• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:04
CEST 12:04
KST 19:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12409 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 370 Next
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
February 01 2011 01:32 GMT
#661
On February 01 2011 10:16 ebacho wrote:
Go into edit mode, scroll over to the part you need to practice, and test it.

TBH I wouldn't bother with this if you've been playing less than a month, because you improve so fast when you start out. Just play a whole bunch of different maps, and try again a week from now. You'll probably be good enough to beat it without dicking around in the editor.

Plus, people who mess around in the editor are lame :/
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
February 01 2011 01:39 GMT
#662
OMG thankyou ebacho i've just finished a marathon session of FLHDHR on this one song must be @ 500+ tries i can complete it but am going for 100% and due to flash light i get tunnel visioned near the end and don't finish enough i could do the start/middle in my sleep though.
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
RedLuck
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada253 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:48:53
February 01 2011 01:48 GMT
#663
On February 01 2011 10:32 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 10:16 ebacho wrote:
Go into edit mode, scroll over to the part you need to practice, and test it.

TBH I wouldn't bother with this if you've been playing less than a month, because you improve so fast when you start out. Just play a whole bunch of different maps, and try again a week from now. You'll probably be good enough to beat it without dicking around in the editor.

Plus, people who mess around in the editor are lame :/


That's a good point but I got stuck on the last 20seconds of DCX - Flying High: Ultimate's CrazyRave and I probably put at LEAST 500+ attempts in.

5minutes in the editor practicing the last few seconds finally helped me beat it. Don't worry I don't plan on abusing that practice system. Always hated people that did that in GH.

Edit: feels so good to beat a song you spent that much time practicing on. :D
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 01 2011 01:55 GMT
#664
What's wrong with practicing in editor? o.o

If you're stuck on a certain pattern/rhythm there's nothing wrong with practicing in editor imo
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 02:14:58
February 01 2011 02:10 GMT
#665
On February 01 2011 10:55 MegaManEXE wrote:
What's wrong with practicing in editor? o.o

If you're stuck on a certain pattern/rhythm there's nothing wrong with practicing in editor imo

I see the point if you want to get a really good rank on a song or something, because you can practice the difficult parts. But if you're not at a really high skill level I just think that playing more and trying again later is the best way to go because you improve more, instead of spending a zillion tries memorizing a pattern. One of the most rewarding feelings in osu is beating a song you never could beat before, and this often happens to me when I play a song I haven't tried in a while.

Redluck is going to try that map again a month from now and crush his earlier score and probably feel silly for spending 200 plays on it.

I guess what I feel is that except at very high levels of play, your goal should be to get good at the game, not get good at a particular map. Once you're good, then you can start playing maps zillions of times, messing around in the editor, etc. to go for high scores.

Edit -- some songs do have really bizarre/confusing patterns, but those are rare and I generally just watch a replay to try to figure out what's going on.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 01 2011 13:21 GMT
#666
On February 01 2011 11:10 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 10:55 MegaManEXE wrote:
What's wrong with practicing in editor? o.o

If you're stuck on a certain pattern/rhythm there's nothing wrong with practicing in editor imo

I see the point if you want to get a really good rank on a song or something, because you can practice the difficult parts. But if you're not at a really high skill level I just think that playing more and trying again later is the best way to go because you improve more, instead of spending a zillion tries memorizing a pattern. One of the most rewarding feelings in osu is beating a song you never could beat before, and this often happens to me when I play a song I haven't tried in a while.

Redluck is going to try that map again a month from now and crush his earlier score and probably feel silly for spending 200 plays on it.

I guess what I feel is that except at very high levels of play, your goal should be to get good at the game, not get good at a particular map. Once you're good, then you can start playing maps zillions of times, messing around in the editor, etc. to go for high scores.

Edit -- some songs do have really bizarre/confusing patterns, but those are rare and I generally just watch a replay to try to figure out what's going on.


Ah, in that case then yeah I agree, don't get held up on one particular map if you're still in that big improvement phase of learning

When you're ready to start getting on the leaderboards or using a mod like FL or HD on tricky maps then editor is a godsend, sometimes you just don't want to bother practicing the stuff you already know
HungN24
Profile Joined November 2010
United States9 Posts
February 01 2011 13:50 GMT
#667
Fuckin love this game.
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
February 01 2011 14:11 GMT
#668
Making a 38 min beatmania IIDX marathon with Alace and Gabi, this shits gunna be epicccc

~yeahyeahyeahhh
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Lybydose
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1 Post
February 01 2011 15:28 GMT
#669
Aha, so this is where MegaManEXE disappeared off to!
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 01 2011 16:05 GMT
#670
Sort of

lol

idk why I'm here I don't even play SC2 anymore
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
February 01 2011 18:00 GMT
#671
We should have more osu mappers join TL and play SC :>
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
February 02 2011 01:04 GMT
#672
I know a good bit in #korean do, though most of them lurk in #chinese, so ask around there. KRZY is the first to come to mind he plays BW KR
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
February 02 2011 01:16 GMT
#673
Username: Xafnia

Amazingly addictive game. I usually can only beat the easiest 5star map of a song, so I'm still pretty terribad. I hardly play SC2 now because of Osu D:

ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
February 02 2011 01:42 GMT
#674
On February 02 2011 10:04 aycheff wrote:
I know a good bit in #korean do, though most of them lurk in #chinese, so ask around there. KRZY is the first to come to mind he plays BW KR


I told KRZY to watch the OSL finals, but I'm not sure if he did.
Proud member of TL's osufam
Anachromy
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States194 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 05:28:06
February 02 2011 05:14 GMT
#675
ok. going to Try Something here, see what happens.

Multiplayer game going up right now:

Name: Team Liquid Osu Party!
pass: tlnet

All levels of players welcome, we'll rotate the crown around and have a good old time.

as long as this post is here, the game is up. I'll edit this post when the game goes down.

Edit: Game down for now. No response after a while... if someone posts after me wanting to play I'll re-create
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
February 02 2011 06:00 GMT
#676
I'll bite, I guess.

Room: TL
PW: 1
Proud member of TL's osufam
Lezt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States115 Posts
February 02 2011 06:10 GMT
#677
username: Lazzarrath

Love this game :D
currently lvl 72, thought I was okay until I downloaded some of the maps featured in the top 20 osu! players video and got promptly owned T.T
Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please - Niccolo Machiavelli
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
February 06 2011 02:12 GMT
#678
Thanks to TL and this thread, I now have a million Touhou/Vocaloid/other Japanese songs stuck in my head!

Someone really needs to map out the first two Deicide albums for this game.

Anyways, a question- I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm wondering, should I be focusing on the 4-star maps that I can complete with little effort, trying to FC them/get S rank on them, or should I be focusing on the 5-star "hards" that I can generally clear but can't do better than a B or C on?
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
February 06 2011 02:21 GMT
#679
On February 06 2011 11:12 Obscura.304 wrote:
Thanks to TL and this thread, I now have a million Touhou/Vocaloid/other Japanese songs stuck in my head!

Someone really needs to map out the first two Deicide albums for this game.

Anyways, a question- I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm wondering, should I be focusing on the 4-star maps that I can complete with little effort, trying to FC them/get S rank on them, or should I be focusing on the 5-star "hards" that I can generally clear but can't do better than a B or C on?

Focus on the 5 star ones. You don't really improve by playing maps you can beat easily.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
February 06 2011 02:54 GMT
#680
On February 06 2011 11:21 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 11:12 Obscura.304 wrote:
Thanks to TL and this thread, I now have a million Touhou/Vocaloid/other Japanese songs stuck in my head!

Someone really needs to map out the first two Deicide albums for this game.

Anyways, a question- I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm wondering, should I be focusing on the 4-star maps that I can complete with little effort, trying to FC them/get S rank on them, or should I be focusing on the 5-star "hards" that I can generally clear but can't do better than a B or C on?

Focus on the 5 star ones. You don't really improve by playing maps you can beat easily.


What I like to do is play every song on the highest difficulty that my hands can keep up with... I have FC'd a lot of 3.5-4.5 star songs, but once you make that jump to 5star it's like, 'WTF? how is this possible?'
Then again, I spend about 2 hours on a single map just playing it over and over and over until I FC it on 4star or whatnot... Still tryin to get SNSD- Oh! >_> song is brutal on 5star... There are 2 sections of it that if I could hit them all, I would FC it- but alas, I always fail right at that part because the hp drain is so ridiculous on that song...
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 244
ProTech40
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1178
Bisu 822
Horang2 709
Larva 612
Hyuk 560
Leta 205
Sexy 114
Zeus 107
EffOrt 100
PianO 79
[ Show more ]
Mini 78
Soma 76
Pusan 48
ZerO 39
Killer 37
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 25
sorry 25
Hm[arnc] 22
yabsab 19
Trap 9
JulyZerg 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe444
XaKoH 335
League of Legends
JimRising 328
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1250
Other Games
gofns34709
singsing1299
crisheroes212
Mew2King142
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick588
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6717
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1167
• Stunt989
Upcoming Events
Online Event
56m
FEL
5h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 56m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.