• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7621 users

SSBB New Characters - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
March 10 2008 05:04 GMT
#241
Olimar and Zelda are my favorites. Zelda is all-around good, Uair is insane KO and the new Din's Fire (side B) is wayyy better Olimar is just a freaking beast at dealing damage.

R.O.B is also a potential favorite. I'm not much a fan of wolf, not really sure why. He seems decent though.
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
March 10 2008 05:12 GMT
#242
my favs are dedede and olimar
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
yubee
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States3826 Posts
March 10 2008 08:03 GMT
#243
dedede kicks ass holy shit

i'm drunk but it doesn't matter his fair and down+B are so good! zapling i want to discuss this more with you please pm me ahaha
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-10 09:03:20
March 10 2008 09:02 GMT
#244
I played for a few hours Friday night (Japanese version), then 5.5 hours tonight.

Brawl is love-making awesome.

My favourite new characters are Pit and Snake. I tried to use Dedede but I guess I just don't know how to use him effectively yet .

Initially my best characters were Sheik and Marth, partly because I used them the most in SSBM, and partly because they seem really good in Brawl. Since I never owned SSBM and never had the chance to learn all of its advanced techniques, my playstyle with them is pretty much the same.

Pit looks similar to Marth at first glance, but he plays totally differently. It took me a while to learn how to use him well and to start winning 1v1s against my friends. His n-air, u-air, and forward-B seem like his most "spammable" damage-inflicting moves. forward-B seems to leave him in frame-advantage most of the time. His dash attack is good, too. His b-air is powerfull, a lot better than his f-ir (which seems to be a common trend in all the SSB games ). For killing, b-air and f-smash seem best. His giant shield ROCKS: tonight, I saw it block smash attacks, boss attacks (during the SSE campaign), and a mortar in the face (which actually killed my opponent instead, lol). I suspect it would also block hammers, bob-ombs, and maybe even some final smashes . Lastly, a downside with Pit is that he has a tiny grab range =/.

Snake plays very weird, very differently from most other characters. All his smash attacks are like special moves. As far as I can tell, his only fast moves are his neutral-A x3, f-tilt x2, and (totally awesome) dash attack. Beyond that, seems like fighting at a distance is what he does best. I keep forgetting to abuse his grenades and his remote and proximity mines, mainly because I keep having so much fun with his guided missile . You control it with the joystick and press shield to make it stop and drop (there might be other things you can do with it, also). If you pick Snake, I suggesting sticking to the 3 moves I mentioned above when in-close, and abuse his gimmicky tools from a distance ^_^. Oh yeah, he can still attack after his up-B, and his f-air is really slow and sucks: use his other air moves instead.

Someone teach me how to play Dedede . His n-air splash looks pretty good, but I didn't like his f-air much: it's too slow, imo. His other air moves looked good too. On the ground, I'm not sure how to approach my opponent =/. I read a month ago that he has a chain grab, but I wasn't able to abuse it very well (I probably had the timing wrong).

IMO, Toon Link is going to be one of the top-tier characters. My friend and I unlocked him tonight by beating the SSE last boss, then going to the Forest level (it has Zelda music in the background). Toon Link's moves are ridiculously fast and powerful. It's hard to find any downsides to him. The second hit of his f-smash is SOOO STRONG . The only consolation is that, if you block it, you get a free grab. Furthermore, his d-air is SOOO FAST and has incredible vertical range: my friend would land on a platform above my head and Toon Link's sword would actually hit me beneath the platform @_@. Seems like it would also have a lot of landing lag, at least. I finally managed to win vs Toon Link using Pit and abusing forward-B to get in on him, but that might be due in part to my friend having been awake for 20 hours at that point .

Lastly, my friend and I discovered the best combo in the game:
1. Pick Wario vs Toon Link.
2. Grab Toon Link.
3. Press A to punch him in the balls.

I think it's a coincidence that Wario holds Toon Link at the perfect height for his fist to nail Toon Link square in the nuts .
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
March 10 2008 09:07 GMT
#245
Oh, by the way, Brawl is SO MUCH BETTER than Melee, imo.

The items have better variety (although I suck at getting Final Smashes, and the assist trophies piss me off, especially Little Mac >_<;; ), the single-player content looks incredible, the characters are cooler and more varied, and the game mechanics show some huge improvements. Like I said, I was never an advanced player in Melee, so I don't miss wavedashing and the like. But I'm SO glad that they improved air-dodging: I used to die repeatedly in Melee from trying to tech and instead air-dodging off the side of the stage. It adds a lot more depth to the air-to-air game to allow you to move after air dodging, imo. In addition, I'm glad that some characters can still attack after they recover with up-B.
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
March 10 2008 10:29 GMT
#246
Looking at smashboards, it seems that the current Melee pros choose toon link, olimar, diddy kong, dedede, and marth as the best characters, especially marth. Boo marth
BlindAlbino
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Ecuador176 Posts
March 10 2008 14:05 GMT
#247
I used mewtwo, game and watch in melee(low tier user)

and lucario is an upgrade from mewtwo for sure.

I hope he stays low tier because he has some nice abuse combos I was playing with
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
March 10 2008 14:20 GMT
#248
What's this low tier/high tier shannanigans you all speak of? The character's viability for high level gaming??

PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-10 15:50:52
March 10 2008 15:48 GMT
#249
I'm liking the game quite a bit so far. 25% finished with the main story line. I don't bother with any of the high level competitive stuff, but I'm a big Meta Knight fan at the moment.
artofmagic
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
United States1951 Posts
March 10 2008 16:05 GMT
#250
sheik lost all her killing power.. zelda and bowser definitely improved!
samus' missiles is almost useless without missle cancel (wtf her missles look like pellets!)

metaknight players can abuse a's and that drill move.

Overall it seems balance (there's really no high tier) ..
however i hate the speed of the game
(slow movement and character now a much easier time getting back on stage)..
there's no fast fall (even if there is.. you wont see any difference)
o gosh no dash dancing..
evolve or die
nitram
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada5412 Posts
March 11 2008 00:34 GMT
#251
I just got this game and damn its nuts.
It takes a while to get the buttons down but it sure is fun.
These sites might be of more use than a StarCraft site, where the majority of posters look on WCIII as the dense misformed fetus produced during Blizzards latest miscarrige.
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
March 11 2008 00:41 GMT
#252
On March 10 2008 23:20 Hawk wrote:
What's this low tier/high tier shannanigans you all speak of? The character's viability for high level gaming??



Yup, terms used in all competitive fighting games.
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
March 11 2008 01:07 GMT
#253
On March 11 2008 01:05 artofmagic wrote:
o gosh no dash dancing..


I refute this claim.

Think. :)
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-11 15:53:24
March 11 2008 15:52 GMT
#254
So I beat the Subspace thingy last night. It was fun, but I couldn't help but think about what could have been there.

The regular enemies were generally lame (where were the enemies from Kirby? other Mario series? hell, Earthbound?) with a few cool bosses. The battles with Porky and Ridley were cool, but who the hell were those robots?

Subspace could have been totally awesome, but ended up being pretty mediocre. Oh well, at least its just kind of a sideshow.

Edit: Oh and PS - Glad to see that Mr. Game and Destroy got some upgrades.
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
March 12 2008 01:04 GMT
#255
Rawr, this game is AWESOME!
We need to organize a league or something for TL.net brawlers to show off their skills. (A TL.net SSBB Starleague!!??)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
March 12 2008 01:27 GMT
#256
On March 12 2008 10:04 hasuprotoss wrote:
Rawr, this game is AWESOME!
We need to organize a league or something for TL.net brawlers to show off their skills. (A TL.net SSBB Starleague!!??)


If this is at all serious, I could def get my brother and his friend to join. And if they do, I might as well.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
nortorius
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada1210 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-12 04:18:01
March 12 2008 02:10 GMT
#257
Post some god damn friend codes already (along with your location preferably to avoid laggy matches). Mine is 0688-4929-9917 and I live in barrie, ontario (about a 45 min drive north of toronto).

EDIT: also tell the person you've added them so they can add you back
._.
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
1133 Posts
March 12 2008 02:44 GMT
#258
On March 12 2008 11:10 nortorius wrote:
Post some god damn friend codes already (along with your location preferably to avoid laggy matches). Mine is 0688-4929-9917 and I live in barrie, ontario (about a 45 min drive north of toronto).

Someone should make a separate thread for general wii codes for wii games.
:D
Umbrella
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Taiwan936 Posts
March 12 2008 03:00 GMT
#259
4081-5196-2305 (San Diego, CA)
I'm not that good though
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
March 13 2008 01:52 GMT
#260
On March 12 2008 10:27 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2008 10:04 hasuprotoss wrote:
Rawr, this game is AWESOME!
We need to organize a league or something for TL.net brawlers to show off their skills. (A TL.net SSBB Starleague!!??)


If this is at all serious, I could def get my brother and his friend to join. And if they do, I might as well.


I won't be the one to organize it, I don't feel I would stay consist enough to update threads, results, etc. But if somebody would create a "Starleague" for Brawl for TL.net, I would certainly play :D
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.