• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8727 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 26

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
yourfaceisaclock
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)12 Posts
May 12 2010 10:00 GMT
#501
On May 12 2010 16:04 hydz wrote:
did anyone SIR into berkeley for next year yet?

yes

Accepted: UCI, UCD, UCSB, UCSD, UC Berkeley
Waitlisted: GWU [didn't wait]
Rejected: UCLA, USC

Maybe should have worked a little harder on those private school apps... not that I could afford to go there anyway. Looking at some pretty good financial aid from the UC's, so it's all good.

3.8 unweighted GPA
2150 SAT
33 ACT
SAT II's: Korean with Listening 740 lolol, Biology 710, Math II 790
AP'S: World History 5, English Language 5, Spanish Language 4 >.>, Statistics 5, Biology 5 [Calculus BC, Chemistry, Spanish Literature in progress]

3 clubs with leadership positions
800+? hrs community service
1 job
왕초보... D:
TS-Rupbar
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden1089 Posts
May 12 2010 10:09 GMT
#502
[QUOTE]On May 10 2010 11:35 Dknight wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 10 2010 11:35 Dknight wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 10 2010 04:25 TS-Rupbar wrote:
Doing communication studies at University of Vermont. If any of you guys go there, let's meet up some time, as I'll be a lonely exchange student over there. Arriving sometime around 24th August. I'm a cool person, I promise![/QUOTE]

While I don't go to UVM, I do visit the campus about twice a year. I'll be up in Burlington during the fall visiting! I (along with friends) always go to away games in Hockey East for UMass Lowell. So if you like hockey, beer, and fun times, I'll hit you up the next time we go.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

I can't say I'm a big hockey fan, but live games are always fun. Please don't forget about me! : D
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
May 12 2010 14:00 GMT
#503
Too bad you won't be in Burlington next month Rupbar. Me and a few friends are heading up there for Magic Hat Brewery and the Vermont Lake Monsters (minor league baseball). Burlington is an awesome city but the only down side - middle of nowhere. But still, you should have a blast!
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
May 15 2010 13:18 GMT
#504
Got wait listed on some program T_T
Power of Ze
Gino-
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States56 Posts
June 03 2010 23:05 GMT
#505
Sorry for bump but wow guys these are impressive stats. I would kill to have stuff like these. Man I want to go to Cal State Long Beach, but I f'ed up freshman and sophomore year, I'm working my butt of junior year, got to make up classes during the summer, etc.

How do you guys get a fantastic SAT score? I can barely get 1600...lol and you guys play SC like mad which should disturb you from your studies XD

But yeah, good job, if any one could answer a few questions that would be great and appreciated.

1.)Do CSU look at freshman year grades? (I messed up on my biology and Spanish I during freshman year, and those are what I'm going to be making up during summer)
2.) Are AP classes important in your CSU transcripts?
3.) You think I can make Cal State Long Beach with a 3.1 (hopefully I can achieve that by the end of my junior year)(3.3 weighted) with a SAT of 1610 (math-640, reading- 490, writing-480)

Thanks for your time to answer...oh and one more thing, I heard CSU primarily look at your math scores and critical reading, is this true?
Gino Time!
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
June 04 2010 00:46 GMT
#506
Good luck to all of you!

I wouldn't bother sending applications to Santa Barbara or San Diego schools unless you're from there, most employers would rather hire from serious colleges than party schools. A lot of my friends are learning that the hard way :/
Chen
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6344 Posts
June 04 2010 00:50 GMT
#507
On May 12 2010 15:58 thunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.

lol this is actually true, which i personally find funny.
im going back to china this summer and all my relatives there are like OMFGWTF BERKELEY?!?!?! when i tell them that i got rejected from all the ivies they are like huh? there are schools not named harvard that are better than berkeley? no way...
its really really amusing how little the rest of the world knows about us. although it works quite well in reverse too...
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
June 04 2010 01:00 GMT
#508
On June 04 2010 09:50 Chen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 15:58 thunk wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.

lol this is actually true, which i personally find funny.
im going back to china this summer and all my relatives there are like OMFGWTF BERKELEY?!?!?! when i tell them that i got rejected from all the ivies they are like huh? there are schools not named harvard that are better than berkeley? no way...
its really really amusing how little the rest of the world knows about us. although it works quite well in reverse too...


Berkeley is a really great school, but you're right, there are a lot of schools that are on the same level as Berkeley but are probably easier to get into. For many big schools, it has become more or a popularity contest. Take USC for example...
TommyGG
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States142 Posts
June 04 2010 20:49 GMT
#509
On June 04 2010 08:05 Gino- wrote:
Sorry for bump but wow guys these are impressive stats. I would kill to have stuff like these. Man I want to go to Cal State Long Beach, but I f'ed up freshman and sophomore year, I'm working my butt of junior year, got to make up classes during the summer, etc.

How do you guys get a fantastic SAT score? I can barely get 1600...lol and you guys play SC like mad which should disturb you from your studies XD

But yeah, good job, if any one could answer a few questions that would be great and appreciated.

1.)Do CSU look at freshman year grades? (I messed up on my biology and Spanish I during freshman year, and those are what I'm going to be making up during summer)
2.) Are AP classes important in your CSU transcripts?
3.) You think I can make Cal State Long Beach with a 3.1 (hopefully I can achieve that by the end of my junior year)(3.3 weighted) with a SAT of 1610 (math-640, reading- 490, writing-480)

Thanks for your time to answer...oh and one more thing, I heard CSU primarily look at your math scores and critical reading, is this true?



with anything above a 3.0 you are guaranteed admission into a UC. i would imagine that you would have no problem getting into Long Beach although i would recommend retaking your SAT

I'm not entirely sure but I think freshman grades are not counted
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
June 09 2010 06:28 GMT
#510
I wouldn't bother sending applications to Santa Barbara or San Diego schools unless you're from there, most employers would rather hire from serious colleges than party schools. A lot of my friends are learning that the hard way :/


UCSD is anything but a party school lmao.

I chose UCLA over Berkeley, anyone else do something like that?
genericname92
Profile Joined October 2009
United States148 Posts
June 09 2010 06:39 GMT
#511
On June 09 2010 15:28 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
I wouldn't bother sending applications to Santa Barbara or San Diego schools unless you're from there, most employers would rather hire from serious colleges than party schools. A lot of my friends are learning that the hard way :/


UCSD is anything but a party school lmao.

I chose UCLA over Berkeley, anyone else do something like that?


yep, I did, I'm an engineer major too
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
June 09 2010 06:42 GMT
#512
On June 04 2010 10:00 hejakev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 09:50 Chen wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:58 thunk wrote:
On May 12 2010 15:49 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
(Transfering from CC as a Junior)

UCSC: Accepted
UC Berkeley: Denied =[

GPA: 3.1 something, don't remember the exact number
Mind you, I worked full time [yeah, yeah... excuses I'm a lazy ass ]

Achievements:
13th Place Chemistry National Olympics (2006 in Peru)
Xth Place Math National Olympics (2004 in Peru) [didn't stay to wait for the results cuz I knew I hadn't done nearly as good as I expected)

Clubs with Leaderships:
Treasurer Club Leo Tacna H-2 District 2005-2006 administration (Peru)

More random junk:
Went on a Mission for a month to some God forsaken place to build shit (2005 in Peru)
Junior Achievement 200% Profit (LOL)

Been living in the U.S. for 3 years >_>


Don't worry about it Berkeley is probably harder to get into than Stanford for international students.

lol this is actually true, which i personally find funny.
im going back to china this summer and all my relatives there are like OMFGWTF BERKELEY?!?!?! when i tell them that i got rejected from all the ivies they are like huh? there are schools not named harvard that are better than berkeley? no way...
its really really amusing how little the rest of the world knows about us. although it works quite well in reverse too...


Berkeley is a really great school, but you're right, there are a lot of schools that are on the same level as Berkeley but are probably easier to get into. For many big schools, it has become more or a popularity contest. Take USC for example...

hmm?
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
June 09 2010 06:45 GMT
#513
This thread just confused the crap out of me.

I was wondering why everybody was putting "100 hours of community service" and the likes on their resume. Took a while before I realized it was the voluntary kind and not the state mandatory one
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
June 09 2010 06:47 GMT
#514
On June 09 2010 15:39 genericname92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 15:28 jalstar wrote:
I wouldn't bother sending applications to Santa Barbara or San Diego schools unless you're from there, most employers would rather hire from serious colleges than party schools. A lot of my friends are learning that the hard way :/


UCSD is anything but a party school lmao.

I chose UCLA over Berkeley, anyone else do something like that?


yep, I did, I'm an engineer major too


nice, i'm an applied math major but i want a ma/phd in engineering to make myself useful
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 06:49:09
June 09 2010 06:47 GMT
#515
Oh hey, a thread I can contribute to.

I applied to Cal State Northridge, UC Santa Barbara, and UCLA.

Got into all of em, I start UCLA late Sept as a Philosophy major. I hope to make the leap to Princeton for graduate school.

EDIT: I'm a junior-level transfer with like 6 years on-off attendance at my local community college and maybe a 3.3 gpa. How I got into UCLA, I have no idea.

EDIT2: Grats to everyone who's gone and who's going
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Drunken Argument
Profile Joined May 2010
United States15 Posts
June 09 2010 06:52 GMT
#516
On June 09 2010 15:47 neohero9 wrote:
Oh hey, a thread I can contribute to.

I applied to Cal State Northridge, UC Santa Barbara, and UCLA.

Got into all of em, I start UCLA late Sept as a Philosophy major. I hope to make the leap to Princeton for graduate school.

EDIT: I'm a junior-level transfer with like 6 years on-off attendance at my local community college and maybe a 3.3 gpa. How I got into UCLA, I have no idea.

EDIT2: Grats to everyone who's gone and who's going


Good luck with Philosophy grad school. That's a tough road. I was a Phil major at Northwestern. My friend, also from NU, wanted to go for a Ph.D. program in Phil, but the acceptance rate is less that 4% of applicants. She ended up in a really good master's program tho, so only time will tell.
red_b
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1267 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 07:01:06
June 09 2010 07:00 GMT
#517
I got into Boston University for a masters in economics off a 3.55 and a 1380 gre. I dont have any real plans beyond that. Maybe PhD, maybe working, whatever presents itself.

I graduated with honors but I didnt do any honor societies, fraternities, extra-curriculars etc although I did apply to start a mahjong club to try and get a free trip to Japan. Then I had to study for the GRE, and instead of wasting my time playing mahjong I wasted my time watching movies lol.
Those small maps were like a boxing match in a phone booth.
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
June 09 2010 07:01 GMT
#518
Ty DrunkenArgument.

Do we have a list on this thread of who's going where, perhaps organized by school? With BNet's retarded buddy system, it might need a little help to foster community.

Besides, it'd be nice to be able to ride a mile or two and slap the guy who proxied me to death... and then buy him a beer, of course.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
June 09 2010 23:13 GMT
#519
On May 15 2010 22:18 Elegance wrote:
Got wait listed on some program T_T

Not anymore! Queen's Nursing!
Power of Ze
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
June 09 2010 23:21 GMT
#520
[QUOTE]On June 09 2010 15:28 jalstar wrote:
[quote]I wouldn't bother sending applications to Santa Barbara or San Diego schools unless you're from there, most employers would rather hire from serious colleges than party schools. A lot of my friends are learning that the hard way :/[/quote]

LOL UCSD is not a party school -_- if you consider competitive science and math programs and BS writing programs than i guess that's a party
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 224
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
IndyStarCraft 224
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27242
Mini 445
Hyuk 263
firebathero 185
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 74
Mong 49
Hyun 42
Killer 29
PianO 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Rock 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9688
qojqva1666
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1306
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu629
Other Games
Grubby2422
FrodaN2092
fl0m1150
Beastyqt763
Mlord369
Livibee162
KnowMe153
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• printf 46
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7587
Other Games
• imaqtpie578
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV225
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 23m
INu's Battles
18h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 23m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.