really surprising I was accepted into most)
UofArizona - Accepted
Central WA Univ - Accepted
Whitworth Univ - Accepted
St. Mary's Coll - Accepted
Occidental Coll - Waiting (probably denied since I didn't really try on the application)
SDSU - Accepted

Reason for strange selection of schools is that I'm majoring in technical theatre + looking for decentish liberal arts schools.

GPA: 3.7 Weighted
SAT/ACT: 1930/33
Extracurricular: Theatre...and pretty much only theatre lol
Not much, but I hope my essays can be my saving merits for the UCs. I wrote about how I was originally planning to do the whole generic Asian route of studying science or whatever but then was introduced to theatre my junior year and fell in love with it. I've been one of the hardest working techies in our schools theatre program since the day I started D:


A. why central WA just curious? Also how the heck have u heard of whitworth? Thats the smaller college from my hometown and am always curious how people find out about it.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
March 18 2010 00:09 GMT
#64
CWU has a B.F.A. in technical theatre, and I heard of Whitworth from my college counselor. Anything I should know about either of those two colleges? :O
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
March 18 2010 00:10 GMT
#65
Is Chen's GPA throughout the entire year, or just Senior/Junior year, or what?
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
March 18 2010 00:13 GMT
#66
Someone come to Case so we can buff up our starcraft (next year it'll be SC2!) lineup
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and I hope everything goes well.
Definitely a stressful time.
Deux
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States159 Posts
March 18 2010 00:16 GMT
#67
Being from the Illinois I only applied to schools in the region.

~5.3 weighted (we have a strange scale
~3.65 unweighted
33 ACT Composite, 36 Reading, 35 Math, 35 Science, 29-30 English
~2K SAT (no idea why I took it)
Extracurricular: 2 clubs, one with leadership + NHS + a fair amount of volunteer work
Full time job over the summer

University of Iowa - Accepted
Purdue University - Accepted
University of Illinois - Accepted
Computer engineering at all 3

99% sure I'm headed to Illinois in the fall, a top 5 engineering school in-state in kinda a no brainer.

GL to everyone still waiting
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 00:36:54
March 18 2010 00:31 GMT
#68
On March 17 2010 23:49 Fontong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 23:32 superbabosheki wrote:
UCI: Accepted
UCSD : DENIED
UCLA : DENIED
UCR : ACCEPTED
CALSTATEFULLERTON: ACCEPTED
UC:BERKELY: WAITING, but probably DENIED

4.1 - 4.2 weighted
2050 SAT
790 math, 670 writing, 590 reading = 2050 SAT
780 math II
640 U.S :[
0 club with leaderships
1 job
1 major community service, 100hours or so of others combined
0 internships
marching band for a year?

Chen raped me.

Oh man I feel bad for you

I got accepted UCSD 2 years ago with like 4.1 GPA, 1990 SAT, 710 MATH 2, 790 Bio, zero community service, but a bunch of sports/music.


Luckily my goal was Irvine, I have no interest in SD because I am a failure at all science related courses, and UCLA seemed a bit far fetched for my resume. The average GPA for UCSD applicants this year was 4.04 according to my rejection letter, and I think it was about 3000 acceptances to 48000 applicants.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-28 22:37:53
March 18 2010 00:39 GMT
#69
Most of the my friends who applied to UCSD for engineering/science got rejected
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
JChen
Profile Joined July 2009
United States48 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-31 18:00:49
March 18 2010 00:40 GMT
#70
Also from Illinois.

4.5-4.6 GPA (our scale is pretty IMBA) 3.4-3.5 GPA unweighted
IB Diploma program. HL Math A2Lit Biology French SL Physics History
AP: Taken and "passed" BC calc, AB clac, AP eng/cop, APUS, AP Euro. Going to take: Lit, Physics B, Biology.
30 ACT composite
Extracurriculars: 5-7ish clubs. Section Leader: Marching band, Orchestra, Concert band. Lots of volunteering. NHS. Internship with Northwestern Medical. Lots of church work.

U of Illinois-accepted
Casewestern-accepted
Ohio State- accepted
UMich-accepted
Oxford fo Emory-Accepted
Calvin- accepted
UChicago-nope
WashU-Waitlisted
Grinnell-accepted
Northwestenrn-nope
Emory-nope
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
March 18 2010 00:45 GMT
#71
Come to Caltechhhhhhh
+ Show Spoiler +
But only if you are B- and up!+ Show Spoiler +
Just kidding, come even if you aren't!
DikFore
Profile Joined January 2010
United States33 Posts
March 18 2010 00:46 GMT
#72
Come to UVA! Go Hoos!
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 00:58:31
March 18 2010 00:51 GMT
#73
Eh, I feel bad thatthis is going to sound like I'm bragging....which I guess it is to an extent

Undergrad- applied for engineering
Georgia Tech: Accepted in early decision
Virginia Tech: Hwaiting (I assume I'm getting accepted though)
MIT: waitlisted (deferred from early decision, then waitlisted)

4.480 weighted GPA (my school has A+ on the scale so it's slightly inflated more than other schools with a 4.0 scale)
Class rank: 1/332
2180 SAT (math 790)
790 math II
760 chemistry
740 U.S. history
4 AP exams already taken- 5s on World History, U.S. History, Calc BC, and Chemistry
4 APs my senior year (AP physics is my math/science one; I'm also in multivariable)
athletics: did cross country all 4 years (captain senior year), soccer 1 year, track 3 years
clubs- I have plenty of clubs, but in reality the clubs didn't really do anything; looks good enough on application though
competition clubs- Academic team 3 years (captain junior and senior year)
community service- not much; minimal amounts
0 jobs
0 club leadership

I was a bit bummed about MIT; I expected to get waitlisted, but I was more bummed when someone else from my school got in (who is a good student yes, but MIT strikes me as little more than taking "good" student).

I'd say it's about 98% Georgia Tech for me.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
March 18 2010 01:06 GMT
#74
University of Kentucky- Accepted
University of Louisville- Accepted
Saint Louis University- Accepted
Southern Illinois University- Accepted
University of Miami- Accepted
Syracuse University- Accepted
Emory University- Waiting
Rice University- Waiting

YAY, I'm probably going to end up going instate though, too expensive even though my EFC was 0 on my FAFSA ><
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 01:14:16
March 18 2010 01:13 GMT
#75
On March 18 2010 09:51 N.geNuity wrote:
Eh, I feel bad thatthis is going to sound like I'm bragging....which I guess it is to an extent

Undergrad- applied for engineering
Georgia Tech: Accepted in early decision
Virginia Tech: Hwaiting (I assume I'm getting accepted though)
MIT: waitlisted (deferred from early decision, then waitlisted)

4.480 weighted GPA (my school has A+ on the scale so it's slightly inflated more than other schools with a 4.0 scale)
Class rank: 1/332
2180 SAT (math 790)
790 math II
760 chemistry
740 U.S. history
4 AP exams already taken- 5s on World History, U.S. History, Calc BC, and Chemistry
4 APs my senior year (AP physics is my math/science one; I'm also in multivariable)
athletics: did cross country all 4 years (captain senior year), soccer 1 year, track 3 years
clubs- I have plenty of clubs, but in reality the clubs didn't really do anything; looks good enough on application though
competition clubs- Academic team 3 years (captain junior and senior year)
community service- not much; minimal amounts
0 jobs
0 club leadership

I was a bit bummed about MIT; I expected to get waitlisted, but I was more bummed when someone else from my school got in (who is a good student yes, but MIT strikes me as little more than taking "good" student).

I'd say it's about 98% Georgia Tech for me.

GT's not a bad settle. Are you from in state? Cause if you are, the Hope scholarship is sick for public schools in Georgia. If not, GT's school a great school nonetheless, just a tad more expensive.

PS: Fuck Emory. Hope is useless for private schools, and Emory's financial aid blows.
God Bless
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 01:20:51
March 18 2010 01:19 GMT
#76
Ha, GT isn't a settle at all . It was the very first school I looked at and applied to.

I'm out of state, but I applied for nuclear engineering and that can get out-of-state tuition waved since the major is so rare and no schools in my state offer it.

But even if I don't stick with nuclear engineering, GT is a fantastic engineering school. Money isn't really an issue for my family.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 01:24:04
March 18 2010 01:23 GMT
#77
Undergrad - Psychology (BS)
University of Texas at Austin - Accepted
Liberal Arts Honors Program - Accepted

3.6 GPA (unweighted pretty sure)
Top 10% of class
1940 SAT
630 Critical Reading
720 Math
590 Writing

Yeah, only applied to one school haha. Applying is pretty expensive. Plus my girlfriend is already going there and I get automatic acceptance by being top 10% in-state. FAFSA isn't giving me anything, so that kinda sucks. Gotta hit up some more scholarships.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
March 18 2010 01:26 GMT
#78
On March 18 2010 10:19 N.geNuity wrote:
Ha, GT isn't a settle at all . It was the very first school I looked at and applied to.

I'm out of state, but I applied for nuclear engineering and that can get out-of-state tuition waved since the major is so rare and no schools in my state offer it.

But even if I don't stick with nuclear engineering, GT is a fantastic engineering school. Money isn't really an issue for my family.



PM me when you get in, it's always nice to meet another TLer
Free Palestine
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 01:29:24
March 18 2010 01:28 GMT
#79
>.>
All my colleges release on the first of April. Freaking April Fool's day.

That's going to suck pretty hard

+ Show Spoiler +
Why didn't I apply to more than just ivies/ivy-equivalents and one instate school...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 01:29:10
March 18 2010 01:28 GMT
#80
On March 18 2010 10:19 N.geNuity wrote:
Ha, GT isn't a settle at all . It was the very first school I looked at and applied to.

I'm out of state, but I applied for nuclear engineering and that can get out-of-state tuition waved since the major is so rare and no schools in my state offer it.

But even if I don't stick with nuclear engineering, GT is a fantastic engineering school. Money isn't really an issue for my family.

Great school. You'll enjoy it there. Took a few classes over at Tech during my senior year of High School and have visited friends there on numerous occasions. Atmosphere is great and it's hella good for Engineering. You better get to love your Tech sports and the Ramblin Wreck. Good stuff. =D

Although I have heard from numerous people that Tech is quite hard. Pretty high dropout rate as well. But it's to be expected.
God Bless
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 224
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
IndyStarCraft 224
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27242
Mini 445
Hyuk 263
firebathero 185
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 74
Mong 49
Hyun 42
Killer 29
PianO 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Rock 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9688
qojqva1666
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1306
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu629
Other Games
Grubby2422
FrodaN2092
fl0m1150
Beastyqt763
Mlord369
Livibee162
KnowMe153
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• printf 46
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7587
Other Games
• imaqtpie578
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV225
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 23m
INu's Battles
18h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 23m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.