• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:17
CEST 20:17
KST 03:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8516 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 370 Next
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 06 2011 04:32 GMT
#681
hmm.. i dont even remember my old acc's pass so i play on a new one.
ID: Natural_Deity

Fun stuff.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 03:27:37
February 07 2011 02:53 GMT
#682
It's been a while since I played
ID: Nemesis2005

I can do up to 4 stars, sometimes some easy 4.5 star maps
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
February 15 2011 18:34 GMT
#683
amusing little skype conversation i just had with a buddy of mine as i ranted on about my mouse cord... i have a razer deathadder with the braided cord.


me: i hate how my mouse cord tension affects how i am able to move my mouse

my buddy:
wireless ^_^
it may not be accurate
but fuck cords

me:
it's like my fucking cord is affecting my mouse sensitivity
and it's annoying
cuz it's causing me to miss notes
because i have that muscle memory for how far apart they are and then i go to move my mouse, an that slight bit of tension in the cord is throwing off my mouse acceleration
and thus the travel of the cursor
it's one of those minuscule details that only someone like me would notice
and it really only makes a difference when it fucks you up
my brother just has too much shit on this desk in the area near where i mouse at
so it keeps bumping my cord no matter how i try to arrange it
k, im done ranting about my mouse cord >_>
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
RedLuck
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada253 Posts
February 18 2011 07:05 GMT
#684
Do players like Cookiezi sometimes use the keyboard to hit some of the notes? I mean I can play a lot of 5 star songs with only my mouse effectively but when I watch him play stuff like Revolution Deathsquad by DragonForce its just like WTF, how can you stay that precise when you have to spam your mouse keys that often.

So does anybody know if top top top players use "z" + "x" along with their mouse to play?
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
February 18 2011 07:09 GMT
#685
On February 18 2011 16:05 RedLuck wrote:
Do players like Cookiezi sometimes use the keyboard to hit some of the notes? I mean I can play a lot of 5 star songs with only my mouse effectively but when I watch him play stuff like Revolution Deathsquad by DragonForce its just like WTF, how can you stay that precise when you have to spam your mouse keys that often.

So does anybody know if top top top players use "z" + "x" along with their mouse to play?


Yes most top players use the keyboard
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
February 18 2011 07:18 GMT
#686
On February 18 2011 16:09 JSH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 16:05 RedLuck wrote:
Do players like Cookiezi sometimes use the keyboard to hit some of the notes? I mean I can play a lot of 5 star songs with only my mouse effectively but when I watch him play stuff like Revolution Deathsquad by DragonForce its just like WTF, how can you stay that precise when you have to spam your mouse keys that often.

So does anybody know if top top top players use "z" + "x" along with their mouse to play?


Yes most top players use the keyboard


Lots of the top players also use tablets. That being said there are a few guys that only use mouse.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 18 2011 20:29 GMT
#687
On February 18 2011 16:05 RedLuck wrote:
Do players like Cookiezi sometimes use the keyboard to hit some of the notes? I mean I can play a lot of 5 star songs with only my mouse effectively but when I watch him play stuff like Revolution Deathsquad by DragonForce its just like WTF, how can you stay that precise when you have to spam your mouse keys that often.

So does anybody know if top top top players use "z" + "x" along with their mouse to play?


Almost everybody uses mouse + keyboard or tablet + keyboard to play.

I can only name maybe 3 or 4 really good players who play mouse only.
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
February 18 2011 20:48 GMT
#688
seriously help me guys. how to get better at osu? im playing for like 2 weeks now, i did some 3 star songs with B-A rating, like glee cast - you keep me hangin' on ( S rank ) :D, MGMT- electric feel A rank,
The killers - mr brightside A rank, have few 4 star songs with B-A too. I just cant seem to get better at always geting 300 points, especialy on faster songs
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
February 18 2011 21:01 GMT
#689
Just try to pass 5 star songs, it doesn't matter if you get C's or even D's on them. Most of the first 5 stars I beat I was getting like 70-75% accuracy when I finally beat them after many many tries. Plus it feels great to play a song you passed a month ago and beat your old accuracy by 10-15% on the first try.
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
February 18 2011 21:22 GMT
#690
On February 19 2011 06:01 Xafnia wrote:
Just try to pass 5 star songs, it doesn't matter if you get C's or even D's on them. Most of the first 5 stars I beat I was getting like 70-75% accuracy when I finally beat them after many many tries. Plus it feels great to play a song you passed a month ago and beat your old accuracy by 10-15% on the first try.


well i have beaten alot of 5 star songs, but i always get C :/ at the begining seems like i could get A, but then few faster places with stacked buttons and gg
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
February 18 2011 21:31 GMT
#691
On February 19 2011 06:22 whiteLotus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 06:01 Xafnia wrote:
Just try to pass 5 star songs, it doesn't matter if you get C's or even D's on them. Most of the first 5 stars I beat I was getting like 70-75% accuracy when I finally beat them after many many tries. Plus it feels great to play a song you passed a month ago and beat your old accuracy by 10-15% on the first try.


well i have beaten alot of 5 star songs, but i always get C :/ at the begining seems like i could get A, but then few faster places with stacked buttons and gg


ya, like in SNSD - Oh! ... I can FC the entire song with 96% accuracy until the last 40 seconds of the song where there are the 3-3-3-3 really quick, and then at the very end where there are those 4 streams of 5 notes that are really tight... I've gotten better at alternating clicks to get them- but trying to use the keyboard for tight streams really screws up my timing...
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 21:50:55
February 18 2011 21:32 GMT
#692
Play more different 5 stars, If you need practice for specific things I can suggest songs. Like hold sliders, streams, stacks etc. If you can pass a song in like 4-5 tries your playing songs that are too easy.

Edit: I'd recommend playing short songs over long songs when you to challenge yourself with faster/harder songs you can't pass.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 19 2011 04:25 GMT
#693
I guess I'm one of the few people who got better by playing easys, then normals, then hards, then insanes. Accuracy has always been the most important stat to me so I always played the hardest diff I could fc with at least S rank (93% or higher), eventually I got good enough that I refused to take in scores below 94/95/96/97/98% (with some exceptions). As I shot for higher accuracy my sense of rhythm got better and I could understand the maps and play them better on my first or second try. I also come from a long background of other rhythm games so it came to me a bit easier I suppose.

IMO you need to play songs not that you're getting 65% Ds on, but songs that you can get decent enough accuracy on but are still challenging to fc or score highly on for you. Just spamming hard stuff like Kanbu isn't going to get you to be a high level player because you'll just know how to mash buttons with no sense of rhythm, and your mouse control may not be top tier. Find a balance between maps that are hard but not so hard that your accuracy takes a gigantic nosedive because of it. For someone still working their way up in skill I would say anything you can find that challenges you and you can get 80-90% on are good to practice on regularly, with songs you get 70-80% on as much harder challenges for you to keep trying every once in a while. If you're getting 90+% you're probably playing songs that are a bit too easy for you, and if you're getting under 70% on any maps you really shouldn't be playing ones that hard yet without building up your skills further first.

I could recommend you specific maps to practice on if you clarify what kinds of things you're having problems with (jumps/streams/stacks/complicated patterns or rhythms/fast or slow bpm/etc).

Also if you don't play with headphones I highly recommend it, I got exponentially better when I started using a headset/earbuds to play because it drowns out the noise of me tapping on the keyboard and lets me listen to the hitsounds and rhythm of the music better. It worked for me, maybe it'll work for you.
kaleidoscope
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore2887 Posts
February 19 2011 06:40 GMT
#694
well i have no problem moving my mouse at high accuracy.. but i have some problems with triplets or running notes that are "on the move", i usually have tough time synchronizing my movements with the clickings (especially that sometimes clicking will mess up my mouse movements)
대지따라 돌린게 시간이다.. 흘러가고 돌아오지도 않고..
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 06:50:53
February 19 2011 06:50 GMT
#695
I need a summer job so I can afford a decent keyboard for this game :/ My streams are atrocious atm.

And yeah, headphones are great. I find it noticably easier to play with headphones on rather than using speakers.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
February 19 2011 07:20 GMT
#696
I play with mouse only and the only problem I have with it are the fast but not so fast notes... yea you know the ones

The ones that are too fast to single click but are too slow to alternating click. I suck at maintaining my rhythm at those speeds with alternating clicks.
( ・´ー・`)
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 07:43:28
February 19 2011 07:27 GMT
#697
On February 19 2011 13:25 MegaManEXE wrote:
I could recommend you specific maps to practice on if you clarify what kinds of things you're having problems with (jumps/streams/stacks/complicated patterns or rhythms/fast or slow bpm/etc).


Basically the last 28 notes of SNSD - Oh! [Oh! My God!] (tight streams with mouse movement); as well as the kiai timing in SNSD - Tell me your wish (genie) [hard] (the korean version) where it does the 1>2>3 > 1-2 >1-2 >1-2 >1 >1 ( > means jump, - means stack)... I'm hit or miss as to whether I hit the jumps or not- it just seems like way too much of a jump in way too short of a time for someone with my handspeed... Which I suppose could be remedied by upping the dpi on my mouse a bit; I'm very comfortable with my sensativity...

I've gotten horribly decent at using the keyboard for stacks, but not streams =0\
I think my handspeed, or possibly the fact that i mostly click, which is holding me back from doing songs on double time- cuz I'm actually horribly decent at osu! (or at least I'd like to think so...)

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/603014
Basically, my most played songs have a single section that I have trouble with, and the rest is a near FC... and the reason Be Happy [hard] has the most plays is because I am absurdly close to FCing it with hard rock, hidden, and flashlight... >_>

edit: @ebacho - i can just imagine cookiezi drumming on his tablet with double pens... i wonder if steve moore (the mad drummer) plays osu! ?
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 08:11:30
February 19 2011 07:38 GMT
#698
If anyone wants to kill time before the MSL finals, I'm on right now.

And, for the most part, any playstyle can get you really far in terms of actual osu skill. Tap/x (tablet), dual pen (tablet), click/x ("hybrid" mouse), full z/x (mouse or tablet), or full click (mouse) all have various high level users.

EDIT: I forgot touchscreen users, like Bikko. But they're different.
Proud member of TL's osufam
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
February 19 2011 08:44 GMT
#699
after talking with ebacho for a few minutes, and him showing me emotional skyscraper- i felt so much better about doing streams with the keyboard that i went and did oh! [oh! my god!] and only missed 1 note... >_>
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
February 19 2011 12:40 GMT
#700
I tried to do the first OP to gintama on Hard with Flash hidden. But AHHHH 800 tries later still haven't SS'd it. I can complete it easy but i've been trying to get first on that map for so long i know i can do it.

But for some reason when i play with flash i feel like half way through my field of vision gets smaller and i'm having problems detecting the notes even though i know where they are.

Love Osu!
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 67
MindelVK 18
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25758
Mini 412
Hyuk 199
firebathero 174
ggaemo 144
Dewaltoss 65
Mong 45
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc9594
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu753
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2444
fl0m1018
Beastyqt752
KnowMe184
mouzStarbuck160
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King54
Trikslyr47
ToD36
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick969
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 10
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV290
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 43m
INu's Battles
17h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.