• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:33
CEST 20:33
KST 03:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9270 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 25

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
Stopdroproll
Profile Joined March 2010
United States101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 19:05:24
May 09 2010 19:03 GMT
#481
Wow some of you guys are really really smart, how do you do it? I know some people who are just smart, and some who just have good work ethics. I was really smart as a kid and I kind of just plateaued as I got older. Maybe I should start playing with Lego's and putting together jigsaw puzzles again...
But at what cost?
Longitude57
Profile Joined May 2009
United States26 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 19:10:31
May 09 2010 19:10 GMT
#482
Trying to decide between staying near home and going to UC Irvine or going to Purdue University

Edit: looking at engineering
Speak as clearly as you can
TS-Rupbar
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden1089 Posts
May 09 2010 19:25 GMT
#483
Doing communication studies at University of Vermont. If any of you guys go there, let's meet up some time, as I'll be a lonely exchange student over there. Arriving sometime around 24th August. I'm a cool person, I promise!
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
May 09 2010 19:46 GMT
#484
On May 10 2010 01:11 Issorlol wrote:
Having read through this thread, I know there are a few people at College Park, but is anyone at UMBC? Want to know whether or not I'm the only TL.netter here.


Someone contacted me about starting up a CSL team at UMBC, not sure if he has a TL id though. If he does, it'll probably be this: msjx2000
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
May 10 2010 02:32 GMT
#485
On April 20 2010 16:53 spkim1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 19:55 abomi.nation wrote:
(Canadian Universities)

As of now, accepted: McGill, UofT, UBC

Waiting: Queens, Waterloo


UBC FTW definitely. Strongly recommend. Beautiful campus, close to downtown, and just by the beaches !! Queens and Waterloo slightly fall in relative world ranking. I've heard UofT has bad reputation for undergrad student services. McGill is good too!


Anyone going to college this year or the next, come to UBC! We could use some more SC players. Maybe if I was in applied science/comp sci faculty I would find more SC players haha.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 18:56:48
May 10 2010 02:35 GMT
#486
Asdf
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
May 10 2010 02:35 GMT
#487
[QUOTE]On May 10 2010 11:35 Dknight wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 10 2010 04:25 TS-Rupbar wrote:
Doing communication studies at University of Vermont. If any of you guys go there, let's meet up some time, as I'll be a lonely exchange student over there. Arriving sometime around 24th August. I'm a cool person, I promise![/QUOTE]

While I don't go to UVM, I do visit the campus about twice a year. I'll be up in Burlington during the fall visiting! I (along with friends) always go to away games in Hockey East for UMass Lowell. So if you like hockey, beer, and fun times, I'll hit you up the next time we go.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
kuronosuke
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9 Posts
May 10 2010 03:41 GMT
#488
Heading to Georgetown University, planning to major in Japanese and possibly Computer Science, with a possible minor in Korean.

yes, i know, a lot of possibilities. :/
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
May 10 2010 14:58 GMT
#489
My only advice to you guys would be to go to a cheaper school or a school where you get a scholarship from.

Taking on a load of debt, unless you can get your parents to pay for it, isn't worth it compared to most state schools or schools you can get a scholarship at. Unless you plan on applying to a top professional school, in which case you may have some money issues regardless, it's just not worth the expense because you'll be paying off A LOT of debt well into your late 20s.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
May 10 2010 22:49 GMT
#490
I thought I would ask this here since it's a pretty simple question and somewhat relevant.

The apartment rents during summer around college is cheaper because many move out right? Would it be cheap until the year begins? Do they make you sign long contracts for the cheap price? I'm thinking about moving to San Diego some time before the term starts for maybe about a month.
Stuck.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
May 12 2010 02:36 GMT
#491
I've found the price remains the same throughout the year but then again, I do live in a rebounding industrial city of about 100,000 plus. Plenty of college kids live in apartments here throughout the year and I've found the better apartments/landlords will make you sign a year lease. I recommend it since it protects you as well as them.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
May 12 2010 05:02 GMT
#492
On April 03 2010 02:46 Wala.Revolution wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2010 01:57 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On April 03 2010 01:43 Wala.Revolution wrote:
On April 03 2010 01:31 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On April 02 2010 22:47 Klogon wrote:
Having said that, if you want to do finance, there's absolutely no better place to go than Penn. I try to say that with as little bias as possible.



NYU's program is just as good, or at least runs a close second, which is more than made up by the location and convenience IMO. Easier/more convenient internships during college =P


Do you go to NYU? I can't seem to access the housing page and I want to know if it is guaranteeed, price, etc.


Yep I'm at NYU Stern. Housing is guaranteed if you fill out all the forms/meet the deadlines/pay the fees. As for quality, I can say that freshman housing definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but startnig from year 2, the price remains the same bu the quality increases dramatically, and you would pay less than you would pay for a comparable apartment out of NYU.

NYU does carry a pretty steep price tag, but it's about on par with most private universities. Depends on your aid I guess. NYU has a reputation of being stingy, but I'm fairly satisfied with my financial aid considering my background (20k/year for a upper middle class standard suburban Asian family), but I also know a lot of people who're fairly unsatisfied with their aid. Wait and see I guess.

What school are you in? I know Stern tends to give better aid than other schools.


Arts and Sciences. I got accepted into the Global Liberal Studies Program but I am having doubts about whether this is what I want to do.

Anyone familiar with the GLSP?

Don't do it. I know a friend who rejected it saying the courses were bullshit and a friend taking it right now isn't too happy. Stick with CAS
Qwerty.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 05:09:57
May 12 2010 05:08 GMT
#493
I've been accepted to Northwestern a third time now. I'm getting in with my ability to keep my GPA above academic probation.
Cr4zyH0r5e
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Peru1308 Posts
May 12 2010 06:49 GMT
#494
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>
Diamond 4 Jungle/Support - http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyh0r5e/c/3051057 Zyra support 101
Wings
Profile Joined January 2010
United States999 Posts
May 12 2010 06:56 GMT
#495
On May 10 2010 04:10 Longitude57 wrote:
Trying to decide between staying near home and going to UC Irvine or going to Purdue University

Edit: looking at engineering

My head would say Purdue.

My heart would say UC Irvine... because personally I want to dance with Kaba Modern. But that's just me =)
The probability of Kim Carrier getting all those predictions wrong is similar to the probability Flash loses a TvT. Kim Carrier MUST BE a genius. His only big mistake... STORK.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
May 12 2010 06:58 GMT
#496
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
hydz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3 Posts
May 12 2010 07:04 GMT
#497
did anyone SIR into berkeley for next year yet?
imPERSONater
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1324 Posts
May 12 2010 07:06 GMT
#498
Everyone should come to the University of Michigan! Great campus, atmosphere and academics. Just make sure some snow and cold weather doesn't bother you (below 30 for at least 4 straight months during the year).
Fan of: IdrA, Sen, Stephano, Snute, Axlav, Hero
Ich
Profile Joined May 2010
United States12 Posts
May 12 2010 07:11 GMT
#499
Applied: CSU Chico
Accepted: CSU Chico

^_^

I got into other schools out of high school but had to go to a community college because of financial reasons.
HypnoShroom
Profile Joined April 2010
United States16 Posts
May 12 2010 07:12 GMT
#500
On May 12 2010 16:04 hydz wrote:
did anyone SIR into berkeley for next year yet?


I have. The deadline was a while ago though.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 258
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 258
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason39
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24985
Mini 426
Hyuk 183
firebathero 174
ggaemo 124
Dewaltoss 73
Mong 47
Hyun 37
ToSsGirL 21
Dota 2
Gorgc8362
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1432
crisheroes1180
Liquid`Hasu809
Other Games
Grubby3288
FrodaN2182
fl0m790
Beastyqt751
mouzStarbuck238
KnowMe221
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King56
Trikslyr50
ToD37
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick984
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 21
• 80smullet 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8833
• WagamamaTV340
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur243
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 28m
INu's Battles
17h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.