• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:54
CEST 10:54
KST 17:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11101 users

TL Go Group! - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
April 20 2009 05:46 GMT
#121
ok, starting to think you are just trolling...

"somehow inferior".. this implies that chess being inferior to go is completely unthinkable (just like everything else i've said in this thread (did you read it or skim through it?)

your other 2 posts are both from threepool and he has clarified his position multiple times, saying that he's just pointing out differences in nature between the 2 games, nothing to do with either being superior..
DANCE ALL DAY
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
April 20 2009 06:25 GMT
#122
Hi guys!!! I'm always a fan of Go!!! Although I would prefer chess over Go anyday! ^_^

But yea, I'm definitely interested in this board game, I remember like 4-5 years back, I finished the entire series of Hikaru no Go PLUS all manga chapters (just b/c I sort of enjoyed the plot and had an interest of Go) though I haven't really play Go as much but rather as a viewer type.... I did play Go several times at yahoo.com (the only place I thought Go existed for me to play) and I did win games here and there then lost here and there but hopefully know the basics... (I mean I did watched freaking 90? eps of Hikaru no Go) so........ yea, put me down as newbie for now..
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
April 20 2009 08:05 GMT
#123
did you check out KGS yet quickstriker? In case you're still looking for a place to play..
DANCE ALL DAY
threepool
Profile Joined March 2009
United States150 Posts
April 21 2009 23:35 GMT
#124
On April 20 2009 15:25 QuickStriker wrote:
Hi guys!!! I'm always a fan of Go!!! Although I would prefer chess over Go anyday! ^_^

But yea, I'm definitely interested in this board game, I remember like 4-5 years back, I finished the entire series of Hikaru no Go PLUS all manga chapters (just b/c I sort of enjoyed the plot and had an interest of Go) though I haven't really play Go as much but rather as a viewer type.... I did play Go several times at yahoo.com (the only place I thought Go existed for me to play) and I did win games here and there then lost here and there but hopefully know the basics... (I mean I did watched freaking 90? eps of Hikaru no Go) so........ yea, put me down as newbie for now..

There's "only" 75 episodes of HnG. And they are all awesome. One of my favorite things about Go tournaments is that sometimes you can get people to make that "ngh!" sound that everybody in that series makes in response to a really good move.
This is my *house*. Do you want to know a *secret*? Do not *think* it too *not campers*. You are so many *lonely* *juicy* *bubbles*. It is so sad. Now that you are *campers* you will have more *parties* and no more *sad* *lonely* *bubbles*.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
April 23 2009 02:01 GMT
#125
On April 22 2009 08:35 threepool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2009 15:25 QuickStriker wrote:
Hi guys!!! I'm always a fan of Go!!! Although I would prefer chess over Go anyday! ^_^

But yea, I'm definitely interested in this board game, I remember like 4-5 years back, I finished the entire series of Hikaru no Go PLUS all manga chapters (just b/c I sort of enjoyed the plot and had an interest of Go) though I haven't really play Go as much but rather as a viewer type.... I did play Go several times at yahoo.com (the only place I thought Go existed for me to play) and I did win games here and there then lost here and there but hopefully know the basics... (I mean I did watched freaking 90? eps of Hikaru no Go) so........ yea, put me down as newbie for now..

There's "only" 75 episodes of HnG. And they are all awesome. One of my favorite things about Go tournaments is that sometimes you can get people to make that "ngh!" sound that everybody in that series makes in response to a really good move.


Hahaha, I couldn't agree more, I definitely loved that years back when I saw that.... and you're right, 75.... well it was more like 90 to me since I went on and read the entire manga (in which even continues where it left off on anime meaning the storyline goes further before ending)

@GroT: I have just briefly took a peek at KGS and am willing to play when I have free time though... we'll see when I'll actually hold my breath and log in to play...

Just a quick question, a TL Go Group is really nice and all but I was wondering if you guys are planning for some sort of event or competition/tourny in the future??? Although playing Go online is fun, I always prefer those actual board and face to face with my opponents in a quiet room where tensions appear between 2 people....
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
threepool
Profile Joined March 2009
United States150 Posts
April 23 2009 19:52 GMT
#126
I'd be happy to organize a TL Go Tournament in the SF Bay Area. I have three sets, I can probably get more if there are more than six people...
This is my *house*. Do you want to know a *secret*? Do not *think* it too *not campers*. You are so many *lonely* *juicy* *bubbles*. It is so sad. Now that you are *campers* you will have more *parties* and no more *sad* *lonely* *bubbles*.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
April 24 2009 23:30 GMT
#127
SF Bay Area..... SF = South Florida correct??? Blah, I'm located all the way up in NYC so this won't do.....

Anyway, I dled this program where it has a practice game with a comps where it goes down the level as you get better but for some reason I just can't seem to beat pass 16k (I did just by luck only to lose and go back to 18kish)..... So does this mean my level should be around there??? Dammit, I would think I was better...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
threepool
Profile Joined March 2009
United States150 Posts
April 25 2009 00:19 GMT
#128
Interesting, I suppose South Florida does have a bay...

Anyhow, I meant San Francisco.

Are you talking about Igowin, QuickStriker? I'd be wary about deciding my rank based on any computer program, but Igowin in particular is usually way off.

You should spend some time on KGS to get an accurate rating. But just so you're not too demoralized: if you really feel you're a "newbie," you definitely should not expect a rank stronger than about 20k.
This is my *house*. Do you want to know a *secret*? Do not *think* it too *not campers*. You are so many *lonely* *juicy* *bubbles*. It is so sad. Now that you are *campers* you will have more *parties* and no more *sad* *lonely* *bubbles*.
Sky
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Jordan812 Posts
December 24 2009 04:01 GMT
#129
Quite an old thread to bump, but it's the holidays and it's snowing outside. Other than actually riding the snow, I don't know of anything better to do than drink some deliciously spiked eggnog and playing go. Anyone still active with the game?
...jumping into cold water whenever I get the chance.
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
December 24 2009 05:18 GMT
#130
Go = Chess X 9000. Not quite my cup of tea, although I see the appeal.
Shymon
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States620 Posts
December 24 2009 06:42 GMT
#131
The TL group on KGS, http://www.gokgs.com, is still going strong. We have a room for all of us under Social -> Teamliquid. If you are new to the game just ask in the room and we'll answer any questions you have, and if your not new where else can you talk about the latest honibo title and the OSl at the same time?
Dagon
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania264 Posts
August 19 2010 16:52 GMT
#132
Umm.. Îs this still active? I would love to play Go with a fellow starcraft player.. I am about 3k on orobaduk witch translates to about 1k - 1d on KGS.. i am willing to give tips to those interested if they help me with my sc2 (top 5 of my platinum league but still pretty bad)
Shymon
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States620 Posts
August 19 2010 17:04 GMT
#133
On December 24 2009 15:42 Shymon wrote:
The TL group on KGS, http://www.gokgs.com, is still going strong. We have a room for all of us under Social -> Teamliquid. If you are new to the game just ask in the room and we'll answer any questions you have, and if your not new where else can you talk about the latest honibo title and the OSl at the same time?



my last reply still applies pretty much, not as active as it was during it's frst few months but we are still in the teamliquid room.
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 18:05:36
August 19 2010 17:36 GMT
#134
Editted.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
August 19 2010 17:38 GMT
#135
Anyone want to play or study?

1d KGS - I don't play often though.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
November 20 2010 16:56 GMT
#136
The old Go News site just moved to http://igokisen.web.fc2.com/news.html. Also BUMP.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 20 2010 17:16 GMT
#137
I've recently started playing Go, and I gotta say, it's a hell lot of fun. I'm just so bad at it though >.< The level of skill must be insane seeing how my ass would get so beat from like 18 or 20 w/e kyu bots. I'm probably like the lowest rank which is 32 kyu I think?

Any TLers still play Go actively? it'd be great if I could spectate or something, or maybe you guys could stream like how some people stream chess.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 05:27:14
February 27 2011 05:25 GMT
#138
Long time lurker here, and made an account recently. Thought I'd add a few things here. To those interested, there is a teamliquid room on KGS as well. "teamliquid" under the "Social" category from the "Rooms" option. I do not believe it's been mentioned yet.

There used to be a baduk.tv stream that was regularly running for free. I believe now, it is pay-per-view to the person who is restreaming it. Pretty weird, but it's out there. I doubt it's worth it, something like 10$ for only one week pass. Wait, let me rephrase, it's definitely not worth it. The owner was restreaming it through ustream last I remember. I do not know about what it is using now.

Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
February 27 2011 06:01 GMT
#139
I love Go, unfortunately had not been playing them for quite a while as they require decent time investment. And then there is the fact that getting official ranking on the KGS server is too hard, at least for me.

I'm sure I posted about Go on another (or this?) thread somewhere, but I am also player who just escaped newbie status.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
February 27 2011 12:03 GMT
#140
I'll see you on kgs! Been there for a while now - happy to discover a TL room! I'm circa 8k plz invite me for a game if you're interested!
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1151
soO 436
Hyuk 384
Mini 227
ZerO 163
Killer 63
Shinee 52
Mind 39
PianO 27
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
Mong 24
Terrorterran 17
ZergMaN 11
yabsab 10
HiyA 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 654
XcaliburYe334
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
byalli555
Other Games
olofmeister875
ceh9647
singsing623
Happy406
Livibee198
crisheroes183
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)10
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2300
League of Legends
• Jankos1430
• Rush1254
• Stunt417
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.