• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8727 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
Jadix
Profile Joined September 2004
United States134 Posts
June 09 2010 23:31 GMT
#521
HIGHLY recommend UCSB to anybody who is considering.
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
June 14 2010 20:32 GMT
#522
On June 09 2010 15:42 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 10:00 hejakev wrote:
On June 04 2010 09:50 Chen wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:58 thunk wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.

lol this is actually true, which i personally find funny.
im going back to china this summer and all my relatives there are like OMFGWTF BERKELEY?!?!?! when i tell them that i got rejected from all the ivies they are like huh? there are schools not named harvard that are better than berkeley? no way...
its really really amusing how little the rest of the world knows about us. although it works quite well in reverse too...


Berkeley is a really great school, but you're right, there are a lot of schools that are on the same level as Berkeley but are probably easier to get into. For many big schools, it has become more or a popularity contest. Take USC for example...

hmm?


There are easier schools to get into than USC with equally credible reputations. Of course, it depends on what his major is.
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
June 14 2010 21:39 GMT
#523
On June 09 2010 15:42 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 10:00 hejakev wrote:
On June 04 2010 09:50 Chen wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:58 thunk wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.

lol this is actually true, which i personally find funny.
im going back to china this summer and all my relatives there are like OMFGWTF BERKELEY?!?!?! when i tell them that i got rejected from all the ivies they are like huh? there are schools not named harvard that are better than berkeley? no way...
its really really amusing how little the rest of the world knows about us. although it works quite well in reverse too...


Berkeley is a really great school, but you're right, there are a lot of schools that are on the same level as Berkeley but are probably easier to get into. For many big schools, it has become more or a popularity contest. Take USC for example...

hmm?


And more people apply to USC than almost any other school in the nation. It's extremely popular and therefore very hard to get in to, which I'm sure you're perfectly aware of. I would guess luck had nothing to do with your acceptance
molamann
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9 Posts
June 16 2010 08:30 GMT
#524
Got out of the USAF last year and currently awaiting SGR(Spring Grade Request) at USC as a transfer student.
Deadlyhazard
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1177 Posts
June 16 2010 15:32 GMT
#525
This thread makes me feel bad. I graduated high school with a 2.1 GPA and no job. FUUUU.
Hark!
win8282
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)454 Posts
June 16 2010 15:55 GMT
#526
On March 18 2010 15:05 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
I dont think both of you are actually qualified to talk about it. Unless someone here is currently trying to apply for both korean and american universities its hard to say. Im pretty sure a lot has changed while your parents were in college oneother. I lived in korea and have went to korean public schools and have friends who are in 12th grade right now studying for the 수능 and even i feel im not qualified to talk about it.


Just got super bored from studying my linear algebra (which I will be taking in 8 hours ) and will comment briefly on this overdated post (lol, I'm such a bad procastrinator).

I've applied to both worlds, got raped in the U.S. admissions (ivies, uchicago, et al) but got into Yonsei and Sogang univ (best private univ and 3rd best private univ respectively).

But this doesn't mean US schools are harder to get in general, but for a non-u.s. citizen who asks for full financial aid (like I did), it is much harder (from a holistic point of view) to get into ives than into korean univs. Obviously the issue is different for american citizens, since they don't face such discrimination in admissions.

I admit though, it's hard to really compare U.S. and Korean admissions. One evaluates applications "holistically", the other by pure academic scores. So it doesnt mean a guy who got into harvard can get into Yonsei or vice versa.
Happy.fairytail
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States327 Posts
June 16 2010 16:00 GMT
#527
Damn, is it me or does college apps get harder each year? I'm looking at ya'lls SAT and GPAs, and I can't help but think to myself there's no way I would've gotten into the colleges I did now, if you guys got rejected by them...

Like this guy .. would've gotten into all his rejected schools (except maybe Duke) no problem when I applied (2001):
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 06 2010 20:27 MuffinDude wrote:
Man I feel so unqualified.

Rejections from: Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Northwestern.

Late Rejection (waitlist): Rice

Accepted: ALL THE MOTHA FUCKING UCs!!! WHOO~ PUBLIC SCHOOLS LOVE ME!!!
I wanted to go to Rice =(.

UC GPA 4.2 (No freshman year or 1st semester senior year, and only 8 semesters of AP/honor class count towards weighted GPA)
Total weighted GPA: 4.22 (This includes freshman year, 1st semester senior year, and no weighted cap)
SAT I: 2130. Reading 680. Math 790. Writing 660. <- English is my worst subject at school =(.
SAT 2: MATH 800, JAPANESE 800


This guy too:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2010 07:42 Wineandbread wrote:
Aight, here's the final tally:

2100 SAT (fuck you SAT)
750 on Math II and Chemistry; 720 on World History
4.62 weighted GPA, weighted class rank 6
Buncha 5s on AP tests, except 4s in Physics Mechanics and World History
Good bit of extracurriculars: Orchestra, Track, NHS, SHF, etc.

Accepted:

Carnegie Mellon University
University of Virginia
University of Maryland: College Park (University Honors, Dean's Scholarship)
University of Michigan
Georgia Tech

Waitlisted:

Rice University

Rejected:

Duke University
UC Berkeley
Johns Hopkins University



Ya'll are overqualified in my eyes...
Elec
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada136 Posts
June 26 2010 14:23 GMT
#528
McMaster Engineering I
just got my marks yesterday dodged a bullet on the last exam xD
Yellow Shinny VW beetle with # plate R3AV3R
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
June 26 2010 16:52 GMT
#529
Macquarie Uni, Sydney. Arts-Psychology degree.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Satallgeese
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States239 Posts
June 27 2010 06:33 GMT
#530
I'm actually a wee bit concerned about my acceptance...
So, yeah, I'm a bit late on joining this thread, but whatever. Anyways, I applied to UCSD and RPI mainly for admittance, the other schools I applied to were mainly for the parents.
The University of California application doesn't accept transcripts from out of state, which is weird, so I had to put in my own grades, and of course, I did a bit of... exaggerating, to say the least. Let me put it this way. I do not, in fact, have straight A's. Regardless, they accepted me, and as my school year ended, they actually requested my final transcript. Yeah.... Shit..... Will they reject me if they find out that I exaggerated on my grades? Or does it not really matter at this point, as I've already deposited large sums of money for housing and general contracts?

Also, I got waitlisted at RPI. My dad's an alumnus though, so I'm not terribly concerned.
A good player practices until he gets it right. A great player practices until he can't get it wrong.
onihunter
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States515 Posts
June 27 2010 06:42 GMT
#531
Pretty sure bad shit will happen because you "exaggerated" your grades =/; I've heard bad stories about similar things. All you can do is cross your fingers.
jaedong forever~
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
June 27 2010 06:48 GMT
#532
On June 27 2010 15:33 Satallgeese wrote:
I'm actually a wee bit concerned about my acceptance...
So, yeah, I'm a bit late on joining this thread, but whatever. Anyways, I applied to UCSD and RPI mainly for admittance, the other schools I applied to were mainly for the parents.
The University of California application doesn't accept transcripts from out of state, which is weird, so I had to put in my own grades, and of course, I did a bit of... exaggerating, to say the least. Let me put it this way. I do not, in fact, have straight A's. Regardless, they accepted me, and as my school year ended, they actually requested my final transcript. Yeah.... Shit..... Will they reject me if they find out that I exaggerated on my grades? Or does it not really matter at this point, as I've already deposited large sums of money for housing and general contracts?

Also, I got waitlisted at RPI. My dad's an alumnus though, so I'm not terribly concerned.

Uh, that is a really stupid thing to do to be honest lol. I'd say good luck but I don't really want to because you kind of deserve it
KsBerzerk
Profile Joined July 2009
Japan105 Posts
June 27 2010 06:58 GMT
#533
On March 17 2010 23:32 superbabosheki wrote:
UCI: Accepted
UCSD : DENIED
UCLA : DENIED
UCR : ACCEPTED
CALSTATEFULLERTON: ACCEPTED
UC:BERKELY: WAITING, but probably DENIED

4.1 - 4.2 weighted
2050 SAT
790 math, 670 writing, 590 reading = 2050 SAT
780 math II
640 U.S :[
0 club with leaderships
1 job
1 major community service, 100hours or so of others combined
0 internships
marching band for a year?

Chen raped me.


oh you applied to csuf? if you did then you live near that area? I have to commute to csuf cuz any other school is too expensive for me. >< but yea berkely accepts weird ppl sometimes like my friend didn't do well in school and sat's but he wrote a very "unique" essay and they accepted him..
ikbreek
Profile Joined May 2010
Belarus3 Posts
June 27 2010 08:35 GMT
#534
LOL @ all you 16 year old kids thinking you're smart. USA's education has allways been terrible, your grades don't mean shit.

your 6 years @ highschool = first 2 years of mine

User was banned for this post.
moon`
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States372 Posts
June 27 2010 09:12 GMT
#535
On June 27 2010 17:35 ikbreek wrote:
LOL @ all you 16 year old kids thinking you're smart. USA's education has allways been terrible, your grades don't mean shit.

your 6 years @ highschool = first 2 years of mine


Nice first post. Trolling your way through the internet is not equivalent to being educated. Keep stroking your ego and we'll see how far you end up in life.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like pandabearguy.
ikbreek
Profile Joined May 2010
Belarus3 Posts
June 27 2010 09:34 GMT
#536
On June 27 2010 18:12 moon` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2010 17:35 ikbreek wrote:
LOL @ all you 16 year old kids thinking you're smart. USA's education has allways been terrible, your grades don't mean shit.

your 6 years @ highschool = first 2 years of mine


Nice first post. Trolling your way through the internet is not equivalent to being educated. Keep stroking your ego and we'll see how far you end up in life.


Ye we'll see lol. I'm already way ahead of you mate, does university ring any bells?
+4.0 avg @ university is worth alot more than 300 post @ TL.net
Devski
Profile Joined April 2010
United States25 Posts
June 27 2010 10:04 GMT
#537
LOL @ all you 16 year old kids thinking you're smart. USA's education has allways been terrible, your grades don't mean shit.

your 6 years @ highschool = first 2 years of mine


wtf is your problem. stop fucking thinking your better than every one. and the US has great universities are you high?
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-27 10:18:32
June 27 2010 10:15 GMT
#538
nvm.
ikbreek
Profile Joined May 2010
Belarus3 Posts
June 27 2010 10:18 GMT
#539
On June 27 2010 19:04 Devski wrote:
Show nested quote +
LOL @ all you 16 year old kids thinking you're smart. USA's education has allways been terrible, your grades don't mean shit.

your 6 years @ highschool = first 2 years of mine


wtf is your problem. stop fucking thinking your better than every one. and the US has great universities are you high?


I dont think im better than everyone else, just 99% of the people on this forum. Sure USA has great universities, you only need to drop 100k per year (ROFL) vs 5k per year in Europe for the exact same quality.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
June 27 2010 22:29 GMT
#540
On June 17 2010 01:00 Happy.fairytail wrote:
Damn, is it me or does college apps get harder each year? I'm looking at ya'lls SAT and GPAs, and I can't help but think to myself there's no way I would've gotten into the colleges I did now, if you guys got rejected by them...

Like this guy .. would've gotten into all his rejected schools (except maybe Duke) no problem when I applied (2001):
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 06 2010 20:27 MuffinDude wrote:
Man I feel so unqualified.

Rejections from: Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Northwestern.

Late Rejection (waitlist): Rice

Accepted: ALL THE MOTHA FUCKING UCs!!! WHOO~ PUBLIC SCHOOLS LOVE ME!!!
I wanted to go to Rice =(.

UC GPA 4.2 (No freshman year or 1st semester senior year, and only 8 semesters of AP/honor class count towards weighted GPA)
Total weighted GPA: 4.22 (This includes freshman year, 1st semester senior year, and no weighted cap)
SAT I: 2130. Reading 680. Math 790. Writing 660. <- English is my worst subject at school =(.
SAT 2: MATH 800, JAPANESE 800


This guy too:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2010 07:42 Wineandbread wrote:
Aight, here's the final tally:

2100 SAT (fuck you SAT)
750 on Math II and Chemistry; 720 on World History
4.62 weighted GPA, weighted class rank 6
Buncha 5s on AP tests, except 4s in Physics Mechanics and World History
Good bit of extracurriculars: Orchestra, Track, NHS, SHF, etc.

Accepted:

Carnegie Mellon University
University of Virginia
University of Maryland: College Park (University Honors, Dean's Scholarship)
University of Michigan
Georgia Tech

Waitlisted:

Rice University

Rejected:

Duke University
UC Berkeley
Johns Hopkins University



Ya'll are overqualified in my eyes...

I think more people have learned how to work the system and universities realize that, so they're putting greater emphasis on things like essays and interviews.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 224
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
IndyStarCraft 224
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27242
Mini 445
Hyuk 263
firebathero 185
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 74
Mong 49
Hyun 42
Killer 29
PianO 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Rock 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9688
qojqva1666
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1306
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu629
Other Games
Grubby2422
FrodaN2092
fl0m1150
Beastyqt763
Mlord369
Livibee162
KnowMe153
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• printf 46
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7587
Other Games
• imaqtpie578
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV225
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 23m
INu's Battles
18h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 23m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.