• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9578 users

Fire Emblem - Page 162

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 171 Next
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
September 16 2019 08:02 GMT
#3221
Quick question regarding Edelgard's route:

+ Show Spoiler +
I understand I will lose access to some of my students due to the split, I'm planning to choose Rhea in my first BE playthrough, which students will I lose? I imagine Edelgard and Hubert, who else? I'll stop prioritizing the students I lose.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-16 15:38:23
September 16 2019 15:38 GMT
#3222
On September 16 2019 14:51 TheYango wrote:
Seminars aren't worth doing. Activity points are too useful--even if you've maxed out your students' motivation and used faculty training to raise skills on Byleth, you can cook temporary stat boosts that stack over multiple weeks in a month (so you can get like +3 speed for your whole team on a chapter), which is insanely useful on Maddening to get your students' stats up. On top of that every explore day lets you grow another permanent stat booster at the greenhouse.

There was some theorycrafting about seminars being useful in no-optional-battle LTC, but once people figured out how to reliably grow statboosters in the greenhouse, that line of thinking was quickly discarded because every explore day letting you get another +1 permanent statbooster is just way more powerful than what you get from seminars.

If you are going to battle, the best time to do it is the last week of a month. For most months in the game, there's no lectures between the last free day of a month and the first free day of the next month, which means that battling on the last week avoids having battles screw up the cadence of restoring motivation to your students.

Wtf those bonusses stack til

Is church useful?
WriterXiao8~~
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 16 2019 23:04 GMT
#3223
Choir practice is mostly useful as a way to boost supports before the other options for doing so open up. IIRC it gives more support points than meals. I use it to start building supports with a priority recruit to get them at the earliest possible moment (really just Lysithea) before the merchants and teatime become available.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
September 17 2019 02:51 GMT
#3224
On September 16 2019 17:02 Laurens wrote:
Quick question regarding Edelgard's route:

+ Show Spoiler +
I understand I will lose access to some of my students due to the split, I'm planning to choose Rhea in my first BE playthrough, which students will I lose? I imagine Edelgard and Hubert, who else? I'll stop prioritizing the students I lose.

+ Show Spoiler +
you only lose those two. Conversely if you choose edel you loose any associated with the monastary/church including seteth catherine and shamir
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 07:19:23
September 17 2019 07:15 GMT
#3225
Alright thanks.

Also is Ferdinand terrible or did mine just get RNG-screwed? STR and SPD seem lacking for a lance user.
Quite a few good mages though. My Dorothea is super powerful.

e: looked up Ferdinand's growths, mine just got screwed it seems T_T
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
September 17 2019 12:36 GMT
#3226
On September 17 2019 11:51 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2019 17:02 Laurens wrote:
Quick question regarding Edelgard's route:

+ Show Spoiler +
I understand I will lose access to some of my students due to the split, I'm planning to choose Rhea in my first BE playthrough, which students will I lose? I imagine Edelgard and Hubert, who else? I'll stop prioritizing the students I lose.

+ Show Spoiler +
you only lose those two. Conversely if you choose edel you loose any associated with the monastary/church including seteth catherine and shamir

+ Show Spoiler +
Shamir stays.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 20:01:04
September 17 2019 20:00 GMT
#3227
On September 17 2019 21:36 chocorush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 11:51 Cricketer12 wrote:
On September 16 2019 17:02 Laurens wrote:
Quick question regarding Edelgard's route:

+ Show Spoiler +
I understand I will lose access to some of my students due to the split, I'm planning to choose Rhea in my first BE playthrough, which students will I lose? I imagine Edelgard and Hubert, who else? I'll stop prioritizing the students I lose.

+ Show Spoiler +
you only lose those two. Conversely if you choose edel you loose any associated with the monastary/church including seteth catherine and shamir

+ Show Spoiler +
Shamir stays.
+ Show Spoiler +

Yup my mistake, typo. Meant Flayn.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TomatoBisque
Profile Joined March 2013
United States6290 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 22:36:57
September 17 2019 22:36 GMT
#3228
On September 16 2019 06:29 TheYango wrote:
Game apparently gets much easier after C5, not unlike Awakening L/L+.

I haven't had the patience or the time to really give Maddening a good go yet.

I personally think Ch. 7 is the hardest map so far but other than that I mostly agree. Enemies aren't punching bags like they are on Hard but they don't come in enough numbers for me to feel scared

It doesn't help that you can still warpskip
rip
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 03:20:51
September 18 2019 03:19 GMT
#3229
The strategy really feels the same, just lure them out and clean everything up on player phase. Main thing is the weapon arts are way more useful now. Knowing how much money you get in the game, it's really easy to just throw money at the problems in the form of weapon uses.

Lysithea's monstrous mag growth still makes her the best unit in the game because you can wipe out such a large chunk of problem unit hp compared to the rest of the cast.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 08:48:42
September 18 2019 08:48 GMT
#3230
On September 17 2019 16:15 Laurens wrote:
Alright thanks.

Also is Ferdinand terrible or did mine just get RNG-screwed? STR and SPD seem lacking for a lance user.
Quite a few good mages though. My Dorothea is super powerful.

e: looked up Ferdinand's growths, mine just got screwed it seems T_T


Follow-up about my shitty Ferdinand:
At lvl 20 he had 14 STR, while on average he should've had 8 + 8.55 (19 levels * 0.45 STR growth) so he was pretty RNG-screwed. (I think this is the correct calculation?)
But then I promoted him from Cavalier to Paladin and he got +3 STR and +2 DEF so all is well.

Are promotions meant to correct bad RNG? I already noticed that sometimes certain stats get boosted upon promotion and other times your unit doesn't get anything.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
September 18 2019 12:12 GMT
#3231
If your character doesn't have the minimum stat for the class, base stats are added to your character until you meet the minimum. If it surpasses the minimum stat, no base stats are added, and just the class stats are added on top of your bases.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
September 18 2019 21:15 GMT
#3232
Chapter 7 would be tough if not for the fact that I cleared 4 Paralogues and my characters are hitting 18-19 basically.
WriterXiao8~~
Theoren
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada810 Posts
September 18 2019 23:31 GMT
#3233
I've seen a lot of people say Chapter 7 is the hardest, but it was by far the easiest chapter I've done , the only thing that was easier was the prologue and even that's arguable. Maybe I just got lucky withthe ai, but I barely had to fight anyone. The other two houses just went at each other, I only had to deal with a couple pegasus knights and and a few cavalry + the leaders.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
September 19 2019 04:46 GMT
#3234
I one shot the dark knight with lysithea on ch 6. Very fair character.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
September 19 2019 06:47 GMT
#3235
On September 19 2019 13:46 chocorush wrote:
I one shot the dark knight with lysithea on ch 6. Very fair character.

par for the course
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 19 2019 06:50 GMT
#3236
I think she's actually more likely to one-shot him than not, especially with growable statboosters and Battalions in play.
Moderator
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
September 19 2019 11:39 GMT
#3237
On September 18 2019 21:12 chocorush wrote:
If your character doesn't have the minimum stat for the class, base stats are added to your character until you meet the minimum. If it surpasses the minimum stat, no base stats are added, and just the class stats are added on top of your bases.


I read somewhere (but never confirmed) that the base stats can also be taken with you when you leave the class. So the Armored Knight exam, for example, is a great way (if taken early enough) to secure 12 defense on your natural low defense characters.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
September 19 2019 11:43 GMT
#3238
Base stats are not taken away when you class change. The only thing that changes are the class stats that are added on top of your base stats.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-24 07:53:40
September 24 2019 07:51 GMT
#3239
Incidentally, Ferdinand is one of the better combat units in Maddening because he is one of the few units that learns Swift Strikes (basically lance Double Lions). Swift Strikes is just a huge deal in post-timeskip Maddening because it lets you blow through a lot of the hard-to-double enemies by auto-doubling them with Swift Strikes.

Ferdinand and Sylvain are just very good once they get going because of Swift Strikes + proficiencies that let them get into Wyvern while still training lances quickly. Getting Death Blow from Brigand + Swift Strikes from A lances means both of them can comfortably ORKO most enemies post-timeskip.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
September 24 2019 13:18 GMT
#3240
Are people going through brigand whenever reasonable just for death blow?
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 25
Bale 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever530
canceldota164
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
Doublelift4301
Counter-Strike
taco 203
Other Games
summit1g7006
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0354
ToD73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• poizon28 39
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra917
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.