• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8770 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
March 17 2010 17:51 GMT
#41
On March 18 2010 02:22 Blind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 01:32 ArC_man wrote:
Grad school for me too. Going for my Ph.D in Physics.

Columbia: Still waiting
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
Berkeley: Still waiting (they said by March 15th...)
UCSB: Still waiting
Rice: Accepted
University of Washington: Accepted
Purdue: Accepted

Nice! Congrats on all the acceptances.

Thanks =). Looks like I'm gonna be in LA for another 5 years >_<
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
March 17 2010 17:57 GMT
#42
On March 18 2010 02:51 ArC_man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 02:22 Blind wrote:
On March 18 2010 01:32 ArC_man wrote:
Grad school for me too. Going for my Ph.D in Physics.

Columbia: Still waiting
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
Berkeley: Still waiting (they said by March 15th...)
UCSB: Still waiting
Rice: Accepted
University of Washington: Accepted
Purdue: Accepted

Nice! Congrats on all the acceptances.

Thanks =). Looks like I'm gonna be in LA for another 5 years >_<

congratulations, that's awesome.
if you don't mind, what school did you go for undergrad and what was your GPA?
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
March 17 2010 18:09 GMT
#43
Good luck to everyone starting Grad school (I'm 6 months in). This webcomic is for you.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
March 17 2010 18:18 GMT
#44
On March 17 2010 20:35 phosphorylation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 20:01 Chen wrote:
ugh, most decisions are out april 1st, day of dread ><
Berkeley: early acceptance with Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship
UCLA: accepted
UCI and UC davis: auto-accepted with ELC
waiting on the ivies

4.37 weighted GPA
2310 SAT
800 math II
800 Physics
790 Chemistry
760 US history

3 clubs with leadership positions,
2 jobs,
3 community service activities
3 internships
no sports, but 3 non-athletic varsity positions

did you apply to stanford
if so whats your iccup rank

I see what you did there. I was about to ask him the same thing haha
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
March 17 2010 18:20 GMT
#45
If I can offer a word of advice, your senior year grades DO matter.

I got accepted to the University of Michigan and I didn't apply to any other schools(since that was all I wanted to go to). A few weeks before I go, I find out that they are reconsidering my admission because of poor senior year grades. I had to write in to explain why this was.

I did in fact have a good reason, but if you write in saying that you played too much SC I don't think they will receive that very nicely. So yeah, just a word of advice.

PS. U of M is awesome you should all come here!
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
March 17 2010 18:20 GMT
#46
On March 18 2010 02:35 akevin wrote:
Grad School - PhD in Chemistry/Chemical Biology

University of Toronto: Accepted
Scripps Research Institute: Accepted
MIT: Accepted
Caltech: Accepted
Harvard: Accepted
Stanford: Rejected



lol @ the rejection after all those acceptances, where did you go for undergrad/masters and what are your credentials like? That's impressive stuff
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 17 2010 18:23 GMT
#47
Going from an undergrad in Psychology to a PhD in Business. This year was more like a test run, so I only took a shot at the big ones

Harvard: Rejected
Stanford: Rejected
Yale: Shortlisted then rejected
Chicago: Rejected
Cornell: Waiting... (not too optimistic)

GRE: 800 Quantitative, 680 Verbal, 5.5 Analytical
GPA: No idea how SA conversions work. 84.5% average. Best mark in the honours year of about 100.

Research: Nothing academic yet. Got eight educational books published though.
Recommendations: The one lecturer I worked with the most didn't hand in any recommendations even after she promised to. Still pissed off about that. Other than that, got an author I worked with to do one, and the head of our research department who I've worked with a bit.
Coursework: No math background, no economics background either.

Plan: Didn't really expect to get in this year, I gave myself like a 35% chance of getting accepted by someone, and it doesn't seem like it will happen. So my goal is to get some research published and do an M this year while starting a course or two in statistics. Basically work on where I have some holes in my CV. Next application I'll apply for a few slightly smaller ones as well, this year was just to test the water a bit Still, frustrating!
Moderator
Chen
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6344 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 21:12:13
March 17 2010 21:11 GMT
#48
On March 17 2010 23:50 Disregard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 20:01 Chen wrote:
ugh, most decisions are out april 1st, day of dread ><
Berkeley: early acceptance with Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship
UCLA: accepted
UCI and UC davis: auto-accepted with ELC
waiting on the ivies

4.37 weighted GPA
2310 SAT
800 math II
800 Physics
790 Chemistry
760 US history

3 clubs with leadership positions,
2 jobs,
3 community service activities
3 internships
no sports, but 3 non-athletic varsity positions


Jesus christ, your scores are almost near perfection. What is your secret?

cram hard =). prep books are nice, esp with practice tests. I did ~15 SAT1 practice tests in the month before the exam just cause i could BS school and ~1-2 of the subject tests for practice.

On March 18 2010 01:06 duckett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 23:50 Disregard wrote:
On March 17 2010 20:01 Chen wrote:
ugh, most decisions are out april 1st, day of dread ><
Berkeley: early acceptance with Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship
UCLA: accepted
UCI and UC davis: auto-accepted with ELC
waiting on the ivies

4.37 weighted GPA
2310 SAT
800 math II
800 Physics
790 Chemistry
760 US history

3 clubs with leadership positions,
2 jobs,
3 community service activities
3 internships
no sports, but 3 non-athletic varsity positions


Jesus christ, your scores are almost near perfection. What is your secret?

4.37 is not that good for wgpa

its really not ><. my class is fricken insane lol, my 4.37 is like 17th. (out of 600) last year it woulda been top-10 ez. 6 AP's as junior and 13 overall for 17th.
TurbulentTurtle
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada230 Posts
March 17 2010 22:26 GMT
#49
On March 18 2010 01:48 emperorchampion wrote:
I'm just so god damn excited to get out of this shitty province and town.

Aww... Alberta's a decent place, although I did go elsewhere for university....

I'm surprised at all of you guys applying to so many places though. I only applied to University of Calgary and University of Waterloo.
I got into both, and since my brother and a couple other friends were all in UW, I decided on being a UW homeskillet.
lagmaster
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States374 Posts
March 17 2010 22:35 GMT
#50
UCSC - accepted
UCI - waiting
UCD - waiting

I don't know what's the better news. That i got accepted to santa cruz... or that a friend gave me their unused sc2 beta key earlier today.

Today truly is a day to be merry. Bring on the guinness.
Cobalt
Profile Joined April 2008
United States441 Posts
March 17 2010 22:38 GMT
#51
Good luck to all the Carnegie Mellon applicants here. If you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask me. Freshman CS major.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 22:41:11
March 17 2010 22:40 GMT
#52
Good luck you guys!

Yea, if anyone wants to know about Stanford feel free to PM me or what not.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
March 17 2010 22:41 GMT
#53
Case Western : Accepted
Drexel : Accepted
Penn State (Main) : Accepted
Hobart and William Smith : Accepted
UPitt : Accepted
UPenn : waitlisted
cw)minsean(ru
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 22:45:11
March 17 2010 22:43 GMT
#54
On March 18 2010 07:26 TurbulentTurtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 01:48 emperorchampion wrote:
I'm just so god damn excited to get out of this shitty province and town.

Aww... Alberta's a decent place, although I did go elsewhere for university....

I'm surprised at all of you guys applying to so many places though. I only applied to University of Calgary and University of Waterloo.
I got into both, and since my brother and a couple other friends were all in UW, I decided on being a UW homeskillet.


Alberta is... alright, I suppose. It's more the small town that gets me, but honestly Calgary and Edmonton are not a whole lot better.

There is a decent chance I will join you as a UW homeskillet

On another note, I have a question for any McGill students. I know McGill is an English school, but it is in Montreal- how much of a deterrent would it be if you could, theoretically, speak very little French?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
March 17 2010 23:00 GMT
#55
UCSD - Accepted (probably going here! woo csl)
UCI - Accepted
UCR - Accepted
UCM - Accepted
UCB - Waiting

Cal Poly Pomona- Accepted
Cal Poly SLO- Accepted
Cal State Los Angeles- Accepted

All applied under economics major.
GPA: 3.8ish weighted by UC standards
SAT: 1980, Bio: 730, Math 780

In the IB program
AP/IB Test scores:
AB Calc AP: 5
Macro Econ AP: 4
Bio AP: 5

IB History SL: 6
IB Econ SL: 6
Long live BroodWar!
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
March 17 2010 23:02 GMT
#56
On March 18 2010 07:35 lagmaster wrote:
UCSC - accepted
UCI - waiting
UCD - waiting

I don't know what's the better news. That i got accepted to santa cruz... or that a friend gave me their unused sc2 beta key earlier today.

Today truly is a day to be merry. Bring on the guinness.

you should be extremely happy for both. congratulations!
and to everyone else too. :D
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 23:06:44
March 17 2010 23:05 GMT
#57
So far:
Rutgers: Accepted. Honors program, new Brunswick engineering and a/s. 10k Scholarship >.<
TCNJ- Accepted. 30k Scholarship
Duke- April 1st, double legacy March 30th Edit- Rejected T.T
Cornell- April 1st
U Mich- Still waiting, double legacy (3/18 Update) Accepted!
Princeton- ... lol feels dishonest to say I'm still waiting

GPA- 4.3 Weighted
SAT- 760/750/710 r/m/w 2220
Math II- 800
Biology- 720 ( >.< )

Certified EMT
Misc. Math team/ NHS/ Science team/ Baseball/ Track/ Hospital Volunteering/ Latin Club ect.
Edit- (Lurker ^.^)

MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
omfghi2u2
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States831 Posts
March 17 2010 23:08 GMT
#58
Good luck potential college students!

This month last year was such a stressing month. But glad I got to do what I am doing now.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
March 17 2010 23:17 GMT
#59
UCSD - accepted
UCSB, UCLA, Cal - waiting

I'm gonna be a junior next year, transferring from community college to "real college". GPA is 3.5 ish, and they don't look at SAT scores.
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
March 17 2010 23:25 GMT
#60
On March 18 2010 08:17 jalstar wrote:
UCSD - accepted
UCSB, UCLA, Cal - waiting

I'm gonna be a junior next year, transferring from community college to "real college". GPA is 3.5 ish, and they don't look at SAT scores.

out of curioisity how many credits did you take during cc?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 224
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
IndyStarCraft 224
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27242
Mini 445
Hyuk 263
firebathero 185
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 74
Mong 49
Hyun 42
Killer 29
PianO 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Rock 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9688
qojqva1666
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1306
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu629
Other Games
Grubby2422
FrodaN2092
fl0m1150
Beastyqt763
Mlord369
Livibee162
KnowMe153
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• printf 46
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7587
Other Games
• imaqtpie578
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV225
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 24m
INu's Battles
18h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.